The Slytherin Prince

By SlytherinPotterBlack

Harry Potter Badass/Slytherin AU What if Harry Potter had grown up differently at the Dursley's. What if he w... More

⁰⁰| Prologue
⁰¹| A Different Boy-Who-Lived
⁰²| Letter that Changed the World
⁰³| Goblins of Gringotts Wizard Bank
⁰⁴| Realising the truth of the World
⁰⁵| Family Reunion {Part 1}
⁰⁶| Family Reunion {Part 2}
⁰⁷| Family Reunion {Part 3}
⁰⁸| Moving in with Family {Part 1}
⁰⁹| Moving in with Family {Part 2}
¹⁰| We Have Questions
¹¹| A New Wand {Part 1}
¹²| A New Wand {Part 2}
¹³| Shopping Spree {Part 1}
¹⁴| Shopping Spree {Part 2}
¹⁵| A New Wand {Part 3}
¹⁶| Shopping Spree {Part 3}
¹⁷| Memories
¹⁸| Questions Answered {Part 1}
¹⁹| Questions Answered {Part 2}
²⁰| Questions Answered {Part 3}
²¹| I'm a Businessman.... no, Boy - I'm a Businessboy!
²²| Master of Death
²³| Lord of House Peverell
²⁵| Meeting My Grandma
²⁶| My Castle
²⁷| Boyfriend to Lover in a Day
²⁸| A True Lord {Part 1}
²⁹| A True Lord {Part2}
³⁰| Settling In and Investments
³¹| First Impression
³²| Visiting Azkaban {Part 1}
³³| Visiting Azkaban {Part 2}
³⁴| The Beetle {Part 1}
³⁵| The Beetle {Part 2}
³⁶| Anticipation and Training
³⁷| Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 1}
³⁸ |Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 2}
³⁹| The Day of The Wizengamot {Part 1}
⁴⁰| The Day of The Wizengamot {Part 2}
⁴¹| The Council {Part 1}
⁴²| The Council {Part 2}
⁴³| The Council {Part 3}
⁴⁴| The Minister {Part 1}

²⁴| Lord of Too Many Houses

12K 401 22
By SlytherinPotterBlack

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 2, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

I just stared and stared at the extravagant ring, dumbfounded, until, "Hey, Hadrian, remember to breathe. Deep breaths, love. That's it", he breathed into my ear softly. My breath hitched and my heart threatened to burst out of my chest when he said 'love'.

I turned around to give him a quick kiss on the cheek and turned back to the ring, ignoring the catcalls and my flushed cheeks. I stare at the Platinum band, studded with Emeralds and Diamonds. The large circular Emerald was cut like the stone from the Peverell Lordship ring, but the colouring much brighter. The other Emeralds and White Diamonds artfully arranged on the lavish metal. I gently pick up the work of art, obviously Goblin-made, and slid it onto my right ring finger.

Next, I picked up a Dark Royal Purple box made from Crushed Velvet. Its designs made of Black Gold. I wondered how the ring would look like if the box itself was decorated with Black Gold. I opened the box and saw the Black Lordship ring. It was artfully crafted ring, shaped like a skull wearing a crown. It was studded with skillfully cut Blue Diamonds. I stared at the ring dumbfounded. I knew that Blue Diamonds were one of the rarest gemstones in the world. But the ring had so many! 

The Blue Diamonds themselves must be more expensive than the total value of the Slytherin Lordship ring. I picked up the ring that probably costs more than most mansions. On the inside of the band were engraved words, 'Toujours Pur'. "Always Pure" I whispered. Aunt Cissa and Aunt Andro smiled at me and nodded. I slid the ring on my right index finger, slowly. It too glowed like the previous two, and its steady weight calmed my nerves.

"This ring-" said Ragnok, pointing to the Black Lordship ring on my hand, "-has powerful protections on it. It protects its wearer from all mind arts and compulsive spells and curses. This ranges from the most powerful of Imperius curses to even mild compulsion charms". I just nodded mutely and marvelled at the beauty of all three rings on my fingers. 

I ran my fingers over the smooth skull design of the Black Lordship ring and the smooth tops of the Emerald from both Peverell and Slytherin Lordship rings. I sighed contently and pulled the next box towards me. This box was made from a type of Black stone with hinges made of Silver. It looked really good but, had an air of mystery around it. When I opened the box, I was greeted with silk cushions, and resting on it was the Lordship ring of the House of the direct descendants of Salazar Slytherin.

On Black Silk cushions, was the Gaunt Lordship ring. It was made of Titanium coated with Black Rhodium, with seven skulls made of the same materials surrounded the ring on all sides. The skulls had Black Diamonds studded in their eye sockets. The ring looked spooky but majestic at the same time. I picked up the ring and carefully slid it onto my pinky. It too resized itself to fit me and glowed golden for a second before the warmth fille me for the fourth time.

But this time something seemed to happen to Mercury as well. She perked up and lifted her head from my shoulder and hissed in pleasure. She slithered down my right arm and stared at the Gaunt Lordship ring. She hissed once more and flicked her tongue out and lightly grazed the ring with it. She hissed once more and slithered back to my shoulder where she promptly fell back to sleep.

"What was that about?" I asked. "It is the power of the Gaunt Lordship ring" answered Griphook. "Any snake or serpent-like creature that is near the ring will become calm and docile for the wearer. It will be protective of the wearer if there is any danger it can sense. It basically makes any snake near the wearer into a bodyguard and a friend. Let it be a Basilisk or a Grass snake, they will protect and listen to you" he explained. 

"Woah!" said Draco, "That's so cool" he exclaimed.

I just laughed at his antics, storing what Killian had said to think about later. Dora, on the other hand, started tickling him. He started laughing and gasping. "Ahhh...Dora stop...hahhahHAhAH" he shouted as he fell off his chair. Neville and Susan giggled at him as he picked himself up, off the floor. I smirked and said in a snooty, posh voice, "Urgh, such uncouth behaviour, a disgrace to your family. Lord Malfoy, is this how you raise an Heir. Such plebian behaviour, your ancestors must be writhing in their graves" I exclaimed, scrunching my face up in mock disgust.

"Neville, Susan and Dora fell off their seats laughing and Draco was pouting at me. Lord Malfoy was smirking, "My apologies Lord Peverell Slytherin Black Gaunt Potter, I will do my best to discipline my Heir". I groaned at him using my full title and this time Draco giggled and stuck his tongue out at me.

But Aunt Cissa and Aunt Andro were looking devastated. Everyone could see the tears threatening to spill out of Aunt Andro's eyes. I turned to face them fully from where I sat on Killian's lap, "What is it Aunt Cissa? Is everything alright?" I asked, concerned. They just shook their heads and tried to smile but failed horribly. It came out as a sort of grimace. "It's nothing dear, we were just reminded of our Aunt. You sounded so much like her, it was too painful. She is your grandmother" she said smiling.

"But we haven't met her for years, a decade I believe. Her husband late Lord Black and Sirius' father just died, after her other son Regulus Black, Sirius' brother. Then Sirius got shipped off to Azkaban, without a trial. She was the only true Black left, everyone else was either dead, married off, disowned or imprisoned. But I don't think she knows that she has a grandchild" she said, smiling at the last bit.

"She was too lonely, all her closest relations were gone and she lost hope for her family. I don't even know if she's alive still. The last time I went to visit her she just screamed and raged at me to go away. At that time she was Dowager Black so I had to respect her orders as a scion of House Black, I am a Black by blood" she finished explaining.

I just sat there in shock, "Are you telling me that my grandmother is alive?!" I asked almost hysterical. "We're not sure Harry we were not allowed to go since she banned us and we had to obey her orders. But you can go now, you are Lord Black now. You don't have to listen to her" she explained softly, trying to calm me down.

I immediately jumped off of the couch from next to Killian, "Everyone stand up and join hands. Ragnok, Griphook, I know I cannot order you two around, and I am not. Both of you can join if you want". Both of them smirked but shook their heads. I turned to the others, "But I can order all of you around" I said to all of them who were taking their own sweet time. "Get here, now" I all but growled at them. That hurried everyone up, everyone formed a circle and joined hands. I looked to Killian and nodded, he smiled and melted into shadows, bringing us along with him.

"I was going to meet my grandmother" were my last thoughts as I melted into shadows

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 130 14
Being called the heir of Slytherin wasn't easy for Harry. Many students harassed him while the teacher stood by doing nothing to help. After months o...
283 13 4
New Summary-The summer before Harry's fourth year happens differently. It was not long after Sirius Black had been saved from a dementor kiss that he...
1.2K 28 10
Harry Potter did not have the best life growing up with the Dursleys. However, that all changed when he when he is nearly 10 and found out his herita...
1.9K 44 8
Being called the heir of Slytherin wasn't easy for Harry. Many students harassed him while the teacher stood by doing nothing to help. After months o...