His Light βœ“

By AzaleaOlive

*COMPLETED* Annalise(Ann) had a simple life. A loving family, and a roof over her head. But when that is take... More

𝔖𝔢𝔫𝔬𝔭𝔰𝔦𝔰
𝔄𝔲𝔱π”₯𝔬𝔯 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔒
𝔗π”₯𝔒 β„­π”žπ”°π”±
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 1
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 2
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 3
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 4
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 5
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 6
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 7
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 8
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 9
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 10
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 11
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 12
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 13
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 14
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 15
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 16
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 17
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 18
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 19
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 20
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 21
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 23
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 24
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 25
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 26
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 27
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 28
β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 29
π”ˆπ”­π”¦π”©π”¬π”€π”²π”’

β„­π”₯π”žπ”­π”±π”’π”― 22

21.1K 681 35
By AzaleaOlive

Published 10/6/20

Luca's Pov

After dinner I went up to my chambers. I ordered that nobody disturb me for the rest of the evening. I sat at the edge of my bed and stared at the burning embers that remained in the fireplace. The embers were red, much like how I am feeling at the moment. I clutched the chalice that was in my hand. I was enraged, but what Ayla said earlier sent my anger ablaze.

"Well, I saw Annalise in the market square with a boy. He seemed very taken with her and she him. Perhaps she wanted to spend time with her lover."

At the thought, I was shaking and I threw my chalice at the wall above the fireplace. I closed my eyes and laid my head down on the bed. My brain still tormenting me of thoughts of Ann and this lover boy. I took a deep breath, and tried to fall into a peaceful sleep.

I awoke to a knock at the door. The room was completely dark. The only thing I could see was the orange glowing embers in the fireplace. The knock sounded again. I got up from the bed, put on my robe, and walked over to the door. I open to see Agnola holding a candle. I squint at the light.

"Agnola, what is it?" I ask in a low tone.

"My lord, Agnesia has come back."

At that statement, I feel no longer tired. Hopeful that Ann has returned with her. "And Annalise?"

Agnola ignores my question, but ushers me to follow her. I quickly follow Agnola through the dark and empty halls. I am eager to see Ann, knowing that she will be safe within the castle walls. Agnola leads me to the kitchen where I find servants surrounding a disheveled Agnesia. All of my hope washes away at that moment. When the servants noticed me, they part away. I take a good look at Agnesia. Her hair was tangled with leaves, dirt covered her skin and clothes.

She sees me and immediately gets up and drops on her knees in front of me.

"I tried your majesty, but they did not want to let her go! I tried everything I could to get her out!" She exclaims with tears streaming down her face. Servants came over and helped her to get up off the floor.

When Agnesia later composed herself, she told me everything about what happened. I made an announcement to the servants that I would ride out when the sun rose in search of Ann.

Later that morning when the sun was rising, I walked over to the stables to find 10 of my men all mounted. I walked over to my grey horse that a stable boy was holding for me. I mounted and was about to flick my reins until a voice shouted.

"Wait!" I see Ayla running from the corridor with a man in tow. "Please, take one of my men. He is skilled archer, best in my kingdom. Allow me to offer you some help."

I studied the knight and gave him a curt nod. One more hand couldn't hurt. Ayla gave me a grin and placed a kiss upon my hand. Once the Hungarian knight was mounted on a horse, I flicked my reins and the horse started galloping toward the gate. My men followed suit.

Hours went by like years. According to what Agnesia told me, the brigands are eyes of the forest. You don't find them, they find you. We stopped at a stream for our horses to drink water and for us to fill our stomachs. The men dismounted, including I and started to eat. The men gathered around and start talking amongst themselves.

Suddenly, I heard rustling leaves and a snap of a branch.

"Shh!" I told my men. They did so, got up and unsheathed their swords.

Men came out from the foliage. They were dressed in all black. These must be the brigands that Agnesia was talking about.

"No need for that. My lord has been expecting you," one said in a slow tone.

Francesco looked at me, as if asking if we can trust him. I held out my hand and placed it on his sword. He slowly lowered his sword and so did the rest.

"Dai (Come on), we mustn't keep Him waiting." We mounted our horses once again and followed them deeper into the forest.

We made it to their hideout. Men and women were watching us as we entered. They surrounded us, watching us intensely. We stopped until we couldn't go further. The man went into a tent and came out with another.

"Your Majesty, I have been expecting you. Welcome!" The man said while extending his arms outward. I guess he is their leader. I stare at him with an intense gaze.

"Yes I heard. Now please give me my servant." I said in an acerbic tone. I was not going to waste my time with this person.

"Well first give me the money that I told the other when I let her go. Hopefully she relayed that to you." I threw the bag in front of him. He snapped his finger and pointed at it. The man that led us here quickly ran and grabbed it. He handed it to him, who opened it with greedy eyes.

"Very well. You may have your maidservant. But I will say I will miss her womanly presence." He smirked. I took everything I had not to dismount and kill him where he stood.

Two men came out, holding Ann's biceps. She looked even worse than Agnesia when she arrived. My heart sank at the sight.

Annalise/Ann's Pov

I am sitting in the corner of the cell, my knees tucked under my chin to keep warm. The temperature dropped last night. I tried to keep myself warm. Suddenly, I hear the door of the prison open and two men entered my view. They stop in front of my cell and unlock it.

"You are free to go," they forcefully grab my biceps and lead me out of the prison. Once we leave, my eyes squint at the light. It takes me a minute to adjust. When my eyes finally adjust I see crowds of people and Luca with his men. Agnesia made it! I tried not to make my smile evident on my face. We stop next to the leader. He gives the men a look to let go of my arms. When I am free I take a step forward, but then I feel an arm around me and a hand covers my mouth. I claw at it to pry it off.

I see Luca's worried expression which quickly changes to an unbothered look.

"Tell me, Your Majesty. What is so precious about this servant that you want to rescue after you told my men instructions to take your servant girls?" The leader asks. Luca furrows his brows.

"What? I never did such a thing!" Luca responds.

"Oh but someone from your kingdom did," I try to scratch at his hand and scream but to no avail my screams were muffled.

"Quiet!" He yells in my ear.

The leader snaps his head toward a man. "You said someone of royal blood came and ordered you to take two servant girls, correct?"

The man responds, "Yes sir! Knights and a la-" before the man could finish an arrow impaled his chest. Heads turned toward the man who did it. A knight of the Hungarian Kingdom.

"You idiot! Why did you do that?!" Luca sneered at the knight.

Chaos started at that moment. I am violently thrown to the ground by the leader who started fighting with our knights. Brigands started to get weapons and the women were gathering the children. Luca noticed I was free and called out my name. I scrambled to my feet and ran over to him and I was hoisted up onto his horse. He tugged at the reins and galloped away. His men stayed behind to fight. His priority was to get me to safety.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 22

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: Why did that knight kill the brigand? Would love to hear your thoughts! Don't forget to comment/vote. I would really appreciate it! Love you! See ya next time! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7.4K 30
*Book title has been updated, previously known as Ace* Imagine seeing someone unable to buy food because they didn't have the money. Then randomly a...
91.1K 1.3K 30
"Hmm I see but I don't want to be in a relationship " I say sternly "Okay princess what If I go underneath this table ...will I not find you soaked" ...
382K 18.5K 63
[BOOK ONE OF THE VAMPIRE AND THE GHOST SERIES] She's dead, he's undead. An unusual duo make their way through the modern world, and its modern chall...
12.4M 372K 38
__❀︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❀︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...