𝐝𝐒𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 {𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐨�...

Af bbeautifulchaos

i was different. and no, i don't mean the stereotypical "i'm not like every one else" different, (well that... Mere

Author's Notes
Prologue
The Woods
It's You
Those Eyes
We Meet Again
New Friends?
Friday Night & Bright Lights
Author's Note - IMPORTANT
Dancing, Deals, and Damon
Author's Note
I'm Going Crazy
Bippity, Boppity, Boop
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Just Friends
Surprise, Surprise
Scary Day...
...Even Scarier People
Not So Happy Birthday
Some Things Are Simply BS
Goodbyes and Goodnight Thoughts
Another "Normal" Day in Mystic Falls
Suspicions and Internalized Misogyny
Just a Little Message
Dancing with the Devil
hello kitty and the scooby doo gang
𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐬
2023 update

A Roadtrip to Remember

1.2K 52 14
Af bbeautifulchaos

a/n: Not my best work, but an extra long chapter for you guys: 6.3k words 🤭

Updates may be a bit slower because my mental health hasn't been the best ☹️

I'll try to upload once a week, but if I can't, I'm sorry

Bye, my loves,

Diamond xx

---

I continued looking at the blue-eyed devil in front of me. He raised his eyebrows when I didn't respond. Shaking my head, I cleared my thoughts before standing up and shouldering my backpack.

"Now, why would I do that?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and narrowing my eyes at him.

He looked around, "Because you have no idea where you are, and it's the middle of the night. I'm only looking out for you, Y/N. Believe it or not, but I care about your well being."

I laughed, "Oh, wow! The infamous Damon Salvatore, the no-good vampire, cares about me. How shocking!"

"Okay then. I guess I'll leave you out here all by yourself in the middle of the night..." he said as he leaned over to close the passenger door.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, letting out a sigh, "Fine," I said, walking over and grabbing onto the door handle, "But no funny business."

His lips curled into a smirk as I sat down beside him, putting my bag down on the car floor. I turned to him, narrowing my eyes again, "Well, are you going to drive?"

"Buckle up."

Neither of us said anything while he was driving. I was looking out the window, taking in the passing scenery. Now and then, I felt Damon's eyes on me. Why he was looking at me, I didn't know.

I felt my eyes getting heavy from the lack of sleep. Right when I closed my eyes, Damon pressed on the brakes, sending me flying forward.

My eyes quickly opened as I gripped onto the dashboard before looking at Damon, "What the hell, Damon?"

There was a concentrated look on his face. He had his head tilted to the side, almost as if he was listening to something.

Damon got out of the car quickly, and I sat up, looking at him, confused, "Damon, where are you going?" He turned to me, "Stay here."

I started to get out of the car, "No, where are you going? You're not leaving me out here by myself."

He sent me a stern look, "Stay in the car. I'll be back." Sighing, he ran his hands down his face before walking over to me, "Y/N, stay here. Just wait."

Before I could even respond, he used his vamp speed to run to god knows where. I got back in the car and closed the door behind me.

Goodness, nothing can be simple, can it?

-

Dear Journal,

Long time no see. Or should it be: long time, no write? I don't know. Everything has been sort of hectic lately. Oh, who am I kidding? It's all full out crazy.

I feel like Aunt Lidia is hiding something from me. What are all these secret meetings she's been attending? Let's not forget about what Emily said to me when she had possessed Bonnie. What did she mean by "you're close to fulfilling the prophecy"?

The only good thing that has come out of today is Jeremy and I forgiving each other. Don't get me wrong, I still have deep feelings for him, but if all we can be right now is best friends, I can deal with that. Although it does hurt a little that my feelings aren't mutual, I'll be fine. I've dealt with worse.

I want to scream. That sounds crazy, but I'm serious. Nothing has been making sense. Before school started, the only problems I had were high school, puberty, and my missing parents. Now I have all that plus vampires and witches.

I think I'm done with my ranting now. I'll vent to you soon, probably.

Farewell, Journal

-

Sighing, I put the notebook and pencil in my bag. I drummed my fingers on the dashboard before leaning back into the seat behind me.

Where did Damon go?

It seemed as if the universe was listening to my thoughts. I noticed a figure walking over towards the car. I squinted my eyes, trying to make out their face. It looked like they were carrying someone in their arms bridal style.

As they got closer, I recognized the mystery person. I got out of the car, "Damon? Is that Elena?"

Once he was a few feet away from the car, I rushed over to him, noting the injuries on Elena, "Oh my goodness. Is she okay? What happened?"

"Hey," he said as I peered down at the unconscious brunette in his arms as he placed her in the back seat, laying her down gently.

"Damon, what happened? Did she get in an accident? Oh no, was anybody else hurt?" I rambled, panic creeping in.

"Y/N," Damon said, trying to get my attention, but I just shook my head, continuing to ramble on and on about how everything was going to absolute shit.

Damon sighed, and the next thing I know, his hand is covering my mouth as he looks down at me, "Calm down." I just stared up at him, not knowing what to do.

"I'm going to move my hand now, okay?" I nodded slowly, but before he moved it, he narrowed his eyes at me, "Don't start freaking out again."

I looked up at him and nodded again, signaling to him that I understood. He slowly removed his hand from my mouth. Once he saw that I wasn't about to freak out, he started talking, "It's fine. Elena is fine; she just got banged up a little."

Damon walked around the car to get to the driver's side. He raised an eyebrow at me when he noticed I was standing there, "Are you going to get in?"

I shook myself out of my daze before getting back in the car, casting a concerned look to Elena, who was still unconscious. He started driving again, and I noticed he had ridden past the hospital.

"Damon?" He hummed, turning to me, "You just rode past the hospital." He turned back to the road, "I know."

"What are you doing? We need to get Elena some help," I said, looking at him confused.

"She's fine. We're just going on a little road trip," Damon said as he tapped his fingers along the steering wheel.

"Damon, pull over," I said, crossing my arms. He just kept driving, ignoring me. "Damon, I'm serious, pull over."

"I'm about to jump out of this car," I said, to which he arrogantly replied, "Go ahead."

To prove to him that I would, not actually, I turned and reached for the door handle only for him to lock it. He turned to me, blue eyes twinkling mischievously, "Come on, it'll be fun. You're how old, and you've never skipped school or stayed out too late?"

"That doesn't matter. You need to take us home, and where would we be going anyway?"

Damon smirked, "I might need your help with something. Besides," he said, turning to me with a smile, "We need to rekindle our friendship."

"And who said I wanted that?"

"You haven't tried to get out of the car again," was all he said before turning his attention back on the road.

---

Damon's POV

It had been about an hour since I had started driving. Granted, I know I should've just taken both girls home, but where's the fun in that?

Elena was still unconscious, but she didn't have anything broken, and she wasn't bleeding heavily, so all was fine. Although it took some persuasion and charm on my part, Y/N finally agreed to come with me.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say she agreed as much as she just decided to go along with it. I looked over to see her asleep, curled up with her arms wrapped protectively around herself.

Huh, she must not trust me. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't trust myself either, not after all of the horrible things I've done.

She probably hates me, but maybe I can change that. If I weren't such an asshole most of the time, we would probably get along better.

I need to keep driving. We have a while until we get to where we need to be. I'll have to avoid the potholes so she'll sleep fine.

---

Y/N's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt myself waking up. Yawning, I stretched my arms above my head, only for my hands to hit the top of something.

My eyes shot open as I looked around my surroundings to find Damon sitting across from me driving. Once he noticed I was awake, he turned to me, pink lips curved into a smirk, "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty."

I just glared at him while rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Damon kept talking, "At least I now know what it'd be like waking up next to you."

I quickly dropped my hands and turned to the raven-haired man sitting beside me, "Yeah. That'll never happen."

"You never know," he said, winking at me, to which I just rolled my eyes. I looked out the window to see nothing but grass and trees.

"Morning," Damon said, and I noticed Elena was awake. She sat up, wincing as she held her head, "Where are we?"

"Georgia." That makes sense. We must be on the rural side, hence all the land and trees.

"Georgia?" Elena asked, confused, shaking her head, "No, no. No, we're not."

"Seriously, Damon. Where are we?" Elena said, and Damon turned to her, "Seriously, we're- we're in Georgia. How ya feeling?"

Elena stuttered a little, trying to figure out what to say. Damon spoke up instead, "There's no broken bones. I checked."

She looked from him to me, "My car. There was a man. I hit a man." My eyes widened as I turned to her, "You what?!"

Elena ignored me as she kept talking, "But then he got up and- who was that?" Damon shrugged, "That's what I would like to know."

"Where is my phone?" she said, patting her pockets, "Ok. We really need to go back. Nobody knows where we are."

"Pull over," she ran her hands through her hair, "I mean it, Damon. Pull over!"

After she basically screamed at him to stop, Damon rolled his eyes, "Oh, she was so much more fun when she was asleep, right?" I rolled my eyes too in response.

Elena tapped my seat to let her out when Damon pulled over on the side of the road. I got out, and she followed behind me. She winced, bending over in pain once she got out.

Damon and I shared a quick look before he sped over to her, holding her up, "Hey." She just stared at him before walking away, "I'm fine."

"We have to go back." I mean Elena wasn't wrong. We did have to go back, or at least (I don't know) tell someone we were alive.

"Oh, come on. Look. We've already come this far," Damon said, smirking at her before sending a wink in my direction, making me scrunch my face up in disgust.

"Why are you doing this? I can't be in Georgia. I wrecked my car. I have to go home. This is kidnapping," Elena rambled. Again, she wasn't wrong.

"That's a bit melodramatic, don't you think?" Damon tilted his head. Why does he have to make everything a joke?

"You're not funny," Elena shook her head, "You can't do this. I'm not," she turned to me, "We're not going to Georgia."

Damon leaned against his car, arms crossed and a smirk on his face, "Well, you're in Georgia." Elena looked around, taking in our surroundings. He continued, "Without your magic little necklace, I might add."

Elena's hand immediately flew to her neck, her necklace, indeed, missing. "I could very easily make you... agreeable," Damon smirked.

"Don't you dare," I said, finally speaking after watching the two of them bickering. Damon's smirk only seemed to grow if that was even possible.

"What are you trying to prove?" Elena asked, but before Damon could answer her (or taunt her), a phone started ringing.

I didn't know where the sound was coming from until Elena glared at Damon, "That's my phone." He pulled it from his back pocket and looked down at the caller ID, "Mmm. It's your boyfriend."

He held the phone out to the brunette, who didn't take it, so he answered it and held it to his ear, "Elena's phone." I couldn't hear what Stefan was saying, so I turned to Elena, an eyebrow raised.

"Why don't you want to talk to Stefan," I mouthed to her when she looked in my direction. She looked down, sighing before mouthing back, "I'll explain later."

"Elena? She's right here. And, yes, she's fine." Damon turned to Elena, raising his eyebrows and smirking at her. Why does he always do that?

Damon tried to hand the phone off to her, but Elena only shook her head, "Uh uh." He put the phone back to his ear, and I could hear the sarcasm dripping off his words, "Yeah, I don't- I don't think she wants to talk to you right now."

"You have a good day. Mm-hmm. Bye-now." I rolled my eyes for what felt like the hundredth time this morning. I don't know what happened between Elena and Stefan, but it couldn't have been good if she's ignoring him.

Elena's voice caught my attention, "-we please just go back?" Damon tried reasoning with her, "We're almost there."

She glanced at me then back to Damon, "Where is there?" I was wondering the same thing. I know we're in Georgia, but why?

"A little place right outside of Atlanta," he stepped forward, "Oh, come on, Elena, you don't wanna go back right now. Do you?"

"What's the rush? Time-out," he said, making a 'T' with his hands, "Trust me. Your problems are still going to be there when you get home."

Elena was still unconvinced, so Damon tried persuading her, "Look. Step away from your life for 5 minutes. 5 minutes. Besides..." he trailed off, tilting his head and smirking at me, "You wouldn't want to leave Y/N all alone, now would you?"

Elena sighed, turning around, walking a few steps before turning back to Damon, "Am I- are we going to be safe with you?" Damon quickly responded with a 'yes.'

"You promise not to do that mind control thing with me?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest, to which Damon responded with another 'yes.'

"Can I trust you?" she asked, but this time Damon only said, "Get in the car. Come on." He walked off and went back to the car.

Elena turned to me, sighing, "I can't believe we're going through with this." I shrugged, nodding over to the car, "I mean, what's the worse that can happen?"

---

I was sitting in the back now. Elena took my spot at the front. In complete honesty, I didn't mind at all. Damon was, how to put it, ah yes, annoying. The more space, the better.

They were talking about Elena's car, but I didn't join the conversation, just looking out the window. So many thoughts were roaming through my head. It was like a circus in there.

My phone buzzed lightly in my pocket, so I pulled it out. It was a text from Jeremy: Hey, why aren't u @ school today? Are u sick? Do I need to stop by later?

I smiled down at my phone. I'm glad we made up yesterday. As much as Jeremy gets on my nerves, he will always be my little Jer Bear. We've been best friends for so long, and I can't imagine life without him.

I started typing back: Hey, Jer Bear. I'm fine. You don't have to check on me later :)

Not even a minute later, my phone buzzed again, another text from him coming in.

- Jeremy: I thought I told you to stop calling me that & are u sure? I don't mind.

I held in the laugh bubbling at the back of my throat, typing a response: And when do I ever listen to you, but I'm sure and besides... aren't you supposed to be in class right now, paying attention?

- Jeremy: Yeah, yeah. But if u need me, just let me know

Of course, bye Jer Bear, love you <3

He responded with a 'love you too, rat.' How lovely it is to be called a rat by Jeremy Gilbert. Did you hear the sarcasm there? No? Okay then.

The car swerved off to the side, and I lifted my head away from my phone. I looked out the window and noticed Damon parked across from a building that said 'Bree's Bar.'

A bar? What could he possibly need from a bar? More importantly, why does he need us?

"Where are we? You brought us to a bar?" Elena asked as Damon got out of the car. I got out after she did, and we just shared a knowing look, "Damon, we're not old enough."

"Yeah, they're not going to let us in," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "Sure they will," Damon said, nodding over to the building, clapping.

I closed the door and took in a deep breath, turning to Elena, "Well, here we go."

We entered the bar, and music immediately flooded my ears. I looked around. The bar had a sort of rustic theme, giving it an old-fashioned type of feel. It was cozy.

There was a woman with long, curly hair cleaning off the bar counter. Elena and I stood close together, eyes wandering around. Damon, on the other hand, was rubbing his hands together as we approached the bar.

The woman turned around, eyes on Damon, the light above making her gold earring shine, "No. No, it can't be."

"Damon." She turned her body to get a better look at him, and I leaned over to Elena, whispering, "How do you think they know each other?"

The woman, whose name we still haven't heard, jumped over the counter and strode over to Damon. That was when I noticed how tall she was. She towered over Elena and me, Damon too.

"My honey pie," her voice was unique. It was like honey, but with a certain amount of bitterness to it. She grabbed Damon's face in her hands and kissed him.

He was kissing her back with the same amount of intensity. I turned to Elena, a shocked look on my face. Her brown eyes were just as wide as mine.

When the two pulled away, I felt out a breath of relief, thinking they finished, but no, life doesn't work that way. They pulled each other back in, continuing.

-

"Listen up, everybody!" Bree said, grabbing ahold of a bottle of alcohol, raising it to the crowd, "Here's to the man that broke my heart," she started pouring a round of shots, "crushed my soul, destroyed my life, and ruined any and all chances of happiness!"

She grabbed four of the shot glasses, two in each hand, bringing them over to us. She placed one in front of Damon and one for Elena and me, "Drink up!"

Damon reached over and discreetly grabbed the glasses from Elena and me when he noticed we weren't going to drink it.

"Ahh. Whoo!" Bree winced, setting down her glass. It must've been something strong or too bitter. When she turned around, Damon quickly slid the empty glasses back over to us.

"So," Bree started, raising an eyebrow at Elena, "how'd he rope you in?" She poured more alcohol in Elena's cup, "I'm not roped in. Actually, I'm dating his-"

Bree interrupted her, "Honey, if you're not roped, you're whipped." She turned to me, tilting her head, "Same goes for you."

I shook my head, laughing, "No, definitely not. We're just friends, well not even that." I felt Damon's eyes on me, but I pretended that I didn't.

"Damon has his way of making anyone fall for him even if they don't want to," the eccentric woman said, giving me a knowing look before sending a wink to Damon.

"Either way, just enjoy the ride," she smiled. Elena nodded, "Ok. So, how did you two meet?"

Bree laughed, "College." Elena and I shared a look. There was no way Damon went to college.

"You went to college?" Elena asked, turning to Damon. "I've been on a college campus, yes," he raised his drink to his lips.

"About 20 years ago, when I was a sweet, young freshman. I met this beautiful man, and I fell in love." Elena smiled, listening to Bree talk, "And then he told me about his little secret, made me love him even more."

I wonder what that's like, loving someone, or having someone love you. I've never really experienced it. Of course, I love my friends (the few that I have) and my family, but I've never romantically loved anyone.

"Because, you see," Bree continued, "I had a little secret of my own that I was dying to share with somebody."

Now, I'm intrigued. I wonder what it was.

Damon leaned over to and whispered, very loudly if I do say so myself, "She's a witch." Bree nodded, "Changed my world."

"I rocked your world," he said, making Bree laugh before turning to Elena and me, "He is good in the sack, isn't he?"

My mouth fell open in shock, and Elena looked over to Damon uncomfortably. I was not expecting her to say that so...bluntly.

"But mostly he's just a walkaway-Joe," Bree said, throwing back a shot. "So," she started, "what is it that you want?"

---

Elena had stepped outside to talk to Jenna, who had been calling to see where she was. I was going to call my aunt, but it seemed as if she didn't even know I was gone.

She sent me a simple text about not waiting on her as she had a meeting to attend. I asked what she was doing there, but she just said it was nothing important, and I shouldn't worry.

I just ignored her message, not responding. I don't understand. What are all these meetings she's attending? Are they witchy meetings or something else?

Damon was talking to Bree about something over to the side, leaving me alone at the bar, but I didn't mind. I tapped my fingers on my phone as I looked around.

There weren't many people here. It sounds weird, but I sort of already knew Bree was a witch before Damon told us. I got a certain vibe from her. Along with that, I felt this weird feeling at the back of my neck. It was almost like when you're in danger, but you don't know what or where the threat is.

Footsteps headed my way, and I turned to see Bree approaching me. She reached for a bottle of what looked like whiskey, pouring herself a cup, "Want some?" I shook my head, "No, but thank you."

She tilted her head at me, "I can sense what you are." I looked around to make sure no one else was listening before leaning closer to her, "What do you mean?"

"I mean," she drank from the glass, "you and I are just the same. We're witches."

I furrowed my brows together, "How do you know?" I felt something with her, but I didn't know she felt anything with me.

"Powerful witches have a very strong aura. Yours is muted, but I can feel it," she said, drinking from her cup again. "The other reason I knew is because of your marks."

I instantly looked down at my arms. Does she know about the prophecy? I raise my head to meet her smile, "Can you tell me anything about it?'

Bree sighed, pushed a curly lock of hair from her face, "Sadly, I don't know much about, but I will say that you should be careful."

I looked down, confused. What does this mean?

"Listen," she said, grabbing my hand, "never turn a blind eye to anything suspicious, even if it's from someone you think you can trust."

She looked around, and I did the same. I noticed Damon was outside with Elena. Bree quickly stood up, patting my shoulder before grabbing a phone and making her way to the back.

Bree started the blender, but I didn't think anything of it as she pulled the phone up to her ear. Maybe it was a private call, and she didn't want anyone, for example, me, to be listening.

After a little bit, Damon and Elena came back in, and we ordered some food. I left them to go to the bathroom. I was washing my hands when my phone started to buzz in my pocket.

Grabbing a few paper towels, I dried off my hands before pulling out my phone. Stefan was calling. Oh, that's right. He doesn't know I'm here with Damon and Elena.

"Hello?"

I heard a sigh of relief come from the other line, "Oh, thank goodness. Where are you? I need your help."

I let out a sigh, but it wasn't one of relief, "I'm..." I looked around the bathroom, "Don't be mad at me, but... I'm with Damon and Elena."

There was silence. I started nervously rubbing my hands together while holding my phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"Why are you- that doesn't matter. I need your help- it's Bonnie," he said, and I had to ignore this sheer disappointment in his words. I didn't even think about how anyone else would feel before I hopped the gun and went along with Damon.

"I'm sorry, Stefan. I wasn't thinking," I said, peeking my head out of the bathroom to see if anyone was near. Honestly, I wasn't. Why would I agree to go somewhere with a vampire who has attacked and killed people?

Definitely not my best moment.

"We'll talk about that later. Have you heard from Bonnie?"

I shook my head before remembering that he couldn't see me, "No, I haven't. What's going on, Stefan?"

He sighed, "I don't know. Look, I have to go, but I'll let you know what happens later."

"Okay..." I'm confused now. Did something bad happen?

"Oh, and Y/N?" I hummed to let him know he had my attention, "Please stay safe. Damon's... well, he's Damon."

"Okay, I will. Bye Stefan," and with that, he hung up. I pocketed my phone, sighing before making my way out of the bathroom.

When I made it back to the bar, Bree was handing Damon another beer. I didn't pay much attention to it, that man could drink any type of alcohol and not get any side effects. Perks to being dead, huh?

What I did pay attention to was Elena telling Bree that she'd take one. I was not expecting that. Damon turned to her, raising his eyebrows, "Hmm?"

"Time out, remember?" Elena said, repeating what Damon had said earlier, making a 'T' with her hands, "For 5 minutes?"

"I never pegged you as the alcohol is a stress reliever type, Elena," I said, sliding on the seat next to her. She shrugged, "Yeah, well, that 5 minutes is going to need a beer."

"There you go." Bree came back and handed Elena her beer. She glanced at me to see if I wanted one, and I just shook my head. Alcohol isn't really my cup of tea. Not that I've ever had any, but you know what I mean.

Elena held up her bottle and turned to Damon, the two of them clinking their bottles together. She took a deep breath before putting it to her lips, drinking it and wincing at the bitter taste.

---

I don't even know how much time had passed. When I looked outside, the sun had set, and the sky darkened, so I assumed it was a few hours.

Elena's time-out was longer than just 5 minutes. Her and Damon, along with some other people, were lined up at the bar throwing back shots. I was sitting off to the side, a bottle of water in hand, watching.

Why did I even agree to come? Oh, that's right, I'm an idiot. A major idiot.

Having had enough of sitting there doing nothing, I made my way outside. The air was less stuffy out here. I could finally breathe.

I was tying my shoe when I saw someone's shadow as they came near me. Lifting my head, I noticed it was a man. I was turning to go back inside when he bumped into me, and a wave of negative energy came from him.

He threw a 'sorry' to me before entering the bar. I continued watching him until I couldn't see him anymore. I don't know who he was, but something didn't sit right with me.

Who was he, and why did he seem so dangerous? Can I go anywhere without feeling like something bad is going to happen? I think not.

I heard someone come outside, but I ignored it, thinking it was just someone leaving. It sounded like they fell, and I looked over to see Elena getting up.

Just as I was about to walk over, someone rushed up behind her. They placed their hand over her mouth, muffling her words. I stopped, looking around frantically to see if there was something I could do.

I saw a small rock, hey, you have to make do with what you have. Picking it up, I swung my arm back and launched it at the man holding her making him turn around to me with an angry expression.

Oh no. Probably not the best idea, but what was I supposed to do? Just stand there?

He let go of Elena and started making his way over to me. I backed up, tripping over a brick, but quickly getting up. I'm not like the other girls in scary movies.

The man bared his fangs and lunged at me, making me hit my head on the brick wall. I could hear Elena call my name as I tried to sit up, black dots swarming my vision. I felt someone pick me up before the blackness took over.

"Y/N..." I shook my head, groaning, allowing myself to slip under again. "Y/N..." I winced as I slowly opened my eyes.

There was a sharp, throbbing pain in my head, and it hurt every time I moved or even blinked.

"Y/N," the voice from earlier said, and I groggily turned the speaker. It was Elena. I opened my mouth to speak, but I could hear footsteps approaching, so I stayed quiet.

I start nodding off again when Elena's voice brought me back, "Damon, no." Damon? What's going on? I can't think straight.

I let my eyes close, the throbbing in my head growing more and more. I flinched when I heard a yell - it sounded like Damon. There were more yells, and I knew I needed to get up.

Sitting up, I held a hand to my head to lessen the pain. I looked around and saw Elena running up to two people. The person standing was pouring... gasoline? on someone who was on the ground. Wait... that's Damon.

The man turned around, baring his fangs at Elena as he had earlier, eyes bloodshot red and veins creeping onto his face. Elena backed off, and he turned around, continuing to pour gasoline on Damon.

"Who are you?" Damon coughed out as I rose from my spot, wanting to throw up from the sudden change.

"That's perfect. You have no idea." The man seethed at Damon. Oh goodness. What did Damon do this time?

"What are you talking about? What did he do?" Elena asked frantically. She said what I was thinking. "He killed my girlfriend," the man said, making everyone go silent.

I continued making my down the steps, wincing at each move I made. It was like someone had whacked me over the head with a sledgehammer.

"What did she do to you, huh? What did she do to you?!" With every word, the man's voice grew louder as he poured the rest of the gasoline in the container on Damon.

Damon was breathing heavily, "Nothing." Elena spoke up, "I don't understand."

"My girlfriend went to visit Stefan, and Damon killed her," the man explained, turning around to face Elena, "Got it?"

Wait... is he talking about-

"Lexi?" Elena asked, "Lexi was your girlfriend? She told me about you. She said that you were human."

I remember that. But wait- isn't he a vampire? It seemed as if everyone was answering my thoughts today.

"I was," he said simply, before turning around and pulling what looked like a lighter out of his pocket.

"Lexi turned you?" He paused, "If you want to be with someone forever, you have to live forever."

Damon was starting to get up, but his groaning gave him away. The man quickly turned around and kicked him, sending him back to the ground.

I finally made it down the steps after what felt like an eternity. Elena caught me before I fell as she tried reasoning with the man, "She loved you! She said, 'When it's real, you can't walk away.'"

There were tears in his eyes as he spoke, "Well, that's a choice you're not going to have to make."

Elena pleaded with him, "Don't. Don't, please, don't hurt him-" Her begging didn't go very far because the man lit a match, the flame dancing around tauntingly, "I'm doing you a favor."

"Lexi loved you. And she was good. That means you're good, too," Elena shook her head, "Be better than him."

"Don't do this. I'm begging you! Please." He turned to us, face scrunched in anger as tears brimmed in his eyes.

I continued to lean on Elena. My eyes were closed since having them open was making my head hurt worse. She wrapped her arm around me, so I didn't fall. There was some shuffling before a loud bang sounded.

"Thank you," Elena said softly. Was she crying? "It wasn't for you," the man said before he ran off. Well, I'm assuming he did because it sounded like it.

Elena sat me down and tapped the side of my face lightly, "Hey, Y/N. Stay right here, okay? I'll be right back." I made an incoherent noise which seemed to be enough for her.

I opened my eyes a little and saw her running over to Damon. Oh, that's what the bang was.

I closed my eyes for the hundredth time, letting the sleep come over. I was in no shape to try and keep myself awake.

---

I turned over, a ray of sun in my eyes stirring me awake. Whatever I was on was rocking slightly, almost lulling me back to sleep. Blinking my eyes open slowly, I noticed I was in a car.

Huh? Oh, that's right.

Damon turned in his seat and smirked at me, "Morning, Sleeping Beauty."

I yawned as I sat up, wincing when a sharp pain filled my head. "Oww," I groaned, pressing down on my head to relieve some of the tension.

"How do you feel?" Elena asked, a gentle smile on her face. I shut my eyes briefly before looking at her, "It feels like someone hit me on the head with a sledgehammer."

She scrunched her face up, "That bad, huh?" I nodded, leaning forward so that I could get the bright rays of the sun from my face.

"So," she started, turning to Damon, "why did you bring us with you?"

"Yeah," I said, clearing my throat when I heard how scratchy it was, "why not just take us home?"

He sighed, "Well, you're not the worst company in the world, Elena," he turned to her with a grin. She tilted her head at him, the slightest hint of a smile on her face.

"You should give yourself more credit," he looked back to the road. Elena and I shared a scoff, "Seriously?"

"You know, you were there in the road all damsel in distress-like. And I knew it would piss off Stefan. And... you're not the worst company in the world, Elena."

Humming, I held back my laugh, "And what about me?" I was curious. I get why he took Elena with him, but why me? Not to be harsh on myself or anything, but I'm not all that special.

"Honestly?" he asked, looking at me in the rear-view mirror, and I nodded.

"Well, for one, you were a damsel in distress too," he said, making me roll my eyes, "Secondly..." he paused as if he was trying to find the right words "Believe it or not, but I want to be friends with you. Of course, you'd have to be more accepting and less judgmental..."

I opened my mouth to defend myself, but he beat me to it, "But if you were interested, we'd have a pretty cool friendship if I say so myself." He grinned at me, but I could tell it was genuine, not one of his sarcastic ones.

I smiled back a little before he accidentally hit a pothole, and I winced. He apologized, stifling a laugh before turning back to the road.

Damon and Elena continued talking as I just sat back in listened. Once the pain in my head died down, I looked outside at the passing scenery. The songs on the radio played while I thought about a few things.

One, what was going on with Bonnie, and why did Stefan need me? Two, is my Aunt Lidia ever going to tell me the truth about these secret meetings she's been going to?

Lastly, could Damon and I actually be friends?

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

54.4K 965 43
After catching Damon cheating on her with her best friend Bonnie, Elena gets kidnapped by the sociopath Kai. After a year she manages to escape and...
14.3K 658 11
Whenever I read books or watch some movies or tv shows, I always say that the MC should have done it differently then whatever they faced would've en...
2.3K 69 26
Should I go up to them? Will they accept me? Will they remember me? "N-Nellie?" Well shit.... ============== =============== I DO NOT OWN VAMPIRE DI...
18.5K 651 16
"You know that she's a vampire now? So, she remembers who you are? It's been over a year, Klaus. She doesn't love you. You can't actually think that...