Tutoring My Ex

By Zanzan112

"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised po... More

Tutoring My Ex
1 | Tom and Jerry
2 | Memory Lane
3 | Crybaby
4 | Personal Favors
5 | All Over Again
6 | Not So Secret Rendezvous
7 | Beneath
8 | Decisions
9 | Satiate
10 | Broken
11 | Saudade
12 | Desperate
13 | Obscure
14 | Jealousy
15 | Competition
16 | Pity Party
17 | Glass Slipper
18 | Living Nightmare
20 | Evolution
21 | Touch
22 | Fight
23 | Peek-A-Boo
24 | Blackmail
25 | Rainbow
26 | Almost Is Never Enough
27 | Kiss Me
28 | The Bait
29 | Playing With Fire
30 | Hunt
31 | Action
32 | Self-control
Epilogue | Finale

19 | Threat

19.3K 637 157
By Zanzan112

[ DELLA'S POV ]

When I was younger I thought the world revolved around me. There was positively no way my mom would remove herself from the spot she held beside me on the couch, doe eyes shining down with pure admiration. That despite dad's resolution not to miss the Super Bowl on television he'd had to, he couldn't resist my aura and so with the remote in his hand, had been frozen in time while I napped.

The truth to my beliefs was like being gifted the most flavoursome-looking candy only to find out it was as bitter as tonic. An act of treachery in colorful wrapping.

I would open my eyes to find that my mom had disappeared into the kitchen to fix us dinner. My dad would be seated somewhere close in proximity as he chatted excitedly about the New York Giants' win.

That was how I got my wake-up call to reality.

And as the days go by after my awful experience at Brian's party, I began to realize to a further extent how much the world could go on without me. While I was left spinning on my axis, internally struggling to find balance with life, no one seemed to care. It was almost as if nothing had happened.

I couldn't blame them though. 

There was no evidence that remained. No signs of the harassment I had undergone; all inclusive of the fading bruise on my temples, swollen lips and the slight limp in my walk. 

I was back to 'normal'.

Whatever that meant.

"I'm gonna chop off my dick and feed it to him so he chokes on his bullshit!"

I was on the sidewalk, gawking at the girl upon her exclamation at my revelation of the bad news.

People shook their heads at her crudeness, and in public at that, and created more distance as they walked past.

"Why not chop off his own dick?" Bailee removed the lollipop from her mouth with a confused tilt of her head. 

She was not even the slightest bit moved by Ashley's scarily blunt words.

"Because I'll need to use that to shove so far up his ass he'll start seeing Della as the Saviour and beg for forgiveness."

The enlightened blonde 'ahhh'ed.

She resumed devouring her sweets. I turned my focus to Ashley who was kicking the loosened cobblestones out her way like a madwoman.

"Um, Ash?"

She looked up at the sound of my voice, her feet stopping their assault. She blew out a breath and I was afraid she'd start shouting obscenities.

"Are you okay?" I queried cautiously.

She let out a heavy sigh, her eyes rolling back in her head.

Oh no.

Here it came.

I braced myself for the fit she was about to throw but instead I found myself being embraced.

"Isn't that something I should be asking you?" She mumbled, squishing me into a hug.

My arms wrapped around her awkwardly. 

Ashley was most certainly not the hugging type. I didn't know what to do with this sudden display of affection.

When she felt wetness on her shoulder, she pulled away and held me at arm's length. 

"Don't cry, jerkface," she warned seriously. "Or else you'll make me cry."

"I'd advise you to listen to her. Witnessing a Cruella De Veil inspired makeup disaster is not eye catching. It just makes you want to gorge them out."

I choked up on laughter.

I wasn't even aware of crying.

Wiping at my eyes, I cleared my throat. "I'm not crying." 

"Your lies are as pathetic as your hugs." Ashley scoffed.

I frowned when she handed me a ten dollar bill. She had pushed it so far into her purse that the poor thing had been wrinkled. 

"Go buy yourself a cone and cheer up," She gestured to the ice cream parlor we stood beside with a jerk of her head.

I stood there standing and unable to move.

"B, help her will you?" 

"I would, really. I would but you see the thing is...I don't want to go inside and be tempted."

"It's not like you're obese and need the Hunger Games prep team to do overtime on you," Ashley reprimanded. 

Bailee gasped.

"Now go and buy her some ice cream so that she can stop her whining."

"I wasn't whining."

"Do you want the goddamn ice cream or not?" She finally snapped, facing me with wild eyes.

"Yes please."

Ashley was a freak. On days like this that had everyone else chilly and heading to get a nice, hot chocolate or coffee, she was treating me to ice cream. Bailee tugged me inside the parlor. When we reached the glass front she stopped, allowing us to stare at all the flavours. There weren't just all the flavours, but all the possible combinations. The array put my mind into a happy tingle of possibilities.

"What would you like?" The pretty lady at the counter asked.

Bailee and I looked to each other with childlike grins.

A few minutes later we had a large strawberry sundae between us and two long handled spoons. After one bite all was forgiven, even in its coldness the reality was utter bliss.

"Happy?" Ashley smirked as soon as she saw us.

Her behaviour was similar to that of a nanny who had just allowed for her kids to watch television after their bedtime. Guilty but pleased.

I could relate to the guilty pleasure. Mainly because of the delicious creamy goodness in my hand.

"Ecstatic." I moaned after another spoon.

It tasted impossibly good and for a moment, however fleeting it was, made me forget about my worries.

The grim thoughts that haunted my mind were put on pause as I lost myself in the treat.

It was almost as if it was planned for as soon as I threw away the plastic container, I caught sight of him from the corner of my eyes.

I didn't know if it had to do with my senses that were acute to danger or because of the two girls' abrupt halt but there he stood.

Damien Thornton.

At first his eyes were cast to the earthen floor and then he seemed to suddenly realize Brian who was in his company had stopped, right before me. He lifted his head. His face reflected the same horror as mine.

I couldn't help it.

I fled.

I heard the girls' voice mixed with Brian's shouting after me but I had already bent the corner. 

Distance was all that mattered. 

I wasn't stopping for anything and I sure as hell wasn't stopping my feet because of my lack of knowledge about where I was headed. My eyes stayed glued to the path before me.

Run, run, run.

He was a threat to my sanity. Seeing him had totally shattered all hopes of things becoming better. 

They will never be better, I realized.

Not while he was still around.

For me to see him give me those eyes that contrasted the crazed ones that inflicted me pain...I really couldn't do it.

No matter how influenced he was, whether it was by alcohol or his rage, he still had committed the crime of harming me.

And I didn't think I could ever forgive him for that.

My breathing began to slow and I leaned my back against the wall. Hands reaching up to curl my t-shirt's collar because of the shock and lack of oxygen, I fell into a stoop on the pavement.

I wished Luca was here.

In times like these I needed him the most.

I needed him to help me breathe.

I didn't know how long it took me, but with mind-consuming thoughts of Luca reassuring me I managed to relax.

A hand landed on my shoulder and I screamed out in fright.

Oh god no!

"Chill, it's just me." Said a familiar voice. 

A voice that didn't belong to the boy I was avoiding.

I released a sigh of relief at Brian's face.

"Are you alright?" He questioned as he offered me a hand.

I took it hesitantly after telling myself he wasn't the enemy just because he was associated with him.

"I'm fine."

Brian wasn't too convinced and insisted on buying me a drink to cool down. He said I looked like I had just run a marathon and with the perspiration that soaked through my shirt I could just imagine how much of a hot mess I looked like.

As I watched the sun begin to set from the small, outdoor beverage shop I let out a heavy sigh and hugged my knees closer to my chest, only focusing back on reality when I felt something being draped over my shoulders. 

"You know it's only November right? You could catch a cold wearing that kind of outfit out here." Someone spoke as they placed down two drinks. I looked down at my thin clothes and back at Brian.

"You know you could get cancer from sucking on those things right?" I retorted, at the boy who'd just lit the cigarette.

"Touché." He chuckled, taking another drag before blowing it in my direction making me cringe at the smell. 

He laughed at my disgusted expression before coming to take a seat beside me. "I'm sorry about what happened over the weekend." His face had suddenly turned deprecatory. 

My heart stopped at the mention of the horrific event.

"If it makes you feel better Damien said he was on some stuff and was totally out of it. He really didn't mean to hurt you."

Pursing my lips, I glanced at Brian before quickly pulling the cigarette from his lips and promptly snuffing it under my shoes. "Thanks for the jacket," Was the only thing said. I got up and leisurely walked in the direction of the bus stop I had passed earlier on.

"No problem," the latter muttered as he stared dejectedly at the smoldering cylinder on the cement.

I collapsed into a pool of nerves as soon as I was out of his line of sight. "Gosh, I thought my heart was gonna fall out of my ass."

"That's a sight I'd pay cash to see."

My head snapped up to see Ashley.

"Would you really?" I laughed, now bashful at her presence.

She kicked me gently on the arm with her leather boots. "No dumbass. Now get up, won't you. You look like a homeless person."

I brushed at my clothes and palms. 

"And why did you run away earlier? It's not like you did anything wrong, he did."

"You don't have to remind me, Ash."

"Then why..."

"'Cause I'm scared alright? I know it's dumb and I should stand up to him but I just don't think I can do that right now okay? Satisfied?"

She ran a hand through her dark hair, entangling it with her fingers for a moment before she tugged them out frustratedly. "Bailee's waiting on us." Was all she said in return.

I huffed at her giving me such an easy way out.

It only made me feel more of a coward than I already was.

***

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Do you think Della should forgive Damien for what he did? Or should she confront him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...
14.1K 793 45
"You look so gorgeous, ravishing and smashing Mackenna." He groaned and dipped his face into my neck. The way he said my name was so hot, sexy and da...
2.2M 73.6K 45
It took every ounce of my willpower not to reciprocate his kiss. Our lips moved in flawless synchrony. I trembled as I felt his tongue tracing my low...
2.3K 77 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...