The Selection A Daminette Sto...

By IdkehyIamhereee

"love-love is a gun that someone has at your heart with one bullet loaded in, and you're trusting them not to... More

INFOOOO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
I-I've been tagged...
Chapter 5
Im back :D
so life happened...
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

1.6K 54 55
By IdkehyIamhereee

 Hello, my little Melody's ( Thxs@bookyboopandaqueem for the recommendation of the name! <3)  I would like to dedicate this chapter to a wonderful writer @icebluedolphin2365 go and check out her work! It is wonderful, go and support this Author with talent! She is a sweetheart and deserves some Luv! She is right now doing a one-shot and a collab book of Daminette! Go show her some love guys! She is very talented and hard-working!! <3

Marinette's Pov: 

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Prince Damian said out loud. "Cast 6,"

Shocked. That's what I felt like at that exact moment the prince called my name. How?! Out of all the DAMN names out there, how did I get unlucky to have my name chosen? I would have loved if Izzy had been called because she actually WANTS to go...But I don't. I then proceed to unfreeze myself from the shock and look at how my parents and sister are reacting towards the news.

"YESSS BUGGIINEETTE GOING TO BE A PRINCESS!!!!!" Exclaimed an overjoyed Bridgette as she danced around the room. My parents are shocked and overjoyed as well as the news of me being selected.

After them congratulating me and the excitement cool down we, tried and see who else will be participating since we missed some of the names since of the commotion.

"Chloe Bourgeois Cast Two"(SHE NICE IN THIS AU BECAUSE SHE IS A QUEEN AND I STAND HER!)

"Rose(IDK HER LAST NAMEEEEEE) (I found it) Lavillente Cast Four,"

--AFTER the rest of the girls get called because IDK who else to put--

The rest of the day goes by with every one of our regular customers coming in and congratulating Marinette for her being selected for Gotham and, it would be an honor for them to have her as their future queen. I was shocked and frightened that all these people in Gotham are rooting for me and are putting their faith in me to become the next queen. Weeks have passed and, everyone is still celebrating about having someone from Gotham be in the selection since Selina Kyle. Surprisingly even Monsieur Agreste even has decided to throw a little celebration on my behalf as "Good luck from the Agreste Family." Everyone was at the gathering. It was hard to avoid Adrien since it was his house plus, his family was hosting the party/gathering. 

I was currently wearing a dark red colored off the shoulder dress that hugs my features perfectly that I made a month ago but never had an occasion to wear it and show it off and some black heels that Mrs. Agreste has kindly given me since I would need to be used to them and wear them every day at the palace. My parents were off somewhere with people chatting about the selection or of their famous pastries. My sister was currently with me as we walk around the garden of the mansion. As we were walking Bridgette, and I ran into Izzy who has been walking with Kagami chatting about something. When I was going to turn Bridgette and myself around Izzy, spotted us and dragged Kagami towards us. I smile politely towards them as my sister starts to giggle and goes running towards Izzy hugging Izzy's legs. Izzy giggles as she says her hello to Bridgette.

"Congrats Mari!!! I can't believe you've been chosen! I'm so happy for you. I hope the best when you leave and head towards the capital! Izzy told me enthusiastically as she hugs me. "By the way, I'm loving the outfit it just hugs ur curves and other features quite nicely. I'm sure if the prince sees you right now, he will definitely fall in love at first glance!" She complimented me as she lets go of the hug.

 "Congratulations Dupain-Cheng, It is in my greatest wish that you succeed and find love and be queen for this country. I might as well say you do have the looks of a princess now we will have to know if you can act like one and get Princes Damian's interest." Kagami states. I think she meant it as a compliment so, I will take it as one even though it was like a backhanded compliment. 

" Thank you, Tsurugi. I will try my best to find love at the palace." I told her back. A genuine-ish smile appearing on my face. 

As we kept on talking about my designs, Adrien comes behind Kagami and kisses her in front of me like if I wasn't even there. Awkward that's what I felt right at the moment seeing your ex kissing his new girlfriend in front of you like it is nothing. After his little show, he decides to turn around and finds me in front of him with a shocked expression. I show him a polite smile.

"Good afternoon Monseir Adrien. Thank you for this good luck gathering for when I must go to the palace," I told him with a monotone but a smile on my face so the couple wouldn't notice my distaste of their PDA that they have done in front of me.

"I actually came to congratulate you for being selected Marinette,! Now, if you excuse Kagami and me. I need to borrow her for a moment." He says as he wraps an arm around Kagami's waist and pulls her closer to him. I smile politely " Course you can! have a wonderful rest of your night! I will be on my way now goodbye." 

I say as I leave to find someone worth talking to. As I walk around the party with no destination talking to some guest that has come to congratulating me for being selected and wishing me luck for when the times comes to go to the palace and start competing for the prince's love. Throughout the night, the people of Gotham dance and showed happiness for the first time since Queen Selina was announced to have become queen. The night passed little by little everyone, left since we do have a curfew of 12:00 am, everyone needs to be at their house. Until the last person left the gathering/party, my parent's sister and I thanked the Agreste family for giving me a good luck gathering/party. After the thanking and goodbye, we left the Agreste mansion and headed home and have slept since a lot of people of the palace will be going in and out of the house for the selection and preparation of it. 

--Skipp to when Timmy boy gets his coffee comes--

After a week full of officials from the palace coming and going checking security if I was really Marinette Dupain-Cheng If I really new french, mandarin, and English, the next Monday, a man that goes by the name of Timothy Drakes came in on Wednesday two days before I leave for the palace. We both proceed to walk towards the dining area to take a seat.

"Thank you. Now since you are going to be apart of The Selection, there is going to be a few rules that I will go with you at the time. I am Timothy Drake but you can call me Tim. You will be seeing me around the palace whenever you need something while at the palace, go ahead and look for me." 

Tim said as he started to get some stuff out of his case. " OK. Then let's get started. Shall we?" He asked mama and, I just nodded our heads in agreement. " OK. Here, let's start with simple stuff that will go fast first, these right here are vitamins. Since you are a six, I have suspicions that you might not have enough nutrition in your body so, you must take one of these every day." He says as he hands me a bottle of pills.

 " Heres a form for you to signs for the palace could know that you have received it." He then hands me a form that I sign and gives back. "Excellent! Now I have your physical from your doctor. Everything seems to be perfect with your body and, you have excellent health except that your doctor has said you haven't seemed to be having enough sleep. Miss. Dupain-Cheng, have you been sleeping well the past weeks?" Tim asked me. 

I couldn't tell him that well I stay up all night designing and making clothes instead of sleeping, so I did a small white lie. "Well, I haven't been sleeping enough since of the excitement I have to be apart of the Selection!" I told him and, he just nodded. "Well, I'm really not a big fan of sleeping pills but since of the lack of sleep and we need you well-rested, would you like some sleeping pills?" He asked me and, necessarily I don't but might as well get some. "Yes, please," I responded and, he nodded going, through his case and then slides the sleeping pills towards my way. 

He then sighs " I really do hate this part but is necessary to ask and I am apologizing right now for the discomfort I am going to give you with the question. This is a very personal question and I have sadly discussed it with every contestant." He pauses and sighs once more and it makes me wonder what personal question would it be to make me uncomfortable?

" I-I need confirmation that you are in fact a-" There was a small pause "virgin" he finishes. Mama and I looked shocked at the question. "Of course I am a virgin Sir I know the rules!" I said because it was true I have never done it before! Ewwww and with mama in the room."Of course, my daughter is a virgin she HASN'T even had a boyfriend!" Mama exclaimed, "That is true Sir I haven't even had a boyfriend." I say again living but he and mama don't need to know. He then nodded "I am very sorry about needing to ask the question. Can you please sign here for the confirmation of your statement?"

I sigh and sign the paper confirming that I am in fact a virgin. I love Illea is a beautiful country but all the rules of who I can love or who I can't is exhausting and I feel like a prisoner with the rules as if I had a chain on my neck that keeps me in place to not break any of the rules.

"Perfect now I am going to explain the rules. They are very straight forward and shouldn't be hard to comprehend if you have any question at any time please ask." He says as he started getting a paper that I bet has all the rules of the "competition". I nodded my head and he started to state the rules.

" You cannot leave the palace whenever you want to. The prince and only him have the authority of dismissing you. The kind and queen cannot dismiss you but can tell the prince that they don't like you and it will be up to the prince to dismiss you or for you to stay."
 There is no timeline for the selection so it could take weeks months and up to years. But it wouldn't be a problem since the prince won't likely have it going for years since it would look bad. But you will be required to stay for as long as the prince wants to stay because it is his choice in the end. You don't arrange your time with the prince he will seek you out if he wants to spend time with you."
 While you will not get along with all the contestants you are not allowed to fight with them nor sabotage if you are ever caught physically touching, sabotaging, etc. You will be removed immediately from the Selection. Your only romantic relationship will be with the prince and the prince only. If caught sending love letters or in a relationship with someone from the palace, it would be considered treason and is punishable by death. If ever found breaking any law of Illea you will receive offense."
 You must not wear and eat anything that wasn't provided by the palace. On Fridays, you will be present for the Capital Report broadcast, there will be cameras and photographers in the palace but with a warning of course. For each week of you being in the selection, your family will get compensated. Your family will receive your first check before I leave. You will have three maids that will be at your aide at every moment."
 They will help with your final preparations before leaving the palace, as well as helping you seek new housing and employment. If you make it to the top ten you are counted as an Elite. Once reached the status of an Elite you will need about the particular working of life and obligation you will have as a princess."
And last but not least from now on you are considered a three." Tim finished

"A three?!?!" Mama and I screamed at the same time shocked. Tim chuckled "Yes after the Selection it becomes hard for the lady to go back to their old lives before the selection. Twos and three do well but four and under tend to have a harder time adjusting. You are a three now but the rest of your family will stay sixes, should you win and marry the prince you and your family become a one being apart of the royal family." he told us "A one" mama whispered,"'And if you should be the princess and marry Prince Damian and become crowned princess of Illea and take all responsibilities and rights to the title do you understand?" Tim asked me with an eyebrow raised and surprisingly with ease, I said "Yes". 

"Ok perfect now these words are going to be the worst things I'm going to say and I'm going to tell you guys to please and try not to come at me for saying what I'm going to say." Tim sighed and said "From now on you are property of Illea," he said and was closing his eyes to see if we would slap him or of some sort but nothing came. He opened an eye to see if the coast was clear and started to relax." Thank you ladies for having me in your home" He said as he started to pack the rest of his things and put them inside the suitcase. "I'll walk you out Monsieur," I told him as I stand up when he did and started to head towards the door he then stops and turns around to me.

"Prince Damian is a hard case he's been through a lot because of his mother and I think you will be good for him...I hope to see you at the palace. Goodbye Miss. Dupain-Cheng," He told me as he left towards the black limo that was waiting in front of the bakery he waved at me and I waved back and then the limo took off. 

-- Friday :) because why not--

Friday morning I woke up and put the selection uniform that may I add was ok quality in my opinion. The clothes were black pants and a white T-shirt I decided to play a little with the shirt and pants for detail but not exaggerated. I put a little flower on the white shirt but they where barely visible therefor I wouldn't get in trouble and I tucked the shirt and had a belt for accessories. I put my hair down and curled. For the shoes, I choose the black heals Mrs. Agreste let me have. I was then to leave with my parents and sister in a black limo to the square or as we Gothamites like to call it "Ivies Garden". When the Limo came we made it to the gardens in about 10 minutes and the gardens where packed Everyone in Gotham was there for my departure. Gotham's mayor was on stage setting up last minute things to make sure that everything was perfect. When they saw me they came up to me and started to fix my hair making it neater. Then they decided to put on some lipgloss, mascara, and highlighter.

"Hello, Marinette! We are about to start in five minutes so come with me on top of the stage for we could start." The mayor told me as he helped me up the stairs towards the stage. As I walk up they started rolling and all I can hear is cheering from every direction of people saying my name. I smile and wave at everyone blowing kisses once in a while. When I make it on stage I shake the mayor's hand and stare forward trying to look for a face that might be in the crowds. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in sending off Marinette Dupain-Cheng, our favorite Daughter of Illéa!" the mayor called. As we then hear more cheering from the crowds but I look for the face of the one I love and I spot him with Kagami hugging her waist while talking to her about something. I smile faltered for a second but then I smile again reminding myself I'm live at the moment. Then there were people throwing rose at the stage and I catch one smiling as I blow more kisses. 

The mayor then comes to my hear and whispers "would you like to say something?" I smile and nodded as he gets my hand and takes me to the mike. "Hello Gothamites!!! I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng some you know me for my parent's pastries or as the designer that works with Monsieur Agreste. I would like to thank you all for being here for supporting me! I entered trying to find hope that I will be selected and it happened. I never have experienced love before and I have heard wonderful things about it. I decided if I am selected I will go head first and try to become friends with the prince and maybe even fall in love with him. I want to make something clear from the start and that is I am here for Prince Damian and NOT for his Crown!!" Then there is the huge cheering coming from everywhere and I smile giggling a little bit. "Thank you to everyone that has convinced me to enter I will not let you down and I will not let you down so easily! Thank you! and I step away from the mike and wave one more time towards the crowd as I head towards the step. 

"Its time to say goodbye dear" The mayor whispered to me and I nodded going towards my family. Bridgette was the first one to come run up to me and I hug her crying. Bridgette and I were hugging on the grass with flowers around us.

"I promise you Bridgette that I will not let you down ok? I won't let you down my little Kitty." I told her as I wipe the tears off her face and I thank the gods that they put waterproof mascara or else I will have black streaks. " I'm going to miss you Bugginette." I giggle "I'm going to miss you too" She then lets me go and I run towards mama.

"Mama" I whispered as she came and hugged me and I hugged her back. She then lets go and took her hand and held my face. She kissed my cheek and said. "You are going to do wonders over there My little flower. You go there and find love and if you can't love the prince then tell him and come back home to us." I smile at her and she lets me go and I go running to papa. 

" My little nettie going to find love at the palace trying to find her prince charming," He said holding me crying " I love you Nettie, and go nock the princes socks off with your beauty and intelligence," he told me as I let go of him and everyone came into a hug once more until someone came saying that it was time to go. As I nodded and told them I loved them I started going towards the black car until I heard my name as I turn around I see Adrien pushing the crowd screaming Princess trying to get my attention. He made it towards the front but I just shake my head and head towards the car not looking back.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
 YAY I finally updated!!!!! this was 3480 words long! I'm sorry for not updating but here you go! I miss you guys! I hope you guys like this! Thank you for reading and wear a mask when going out for your safety and the safety of others!

Luv,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.8K 18
❝If I was going to give up out of sheer rejection, what was the point in loving you in the first place?❞ *** Marinette Dup...
208K 3.7K 43
So... I may be a little late but I wanted to try and test my writing skills out... DAMINETTE ♡ Disclaimer: I do not own any characters from MLB or DC...
39.6K 1.6K 98
¡Completed¡ #1 chatnoirxmarinette #1 MARINETTEXADRIEN: Sweet loving kind, Marinette, she was all of the above, she never expected to get kidnapped by...
59.7K 1.3K 33
A full month of Daminette each day will be brought to you by a wonderful one shot for you to enjoy each day of December. If you are unaware of this...