The Right Thing To Do { Drac...

By imnessa_

"๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐๐จ. ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ . ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
1- Just The Beginning
2- The Sorting Hat
4- Best Friend
5- Maturity Levels
6- Worry and Stress
7- The First Lie
8- Quiddich Try-Outs
9-Hogsmeade
10- Amortentia
11-Writing an Essay
12- Scary Kitty
13- Conjuring a Patroness
14- Relationships
15-A Letter
16- A Murder
17- Friends Again
18- The Portkey
19- A Familiar Scent
20- Christmas Eve
21- It's Christmas!
22- Iceskating
23- You Mustn't Tell Lies
24- Punishments
25- Draco?
26-Feelings
27- A Whole New World
28- Unexpected Visitors
29-A Task
30-To The Train
31- Back at Hogwarts
32-Dancing to Death
33- Family Meeting
34- The Truth
35- Back Together (ish)
36- Harry?
37- Peppermint, Smoke, and Old Parchment
38- Goodbye
39- Edgar
Epilogue
A/N

3- First Day of Classes

2.6K 44 44
By imnessa_

I woke up to Pansy screaming at some girl.

"Can you believe that little slut?" She said and threw a pillow across the room.

"Pansy calm down," The other girl said.

"She's a whore!" She yelled.

I quietly got up and tried to not get Pansy's attention because I didn't feel like dealing with her. Of course I failed and Pansy saw me.

"Paxton!" She screamed and marched her way over to me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"How could you not tell me?" She asked. She was ticked. I started thinking. Tell her what? I immediately thought of my dark mark and held my arm even though I knew she couldn't see it because I was wearing a long sleeve shirt.

"Tell you what? I'm not sure about what you are talking about."

"Draco has a girlfriend!" She screamed.

"I-I didn't know," I said and she looked like she wanted to kill me. I looked over to the clock and saw that I was almost late to breakfast.

"You are sitting with me at breakfast!" She ordered and I would have said no but I didn't want to upset her more than she already was.

I went into the bathroom and changed into my uniform. I fixed my hair and put in my headband. I combed my bangs then put on very minimal makeup. I left the bathroom and went straight to the great hall.

"There you are! You're so slow!" Pansy said and grabbed my arm, right on my dark mark, and I winced in pain. She dragged me to the Slytherin table and forced me to sit next to her. As we were walking, she was going on and on about how Draco's new girlfriend is such a slut and how Draco needs to pay more attention to her and blah blah blah.

"Look!" She said and Draco was snogging some third year. Typical.

"What about it?" I asked and immediately started flinching expecting her to hit me for being so stupid.

"What about it? He's mine!"

"You don't own him," I said and she smacked me. This time I wasn't prepared for it.

"Shut up Paxton."

I ate my food in silence. Pansy didn't eat at all. She just stared at Draco and kept glaring at that third year. What was she like 13? And Draco was 16? Of course. Poor thing. Draco is probably just using her and now she has the devil (Pansy) after her.

Snape handed everyone their schedules and before I could even look at mine, Pansy snatched it right out of my hands giving me a papercut.

"We have two of our classes together," she threw my schedule back at me. She stood up and marched over and snatched Draco's schedule. She threw it back at him and came back over to me.

"no no no no," She was saying as she was walking.

"you two have the same schedule. If you get any ideas, I'll kill you," She said. I'd kill myself too if I any ideas with Draco.

After eating, I went to my first class. Potions.

Draco sat next to me followed by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Why are you sitting next to me?" I asked. He never sits by me in class. We normally sit on opposite sides of the room.

"Just wanted to sit by my favorite person of course," he joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Good morning everyone! I am Professor Slughorn and I will be your potions master this year. I hope everyone is doing well," he began speaking but I began to zone out. I'm not very good at paying attention in class.

I began thinking about my dark mark. What would happen? When would Lord Voldemort come to get us? Would Draco help me? My mind was crowded with so many thoughts, but I snapped out of it when I heard my name.

"and Hermione Granger and Evanora Paxton. Get working everyone!" I heard the Professor say.

"What are we doing?" I whispered to Draco.

"You are working with the mudblood," he smirked and walked over to a Gryffindor to work with. They were probably his partner, knowing he'd never walk up to a Gryffindor just to talk.

"Are you Evanora?" Someone asked and I turned around to see the mudblood Draco was talking about.

"Yeah, that's me. Granger?" I asked and she nodded. She sat in Draco's seat and opened her textbook.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"Don't you pay attention? We are partnering up to see which potion would be best to distract someone," she said and began flipping through her textbook. She was going so fast I knew she just had to be the first in the class to get the answer.

I stared at the wall for a few minutes thinking.

"Aren't you going to help? Where's your textbook?" She asked, obviously annoyed.

"Confusing concoction," I said.

"What?"

"Confusing concoction is used to make the person drinking it, confused, distracted, and sick."

She quickly flipped through her textbook and found it.

"Oh. You're correct," she said as if she thought I'd be wrong. I've used this potion before in my father's training. It didn't take too long to brew and it worked almost instantly.

"Alright. Anyone have an answer?" Slughorn asked the class.

"Raise your hand!" Granger whispered to me and I shook my head. I'm too shy to do that.

"No you raise your hand," I whispered back and her arm shot up.

"Miss?" Slughorn asked.

"Granger, sir. My partner has the answer," she said and looked at me. Everyone stared at me waiting for the answer.

"Well Miss?" He asked, not knowing our names yet.

"Evanora."

"What's the answer, Evanora?" He asked calmly, probably noticing my nervousness.

"Confusion concoction. It can distract and confuse whoever drinks it," I said and he smiled.

"Very good. 5 points for Slytherin," he said and dismissed us.

"Why are you so weird like that?" I heard a familiar voice say and I turned around to see Draco.

"I'm not weird."

"You're such a nervous nellie," He joked as he always does. He always called me that stupid name.

"Shut up," I muttered.

"Granger!" He called and she turned around. Here we go.

"How's it like finally being outsmarted, huh? Miss perfect little mudblood wasn't the one with the answer this time!" He laughed and I fake laughed with him. He gets mad if I don't laugh.

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry Potter said and he Granger, and Weasley walked away.

"That's all he knows how to say. 'Shut up malfoy'. He doesn't ever have any kind of defense," Draco laughed and we all laughed with him. My next class was Defence Against the Dark Arts with Snape. Most slytherins love Professor Snape because he favored us. Personally, I don't like him because he is biased, unfair, and is extremely boring. He also always lets Draco get away with everything.

I walked in with Draco and sat in the back as usual. I hated sitting in front of people so I always found myself the one spot in the back where no one would notice me.

"Why do you keep sitting next to me?" I asked annoyed at him.

"We had some nice... bonding on the train and you don't want to sit with me? Damn."

"It wasn't bonding. It was us having something in common," I said. 

"Draco!" Pansy said running into the room.

"Yes?" He said.

"Move it!" She ordered me and I got up and moved to another seat. I was not going to deal with her being mad at me so I just obeyed.

"Welcome to defense against the Dark arts," Snape said at the front of the class.

"Ugh I hate this class," Pansy whined.

"Excuse me Miss Parkinson," Snape said glaring at her.

"Sorry Professor Snape. It's not you or the class at all! The Gryffindor are just so annoying and it's so distracting," Pansy said and I rolled my eyes. This girl is unbelievable.

"10 points from Gryffindor for being distracting," Snape responded and pulled out his wand.

"That's unfair!" Granger called out.

"Another 5 points for talking back. Want anymore Miss Granger?" Snape asked and she silenced herself. She was right.

"Um Professor Snape?" I said, raising my hand shyly.

"Yes Miss Paxton?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I think that was unfair," I said and looked down. I hated getting yelled at.

"Paxton is a mudblood lover! Ew!" Pansy called out even though I was right next to her. The entire Slytherin side of the room burst out in laughter but the Gryffindor side stayed silent. I looked over to Granger who was staring at me. She mouthed a 'thank you' and looked back over to Snape waiting for him to teach.

Snape went on and on about vampires and I was so bored.

I looked over at Pansy and Draco who were drawing something. I couldn't tell what it was, but when Snape turned around they blew on it and it flew over to Granger. She opened it as soon as it landed in front of her and furrowed her eyebrows and looked back over to Draco and Pansy who were laughing at her. She crumbled up the parchment and took out a new piece.  I watched as she furiously stated scribbling on it and made it fly back to them.

Instead of it reaching the two laughing idiots next to me, Snape caught it mid air and opened it up. He read it and turned to Granger.

"Another 5 points from Gryffindor for passing notes in class," he said and threw the paper at Draco. He read it and laughed.

"This is so unfair!" I heard a couple of Gryffindor say and I completely agreed.

"Deal with it. Class dismissed," Snape said and everyone got up and left. I grabbed the paper that Draco and Pansy left behind and opened it up.

You two are ridiculous! Sending rude notes in class is not something a 6th year Hogwarts student should do. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Grow up.

I finished reading and looked up to see Granger right in front of me. We started walking and she said, "they called me a filthy mudblood who should keep her mouth shut." She was so upset.

"I'm sorry they're mean to you," I apologized.

"Aren't you friends with them?" She questioned me.

"Pansy just orders me around and Draco I'm stuck with," I said and hoped she wouldn't question me further.

"Thank you for trying to stick up for me."

"It was the right thing to do," she nodded and headed the opposite direction to catch up with her friends.

A/N: Long chapter today ! Hope you liked it :) Plz give me feedback! Also vote & follow if you like it so far.

Alsoooo, now I'm going to upload on Sundays too! So look out for new chapters on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays!!! -Nessa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.6K 37
WARNING: SEXUAL SCENES, STRONG LANGUAGE ! If you're too young please don't read this -=- Disclaimer: I don't own the original Harry Potter characters...
47.8K 1.4K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
shifted By <3

Fanfiction

114K 5K 79
a girl dreamt of attending hogwarts. one day she learns how to shift. shifting realities, to hogwarts. it's magical. it's everything she ever wanted...
157K 3.4K 15
After an argument between Harry and Ron and Hermione, Harry spends a lot of time on his own. One day, he can't stand being alone and out casted. He c...