dislike ↠ draco malfoy

By aqua_tic15

"I strongly dislike you, Draco Malfoy." Evangeline Hastings is transferring from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts for... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
epilogue

forty-one

22.7K 484 230
By aqua_tic15

Draco

The entire rest of the train ride, my heart seemed to be beating out of my chest. I was gripping the edge of my seat so tightly that my fingers had turned blue. I couldn't stop thinking about her, about Evangeline. Where had they taken her, and was she okay?

I should have done something.

I had just stood there and let them take her. God, I could be so stupid sometimes. But then again, if I had stood up to them, they would have gone running to my father, and god only knows what he would have done.

I need to find her.

"She'll probably be fine, mate," Blaise muttered to me.

I shook my head. "You don't know that..."

When the train ride was finally over, I immediately grabbed my trunk and hurried off of the train. I stepped out onto the platform. My parents wouldn't be coming, which was fine, I could just Apparate home.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ginny Weasley talking quietly with her parents. She looked incredibly distraught.

"I don't understand..." she said. "Why did they take them? Luna and Evangeline haven't done anything!"

"It'll be all right, dear," her mother replied. "Let's just go home now..."

Ginny's brown eyes caught my grey ones, and I immediately ripped them away. Before I could walk away, she called, "Malfoy!"

I spun around. "What?"

"I thought you—" she swallowed. "I thought you and Evangeline were friends. And you just—you just let them take her."

I stared at her. "You think I wanted them to take her?" I snapped. "No— I wanted to reach out and protect her, but I didn't really have a choice, did I?"

Ginny shook her head, her eyes watering. "There's always a choice."

I turned away from her. Guilt ran through me. Did I have a choice? I gripped the handle of my trunk tightly in my hand and walked away. I ran through the platform wall and out into King's Cross Station.

I sank back into a corner, watching a bustle of people walking around the platform. I closed my eyes and Disapparated. There was a popping noice and I appeared onto the driveway of the Malfoy Manor.

I didn't know where Evangeline was, but as soon as I had put my trunk away, I would go out and look for her.

"I'm home!" I called at the large iron-wrought gate in front of the manor.

The gate creaked open and my heart gave a leap when I saw that my mother was standing behind it. She looked a lot worse than she did when I had last seen her, but she still looked like my mother, my beautiful and kind mother.

She smiled and opened her arms. I rushed forward to embrace her.

"Draco," she said softly, reaching up to stroke my hair. "You're home."

"I missed you so much, mum," I muttered.

She released me and looked me up and down. "Oh, I think you got taller. You're getting so big!"

"I'm an adult, mum," I grunted.

"I know, but you're still my little boy," she said. Her eyes were glistening. "Come inside, dear."

"Mum," I said as we walked inside together. "On the train, some Death Eaters took Evangeline and Luna."

She pursed her lips. "I know."

I raised my eyebrows as we entered the drawing room. "You know? Mum--why did they kidnap them? Where are they?"

She had a grim expression on her face. "I need to talk to you, Draco," she said, sounding very serious. "I—"

Before she could finish, my father emerged into the drawing room. "Oh, good, you're home," he muttered.

"Father," I said, nodding toward him. I turned back toward my mother. "Mum, where are they? Where are Evangeline and Luna?"

"That's what I needed to talk to you about, dear," she said. She looked toward my father, as though asking silently for his approval.

"Mum, tell me what's going on," I said firmly.

She sucked in a breath. "They're here," she said, looking up at me. "They're here in the dungeons."

I stared at her, my heart thumping in my chest. "They're here?"

"Yes," she said in a small voice.

I continued to stare at her, my eyes widening. "Why?" I demanded. "Why the hell did they kidnap them?"

"Well," my mother said, backing away as she had obviously sensed my anger, "Apparently, your father and some other Death Eaters have made deals with their fathers. Their daughters to stop publishing information, and for confidential information on the Order of the Phoenix."

I scoffed. "So you're just going to keep them here? Locked up?"

My father cleared his throat. "I don't understand why you're so emotional about this, Draco," he said. "Why do you care so much about this girls?"

"Because they're innocent!" I exclaimed. "Because they haven't done anything wrong!"

"Do you know these girls, Draco?" my mother asked softly. "Isn't that Evangeline girl in Slytherin?"

"I—" I thought about what I should say for a moment. "Yes, I know Evangeline. We're friends." We weren't just friends, we were way more than that, but I wasn't about to tell my parents that. "And Luna-- yes, she's strange, but she's nice."

My mother looked at me strangely. For some reason, I had a feeling that she knew how I felt about Evangeline. Mothers were like that, they just knew.

"You can't keep them here," I said in a pleading tone. "Please."

"I'm afraid that they will have to stay here," my father said.

"How long?" I said, my voice hoarse.

My father shrugged. "Well, until their fathers decide that they cannot take not seeing their daughters anymore."

"You're sick," I spat.

He scowled. "What is going on with you, Draco? Have you gained sympathy for these people who aren't on the Dark Lord's side?"

"No," I replied, my voice dropping and octave. "Of course not."

"Good," he drawled. "Now go up to your room and put your things away."

"I want to see her," I said. "Please."

"See who?" my father asked.

"Evangeline!" I exclaimed. I immediately bit my tongue after I said it. My father could not know that I cared for this girl. "I mean-- I just want to check on them, all right? Please."

"No," he said firmly. "You cannot see them. Now go up to your room."

"Father—"

"Now!" he snapped.

I glared at him and scooped up my trunk. I stamped up the stairs and went into my bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 627 50
Crescent Whitewing comes from a well-respected Sacred 28 Gryffindor family, and upon attending Hogwarts, she earns the title of Gryffindor Princess f...
8.9K 129 26
It's your 6th year and you have been friends with Malfoy since the first year but this year something is off and you don't feel right around him. You...
20.1K 309 24
One night was all it took for Hermione's life to change. A pregnant Hermione becomes devastated after finding Ron cheating and runs to someone Unexpe...
49.8K 909 43
I'll pick up these broken pieces until I'm bleeding, if that will make you mine - Draco Malfoy ⚠️ WARNING THIS BOOK CONTAINS SCENES OF -ATTEMPTED...