Tutoring My Ex

By Zanzan112

"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised po... More

Tutoring My Ex
1 | Tom and Jerry
2 | Memory Lane
3 | Crybaby
4 | Personal Favors
5 | All Over Again
6 | Not So Secret Rendezvous
7 | Beneath
8 | Decisions
9 | Satiate
10 | Broken
11 | Saudade
12 | Desperate
13 | Obscure
14 | Jealousy
15 | Competition
16 | Pity Party
18 | Living Nightmare
19 | Threat
20 | Evolution
21 | Touch
22 | Fight
23 | Peek-A-Boo
24 | Blackmail
25 | Rainbow
26 | Almost Is Never Enough
27 | Kiss Me
28 | The Bait
29 | Playing With Fire
30 | Hunt
31 | Action
32 | Self-control
Epilogue | Finale

17 | Glass Slipper

19.8K 768 186
By Zanzan112

Chapter track: Here by Alessia Cara.

[ DELLA'S POV ]

I had no clue why I was here. Well, that was partially a lie, I did. It was because of two persuasive friends of mine. Bailee had begged Ashley to go to this crazy house party with us after I accidentally brought up my invitation. She wanted to meet some hot guy she had been flirting with on Facebook. Though I knew deep down she wanted to see some signs of jealousy coming from Ashley who - as expected - disappointed her with a showcase of no emotions. I was adamant that I wasn't attending to start with, but she slowly pecked away at me, guilt tripping me into coming with her. That I should think of Brian and his consideration of inviting me. And for whatever reason, Ashley ended up agreeing too.

"Please, pretty please, don't you want to let loose for once in your life?" She had pouted. 

"Oh god, alright, I'll go! If it makes you so damn happy." I yelled, finally giving in. 

Truth be told, a part of me was curious. I wanted to see if the hype given to parties was well deserved.

"Sweet! I can't wait for tonight! We're gonna have so much fun!" she squealed. 

But the reality was that as soon as we arrived she had made a beeline for the living room with Ashley in hand and they now had disappeared somewhere. 

My hands couldn't stop pulling at the short red dress I wore. I felt naked. Bailee's makeover transformed me into a girl that was my polar opposite - a seductress.

I sighed, pressing my head back against the sofa I was on and clutched my drink. I swirled it with a frown. The color was weird. 

Was this how it was going to be like for the rest of the night? I, the abandoned friend, sitting by herself in the corner like a total loser while everyone was making the most of the night? 

Without much thought I took a sip from my cup as a depressing cloud hung over my head regardless of the flashing lights all around. I winced when I felt the burn hit the back of my throat as I swallowed. 

Gross. 

Why did I even take this up in the first place? I didn't even fancy drinking that much.

My skin suddenly started to tingle and my eyes burned like it never did before. My surroundings faded and returned back to normal as my stomach did somersaults. God, I wasn't feeling too great at the moment.

Goosebumps started to form on my arms, the tell-tale signs that I was being watched. I looked up across the room and met the eyes of a guy. Usually, I would look away, embarrassed that I had just caught someone watching me - and he was watching me; watching me with such an intensity that I couldn't break eye contact. 

Shouldn't he be the one feeling embarrassed? I mean, he had just been caught staring so brazenly and he still wasn't affected. 

I took in his appearance and noticed that his hair was styled nicely and a few strands fell in front of his eyes. Those eyes... He was dressed borderline casual and elegant in black jeans with a button up shirt. He managed to resemble a model. 

He was looking at me still, even while his friends stood around and spoke to him, nodding every now and then or murmuring simple words in agreement with them. Then I saw him excuse himself and came over to where I was.

My heartbeat sped up at his presence no matter how slight it was and I mentally beat myself up, as I wondered why I hadn't looked away. He landed on the sofa next to me and a surprised 'What are you doing here?' was whisper-yelled in my ear.

I rubbed at my eyes before I looked beside me but my vision was lacking. Once again there was nothing but a big blur but somehow his voice was familiar. Being out of it though I was unable to tell why that was so.

"P-Party," Was the only response I could manage. I winced when it came out in the disgusting form of a burp.

I heard him chuckling.

"What have you been drinking- Della?" 

The noise around me began to flood my ears again and I turned my head in the direction of the sound of my name.

"Do you...do you know me?" Ugh, why did my words come out all slurred?

"Oh wow," He blew out. "You've obviously had way too much to drink. Let's get you out of here." Chuckling, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I froze for a moment, but relaxed when I decided I liked the feeling. He smelled nice. 

As he helped me up I wanted to ask who he was but whatever that left my mouth was incoherent and followed by his polite reassurances. 

A door knob being turned gave a familiar click and I became panicky. What if he was going to take advantage of me? I found it creepy how he knew my name after having stared at me from across the room for so long?

Did I have a stalker I knew nothing about? 

Well do people normally know that they have a stalker, Della?

Shut up.

This is not the time for your snarky retorts.

My eyes squinted and adjusted to the bright light of the room I was ushered into. It was a bedroom.

I turned on my heels and came face to face with the clear outline of somebody that I, fortunately, knew.

"Hi," I smiled sheepishly, meeting blue eyes with a guy with dark hair, who was obviously scolding me because I had too much to drink.

"Why would you get so wasted without anyone next to you? You didn't even tell me you were coming here in the first place. Do you know how scary places like these can get-"

Luca's gaze softened as a hiccup left me during his speech. I covered my mouth and looked up with guilt. "Sorry."

I was pretty sure he was angry at me. I wondered what I could do to make that not be the case.

However, before the thought had time to fully form in my head, he was pulling my hands away from my mouth and placing them against my sides. I waited with big eyes.

His fingers pinched my cheeks teasingly. "Argh...you should be grateful that you're so damn cute," And with that he rummaged through the room and when he apparently didn't find what he was looking for he turned back to me.

"Stay here for a second. I'll go and check the bathroom for some pills you can take to ease the pain and get you a glass of water. I can't believe you managed to have your drink be manipulated with."

"Twas not my fault..."

"I know," he sighed then swiftly pecked my forehead. 

"Stay here." He ordered once again before leaving out the door.

I took a seat on the bed flopping backwards at the heightening headache. Whoever did this to me was so cruel.

Oh no! What if someone else gets tricked into drinking it too?

"I need to go and warn them." I dragged myself out of bed and made my way out the room.

Biggest mistake of my life.

***

I woke up to a phone ringing. It was an unfamiliar tone. I rolled on the plushy bed I have no recollection of getting into. I tensed immediately. Damien's face held a mischievous smile and it gave me the creeps.

Ugh! Why did I feel like I had been hit over the head with a baseball bat?

"Why...What am I doing in here?" 

"Did you rest well?" He asked, ignoring me completely.

Swinging my feet off the bed, I attempted to walk across the room but stumbled, falling flat on my face. My feet were tied together in a knot.

My eyes flashed up to him.

"Just so that you don't run away," he informed me.

I rolled into a seating position as my heart hammered widely within my chest. "Why are you doing this?" 

He studied me instead on answering.

"Why are you doing this goddammit!" I swung my freed hands at him.

"Feisty," he commented and that was when I realized he wasn't sober.

Upon analyzing him for a moment I was convinced. His bloodshot eyes and disheveled appearance said it all.

"I like it." He grinned.

A shiver went down my spine. 

He noticed it.

A smile crept over his features as his hand ran first down my thigh and then up to my chest. I wiggled as I tried to get his filthy paws off me.

Retreating he put up his hands in mock surrender. "Okayyy...I won't touch you."

He stood up and turned his back to me as he searched for something on the dresser. I screamed as soon as I saw him press record on his phone.

There was no hesitancy when he backhanded me. "Shut up, you gold digging bitch." He hissed, saliva reaching my face.

My head twisted to the side at the painful impact. I couldn't even afford to let out the shout that wanted to escape me.

I was truly terrified now.

"Look at the camera," he cooed. 

I refused to do as he asked. 

"I said look at it!" I felt his fingers dig into my cheek, the four ovals that would remain and probably discolor my skin. The scream was stifled. I could hear him panting, the pleasure in his breath, like an animal in heat. "Yes, that's it. Look."

The tears couldn't help but fall from my eyes as I complied. He was videoing my suffering. Just like a psychopath would. All of it was too much for me to take in. 

The phone was pointed at him as he spoke rapidly. "See Luca? Not so much of a big shot now are you? Couldn't even save your girl from being exposed like this," he ripped at my shirt, revealing my bra and I shrieked in surprise. 

"Figures," he winked. "Sluts never do know how to keep their clothes on."

"He's gonna find out," I panted. "He's gonna find out it's you."

"Not if I edit out my voice and face, sweetheart."

"You're crazy!" I spat in his face. Literally.

And then he did the most disgusting thing. His tongue slithered out and licked the residue away. "They say the best people are."

I was gagging at what he had done. I always knew there was something off about Damien but I didn't think it exceeded anything more than jealousy of Luca. But this...this was insanity at its finest.

I slapped it as he continued pushing the device into my face.

It fell to the floor and he bent down for it. 

I took this opportunity to push myself up using my hands. He was late in realizing and when he tried to get back up I kicked him back down. 

Groaning, he grabbed after me but missed as I hopped towards the door. My wrist wrapped around the door knob and swung it open but a tug of my hair pulled me back.

I yelled out at the searing pain on my scalp.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Leave. Me. Alone." I gritted between my teeth as I slapped him non-stop.

He had me in a vice-like grip then tossed me to the floor.

I scrambled backwards.

His dark eyes followed me.

Just as his feet came up to deliver a blow to my stomach he was whirled around roughly. 

Brian and Luca stood by the entrance with disbelieving expressions.

Before my mind could catch up to what was happening Luca was on top of Damien with his hands latched around Damien's neck.

Luca lifted his head and went to slam it down. For a second I feared for his head's contact with the concrete. I was relieved when Luca gripped him by the collar quickly instead and flung him against the wall.

A bone-cracking punch was delivered to Damien's jaw causing him to grunt. 

"Luca!" I screamed and climbed to my feet.

Stumbling because of my lack in recovery, I ordered Brian, "Stop him!"

He tore Luca off the boy right after he delivered another one of his fists to his bloody face.

"Oh my god," I whimpered at the awful sight.

Luca's murderous eyes found mine. They quelled as he took steps in embracing me.

"I'm so sorry, Della." 

I shook my head. The feeling of being in his comforting arms made me want to cry again.

Damien's crumpled body laid on the floor and Brian leaned down to hold out his hand to Damien to help him out.

Luca's mouth curled up at the act.

"Why'd you do that to her man?"

There was no remorse in his eyes.

"She deserves it."

Luca lunged himself at him once again but Brian blocked his path. "You'll kill him at this rate!" He warned.

"Like I care!" Luca spat.

I stood there frozen. I couldn't fathom the endless loathe that swirled around in Damien's eyes. What have I ever done to deserve this? The question was answered though. I was involved with Luca. And maybe he viewed me as one of his weaknesses so he exploited that. Hurting me was equivalent to hurting Luca. It was all too simple. Simply diabolical.

How long must he have kept this all inside?

Obviously long enough to be desperate and use an innocent person in his schemes.

"Get Della out of here," Brian told Luca. He was busy shooting bullets at a smug looking Damien. "Now!"

Luca's arm slid around my waist and hurried me out the room. His hold was gentle in comparison to the rage that he was experiencing. 

Everyone stared as we exited the party and I wondered if my face had swollen already. I could barely feel anything anymore. I guess it had to do with the trace of alcohol still present in my system.

He opened the car door and helped me inside. I watched him jog around and enter.

His true feelings were displayed with how speedily he drove the car. 

"I'm sorry I came out of the room," I apologized meekly.

"What were you thinking?" He said quietly but forcefully.

"I-I don't know," I stammered. "I just felt this urge to leave and I did."

"So my concern means nothing to you?"

"I never said that."

"You don't have to be okay?" His voice raised. "I told you to stay in the room, multiple times, and what the fuck did you do? You didn't listen, you never do! And look what happened to you because of your stubbornness."

"Why do I always have to listen to what you have to say!"

"It's not about following my rules, Della. We're way past that. I was trying to keep you away from assholes like Damien. I already told you that some messed up people come to these parties but you didn't take heed."

"So it's my fault that you have terrible taste in friends?"

He glanced at me heatedly. "Don't."

I kept my mouth shut.

He ran his hand over his face in frustration. 

I sighed.

I couldn't even be angry at him. He was right. This all wouldn't have happened if I had stayed in the room like he'd told me to.

Anger radiated from him to the point where it was stifling in the enclosed space. 

I surprised him by placing my hand over his free one, reflexively he jumped. He tilted his head at me in confusion before his shoulders relaxed. He knew what I was saying without actually saying it.

I'm sorry.

"Just try and get some sleep." He advised.

"Okay."

***

A/N: Thoughts on this chapter???

Show me some love as usual and vote & comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.5K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
2.1K 76 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
668K 22.9K 57
Have you ever had a crush on somebody you knew you never had a chance with? It sucks right, try crushing on the same boy since the 8th grade. When s...
42.7K 909 28
When Noelle Sanchez meets Luca Costello at her first high school party she doesn't expect to ever talk to him again but when she ends up becoming bes...