ARCHANGELS' LEGACY BOOK III:...

By vixen_ink

Nikaia woke up alone in her corner. Her sisters decided to make her a makeshift bed to make her feel comforta... More

Characters
Prologue
Part I
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
Part XIV
Part XV
Part XVI
Part XVII
Part XVIII
Part XIX
Part XX
Part XXI
Part XXII
Part XXIII
Part XXIV
Part XXV
Part XXVI
Part XXVII
Part XXVIII
Part XXIX
Part XXX
Part XXXI
Part XXXII
Part XXXIII
Part XXXIV
Part XXXV
Part XXXVI
Part XXXVII
Part XXXVIII
Part XXXIX
Part XL
Part XLI
Part XLII
Part XLIII
Part XLIV
Epilogue

Part II

128 8 0
By vixen_ink

“Aaaahhhh!!!”, cried Nikaia and gripped the side of the makeshift bed as another wave of painful contraction attacked her.
Every nymph is anxiously waiting outside the cave. The only dryads inside, are her friend and two other nymphs.

“Sshhhh, it’ll pass”, Rhanis wiped the sweat on her forehead as she said some comforting words but it didn’t lessen the agony she is feeling right now.

“I can already see the crown of its head, Eroméni”, the nymph, who is positioned in front of her, stated.

“One more push and we will see your babe”, the other dryad held her hand, as if wanting to help ease the discomfort she’s in.
Nikaia sucked in a huge amount of air and gathered all her might to release a strong push, this time a wail of a crying offspring filled the air. It was also the last sound she heard before losing consciousness.

She woke up to a slight nudge on her body. She opened her eyes and realized she had slept for a while because the torches were the only source of light that occupied the cave.

A soft sound made her turn on her side and was overwhelmed to see the small babe, sleeping soundly beside her. Tears started to cascade down her cheeks, as she traced her finger on the babe’s smooth chin.

“She looks just like him”, Rhanis’ voice made her wipe the liquid from her eyes and looked at her friend, walking towards their bed.

A daughter, she gave birth to a female being. It made her smile and she felt proud, not just because she had a daughter but also, her child possessed her father’s beauty. This made her grin, remembering the angel’s unrivalled comeliness.

Her friend went to the sleeping babe’s side, knelt and stared at her adoringly.

“Thank you, Nika”, it’s her nickname given by Naya and Rhanis, and her words were enough to make her feel happy.

She knew that the Dryads are very pleased about her offspring, who is now the only hope for their future.

“I’m sorry it didn’t work for you and Nemeia”, she said with sadness. Rhanis and the other nymph had also received the seeds from the two angels, who were with Jin but they weren’t so lucky to bear their children. If she recalled correctly, their names were Yoongi and Hoseok.

“We are not losing hope. Our sisters are not stopping to find male beings. We will make sure that we are not the last Dryads”, her friend said confidently.

This is true. Everyday, their sisters would explore the forest for male beings and would enchant them with their beauties in exchange for their seeds, but still, months would pass and they are not bearing children.

“Naya?”, she asked.

"Nika, she's dead", Rhanis wanted her to fully accept the truth of their Guardian's demise.

"I will only believe your words if I see the crystal separated from its owner".

She was right, of course. The only thing that will prove her death is the crystal.

The crystal that is with the Dryad's possession is one of the four crystals given by the Almighty.

"Fine. I will give you my word that we will search for Naya", Rhanis knew that Nikaia is stubborn and she might look for her herself.

"Thank you", she meant that.

Finding Naya is her priority. If they found her, everything will be back to normal. Dryads will easily get pregnant and everything will come into place, just as it was before.

Where are you, my dear sister?

Nikaia returned her gaze to her small bundle of joy. For now, her child is the most important being in their kind.

“Does she...?”, she looked at Rhanis.

“have wings?”, she finished for her. “Her back is flawless. Maybe it’s still too early. We’re not sure if she’ll have it or not”.
She was right. It’s the first time they had bore a half angel and a half nymph. Her kind had always preferred a human or an elf and the dominant gene was always the nymphs.

“Don’t worry too much. Have faith. All will be well”, her friend smiled.

She glanced back at her peaceful babe and her maternal instinct made her say, “I promise to protect you with all that I have”.

“As do I, Nika, and all of our kind. We will protect your child, even if it means giving up our lives”, Rhanis’ vow of security was enough to calm her for her child’s safety.

She hugged her friend and hoped that along with her happiness is Naya’s well being, hoping one day that the Guardian of the Crystal will meet her niece.

Valerie is waiting nervously at the couch. She kept biting her fingers but didn’t realized it because her mind was occupied with the thought of her sister.

It’s been months since she last saw her. Valena would never be gone for so long without contacting her. Even if Lucifer would require her service, she would make sure to call Valerie and nagged her to learn sorcery.

The door to her living room opened and her demon servant entered, “Miss, Braka is here to see you”.

She suddenly stands up when she mentioned one of Lucifer’s demon.

“Well, let him in”, Valerie was curious why a demon would be sent to her.

Her servant left and a minute passed when Braka came in.

“Where’s Valena?”, she didn’t wait for him to speak first.

“That is the reason why I am here”, the tall demon said.

His pause made her more anxious, “and?”.

“Valena has met an unfortunate event”.

His words made her heart pound faster.

“For fuck’s sake, quit stalling. What kind of unfortunate event?”

“She’s dead”.

Valerie felt like a huge boulder was thrown at her. All she could think about is her sister’s smiling and pretty face.

“No, she’s not. She.....she.....she’s......she’s just with her boss”, she was in denial because she couldn’t believe that Valena would leave her like that.

Braka opened his mouth for a second but no words came out. Well, what did she expect? Demons don’t feel anything. He once again looked at her and silently leaves the room. Leaving behind the distraught young sorceress to mourn for her beloved sister.

“No!!”, her cry shook the room. The demon’s action made her realized the truth that her sister was gone.

Her tears flowed freely for her loss. Memories of Valena came rushing to her. All her nagging, her teasing and her loving embrace but those were all just memories to be remembered.

Her heart aches. How did she die? Valerie knew her sister was the best sorceress, then how did she lost her life? One thing came to her mind. Someone killed her. This knowledge made her stop from crying and rage started to engulf her. She will find out everything for Valena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 297 31
" They came again yesterday." I mutter, absorbed in the wave of happiness the memory brings me. " Who came?" The Therapist questioned, eyes glued to...
9.9K 864 56
"Where the hell am I?!" He shrieked, stumbling over his feet like a newborn deer. He was a panicking mess, spinning around in circles to see the unfa...
44.9K 2.5K 37
"I remember It was a beautiful night" "Snowflake covering everything in white,Just like every winter." "But that is the last thing I remember." That...
5.7K 382 46
{ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ} "You know what? I'm more than angry. I'm furious. You throw away my feelings like they're nothing. Like I'm nothing. And then you...