The Next Step: Season 7 Rewri...

Por zozoey_05

As the next step has just won regionals, they advance to nationals. But, a huge opportunity comes up with Dan... Más

A/N + Disclaimer.
Chapter 1: "See You Later"
Chapter 2: Challenge Days
Chapter 3: Break up, Make up
Chapter 4: Midnight Mayhem
Chapter 5: Razzle Dazzle, The Show Begins
Chapter 6: Revelations and Realisations
Chapter 7: What's Best for You
Chapter 8: Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 10: Apology Accepted
Chapter 11: Woke Up In Rome
Chapter 12: B Troupe, Best Troupe
Chapter 13: Ought to Get the Spot
Chapter 14: The Bros... And A Gal?
Chapter 15: The Perfect Pairs
Chapter 16: Last Minute
Chapter 17: Room Service
Chapter 18: Pre-Dance Stress
Chapter 19: Words of Encouragement
Chapter 20: Baby Won't You Come Back Soon
Chapter 21: The Last Thread
Chapter 22: The Next Step
Chapter 23: Epilogue
Thank You
Special: See You Again
It's Out!!!

Chapter 9: The Goodbye Girl

788 14 14
Por zozoey_05

Empire part 3 plays in studio a. Richelle's dancing, and reminiscing on her times at TNS.

Richelle:

So. This is it. My last dance at TNS. I've accomplished quite a bit since I've been here. It might not have been what I wanted completely, but I'm still satisfied about how far I've come. From being on j troupe, to not making a troupe, to finally making it but losing regionals. From my snapping hip syndrome, to overthrowing Ms Angela, to not getting the recognition I wanted and being overlooked by Michelle and Emily, and then finally getting the face of absolute dance.

This season, I finally got somewhere. But it's too late. A troupe want to compete at Dancemania, and Nationals is long gone. It's a sign. It's a sign that the next step's not for me anymore. I've already texted Noah about the offer. I'll be dancing with the company next week. I've already finished my final exams, and the scores are fine.

I don't want to part with TNS yet, but I know that this will benefit me much more in the long run. And I don't want to regret missing out on this decision in the future, so I'm going to just go for it with the typical Richelle confidence and sass. Noah will be there, and I trust him.

I've written down the list of dancers going to Dancemania already. Summer agreed to taking my spot, as Cleo was adamant she preferred nationals. I don't know what she's going to do, but I can't risk not having Dancemania, nationals, or the offer. I just hope a troupe will understand why I'm leaving. Not that I need their approval, but just because I don't want to leave my home on a bad note.

Emily:

Richelle has just emailed Nick and I the list of dancers who are staying on a troupe for a chance to compete on Dancemania. I haven't read it yet, and nor has Nick. We want everyone to be there when we read out that list and make it official.

I'm in studio one's office, printing out the official documents for all the dancers who want to compete on Dancemania, and the other documents for nationals. There are parental consent forms for everyone who still is under the age of 18, and warranties and disclosure forms. I'm glad Nick's the one who has to do the paperwork, and not me. He's the one with a PHD in business management after all.

A large part of me still wants a troupe to compete at nationals. Maybe it's because I never fulfilled that dream after getting injured at the semifinals. Or maybe it's because I think nationals gives them more opportunities to dance. But if a troupe wants to compete at Dancemania, they have the right to pick that, and I have to respect their decision.

Nick:

I'm glad the dancers have all deliberated on their decisions. I just hope they choose Dancemania. After all, who wouldn't want to be on national television, and compete on one of the best dance shows ever?

I've called all of the a troupe dancers into studio a. Once Emily gets here from printing out all of the documents, we can finally announce who's decided what. If the majority of dancers decide they want to compete on Dancemania, then we'll be attending. If not, we'll compete at nationals. That's why I even got Cleo here. She's the alternate, and she can still dance if we go to nationals.

Oh, Emily's here. Time to announce the list of dancers, I suppose. I open my inbox and start reading out the names.

Ozzy:

"Amy, Finn, Heathcliff, Henry, Kenzie, Kingston, Lily, Ozzy, Piper, and... Summer?"

Summer? Where's Richelle's name on the list. Did she decide to take the offer? I really hope she did. I'm looking around for Richelle, but she's not in the studio. How strange. She's always the first to get here. All the other a troupers are looking around too. I think everyone's confused. I know I'd be, but Riri already told me about the offer. I just wonder where she is.

Richelle:

I'm waiting outside of studio a with Summer. Nick lists out all of the dancers, and I can hear the confusion when he says Summer's name instead of mine. Before the team can cause too much of a ruckus, I nod to Summer, indicating that we should go in.

Amy:

I can't believe Richelle's name isn't on the list. What's happening. And why's Summer on the list? Isn't she dancing with b troupe right now? Where is Richelle anyways?

Oh speak of the devil. There they... both are? Since when were Richelle and Summer friendly towards each other? This is really confusing.

"So, as you can probably tell by now, I won't be competing at Dancemania. I won't even be competing at nationals."

Richelle? Not competing? This is really strange. Did something happen while I was gone?

Richelle:

This is it. Time to announce it.

"I'm going to be joining Noah." I tell them. There are audible whispers and gasps around the room, so I wait for them to quiet down.

"Since Noah, the idiot he is, decided to submit our two regionals duets for his audition, the company found me and wanted me to join too. I was planning to accept the offer maybe after nationals, but since you guys are competing at Dancemania, I'm going to take his offer. I'll be dancing with them next week."

There's more talking and whispering. I can't tell if the team's judging me, or if they're happy or shocked. But I'm glad I finally told them. They seem to talk for forever, so I shush them.

"Summer over here will be taking my place. I trust her to do the best she can. She might not have had a good audition, but there's a reason she was a front row dancer at regionals. I've already talked to Cleo, and she would rather compete at nationals, so I gave the opportunity to Summer.

Summer:

I know that a troupe might not accept me as one of them yet. I haven't been here for a while, and things have changed. I know Lily's joined, and so has Heathcliff.

I just hope I get to dance with them. When Richelle asked me if I wanted to compete on Dancemania, I immediately thought of rejoining the a troupe family. Plus, I didn't want them to be left in a pinch if Richelle wasn't there to compete with them.

Piper:

I should've known Richelle would take the opportunity to join Noah after the Dancemania offer. I don't mind that she's leaving. Of course, I'm going to miss her so much, but she's needed elsewhere, and I'm okay with that. She's done so much for the team, so I'm happy that she's finally doing something for herself. I'm going to have to plan a leaving party for her though. It's only right, as we did that for Michelle and Noah too. I whisper that to Amy, and she agrees. I would've told Finn too, but I'd honestly prefer to keep ignoring him until my feelings go away.

I look around at a troupe, and they all share the same look. They're all okay with Richelle leaving. Even Ozzy, surprisingly. I guess he really does love her if he's willing to let her go.

Emily:

I can't believe Richelle's leaving. She's my last link to the previous next step. Everyone's gone now. Noah, Michelle, Riley. They've all moved on to do better things. Of course, I'm mad at her for not telling me, but I can't blame her. Since she was overlooked last season by Michelle and I, we haven't talked properly since.

I look at her now, and she's still the sassy little j trouper who's always determined to get what she wants. But she's also so much more mature. I'm going to miss her so much, but I'm delighted that she got the opportunity to dance at a prestigious company, like she deserves.

Cleo:

Ugh. A troupe decided to go to Dancemania. Of course, they haven't thought about me. I can't go to Dancemania, and nor do I want to. I auditioned here for nationals, and now I can't even go.

I walk out of the room, unnoticed by everyone. I'm walking towards the next steep, as I bump into Jude.

Jude:

Cleo seems really upset about something. I hope nothing's happened. I don't want her to suffer. I think I like her, but I don't know if she likes me, or if she's even into girls. But I have to push those feelings aside. She's hurt about something, so I need to comfort her.

"Hey Cleo, what's up."

"A troupe chose Dancemania. So now I can't compete at nationals, or even go to Dancemania."

"That's a shame. You're a really talented dancer. I can't believe they didn't consider you when making that decision."

"Thanks, I guess."

"You know, you're always welcome on b troupe. We may not be as competitive as a troupe, but we've still got some really good dancers."

I smile, and leave her to think about it. I've got b troupe rehearsals in a couple minutes anyways, and I don't want to be late.

Cleo:

Jude's really nice to give me the offer. Maybe I can join b troupe. Maybe b troupe can go to nationals for the next step. That actually isn't such a bad idea. And this way I get to dance with Jude.

Heathcliff:

Piper and Ozzy are leading a preparation for Richelle's leaving party. Normally, I wouldn't take Oswald seriously, but Richelle is a TNS legend, whether she considers herself one or not. I always admired her drive when I was in j troupe and b troupe.

I don't think Richelle knows about the party. She's gone to say goodbye to the j troupers, as she has always helped them and taught their classes. I don't think she's going to completely leave though. Any chance she gets, I bet she'll be back. She's super strict and all, but I know she has a softer spot with j troupers. I would know. She's taught me before.

Piper:

Everything has to be perfect for this goodbye party. I can't worry about Finn right now. I can tell he's trying to talk to me, but I ignore him in favour of talking to Amy about snack preparations. Eventually, she has to go get Nick to order pizza though, and I'm left here by myself.

He walks up to me, and strikes up some small talk. I can't let myself get distracted though, so I dismiss him quickly and grab some decorations.

Finn:

I don't know what I've done to make Piper ignore me. I hope I haven't ruined anything between us. She seems stressed about this whole goodbye ordeal though, so I don't press her. I know she's good friends with Richelle and wants everything to go right.

Richelle:

I've just finished saying goodbye to the j troupers. I've promised them I'll be back as soon as possible, but there still are tears. Don't tell anyone, but I have a soft spot for little kids. I absolutely cannot handle it when they start crying. It makes me go all mama bear mode. I guess I've developed that after so many years of teaching j troupe.

I'm headed back to studio one to say my last goodbyes to a troupe. I enter the studio, when I'm scared with some party horns and confetti? Oh of course. Typical A troupe. They threw a party for my leaving. I can't help but smile at this. Dammit Richelle. No more sappiness and smiling for the next month. This is too much.

They all smile at me, and give me hugs. Now, I'm not really much of a hug person, but they can have this. Just this once.

Henry:

The party's not as long as Michelle and Noah's, as it was late when we started planning it. But we're still going to make the most of it. WE were originally going to try do some iconic Richelle dances, but none of us can really do what she does. So, we settled for doing our best imitations of her. I fail at doing her crazy versions of her 540s, and Kenzie flops down after 3 front aerials. Yeah nobody can do 12 like Richelle can.

Richelle:

I'm happy that a troupe aren't upset or mad that I'm leaving, and I'm happy I get to have a nice time with them before I leave. As they're trying to imitate me, Kenzie pulls me aside.

"You know, with you gone, I can finally be the best dancer on a troupe."

"Oh so you admit that I'm better?"

"Nope. Just saying that it's easier for me now."

We both giggle and hug each other. We're competitive, but in the end, we're still good friends. Just like Jacquie and I.

"Keep in touch, okay?"

"You've got it."

Ozzy:

The party's ending, and a troupe are all heading home. Piper offered to pack up, and Finn decided that he would help, much to her horror. We all laughed at the look on her face. Maybe those two will finally admit that there's something happening between them. Even I'm not that oblivious. Jeez. There's enough sexual tension between them to make Richelle uncomfortable. And it takes a lot to make Riri uncomfortable.

Speaking of Riri, there's one thing I want to do before she leaves. I walk over to her, and give her a big hug. Then I press a kiss onto her cheek. Now, my life is complete. And oh my god, did she blush? Or was that my imagination?

"Come back to visit me, okay Riri." I whisper to her.

"Okay." She whispers back.

We smile, and part ways. But I know that I'll be seeing her again soon.

Finn:

Now that It's just pipes and I at the studio, I can finally confront her.

"Pipes, what's up? Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? If I have, please tell me what so I can fix it. I promise I'll make it up, whatever I did."

She looks stressed for a moment, and is definitely doing her internal debating. I know she's deliberating telling me something, but what?

"IreallylikeyoubutI'mscaredyoudon'tlikemeandIdon'twanttomessupanything."

Wait. Did I hear that right? Pipes. Likes. Me. Back? Someone pinch me, this has to be a dream. I'm so shocked I can't say anything.

Piper:

Oh god. I told him. I bet he doesn't like me. Dammit piper. Why did you have to mess this up again. I start to hyperventilate and leave the room, but he pulls me back and we're looking into each other's eyes.

He pulls me into a soft kiss. Is this really happening?

Eventually, we part. He smirks, and remarks.

"It's about time you reciprocated those feelings. Took you long enough. I've been waiting for months."

"I'm sorry Finny. I didn't even admit it to myself until a couple nights ago."

"I'm joking, Pipes. So, would you like to go on a date with me? As my genuine girlfriend."

"I'd love to."

So maybe admitting that I liked him wasn't such a bad idea after all. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

34.7K 726 34
Something bad happens causing Richelle to leave the Next Step and Toronto all together. The Next Step are left shattered, some more than others. What...
43.4K 2.1K 59
'Why does everything keep reminding me of the past? I don't want a repeat and I certainly don't want to be reminded. It hurts too much. One more thin...
4K 47 30
With having a regional's win under their belts once more, can they come together to defeat the Gemini's once more at Nationals? Or will the tension b...
106K 2.3K 65
Richelle and Noah are in A troupe. But when Richelle gets cut from A troupe and goes down to B troupe, what will Noah do? How will Richelle act about...