Love's Second Chance

By cdwritings

Kendra has the perfect dad, perfect boyfriend, perfect friends, perfect life. But destiny will play her a dir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapet 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 20

118 4 0
By cdwritings

I wake up when the sun shines bright on our window. I look over to Avianna's bed where she is still sleeping. I jump in for a quick shower and once I'm out I change into my Monday uniform. It is a navy blue skirt with a white button up shirt and a sweater of the same color as the skirt with the Academy's logo on the left side. It first me perfectly.

As I'm putting the white long socks on, Avianna wakes up.

"Morning girl" she says rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning" I smile at her.

"Oh shiiiit" she says when she looks at the time jumping out of her bed and I laugh.

Minutes later we are both ready to go. I struggle to put my tie but Avianna helps me. We have class together for first period so we walk together. I am extremely nervous for my first day, if it weren't because we have class together I would be a mess right now. As we enter the classroom she takes me to a desk next to her.

"I sit here and this one is usually empty but now it'll be yours."

I take the seat and wait nervously for class to start. I feel my hand sweaty as Avianna makes conversation with the person to her right. I think back to school at home, I wonder how much different class will be here. The professor starts class bringing me back from my thoughts.

"We have a new student here. Miss Bennett please, introduce yourself." He says.

I feel my checks light up when I hear my name. I turn to face Avianna who is starring at me with a big smile on her face. I turn back to the professor as I slowly stand up.

"Hi, my name is Kendra Bennett, I am 18 years old and I'm from London England." I nervously say and take a seat.

As soon as I finish speaking, murmuring fills up the room. The professor thanks me and continues with class.

Once class is over, Avianna and I walk out together. We talk about class and about how we already have homework. I follow Avianna as we walk towards the cafeteria for a quick snack when someone pulls her back from her backpack.

"What the he.. Nyla!" She says excited.

Another short dark brown skinned girl with black hair and some beautiful tight curls hugs her as she smiles wildly.

"Hiiiii" she says.

"Oh my god I'm so glad you're here. Look this is Kendra," she says turning to me. "This is Nyla, our other roommate."

"Hi nice to meet you." She says opening her arms for me to hug her. There's just something in her very dark brown eyes that make me smile and feel comfortable to hug her.

"We didn't see you this morning in the room?" Avianna says, more like asks.

"No girl, I barely made it on time to first period." She says as we starts walking again. The continue having a conversation about things I don't understand and people I don't know but I pretend to seem interested since they try to engage me in the conversation. Minutes later the ring bells and its time to go to class. This time I have to go alone and it makes me feel more nervous.

After 2 classes back to back it's time for lunch. I receive a text from Avianna letting me know her and Nyla will be waiting for me in the cafeteria. I make my way to the cafeteria still being in disbelief about this place, it's beautiful, truly beautiful. It has paintings on the walls with powerful women known worldwide, but there are some paintings that reflect women that have contributed to the history of Canada. Women who have accomplished much for the women of this nation and are the reason for the way we live now. I don't know much about their history but Avianna was the one that told me.

Once I step into the cafeteria I scan the room looking for the familiar faces of my roommates. My heart stopes when I see the familiar face of an unpleasant person. Tall boy is in the other corner of the cafeteria by the vending machines. Is he following me? How would he know I go here? I can't stop myself from walking up to him, once I realize what I'm doing I'm already behind him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Excuse me?" He says turning around. When he sees it's me he rolls his eyes so hard I'm sure he saw his brain.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me?"

"What? No I didn't know you come here. Plus why would I do that?" Shawn asks.

He's right, why would I think that? Why would I even say that? Dear lord.

"Well," I say crossing my arms embarrassed. "Because here you are and this is an only girls academy." I say and he laughs

"Not like you must know but I work here. I'm not here following you, how do I know you're not following me?"

I chuckle. "I go here don't you see the uniform?" I say and he looks me up and down smiling.

"Yeah," he says. "Looks nice on you."

I instantly feel myself blush. Why must I put myself in this situations.

"I must go." I say turning around and walking away as fast as possible. I shut my eyes at the memory of what just happened.

"Kendra!" I hear a voice call me. I turn to see Avianna waving at me. I quickly walk towards her turning back to find out Shawn was gone.

"What took you so long?" Nyla asks.

"I um I was-"

"Talking to Shawn." Avianna cuts me off.

"You know him?" I turn to see her.

"Of course we all do. He's the school's janitor. His grandfather used to be it before but when he got sick Shawn took his place temporarily and then his grandpa passed and he took it permanently. Nobody is complaining though, he is such an eye candy like good truly took his time making him."

My heart aches at the thought of him losing his grandfather. I don't know him but losing a loved one must have been tough on him.

"He is not. He is arrogant and annoying, and i feel like pinching him every time I see him." I say back.

"How do you know that?" Nyla asks.

"I had the unpleasant pleasure of meeting him at target yesterday. He kept calling me miss England and giving me attitude, i can't stand him ugh."

"Yeah well he might be all that or whatever, but you can't say he isn't hot because he definitely is." Avianna adds bitting her burrito.

"Well that attitude doesn't help him." I add.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Shawn's POV:
It's finally 4pm and I get to go home after a long day of work. My day stated at 6am. I had to be at the academy at 7 yo start my shift that ended at 3:30pm.

Everyday is the same day in my life. Janitor work Monday through Friday. Target job on weekends. Boxing practice every Monday and Wednesday after work for. I'm always tired but I'm working towards my dream and I will make any sacrifice needed.

I arrive to the apartment where my roommate and best friend Brian is playing video games in our living room.

"What's up bro? Want to play?" He says.

"Nah Im just gonna eat something light and head out to the gym."

"Work and boxing. That's all you do" he says placing the controller down.

"Don't forget music." I add while I look for a salad in our fridge.

"Right music too. Are you not tired of it?"

"Ummm no." I say and he rolls his eyes grabbing the controller again. "Brian you better than anyone know i have dream. I will not stop until i make it." I add sitting down to eat.

"Yeah bro I get it. And I support you one hundred percent, because you will have the hook up to all the girls when you become famous." He teases and I laugh.

That is the last of my worries. All I want is to make music and share it with the world. Touch people's hearts and lives with my lyrics.

"I'm hungry now." He says walking towards the kitchen. "How was work?"

"It was good the usual. But hey guess who goes to S&C?"

"Who?" he yells from the kitchen.

"Miss England. The girl from yesterday at target. The annoying one."

"Oh yeah I remember you told me about her. The one that ran you over right?" He says joining me to eat.

"Yeah that one. She is so full of her self. Dude she asked me if I was at the academy because I was following her. How dumb is that?" I shake my head and laugh.

"Wow I have to meet this girl." He says laughing with me. "Is she pretty?"

I sit here and think for a second. Is she pretty? Well she has a beautiful caramel skin color with a pair of dark brown eyes that catch my eye when I see her. Her long dark brown hair goes perfect with her and she has a beautiful smile.

"Yeah, she's alright." I say.

Brian tales a bit of his sandwich and then raises his eyebrows. "Um almost forgot, you're running on Friday."

"For?"

"$300"

"Brian.."

"I know Shawn but that's all there is for now. Are you in or not?"

"Yeah I'm in. I need it."

"Okay." He says and smiles.

I finish my salad and head towards my room. I grab my gym back and head towards the gym. I have a few things of my mind that I don't want to think about. My stress level is high. I want to forget about everything and everyone.

A/N
I apologize for the ending. It was not the best but I was half asleep when I published it :/ but thank you for 200+ reads! I hope you guys are liking the story. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 9.3K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
932K 35.3K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 42.7K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 48K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC