She Used To Be Mine

By thekid05

Quinn and Santana are lonely, sad. At Mr. Shue's wedding, they find comfort in each other. They both didn't h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

14

1.5K 40 34
By thekid05

Everything after Daytona weekend was basically pure bliss. Together, the girls decided that they would keep their relationship on the down low. The drama that would come with it was not welcomed, and so they both agreed to not post just yet.

Secretly, Quinn wanted to post. Jess had taken a picture of the moment Santana saw Quinn for the first time and it was beautiful. Quinn loved how Santana looked in her cheer uniform and it honestly took her breath away the first time she saw it in person. There was a picture of her surprised look, and then another of her hugging Quinn with her feet up in the air when she grabbed her.

Congrats my National Champion would be her caption accompanied with the pictures.

But Quinn respected what Santana wanted so she agreed to not posting.

Plus, Brittany would lose her shit if she saw it. She had suspected it from the beginning but in Quinn's defense, nothing was happening with Santana that weekend at the wedding. Other than sex, but that was a drunken hook up.

Everything that happened after just happened. The wedding got the ball moving to what was now their new relationship; and honestly nothing made Quinn happier.

"Come on babe, please?" Quinn pleaded one night. "I just wanna post those two pictures and that's it."

"Couple more days and you can I promise." Santana sat up in her bed. "Shouldn't we tell Brittany at least? I feel like, I don't know. Like we're going behind her back or something."

"Baby, we're not. She deserves to be happy, and so do we. So I mean.." Quinn paused. "It just happens to be with each other."

After they became a couple Quinn told Santana about everything. How Brittany came to hotel room that night of the barbeque and how she messaged her when she went to see her in Louisville. No secrets was something they also agreed upon because that's basically the foundation of any long distance relationship.

"Hey. We'll tell her together, when the time is right okay?"

Santana nodded in agreement and laid back down on her bed. "I miss you, you know."

"I miss you too." Quinn replied. Her heart ached not being able to be with Santana physically. But it was only a couple more weeks until summer so they didn't have to wait much longer.

"Did you finish all of your homework already?"

"I did. Thank God it's before 2 am this time. I can finally get some kind of rest." Quinn rubbed her eyes as she got under her covers. "At least it isn't too cold tonight."

"Good. Just put my jacket on if you get cold, that usually warms you up pretty fast."

Quinn smiled. Santana's cheerleading jacket was her favorite piece of clothing at the moment and she wore it nearly every day.

"Let's get some sleep. You got a big test tomorrow, and you need all the rest you can get if you're gonna get the A I know you'll get." Santana got comfortable, pulling her comforter up to her neck. "Goodnight, babe."

"Goodnight."

-------

Waking up in the morning to Santana on FaceTime had become one of Quinn's favorite things. She got up slowly, trying not make to make too much noise. Santana didn't have a morning class today, and everything had been so fast paced since the end of the tournament that she deserved to sleep in. Quietly, she tapped her screen to put herself on mute and took her around to start getting ready.

Today was her final for Calculus and she was nervous. It was her second to the last final of the year and she needed a A to maintain her 4.0 GPA.

Santana had reassured her for the past week that the extra hours of studying that she had been putting in would pay off and that she was guaranteed an A. Quinn believed her but there was still a small voice in the back of her mind that kept doubting her.

Once she was finished doing her hair and changing her clothes she went outside to make herself a cup of coffee with the keurig machine that they had.

She sat at the dining table and drank her coffee as she looked over her notes one last time.

"Babe?" Santana was awake now, looking at Quinn with groggy eyes. "Hey take me off of mute."

Quinn unmuted her. "Hey. What are you doing up? You should be sleeping."

"I had to tell you good luck before you go to class. You got this. Don't worry. I can see it on your face already, you're stressing out."

"It's a huge test. And there's no room for me to get a B to maintain my 4.0."

"Such a perfectionist. You got this. Don't overthink it." Santana yawned.

"Go back to sleep babe. I'll call you when I'm finished okay? I got my good luck charm." She looked down at the Cardinal jacket she was wearing.

"I see it. Go get your A. I'll be here sleeping." Santana laughed. "Bye Q."

"Bye."

The FaceTime call ended and Quinn saw the time. She placed her coffee cup in the sink and headed to class.

The test wasn't as hard as she initially thought, and she had a good feeling that she aced it. She went to the park to have a quick cigarette before calling Santana. It was still pretty early, and Quinn wanted her to get as much sleep as she could.

Quinn went on snapchat to watch a few of her friends stories before taking a selfie to post.

Calculus, CHECK (insert green checkmark emojji)

She checked it over to see if it was postable, and then sent it off to her story.

After placing her cigarette in the ashtray, Quinn fumbled through her backpack to find her earphones and plugged them in. She pressed call and waited for Santana to answer.

-------

Santana wasn't able to fall asleep after getting off of the phone with Quinn that morning so she decided to head over to Caitlyn's apartment. Her friend didn't have any classes that day so she knew that she would be home.

After a few knocks on the door, Caitlyn opened. She looked tired, her hoodie half on like she was trying to put it on as she walked over to the door.

"I should just give you a key already. You're always here."

Santana laughed as she shut the door behind her. "You right. But I like this way better."

The girls talked over a cup of coffee, mostly about the random people that were coming up to them on campus and congratulating them on their win at Nationals.

"Have you guys told Brittany yet?"

"Nah, we're waiting a couple days before we do that." Santana picked up the guitar off of the stand next to the couch. "May I?'

"When have I ever stopped you from playing San."

Santana started playing A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke. The amp was a little loud, so she didn't hear her phone vibrating on the dining room table. Caitlyn grabbed it and saw that Quinn was calling. She slid right, answering the call. But before Quinn could say anything, Caitlyn put her finger up to her lips so that she could turn the camera and show Santana playing the guitar.

I was born by the river in a little tent
Oh and just like the river I've been running ev'r since
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will

The melody was smooth. Quinn knew that her girlfriend was extremely talented at playing the guitar and she loved every moment. Santana had sent a bunch of videos to Quinn before but she had never heard this song.

It's been too hard living, but I'm afraid to die
'Cause I don't know what's up there, beyond the sky
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will

Her voice was beautiful. And it was so easy for Quinn to get lost in it. She had always admired Santana's voice since high school. She easily had one of the best voices in the Glee club and it was a shame that Mr. Shuester failed to realize that. Everyone knew it from the moment she sang The Boy is Mine with Mercedes. The way she said had about enough always made her get goosebumps.

Santana looked up to see Caitlyn holding her phone. "It's Quinn."

She put the guitar down and Caitlyn handed her phone to her. "Hey baby."

"Noooo why'd you stop?" Quinn said as she unlocked the door to her apartment. "I liked that song. You never sent me that one."

"It's something I just learned that's why. Was it good?"

Santana always got sort of shy when it came to her playing the guitar.

"Baby that was really good. I promise." Quinn answered. "How'd you sleep?"

"I mean, I didn't go back to sleep after you got off of the phone. That's why I came over to Cait's." Quinn shook her head, knowing how tired Santana had been since she got home from Daytona. "I promise I'm fine. I'm not tired. How was your final?"

"Good. I breezed through it honestly."

"I told you that you'd be fine, did I not?" Caitlyn was laughing at the sound of Santana's condescending tone.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. And you're always right."

Quinn's phone started beeping, a call on the other line.

Rachel Berry

"Babe, Rachel's calling." Quinn was confused. "Why would she be?"

"Go answer it, and call me back."

"You sure? I can just ignore it." Quinn told her.

"No it's okay. I trust you."

"Alright. I'll call you back. Bye babe."

"Bye."

Quinn clicked answer. "Hello?"

"Quinn?"

"Yeah?" She replied.

"I know it's none of my business, especially with how I treated you at the wedding. But, is something going on with you and Santana?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 141 15
AU-Santana Fabray had a great life. A wife and a baby on the way and the career that she always wanted till one accident changed everything and her p...
14.9K 269 23
A Brittana fanfic set around s2-3. Santana and Brittany have been best friends for years, and that's all anyone sees them as. Until Santana starts to...
72.5K 1.8K 41
Mac just moved from her old high school after being outed. She meets a certain three cheerios in her class, and takes a liking to them. What will hap...
6.4K 173 33
This story follows on from my first story and the lives of our favourite glee couple! Six years into married life, three kids and taking on the world...