The Next Step: Season 7 Rewri...

By zozoey_05

As the next step has just won regionals, they advance to nationals. But, a huge opportunity comes up with Dan... More

A/N + Disclaimer.
Chapter 1: "See You Later"
Chapter 2: Challenge Days
Chapter 3: Break up, Make up
Chapter 4: Midnight Mayhem
Chapter 5: Razzle Dazzle, The Show Begins
Chapter 6: Revelations and Realisations
Chapter 7: What's Best for You
Chapter 8: Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 9: The Goodbye Girl
Chapter 11: Woke Up In Rome
Chapter 12: B Troupe, Best Troupe
Chapter 13: Ought to Get the Spot
Chapter 14: The Bros... And A Gal?
Chapter 15: The Perfect Pairs
Chapter 16: Last Minute
Chapter 17: Room Service
Chapter 18: Pre-Dance Stress
Chapter 19: Words of Encouragement
Chapter 20: Baby Won't You Come Back Soon
Chapter 21: The Last Thread
Chapter 22: The Next Step
Chapter 23: Epilogue
Thank You
Special: See You Again
It's Out!!!

Chapter 10: Apology Accepted

747 11 7
By zozoey_05

A/N: It's my birthday today :) So as a lil something I've got two chapters for y'all, and they're both early

Now, On with the story

A troupe are dancing main attraction. It's self-choreographed by the dancers, but won't be competing on Dancemania. Instead, it's to solidify the relations between all of the dancers, especially with Summer rejoining and Richelle leaving.

Ozzy:

This is the first group dance on a troupe I've done without Richelle. It's weird not having her around. I miss having her around, but I know she's gone on to do better things. And a troupe are still a family, even if someone's moved out to be independent.

Kingston:

Lily and I's relationship has been going great. We have a few minor disagreements here and there, but it's all out of love. I like a good argument, especially if I know that there won't be any consequences. I know Lily enjoys them too. I think we're the new Jiley of a troupe.

Lily:

I don't know who Jiley is, but apparently they're legendary dancers from when TNS first gained popularity. Anyways, I really do enjoy Kingston and I's relationship. I just hope my mom won't find out. After hearing about Dancemania, she insisted she come watch rehearsals today. I couldn't stop her, so she's just in the office talking to Nick right now.

Amy:

A troupe has never felt more like a family. I've made up with piper, and everyone's so close with one another. This is so much better than my experience at Acronation. I just don't get why Ms Angela's back here. But we can't stop Lily from bringing her mom, I guess.

Summer:

Being back on a troupe is a little strange, but I love dancing with them and I really missed that before. I hope I haven't offended b troupe by leaving them. I just want to do what's best for a troupe. I can't afford any mistakes like from my audition anymore.

Henry:

With Summer back on a troupe, I thought things would've been weird between us. But it's actually alright. We're back to being friends. I guess we were right in the fact that the relationship wasn't for us.

Heathcliff:

I'm going to Dancemania. After all those years of working hard on j troupe and b troupe, this is going to be my big opportunity. I can't wait to perform for everyone on tv.

Kenzie:

Without Richelle here, I don't have as much competition. Amy's not as competitive as her or Jacquie, so it's a bit strange. But at least now I get to fight for dance captain.

Finn:

We're going to Dancemania! And pipes finally agreed to the date I've been wanting for months. This is definitely the peak of my dance career. I have the girl I love, and I get to perform on national tv. I'm not sure why Ms Angela's here though. I haven't talked to her since Lily and I were friends as children. We eventually stopped talking, but she's back on the team now and it's a building friendship. I know Ms Angela caused pipes a lot of trouble previously. I'll need to support her if Ms Angela causes any problems again.

Piper:

Finn asked me out on a date, and to be his girlfriend, and I agreed. I can't believe this has gone so well. Our partnering and chemistry is even more amazing in our dancing now. I really hope we get to duet more this season. Ms Angela's here though. And I don't really want to see or talk to her ever since what happened at regionals with my Aerial. But Finn's here, and he's always given me the confidence to dance my best.

After our little lift in the dance, Finn lowers me down and gives me a kiss. It takes a while to realise that a troupe are cheering for us in the background. Whoops. I didn't mean to reveal our relationship so early on. I can definitely hear Amy whooping in the background. Time to get interrogated. Fun.

Ms Angela:

When Lily told me that a troupe made Dancemania, I couldn't believe it. I had to go sit in and watch rehearsals. I can't believe my daughter has managed to land herself on such an amazing dance show.

I can tell the dancers are uncomfortable around me, so I go into the office and talk with the new studio owner. I haven't gotten the chance to apologise to them yet, especially piper. I hope they'll see that I've changed, and I just want what's best for Lily.

Nick and I are talking, and we're seeing who's the biggest Dancemania fan. Obviously I am. I'm the one who owns the biggest Dancemania podcast.

"Hey. You know. Since you're such an expert on Dancemania, and you're a choreographer, why don't you be our choreographer for this season?"

This is an amazing offer. But I can't take it. Not until I've made things right with all of the dancers. He obviously doesn't know about my history with the next step, so it's unfair to the studio. I'm not sure where Emily is. I'll have to speak to her as well.

"I can't. Not until I've apologised to everyone."

"What do you mean?"

"I tried to take over their studio last season, and tried to cheat at regionals. It was only when Lily told everyone that I was bribing the judges that I realised I wasn't doing what's best for her."

"Well, you've changed, haven't you? I don't see why you couldn't be a choreographer. Come on. Let's go talk to the dancers."

Nick:

I can't believe I'm talking to the owner of the best Dancemania podcast in the country. But apparently she has a history with the next step? No matter. As long as she's truly changed, I don't see why she can't choreograph.

Piper:

Great. Ms Angela's coming out of the office. I don't want to face her, but I don't think I can avoid that. Finn wraps his arm around my shoulder comfortingly. She stands in front of all of us, while we're glaring at her.

"I'm sorry to all of you for trying to take over the studio and trying to win regionals unfairly."

She turns to me.

"And I'm really sorry about all the psychological damage I've caused to you, piper. I hope you all can forgive me."

How do I know she's not lying? She caused me way too much anxiety last season. I can't go through that again. But Lily's also mentioned how supportive her mom has been after everything. Finn smiles at me reassuringly, and I know what I need to do.

"I forgive you. But that doesn't mean I fully trust you."

Amy:

If piper has forgiven Ms Angela, then I don't see any reason not to do so as well. After all, Ms Angela messed with Piper the most. I glance around at everyone on a troupe, and though they seem conflicted, we exchange knowing glances.

"We forgive you too."

Emily:

I'm at the studio later than usual because I've just went and caught up with Michelle. I go into studio A, and find the dancers and... Ms Angela? What's she doing here. Does she really have the audacity to come in after causing so much trouble, especially to piper?

But then I hear a troupe.

"We forgive you too."

I wonder what's happened while I wasn't here?

"Now, if anyone could explain to me what has just happened, I would greatly appreciate it."

"Ms Angela has just apologised to the dancers, and I've just invited her to be the choreographer for a troupe's Dancemania routines." Nick tells me.

"Okay dancers. Break time. We're going to sort this out, so you guys can go rehearse, or go to the next steep."

Piper:

We all hurry out of the room, wanting to get out of the tension as soon as possible. Once we're out of the door, Amy turns to me, and asks

"Since when were you and Finn a thing?"

I smile, and start talking as we head to the next steep.

Heathcliff:

Even though a troupe have been really welcoming, I'm still better friends with some of the b troupers. So I head over to studio one to see if they're free to hangout before their rehearsals. I don't want to admit it to myself, but I also really want to see Izzy.

Emily:

"Look. I understand if you don't want me here, but it would be an honour to choreograph for your troupe."

Ms Angela actually looks apologetic. And we're really in dire need of a new choreographer. Plus, Nick's technically the studio owner, so he has the power to hire whomever he likes.

"You can choreograph. Just don't interfere with any of the dancers. And I'll be keeping a close eye on you. Just because a troupe have forgiven you, doesn't mean I trust you. Also, we have tons of guest choreographers coming in as I didn't know we were going to have an actual choreographer. You'll have to be okay with that."

I know the feeling, of really needing and wanting that second chance. I've experienced it myself. I can see that Ms Angela really loves Lily, so I'm willing to give her that chance. But I'm still protective over my dancers, so one foot out of line, and she's gone.

Ms Angela:

This is absolutely amazing. I didn't think Emily would forgive me so fast. I look at Nick, and he's smiling too.

"Thank you so much. I won't let you down."

I've got to get some choreography ready for some group routines. I've done all my research, so it's time to put it together. I wave them goodbye, and head home to start preparing.

Nick:

"Embo, you actually forgave her."

"Well, yes. I can't exactly override any of your decisions. Plus, we needed a choreographer."

Ah right. That reminds me, I'll have to get a contract set up with Ms Angela. That's going to be fun. I smile at Emily, and go try find the paperwork.

Cleo:

I'm dancing with b troupe now. I haven't told anyone except Jude of my idea of b troupe competing, but I'm sure it'll turn out alright. I'm trying to push everyone in rehearsals more, but everyone doesn't seem too motivated. Maybe nationals will be a good push for all the dancers.

I'm going over some hip hop choreography with all of b troupe, who naturally listen to me. They're all talented dancers. They just need a push of motivation to become a competitive dancer instead of a recreational one.

Izzy:

Heathcliff enters the room as we're rehearsing. A little surprising, since he's on a troupe, and they usually don't talk to us often. But I guess he has friends here, so it isn't that unusual. For some strange reason, I feel compelled to dance even harder when he enters the room. I just want to show off, and hip hop's my best style.

Heathcliff:

I enter the b troupe room, and there's a rehearsal happening. I spot Izzy's who's absolutely killing the hip hop routine. There's no doubt she's a natural hip hopper. I was going to talk to Winnie for a bit, but she doesn't seem to be in rehearsal today. Oh well. This means that I can use some time to talk to Izzy.

Izzy:

"Okay everyone. That's the end of rehearsals for today. Practise, and we'll come back tomorrow for a different routine."

Finally. That rehearsal was tiring, and I really need some water. I walk over to the benches, where Heathcliff's sat, and gulp down from my bottle.

We talk for a really long time, and I can feel myself falling for him a little bit more every minute. What's Ozzy going to think of this? No, Izzy. Don't think of Ozzy. What you do is none of his business.

Eventually, I have to leave, as my mom's picking Ozzy and I up early. We both have doctor's checkups this afternoon, so he's missing rehearsals. I say goodbye to heath, and rush out of studio one.

Ozzy:

I'm walking to the exit of the dance studio to meet my mom, when I see Izzy and Heathcliff talking. And Izzy... seems to really like him. Dammit. Why does my sister have to have a crush on my biggest enemy. Ugh.

Old Ozzy would have definitely gotten mad at Heathcliff, but an image of Richelle pops up in my mind. I guess having a crush on someone is inevitable. And I don't want to upset Izzy.

As he leaves the room, I pull him aside and push him near a wall.

"You like Izzy. Don't you."

"W-what? No." He stutters.

"Don't lie. I can tell that you like her. I can also tell she likes you. So I'll tolerate you. Not because I like you, but because Izzy likes you. Don't break her heart though, or I'll break you. Got it?"

"Got it?"

I give him a fist bump, and leave the room. Protective brother duties... a check.

Heathcliff:

I guess Ozzy's not so bad if he accepts Izzy and I. Wait. Why am I talking as if Izzy and I are a thing. But if her brother thinks that she likes me, then maybe there's a chance that we can have something together.

I'm smiling as I leave the room. Maybe I could ask Izzy out sometime. And maybe Ozzy and I could get a bit closer if we aren't fighting. After all, a troupe bros put bros first.

Izzy:

Ozzy gets in the car, late as always. Strange. I thought a troupe morning rehearsals ended earlier than b troupe rehearsals today.

He slides into the seat next to me, and whispers.

"I know you like Heathcliff."

What? How did he find out. Dammit he must have seen Heath and I talking after rehearsals today.

"What about it." I ask him questioningly.

"Nothing, just gave him the mandatory, you break her, I break you talk."

Wait what. Did Ozzy just inadvertently say that he accepted the fact that I like him?

"Wait, so you're okay with it?"

"I'll tolerate him for you. But if he hurts you, he'll suffer. Plus, I think he likes you anyways, so what brother would I be if I stopped you two being happy."

Of course, he has a smug look on his face. But I'm happy about it for once. I give him a hug, and we settle into the car ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.1K 2.3K 149
❝𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆, 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅...
106K 2.3K 65
Richelle and Noah are in A troupe. But when Richelle gets cut from A troupe and goes down to B troupe, what will Noah do? How will Richelle act about...
182K 3.5K 45
Noah and Richelle join Elite when in J troupe after Lucien closes down The Next Step. Miss Kate has finally got her studio back and has been audition...
5.7K 270 27
Here is where we make all of our predictions for The Next Step's next half of season 7! If you're from the future, then it'll be fun to see what we t...