Through Nation's Eyes (Under...

By Indiscrowshed

Veneziano goes into the library of the World Meeting building in Germany. He finds a mysterious book with eve... More

Prologue
Pineapples
A Jerk Bastard.
Forest
Babies, Lots and Lots of Babies
Why Are You Here?
Yáadilá
An Old Enemy, And Lost Famliy Pt.1
An Old Enemy, And Lost Family Pt.2
Melting Pots
A Germanic Mess
Dine and Discuss
Deep Ties Pt-1
Deep Ties Pt-2
Deep Ties Pt-3
Italia?
Deep Ties Pt-4
Vertical European Trial
Celtic Trial
Diagonal European Trial
Mediterranean Trial
East Asian Trial
Native American Trial
North American Trial
Back to the Program
Old Nightmare
Last Hours
Epilouge
Author's Note

Intermission

1.7K 38 27
By Indiscrowshed

VVVVVVVVVVV
Warning: Long
VVVVVVVVVVV

Veneziano looked over to the now shimmering mirror to see his 2p.

"Luciano?"

"Feliciano?!" Luciano exclaims.

"Sì."

"Alright then. Also, I should probably point out that Flavio already mentioned you're in the same situation as us."

"Wait, Flavio knows?!" Feliciano exclaims.

"Sì, he appeared to your group through a mirror in the dining room. Lovino talked to him and told him about the fact you all are going through the same thing as us." Luciano explains.

"Hm, by the way, does your group know about the-" Feliciano starts.
Luciano flinches.

"No, it hasn't come up, why?"

"The letter I wrote to myself in a past loop showed up in the journal thing."

"C-Che cosa?!"

"They don't know about the Mansion, they just have that letter to go off of."

"I see, well, it's getting late, we should probably go to bed, especially before someone walks in on one of us."

"Right. Ti voglio bene, Luci~" Feliciano smirked.

"D-Don't fucking call me that damnit!" exclaimed a now flustered Luciano. "Ti voglio bene." he said before fading away.

Feliciano just chuckled.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

It was the next morning. All of the countries had gotten up and had a delicious breakfast, courtesy of China.

Everyone headed back to, the now dubbed, "Journal Room" to go and read the next entries.

They all just hoped it wasn't anything too dark this time.

They found that the Ancients had left a note on the journal.

"Nations, considering that the last entries carried a lot of weight within them, we had decided that all of  the entries for today would be much lighter.
Some might be a bit darker, but most will be just little average snippets."

The nations sigh in relief.

"I will read." Ireland states.

"This is about the East Asian family."

Every Mothers and Fathers Day, Yao wakes up to his house full of flowers sent by his siblings as a thank you for everything he's done for them.

The room was suddenly engulfed by a flash of light that faded as soon as it appeared.

They were suddenly in a black room as a memory started to play.

It was morning and the sunlight was leaking through the window in China's room. China was already waking up, clearly in a good mood already.

It was Mother's Day, not that he remembered. He went to the kitchen to get something to eat. He was then interrupted by a squeak that sounded like it was coming from the front.

There were a few more squeaks as if something was calling China over.

"Ai-ya, I'm coming, I'm coming." China responded.

He ran to the front door and saw a small panda that squeaked again. It was sitting next to a bunch of flowers.

China picked up the baby panda and a note that was sitting next to the several bouquets of flowers.

"Dear Yao. We hope you didn't forget what today is. We sent you flowers again as a way to thank you for doing everything you could for us. If not as China, then as Yao.

We wanted to stay for a bit but we're a bit too busy with our countries right now. But we did have enough time to personally deliver these flowers.

Happy Mother's Day Yao/ Mama.
-Leon, Mei, Cheng, Kiku, Yong-Soo, and Hyun-Jae.

China rolled his eyes but still smiled, blushed, and laughed at their antics. He was clearly touched that they took the time to deliver the flowers themselves.

His happy expression then turned into realization.

"They delivered these themselves. Did they come into my house in the middle of the night to leave these here aru?"

The memory faded out and then countries were transported back into the Journal Room.

Most of the nations were laughing.

The Asian nations that sent flowers were just standing around awkwardly.

"I appreciate the sentiment, but you all breaking into my house is still creepy as hell aru."

That only caused the laughing nations to laugh even harder.

Even the Ancients and Confederacy were laughing. Not that the other nations knew.

Ireland spoke up after all the laughter died down.

"This is about the North and South Americans."

The North and South American natives have different cultures. Most of which involve braiding hair. Because of this, countries like America, Canada, and several others are super good at braiding hair. As both France and China have found out.

"Wait, your cultures also see braiding your hair as important?" Mongolia asks.

"Yes, why do you think all of us have some form of three-stranded braids?" Cherokee says, gesturing to the other Native American nations.

"Wow, I didn't realize just how many cultures saw braids as significant." Poland mutters.

"Oui, they can all braid hair very well, especially Canada." France states.

"Who?" someone asks.

Canada's family facepalms.
"You know, Canada, my older brother? He's standing right here!" America exclaims, making very exaggerated gestures towards Canada.

"He is like one of my children, I can't believe you would forget about this adorable young man! Look at at him!" France exclaims while holding (read "shaking") Canada by the shoulders.

"Wemitigoozhi, relax." South Ojibwe says, patting her former ally's shoulder while helping Canada get out of France's grip.

"I can also confirm that they're good at braiding hair aru." China nods.

Ireland decided to move on. "This is about Scotland and England."

When England was little, he gave Scotland a toy rabbit. Despite acting like he hates his little brother, Scotland still sleeps with that rabbit every night, and doesn't let anyone touch it.

Cue the coos and 'awwing' from the other nations again.

"Wait, you kept it?!" England gasped.

"Um, yes. Yes I did." Scotland said, flustered.

England thought that Scotland had hated him so much, he thought he had thrown that stuffinged rabbit out. But he still slept with it every night? For years?!

"Like we said, even if you are a bit of a pain in the ass, you're still out little brother Artie, even though we would always refuse to act like it because of our countries." Scotland explained while ruffling England's hair.

England tried to hold back tears.

"Same goes for you Sealand." England states, smirking at the micro nation.

"This next one is about Latvia."

He likes to make up stories and fairy tales, but he is usually too shy to tell them.

However, if you can get him to, it's usually worth the effort.

"Dude, you make stories?!" America exclaims.

"That is awesome, you should tell us some later!" Prussia shouts.

"R-Really?" Latvia asks.

"Ja!" Prussia and Liechtenstein shout.

"You can tell some of the stories you made at lunch, because we'll do one more before we break to go eat." Germany says.

"O-Ok!"

"This is about England and Spain."

England and Spain like to play Battleship. It reminds them of their pirate days.

The game usually ends with Spain crying, "No! My Armada!"

Everyone burst out laughing.

England just smirked.

Spain was crouching in the corner, looking very sad and dejected.

Which made everyone laugh even harder. Portugal went to pull his brother out of his funk and drag him away.

"Well, let's break for lunch." Sweden says.

Everyone nods and heads off the either cook or wait to eat.

Except Spain, who is being dragged by his brother.

"My Armada."

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
"So, what's going on right now?" Ancient Siberia asks, joining his fellow Ancients.

"They just finished reading a few entries, they just left for lunch." Native North America says, looking over at her cousin.

"Ah."

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"Tch, well, I guess I can read." Romano says.

The countries had just gotten back from lunch and were about to start reading more entries until dinner.

"This is about the Potato Bastards."

Ludwig is actually the more sensitive of the two.

He may have an extremely fiery temper compared to Gilbert's, but he's more likely to lock himself in his room a silently weep if someone emotionally rips him apart. On the worst days, Ludwig will toss his pride out the window, hold onto his brother, and cry into his shoulder.

Gilbert's just so much more emotionally sturdy since he's been through a lot more agony than Ludwig has.

Everyone's eyes widened at the revelation that Ludwig is the more sensitive one. They hadn't expected it from one of the most hotheaded Germanics.

Germany was blushing, very clearly embarrassed that he had been revealed as more sensitive.

"Germany, there's nothing wrong with crying or feeling more sensitive towards certain things. You would hurt yourself more by not crying at all." West Apache states, resting a hand on Germany's shoulder.

Germany nods.
"Thank you A-Apache."

She just nods and heads back over to her siblings and cousins.

"Kesesesesese~ see? I told you that there was nothing wrong with it, your still practically a baby." Prussia says.

"I-I'm not a baby!"

"You're still a baby compared to other nations! You're country is still younger than America aru!" China exclaims.

"I agree with China! Comfort was invented in me da-ze!" South Korea shouted. His siblings just facepalmed.

"Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it Germany! It's completely natural to cry, even if it is a lot! You've seen me!" Veneziano cheers.

"Italy, you cry all the damn time."

"Exactly, I definitely didn't just say that." Veneziano deadpans, his tone filled with sarcasm. Catching Germany off guard.

Romano just high fives him for the sarcasm.

Romano then decides to continue, "This is from Netherlands."

Dear Diary

This May, it will be the 67th year that I have been sending tulips to Canada to thank him for all that he has done for me during WWII. 67 years, and I still don't think he knows how much he means to me.

Canada looked down and blushed at the entry. It felt really nice to know he meant so much to someone that wasn't a family member.

Netherlands felt a bit embarrassed, it was a really private entry.

"You're very welcome, I'm happy I could help you." Canada smiled.

Netherlands awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

Prussia and Belgium laughed at their brother's awkwardness. Denmark and Greenland joined in.

"Alright, this is about, Greece."

He used to sit on the stone steps or floors and listen while the philosophers and sophists had their public debates. He listened until they ran out of energy or his mother came to put him to bed.

Sometimes, she would let him stay, and he would fall asleep on the stones.

That is when his habit of falling asleep on stone steps and benches started.

In that moment, everyone realized why he seemed to be able to fall asleep anywhere.

And Germany realized that Greece was asleep right now.

"Greece, wake up!!"

"What is it Germany? I'm tired and just trying to sleep."

"Greece, everyone else is up so you gotta be up too!" Turkey responds.

"Screw you Turkey."
Greece falls back asleep.

Everyone seems to realize that there's no waking him up right now.

"Alright, this is about the Burger-Bastard."

America used to cry when he woke up at night because he thought that Canada disappeared.

"I can confirm this, it happened a lot." Belize comments.

"Yeah, he woke me up a lot because of it." Canada deadpans.

"Hey!" exclaims a pouting America.

"I'm kidding nishiime, I'd prefer you woke me up if you're upset, rather than just suffering alone." Canada states, hugging America.

Romano just rolled his eyes, slightly amused.
"We'll do one last one and then head to dinner. This is about Sweden."

Sweden loves all forms of non-direct conversation. From texting to instant messaging.

In fact, he can be in the same room with a person and insist on texting with them.

This is because he can say what he really means without his accent, his glare, or his shyness getting in the way.

"Ve~ why are these all so damn cute?!" Veneziano exclaims, making the other countries jump.

He'd been so quiet for a while, they weren't expecting an outburst from him.

Also, did he just say damn?

"Language!" Romano admonished, while also whacking him upside the head.

"Ow! What?! I only said 'damn'!"

"Alright, let's go eat!" Centro shouted, grabbing Romano and carrying him to the kitchen.

The rest of the countries left the room. All the countries except Germany and Veneziano.

"Hey, Italy, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Um, sure Germany. What is it?"

"Since we know that I was the Holy Roman Empire, I wanted to talk to you because, you know." Germany started, blushing.

Veneziano started blushing a bright pink.
"O-Oh, right."

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The Ancients were watching the two of them with interest.

Especially Rome, Germania, and Gaul.

They needed to see how this was gonna go.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"I wanted to talk about about, our past relationship. Since, we were, um,  lovers, back when I was the Holy Roman Empire." Germany says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm not sure Ludwig. I-I need more time to think about." Veneziano stammers.

"O-Oh, right, I didn't think about that, sorry Felici-" Germany started.

"But, I didn't say it was impossible, I need to process this, but a relationship might still be possible." Veneziano smiles.

"So, we could possibly try? And even if it weren't to work out, could we still be close friends?" Germany asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sì."

Germany just slightly smiled as they walked to join the other countries for dinner.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Germania, Rome, and Gaul all high-fived for their kids.

You know, like they actually did anything.

The other Ancients just rolled their eyes at the three.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
~Another time skip~
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Everyone had just gotten back from dinner and they were about to read the last entries for the day before they all went to bed.

"I will read if no one else want to!" Ukraine exclaims, waving her hand in the air.

She heads over to the journal to look at the first entry listed.

"This is about Poland."

Poland can out-drink anyone.

His secret- he acts the same drunk as when he's sober so no one can tell he lost.

"Oh come on, now my secrets out. So not cool." Poland chuckles.

"That explains so much." Russia comments.

"We should continue, we still have quite a few to go." This one is- oh, it's about me." Ukraine says.

Ukraine learned her English from Canada, who never had the heart correct her when she was wrong, so she often pronounces things in totally incorrect ways.

The rest of the English speaking nations don't have the heart to correct her.

"What?!" Ukraine gaped.

Canada, England, America, Australia, New Zealand, India, Belize, Singapore, South Africa, and the rest of the English speaking nations shifted awkwardly.

"Why did none of you correct her?" Romania asked.

"We didn't want to hurt her feelings and make her feel like she's bad at English. She's too friendly!" Belize defended.

Ukraine blushed and pouted a bit. She was, obviously, embarrassed that she had bad English and no one told her.

"I hate to interrupt, but shouldn't we continue?" Austria deadpans.

"Oh, right. This is Sweden's."

Dear diary

Prussia came to my house today. I opened the door and he fainted practically immediately. He woke up a bit later, and then fainted again.

This happened another 12 times. What am I supposed to do?

Cue the laughter from the other countries.

"Really, why did you keep fainting?" Sweden asked, genuinely confused.

"I thought you were scary." Prussia mumbles.

A few countries started losing it.

"But, you've seen me before. When we were kids." Sweden asked, even more confused.

"Um..."

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Scandinavia and Vinland were laughing like crazy.

Even Germania was chuckling softly.

And of course, so were the other Ancients.

"I need to know, what actually happened?" Inca asked, still laughing.

"We don't know." Scandinavia and Germania laughed.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

After everyone had finished up their laughing, Ukraine continued.

"This is Canada's."

"Who?"

His family just rolls his eyes.

I have a doctors degree, but I'm afraid to tell people for fear they will call me Doctor Who...

"Dude, you're frickin' Doctor Who!" America shouts.

"And I'm walking away." Canada says in a singsong voice. While also walking towards the door. Only to be dragged back by Kalaallit.

"But still, you have a doctors degree?" Dominica asks, wide eyed.

"Yeah."

"Who are you?" Kumajiro asks.

"I'm Canada, your owner. And you're Kuma- Ku-Kumaji- Kumajiujutsu."

"You guys are bonded, why can you never remember each other's names?" South Mexico asks.
They just shrug.

"Does anyone else want to read?" Ukraine asks.

"I will." Mongolia says.

Ukraine hands the journal off to him.

"This is about America and Dakota."

Dakota does a lot of beadwork. When America was little, and before colonization, he found Dakota doing beadwork. He thought it was cool and wanted to learn. He convinced Dakota to teach him.

He still knows how to do beadwork to this day.

"He can, Kechewaishke and I have watched him do some beadwork stuff before, about a year ago." South Ojibwe states.

"I would like to add the fact that when it says 'convinced', it means he would come up to me and just go, 'Kimimela, Kimimela, Kimimela, Kimimela! Can you teach me how to do the beadwork stuff?!' around 10 times a week when he was in the same general area as me."

All of their family started laughing. So did the Ancients.

"Eventually, I taught him how to do it. Don't get me wrong, it was adorable, but it got annoying after a while and I partially taught him just to get him to stop.

America just pouted as his family laughed even harder. While several other nations joined in.

"We have another one. This is, about everyone."

All countries have met, or at least seen their 2p at least once.

The countries who have good relationships with their 2ps are: China, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, the Koreas, the Italys, Prussia, France, British Isles and Ireland, the North and South Americans, Oceania, Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, and Madagascar.

China and India are the only ones able to speak mentally with their 2ps outside of special circumstances.

"It's true." Li smirks in his connection with Yao.

"Indeed it is true." China says. The other countries not realizing he was responding to his 2p.

"How are your 2ps?" Germany asks.

"Nice to be around, when he's not being a little shit." Mongolia comments.

"Same answer as Mongolia." China, India, and England respond.

"Well, we have one last one before we go to bed. This is from Japan."

I will forever regret what I did to my family in Word War Two. I will throw away every last bit of my dignity and get down on my knees and beg if it means my siblings could ever forgive me.

If not as a nation, then at least as a brother. I don't want to lose the family that was with me all throughout my childhood.

The nations were surprised. He was willing to beg on his knees if it meant his family could possibly forgive him?

They didn't have to question it for long though.

Japan awkwardly walked over to his siblings and the Southeast Asian nations and got down onto his knees. Right in front of China, the Koreas, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand.

"Yao, Yong-Soo, Hyun-Jae, Mei, Leon, Macario, Kirana, Aloysius, Tai. I am so sorry for what I did! I never wanted to hurt anyone! I've wanted to be able to apologize to you all as a brother for decades, but I was always afraid! I understand if you don't forgive me, but, I just want to be your brother again! Please forgive me!" Japan cried.

The 9 nations were shocked. Japan was on his knees begging for their forgiveness. Begging on his knees!

North Korea approached him first.

"Honda Kiku. You know I forgave you long ago. You made sure that at least I was safe if you couldn't make sure my people were. Besides, you've been apologizing to me around five times a day for the past 10 years. I've forgiven you every time. I know you never wanted to hurt me, or Yong-Soo." Hyun-Jae smiled.

Hong Kong moved next.

"Kiku, even when me and my people were treated horribly. You still snuck me and any of my nearby citizens food when you could. Japan treated us horribly, Kiku didn't. I can't bring myself to despise you as a person. Because I know you never would have wanted that."

"Kiku, we talked about this earlier." Philippines chuckled. "As in, like what, 4 days ago now? I don't hate you as a person. You tried to help me the best you could."

Taiwan and Thailand stepped up.

"You did hurt a ton of my people when we fought against colonial rule. Not to mention you just colonizing my people in the first place. But you are not a bad person Kiku." Taiwan reassured.

"Similar answer as Taiwan. You colonized us at first. Late in the war, we resisted and your country was kind of a dick. But you're not a bad person. Thailand said.

Malaysia and Singapore also stepped up.

"Your nation hurt us so much, we did harbor extremely negative feelings for the time." Malaysia stated.

"But Kiku, like Hong Kong pointed out, you would help us out behind your military's back. You did your best." Singapore smiled.

China and South Korea finally stepped up. And Japan started to feel extremely nervous.

"Japan, you committed atrocities against me and my people that, if it didn't happen, I didn't even think was possible. You caused so much pain, I couldn't help but hate you. But Kiku, you helped me escape some of your military at one point. And hearing what you did for the others. Kiku, you are my dìdì, you are good deep down, I know it." China finally smiled.

Japan started to tear up.

"You hurt my people in ways I couldn't imagine. It was an evil that I couldn't believe you would ever cause. But you still tried to do the right thing behind you military's and government's back. You tried to protect both me and Hyun-Jae. You will always be my Hyung, and my friend, Kiku." Yong-Soo smiled.

Japan finally burst into tears. They were actually accepting him as their brother again. After so long, it would still take time to be fully put back together and remove the negative feelings of him. But he was their brother.

"I just wish my country would acknowledge our war crimes." Japan says sadly.

"Alright, anyways... Hug pile da-ze!" South Korea shouts, tackling Japan into a hug. Making the other countries laugh.

Hyun-Jae, Mei, and Thailand quickly joined in.

They were soon followed by Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and Hong Kong.

While Hong Kong also dragged China into the hug.

"Ai-ya, I'm too old for this aru." China complained, but still smiling.

"No your not!" Philippines laughed.

"Ah, he finally admits he's old." Hyun-Jae chuckles. Much to the surprise of the other countries.

It had been awhile since any of them had seen her become so snarky.

Everyone was happy with the now lightened atmosphere. Especially Jōmon and Gojoseon, since their children were mending their relationship.

"It's been a long day, we should all head to bed. Who knows what tomorrow will bring." India says.

Everyone, just now realizing how tired they all are, nod and split up to get ready for bed.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"Will they be ready for tomorrow?" Ancient Greece asks.

The Ancients looked around at each other, that was their main concern at the moment.

"We shall see." Rome replies.

However, they all knew deep down, they most likely wouldn't be.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Holy fuck it's been awhile since I've gotten another chapter out. Also, this chapter is over 3,000 words, not counting this bit and the warning that this chapter is long as hell.

I've also been working on a thing called Indigenous Hetalia on Instagram.

And I've also been revising older chapters, as in fixing things, changing the picture at the top, adding some stuff, etc.

Another update- I was planning another book to work on that's a crossover that the main countries used are Veneziano, South Korea, and America. I'll get it out soon, if I can actually work on it.

Sorry it took so long to get this out. 1: it's long. 2: I got stumped on the entry part for the last one, it took me a couple days to figure something out.

Anyway, have a good day/night, be safe, other stuff I generally put here.

~Miskwaa~

Translation-
Sì- Italian- Yes
Che cosa- Italian- What
Oui- French- Yes
Wemitigoozhi- Ojibwemowin- France (Direct translation is "Wooden boat people)
Ja- German- Yes
Dìdì- Mandarin- Brother/ Little brother
Hyung- Korean- Referring to an older brother from a younger brother.

Total word count: 4,180

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 1.5K 100
Random story of~ Hetalia craked ships~ Weird Hetalia~ Okay just random in general fan fiction~ This is what happens when I'm bored and....Hetalia is...
4K 60 35
This is mainly a story with different stories inside it. STORYCEPTION. Such as Fan-Fics, ( mainly Hetalia ) and even song dubs, and my OC's. Warning...
115K 2.1K 72
So this is a one shot books for the lovely America of course this is my home country so I feel better about writing about him. I'm also from the Dee...
40.8K 1.8K 15
Romano and Italy get into a nasty fight, ending with Romano declaring war on the younger brother. Italy seeks Germany for help and Romano runs off to...