(Book1) Reincarnation of the...

By faithprieto

[Chapters 1-200] She was originally a puppet of her family. Pursued by the police for being a business spy an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86 & 87
Chapter 88-90
Chapter 91-93
Chapter 94-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter 186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Note

Chapter 101-105

3.3K 104 29
By faithprieto

Chapter 101: Be Kind

Translator: Henyee Translations  
Editor: Henyee Translations

Gu Ning finished the papers within half an hour as well, without any hint of cheating. Gu Ning knew that it was hard for someone who knew that she had been bad at studying to accept her change, but true blue would never stain. Now she wasn’t afraid to face her classmates and teachers.

After the afternoon tests, Gu Ning left directly. It was just 4 pm. The appointed time was 6 pm in the Youyi Restaurant on Youyi Road. It took around 20 minutes to walk from Fenghua Luxury Mansion to the Youyi Restaurant, so Gu Man and others planned to leave their houses at 5 pm. Thus Gu Ning went back home first.

She didn’t run this time, but take a taxi instead. Within 20 minutes, she was back at Fenghua Luxury Mansion. Gu Ning had told her family that she had a monthly test today, so Gu Man and the rest were all surprised that she was home so early.

“Why are you home so early?” Gu Man asked.

“I finished the tests, so I’m back,” Gu Ning replied.

“Is it because you didn’t know the answers? It’s fine. We can keep trying,” Gu Qing comforted. They never blamed Gu Ning for her performance, but always encouraged her, because they all knew that not every kid was born academic.

Gu Ning didn’t explain further. The results would be the best proof.

A short while later, Jiang Xinyue got back home as well. She only had two classes in the afternoon, and she left her school at 4:05 pm. She got home at 4:30 pm.

Everyone was ready to leave when it was 5 pm, but Gu Ning stopped all of them. She said, “Why should we go there so early? We always get to the family meal earlier than them. And they are always late. I think it’ll be fine if we just arrive on time.”

“Well…” Gu Man felt that it wasn’t appropriate.

“I think Ningning is right. Why should we be there early and wait for them every time?” Gu Qing immediately agreed. She sat back down again. Gu Man compromised at the end.

Both Gu Man and Gu Qing deliberately didn’t dress up. They were wearing the medium-level brand, and looked normal. No one would know what the brand was if he or she wasn’t familiar with clothing brands. Jiang Xu was in the same style. As for Gu Ning, she was still in her casual suit.

They didn’t leave until 5:30 pm.

They walked to the Youyi Restaurant. When they arrived, it was five minutes away from six pm, but they coincidentally met Gu Qinxiang’s family outside. Gu Qinxiang’s family included Gu Qinxiang, Lin Lijuan, Gu Qinxiang and the old lady.

They were always late for the family meal.

Gu Qinxiang was the richest one in the Gu Family, so he was also the most powerful one. Therefore, he became arrogant and also believed that he was the star in their family.

He was upset when he met Gu Man and others outside.

Except for Gu Qinxiang, Lin Lijuan, Gu Xiaoxiao, and the old lady all changed their faces. Especially the old lady, she was still annoyed that Gu Ning had shouted at her last time. She immediately raised her voice in anger, “Gu Ning the b*st*rd. Who told you to be here? Go away immediately!”

The old lady had lost all her manners, and was behaving like a crazy woman. All of sudden, her voice attracted attention from people around. Although the crowd didn’t know what was going on, they disdained the old lady’s rude behavior.

Gu Qinxiang was surprised by his mother, and also felt embarrassed amid the others people’s looks. He called, “Mom…”

He knew his mother never liked Gu Ning, neither did he. He hated and despised Gu Ning too. Every time they met, the old lady would humiliate Gu Ning, but he had never seen his mother get so mad.

Gu Qinxiang had been busy these days, and he was seldom home, so he didn’t know what had happened the other day.

Meanwhile, Gu Man and others were all immediately in a rage. Gu Man felt like crying. She retorted, “Mom, could you please be kind! Ningning is my daughter. She is not a b*st*rd. Besides, it’s my third brother who asked me to be here.”

The old lady didn’t feel ashamed at all. Instead, she was more annoyed. “She is a b*st*rd! I’ll never admit that she is my granddaughter! If she stays, I’ll leave right now!”

“Mom, what is wrong with you? Can we just talk when we’re in the private room? You’re embarrassing me in front of everyone in public!” Gu Qinxiang was a little displeased.

No matter what, he was a man of a little fame in City F. His mother’s behavior had obviously embarrassed him.

However, the old lady was so mad that she didn’t care about their faces at all. Moreover, she indeed was a bossy and domineering woman, who only cared about herself. She continued to snap at Gu Ning, “What is wrong with you? You b*st*rd hit Xiaoxiao, but refused to apologize. You even yelled at me! You’re insane!”

Gu Qinxiang was seldom home these days, so no one actually told him what had happened.

Hearing the word “b*st*rd”, Gu Ning, Gu Man and others were all displeased. Gu Ning threw a cold look at the old lady. The old lady was scared and struck dumb at once.

Although Gu Qinxiang preferred to save his face, he lost control of his emotions since his daughter was involved.

“What? Gu Ning hit Xiaoxiao?” Gu Qinxiang changed his face at short notice. His eyes were full of anger as he looked at Gu Ning.

Gu Xiaoxiao criticized Gu Ning without delay, “Yes! Dad, Gu Ning hit my head with a plate, then she slapped me several times. Grandma told her to apologize to me, but she refused to do so. Besides, she even yelled at grandma, and threatened mom!”

After that, she gave Gu Ning a provocative look.

She was afraid of Gu Ning, but now that her father was here as well she wasn’t afraid any more.

The crowd now all looked to Gu Ning with shock.

What?

She hit the girl with a plate, and even slapped her. She refused to apologize, then yelled and threatened the older generation?

If so, the young girl was very violent and rude.

Some immediately had a bad impression of Gu Ning.

However, some people, before it was confirmed, didn’t immediately believe it. They still had doubts towards Gu Ning.

“Gu Man, what kind of a daughter do you have? How dare she to hit my daughter?” Gu Qinxiang shouted at Gu Man.

Gu Man was shocked by his shout. In the Gu Family, everyone was afraid of Gu Qinxiang because he was the richest, most powerful and the eldest man in their family.

Even Gu Qinyang, who worked in a national department, respected Gu Qinxiang very much.

Chapter 102: Who Is Rude?

Translator: Henyee Translations  
Editor: Henyee Translations

Gu Qinyang was an ordinary civil servant, not an important official. He couldn’t compare with Gu Qinxiang. Although Gu Man was afraid of Gu Qinxiang, she would never yield once Gu Ning was involved. She retorted, “Ningning hit Xiaoxiao only because Xiaoxiao humiliated Ningning first.”

“So what? She hasn’t be hurt physically anyway. She shouldn’t slap my daughter.” Gu Qinxiang didn’t think it was wrong that Gu Xiaoxiao had humiliated Gu Ning.

“You…” Gu Man was so mad that she almost fainted all of a sudden. She almost fell.

Gu Ning immediately supported her mother and poured some power into her body.

Although there wasn’t much power in Gu Ning’s Jade Eyes, it was enough to help Gu Man stabilize her breathing.

Gu Man suddenly felt a cool air flow inside. Her breathing was immediately stabilized at once.

Gu Man thought that it was strange, but didn’t think about it any further because Gu Ning soon stopped. Gu Man believed that it was an illusion.

“How could you say that! Why should Ningning be treated in that way?” Gu Qing was also mad. Even though she knew Gu Qinxiang was selfish, she didn’t know that he could be so shameless.

“It was Xiaoxiao’s fault for humiliating others, but Gu Ning should never hit her!” Gu Qinxiang almost lost his patience. He added, “Besides, our mother told her to apologize. She refused, and even yelled at our mother. She is so rude!”

“Gee!” Gu Ning couldn’t help sneering. She stared at Gu Qinxiang and said coldly, “In that case, I can call you a b*st*rd and call your mother a shameless b*tch, and you also can’t do anything about it?”

“How dare you!” Hearing that, Gu Qinxiang was in a rage. He screamed at Gu Ning, “How dare you to say that? You are so rude!”

The old lady was also very irritated at the same time.

“What? How come I’m wrong to say that? When Gu Xiaoxiao said that to my face, she never thought about respecting my mother. Isn’t she rude?” Gu Ning argued.

“You…” Gu Qinxiang suddenly didn’t know what to say.

Indeed although Gu Man was senior to Gu Xiaoxiao, Gu Xiaoxiao did not respect Gu Man, but throughout the past 18 years, no one felt that it was wrong. Even Gu Qinxiang was speechless when Gu Ning said it out loud in public.

The crowd now realized why Gu Ning hit the girl. All of the onlookers stood by Gu Ning’s side. It was so rude to humiliate someone else’s family. Even if her mother did something wrong, the young generation shouldn’t humiliate the elder generation.

Now, everyone disliked Gu Xiaoxiao.

“Insane, insane, insane! Your mother has done a shameful thing! Why can’t we criticize her? You…” the old lady said with rage. In her eyes, one who made a mistake deserved humiliation.

“Shut up,” Gu Ning snapped at her. She threw the old lady a cold look. The old lady felt frightened, and suddenly closed her mouth. Moreover, the old lady felt great pressure from Gu Ning. She almost couldn’t breathe. Even those onlookers felt a little stressed from her coldness.

“You’ve insulted my mother for 18 years, isn’t it enough? I really think that my mother is not your daughter. Otherwise, why do you hate her so much? Since you’re the mother of my mother, I didn’t want to be rude, but now, if you dare to bully my mother, then I’ll let you pay for it. Anyway, you don’t admit that I’m your granddaughter. Similarly, I will not admit that you’re my grandmother. Thus it’s useless to threaten me with morality,” Gu Ning said icily. She had now put her cards on the table.

Everyone was looking at the old lady with anger. She had humiliated her own daughter and granddaughter for 18 years! How vicious was she!

“You…”

The old lady had felt frightened by Gu Ning at first, then she trembled and almost lost her breath. Gu Qinxiang immediately supported his mother in case she fell down.

Gu Ning even threatened her.

Gu Qinxiang was shocked by Gu Ning’s attitude. She was so different from the old self-abased girl. No, she wasn’t. She was strong and confident enough to threaten the old lady now. Gu Qinxiang criticized with anger, “Gu Ning, you’re so rude! How can you talk to the elderly like that!”

“Rude? It’s all because of you shameless people! I’m a human being with dignity! I was quiet and polite before, but you always humiliated me. What I am doing now is only to defend my own dignity. The elderly? You don’t deserve our respect. You have humiliated my mother for 18 years and called me a b*st*rd for 18 years. It is my shame to have you as my family. If you want to win the respect of people, you must learn how to respect others first. Treat others the way you want to be treated! From now on, I won’t endure your insults anymore!” Gu Ning said with strong hate.

“You…” Gu Qinxiang’s face changed quickly. Gu Ning’s word made him feel guilty and annoyed at the same time. He couldn’t deny that Gu Ning’s words were reasonable, but he also felt embarrassed.

“Well put!”

At that time, a delightful female voice sounded.

Gu Ning immediately recognized who she was by her voice. It must be An Qian.

Seeing An Qian, Gu Ning realized that she had forgotten to pay the admission fee back to her.

Although she knew An Qian wouldn’t care, she still felt a little embarrassed.

“Gu Ning, I’m with you! Never stay a coward, but stand up for yourself!” An Qian supported Gu Ning.

It was beyond her imagination that Gu Ning had such a complicated and terrible family background. An Qian felt annoyed for Gu Ning since she believed that they were friends.

“An Qian, what a coincidence!” Gu Ning said.

“Doctor An,” Gu Man and others greeted her politely.

“This is our family issue. Please stay out of it, miss.”

Gu Qinxiang was even more irritated to see that an outsider had interrupted them.

“Well, I think that Gu Ning doesn’t admit that she is a part of your family, right? So how come it’s a family issue? Besides, I’m talking to Gu Ning, not you. It has nothing to do with your family,” An Qian retorted.

Chapter 103: Trouble

Translator: Henyee Translations  
Editor: Henyee Translations

“You…” Gu Qinxiang was speechless again. However, before he could say another word, another voice interrupted him.

“Qianqian, what are you doing?”

A charming male voice sounded. Then, a tall handsome man walked over. He was around 30 and was in a suit with the air of an elite, but not arrogance.

“What else can I do! My friend is being insulted. I’m helping her!” An Qian said unkindly, but it was not aimed at the man.

Seeing the man, Gu Qinxiang immediately put a smile on his face. He flattered, “Oh, it’s so nice to meet you, Executive Le! Are you here for dinner? What a coincidence! Let me be the host please!”

The man had to be powerful to be able to make Gu Qinxiang flatter him so obviously.

“No.” Before the man could open his mouth, An Qian immediately rejected him. She was apparently pissed off by Gu Qinxiang.

“You…” Gu Qinxiang wanted to criticize An Qian, but remembering that the two came together, he shut his mouth.

Although he didn’t know the relationship between them, they were either friends, or girlfriend and boyfriend, so Gu Qingxiang wasn’t willing to have bad blood with An Qian before the man.

Gu Qinxiang turned to Le Zhengyu, waiting for his answer.

“Sorry, Chairman Gu, I’m here with my friend today. It’s not very convenient,” Le Zhengyu refused indirectly.

“Well, um, what a shame.” Gu Qinxiang didn’t insist, he didn’t dare to insist.

Le Zhengyu had a hotel construction project in hand and Gu Qingxiang was trying to get it. He was on the waiting list now actually. Le Zhengyu would choose one out of five companies. It was a pretty intense competition. Therefore, Gu Qingxiang didn’t dare to aggravate him.

An Qian immediately invited Gu Ning and her family, “Gu Ning, come and have dinner with us! You promised to buy me a meal, but I’ve waited for so many days. You didn’t call me once!” An Qian almost criticized Gu Ning.

Gu Ning explained with embarrassment, “Um, I have many classes. I did plan to call you when I was free.”

“It doesn’t matter whether you buy me a meal or not, but we’re friends. We should gather together if we have time. Don’t wait for the next time. Let’s have the meal together now! Oh, Gu Ning’s mother, aunt and uncle, you all must come with us,” An Qian said with determination. She had heard the old lady’s words. If Gu Ning stayed, the old lady would leave right now. Besides, they just had a quarrel in public. It was impossible for them to sit down and eat together again.

An Qian didn’t plan to help Gu Ning out, but she really wanted to have a meal with her.

“But…” Gu Ning didn’t want to bother An Qian and Le Zhengyu.

An Qian knew what Gu Ning was thinking. She said, “You don’t need to worry. He won’t mind.”

She meant Le Zhengyu of course. An Qian gave Le Zhengyu a knowing look at the same time.

Le Zhengyu received her message. Although he wore a resigned smile, he did not mind at all. He then opened his mouth, “Miss Gu, please dine together with us.”

He obviously only invited Gu Ning and her family, not Gu Qinxiang’s family. He didn’t know what had just happened, but he understood that there were two different sides here. An Qian obviously stood by Gu Ning’s side, so he had to agree with her.

“Alright! Since we’re already here, we need to have dinner before we go back home.” Seeing Le Zhengyu was fine with An Qian’s invitation, Gu Ning answered at the end.

“Mom, aunt, uncle, Xinyue, let’s go dine with Doctor An!” Gu Ning said to her family.

Although Gu Man and the rest all didn’t want to bother someone else, Gu Ning had accepted, so they agreed as well. Gu Qinxiang, however, was totally annoyed that Le Zhengyu was willing to have a meal with Gu Ning and her family, while he had been rejected. He now hated An Qian very much.

However, he didn’t dare to say another word.

Lin Lijuan and Gu Xiaoxiao were also mad, but they knew that the man was an important figure, so they closed their mouths too.

However, because they knew that the man was special, Lin Lijuan and Gu Xiaoxiao were even more displeased. Gu Ning was only a poor girl. How could she know that Executive Le!

Meanwhile, the old lady suddenly erupted, “Hey, what is wrong with you? My son invited you to dine with him. You rejected, so how could you eat with the b*st*rd? You… ”

In the old lady’s eyes, her son was a big boss, while Gu Ning was merely a poor girl as well as a b*st*rd.

“Mom, shut your mouth!” Gu Qinxiang was shocked. He immediately criticized, “You can’t talk to Executive Le like that!”

Gu Qinxiang seldom criticized his mother, unless it was important. So the old lady realized that she had done something wrong. She immediately shut up, but also felt stressed because of the look from Gu Ning.

Gu Qinxiang apologized to Le Zhengyu at once, “Executive Le, I’m so sorry. My mom is a trouble in my family. Please forgive us.”

“I’m fine. However, your mother swore at a young girl like that. It was too rude and too vicious!” Le Zhengyu was apparently unhappy to witness the old lady’s behavior.

“My mom is too old to behave herself. I’ll talk to her later,” Gu Qinxiang said without delay.

“This is the last time. If I ever hear you call me a b*st*rd again, you’ll pay for it,” Gu Ning warned the old lady. She then ignored her, walking inside with others.

The old lady almost fainted from anger, but she did not dare to say another word. After they were gone, she then opened her mouth, “How-how could she do that!”

Gu Qinxiang snapped, “Enough! I’m on the waiting list of a significant project in Executive Le’s hand. I have to maintain a good relationship with him! How dare you argue with him? If he gets mad and removes my name from the list. I’ll lose a fortune!”

Hearing that, the old lady was shocked. She asked with worry, “What-what should we do now? It was all because of the b*tch Gu Ning. If it hadn’t been for her…”

Chapter 104: Utterly Unreasonable

Translator: Henyee Translations  Editor: Henyee Translations

Even now, the old lady still didn’t realize that it was her fault. She never believed that she could make mistakes. Therefore it must be Gu Ning’s fault. The old lady was so selfish!

“Mom, could you stop blaming others for what you’ve done? Didn’t you make mistakes?” Gu Qinxiang lost his patience, and raised his voice. Although he hated Gu Ning too, he also knew that his mother was the cause of the mess.

“How come it’s my fault? Gu Ning did it! If she hadn’t been here, it all wouldn’t have happened!” the old lady retorted with anger.

“You…” Gu Qinxiang was speechless. The old lady was utterly unreasonable.

“However, since Gu Ning knows them. You can get Gu Ning to help you with the project in front of Executive Le,” the old lady said airily.

People around who hadn’t left yet were astonished. The old lady was really shameless. She had just sworn at the girl, and wasn’t willing to admit that the girl was her granddaughter. Now she thought it was granted that Gu Ning would help them.

Everyone looked at the old lady with intense dislike, but the old lady was too shameless to notice.

Gu Qinxiang’s family however, were all cheered up by the idea. They were all selfish people and didn’t believe that there was anything wrong with it.

If Gu Ning had known about their idea, she would have laughed out of anger. She had never met such shameless people before!

Gu Ning didn’t actually know Le Zhengyu. Even if they did know each other, she had no reason to help Gu Qingxiang. It would already be very kind of her not to get Le Zhengyu to delete Gu Qinxiang’s name from the waiting list.

“Doctor An, we left the hospital in a hurry last time. I didn’t thank you enough for your help. I’m so sorry,” Gu Man said to An Qian.

“Please don’t say that. Gu Ning and I are friends,” An Qian replied.

Even though, Gu Man still felt a little guilty. She said, “Doctor An, please let us buy the meal this time.”

“It’s really fine. Please let my friend buy the meal.” An Qian immediately rejected. She tried her best to show her kindness.

“Absolutely not,” Gu Man argued. She then turned to Gu Ning. “Ningning, say something!”

“An Qian, please let us do the treating!” Gu Ning said.

Actually, even though Gu Man hadn’t said that, Gu Ning would let Jiang Xu pay the bill secretly later. An Qian knew she couldn’t reject anyway, so she compromised.

Because of what had just happened outside, Gu Qinyang’s family were losing their patience waiting.

Qinxiang’s family was always late, and they were used to it, but Gu Man and Gu Qing’s families were never late. Instead, they were always the ones who came early. Now however, it was more than 10 minutes past 6 and they still hadn’t showed up. Gu Qinyang’s family felt displeased.

Gu Qingyang had a family of four. His wife, Wen Yulan, and twin children. The elder sister was Gu Yinyin, and the younger brother was Gu Qingshi. They were both 14 in the eighth grade.

Both Gu Yinyin and Gu Qingshi were good-looking kids with bad characters. They would probably behave themselves in front of strangers, but in front of the Gu Family, they would be themselves.

They were like Gu Xiaoxiao who enjoyed bulling Gu Ning and Jiang Xinyue. Therefore, they had a good relationship with Gu Xiaoxiao.

“What is wrong with our second aunt and the family of our fourth aunt? We invite them to have dinner with us, but they are so late! What do they think they are?” Gu Qingshi said with anger. He apparently didn’t blame Gu Qinxiang’s family. Indeed, Gu Qinxiang was the boss in the Gu Family, and no one dared to blame him. Gu Qinxiang was the richest one among them anyway.

“Exactly! I think we shouldn’t have invited them at the very beginning. I feel so embarrassed to have such a group of poor relatives!” Gu Yinyin said with disdain.

Both Gu Qinyang and Wen Yulan didn’t criticize their children for their unkind remarks. They both actually had the same idea, and they would never blame their children. Children learned the way of behaving from their parents. If their parents didn’t show any respect to others, they basically would do the same thing.

Like what had happened when Gu Qinxiang, Gu Qing, Gu Qinyang and Gu Man had been intimate sisters and brothers in their childhood. Under the influence of their mother, the boys had started to despise the girls.

However, the most important reason was that they were selfish people. Their father didn’t think that boys were better than girls, and had told his sons to treat the girls well, but their father had had to work hard to support his family. He hadn’t been home often, let alone having time to educate his children. Otherwise Gu Man and Gu Qing wouldn’t have been bullied for a long time.

Gu Qinyang called Gu Qing. He criticized her once the phone was answered, “What is wrong with you? Look at the clock! Do you know what time is it now? Do you need us to call you twice to have dinner together? If you don’t want to come, just tell us. We won’t wait for you!”

Gu Qinyang’s attitude was terrible. In the past time, Gu Qing would tolerate it, but now she was in a rage. She remembered what she had been through for her last half lifetime, and she couldn’t stand it any longer. She raised her voice and shouted, “Couldn’t you be kind to us? Couldn’t you find out the reason first? Couldn’t you stop blaming us for everything? We’ve been early for the meal every time, while Gu Qingxiang is always late. You never said anything about that! I know we’re poor, and you dislike us. I understand, but this time is different. It was mom who wouldn’t allow Ningning to come. She even argued badly with us outside. We absolutely stand by Ningning’s side. If Ningning can’t come, we won’t either!”

After that, Gu Qing hung up directly.

Gu Qinyang was struck dumb. He never expected that Gu Qing would be so mad, and he suddenly didn’t know how to react. Because Gu Qing’s voice was loud, Wen Yulan who was sitting aside also heard clearly. The old lady wouldn’t allow Gu Ning to come? They even had had a fierce argument? What had happened?

They knew that the old lady never liked Gu Ning, and she always humiliated Gu Ning every time they met, but she had never been so irritated before. Had Gu Ning done something that aggravated the old lady?

As they felt confused, the door was pushed open, and Gu Qinxiang’s family walked inside, and everyone seemed displeased.

Chapter 105: The V5 Bar

Translator: Henyee Translations  
Editor: Henyee Translations

Especially the old lady, she was still muttering with obvious dissatisfaction. She walked in and said directly, “Tell the waiter we’re ready to order. Gu Man and Gu Qing’s families won’t come.”

It sounded like Gu Man and the family of Gu Qing should be blamed.

“What happened?” Gu Qinyang asked.

The old lady immediately told him everything, along with what had happened between Gu Ning and Gu Xiaoxiao. She obviously didn’t tell all the truth, but attacked Gu Ning all the time.

“What? Gu Ning slapped Xiaoxiao?”

Gu Qinyang’s family were all surprised by Gu Ning’s change. It was so hard for them to believe it. Gu Ning was always behaved like a chicken and never dared to raise her voice in their eyes. How was it possible that she hit Xiaoxiao? Although they also believed that it was Gu Xiaoxiao and the old lady’s fault to call Gu Ning the bastard, they thought it was Gu Ning who had done the worst things.

After that, the old lady told them that she planned to get Gu Ning to help Gu Qinxiang with the project. Her shameless confidence astonished Gu Qinyang and his wife. Even they felt embarrassed for the old lady’s behavior. The old lady was totally insane!

Although Gu Qinyang and his wife despised Gu Man and Gu Ning too, they weren’t willing to turn to them for help after having a terrible quarrel with them, but it had nothing to do with them. They didn’t want to be involved either, so they focused on ordering afterward.

At the same time, Gu Ning and her friends were also ordering dishes.

“Gu Ning, tomorrow is the weekend. Let’s go shopping together!” An Qian said.

“I’m leaving for City G tomorrow, sorry,” Gu Ning answered.

On the way here, Gu Ning had already told Gu Man that she was going to City G, and that she would be attending a classmate’s birthday party later. Gu Ning was now completely able to make decisions on her own. Gu Man and others had no reason to disagree.

“What are you going to do in City G?” An Qian followed up.

“To deal with something.” Gu Ning didn’t tell the details, so An Qian also stopped asking.

“Fine! Then, we can hang out the next time. However, when you’re free, you must call me or text me sometimes. I don’t have many friends in City F. I feel so bored,” An Qian complained.

“Sure,” Gu Ning said. It was her fault for forgetting to keep in touch with An Qian.

During the meal, everyone was happy and the atmosphere was harmonious. An Qian didn’t mention what had just happened at all. She knew that it was Gu Ning’s personal affairs.

After the meal, it was already 8 pm.

Gu Man and the other walked back home after saying good-bye to An Qian and Le Zhengyu, while Gu Ning took a taxi heading to the V5 bar on Huanle Road to meet her friends there.

Huanle Road wasn’t far away from Youyi Road. Both of the roads were near the downtown. It took Gu Ning only a dozen minutes to get there by car. Youyi Road wasn’t broad, but even though it was a small road, it was known as the bar road with many people and cars around.

Gu Ning knew the number of the private room, so she went straight inside. In the private room, everyone was present with a cake, but there was one man out of Gu Ning’s expectation. It was Qin Yifan.

Gu Ning was so surprised that Qin Yifan as a mature adult was willing to hang out with those teenagers, but she was also happy to see him.

“Hi, what a surprise!” Gu Ning greeted him.

“Hi! Well, I’m free anyway, so I decided to come as well. Do you mind?” Qin Yifan said airily, but he was truly nervous that Gu Ning would mind.

“Of course not,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Qin Yifan was greatly relieved. He had actually known that Gu Ning would come to the bar, but it was also a coincidence. Qin Yifan and Qin Zixun were close cousins. Qin Zixun’s father worked in politics, and Qin Yifan was in need of Qin Zixun’s father’s help, so he had visited Qin Zixun’s family.

During the meal, Qin Zixun hadn’t gotten home yet. Qin Yifan had then asked his father why. He then found out that Qin Zixun had eaten with his schoolmates and was going to have fun at the bar that night.

Qin Yifan had then thought of Gu Ning. He had called Qin Zixun, and asked where he was casually. Qin Zixun hadn’t been thinking further, and told him everything. When it had been confirmed that Gu Ning would be there, Qin Yifan’s heart had lost a beat. He had immediately said that he was bored and felt like coming as well. Qin Zixun hadn’t rejected. Qin Yifan wasn’t a stranger after all, and they often gathered together with Hao Ran and other boys.

Both Gu Ning and Yu Mixi ordered fruit wine without much alcohol, which wasn’t as strong as beer. Therefore they wouldn’t get drunk, but Chu Peihan had the same vodka mixed with Sprite as the boys. The alcohol was strong!

They were playing games. Chu Peihan had lost many times, but she remained clear.

It seemed that Chu Peihan was good at drinking.

Although Qin Yifan was having the same drinks as the boys, he didn’t play with them. Because of their age gap, they didn’t get along very well. Besides, he wanted to talk with Gu Ning more, but Gu Ning was enjoying chatting with Yu Mixi, so Qin Yifan wasn’t able to keep Gu Ning talking with him. He could only talk to her once in a while.

In Fenghua Luxury Mansion, only Gu Man and Gu Qing were in Gu Qing’s home, while Jiang Xinyue and Jiang Xu were in their home busy doing their own stuff.

Gu Man and Gu Qing were watching TV. They laughed at the funny plot, and already forgot what had happened this afternoon. They didn’t care about the Gu Family any longer, so they hadn’t been affected, but at that time, Gu Qinxiang called Gu Man. Gu Man and Gu Qing changed their faces at once.

Why did he call?

Although they didn’t know the reason, they knew it must be something bad. Besides, Gu Man had broken off their connection today. Thus she didn’t answer the call. Her phone rang continuously. Gu Man eventually turned if off directly.

In Gu Qinxiang’s place, the family all sat in the living room with an unpleasant face, because Gu Man didn’t answer the phone.

Gu Qinxiang was annoyed that Gu Man refused to answer his calls, but Gu Man had turned it off at the end. Gu Qinxiang was so mad that he threw the phone heavily onto the sofa.

“She won’t answer the phone?” the old lady frowned tightly, and said with annoyance.

“She turned the phone off!” Gu Qinxiang raised his voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 6K 21
"Lucas, you must return home." These enigmatic words are all the preparation young Lucas Bywood receives when he is summoned home early from his Gra...
1M 24.1K 34
You're one of the first few people to be in the Maze, helping build up what the Glade becomes while searching for a way out. You were the one to gree...
12.5K 2.6K 14
When Jennisa delivers a spaceship database to a suspicious group, she covertly takes a copy of the group's files when she helps them connect it. She...
312K 9.5K 200
Disclaimer: Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. They are uploaded here, not for any bad purpose but for entertainment only. Disclaimer...