The feisty, the cocky, and th...

By Swissgirl10

Louis Tomlinson is my best friend. Yeah, that guy from One Direction. Only problem? He and I haven't spoken i... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.

Chapter 20.

1.4K 45 37
By Swissgirl10

Harry’s POV

I ran farther into the forest.

I stopped when I nearly tripped over something sticking out of the muddy ground. I looked down and saw a wet muddy blob covering my dirty shoes.

I picked it up and saw a familiar label sewn onto it. ‘TOMS’ was visible under a layer of the muck.

“Louis!” my voice howled with the crazy wind. I listened closely for a familiar answer I would get from Louis. “LOUIS!!” I yelled louder but my voice just mixed with the wind.

“Help……” a faint voice went with the wind. I widened my eyes to try to see in the dark night. It was well past midnight right now probably rolling into 1 am. “….me…” was heard after I searched the area.

I was well into the forest. I had been running through this terrible maze of trees and braches for about an hour. I was filthy, I was cold, and I was heartbroken.

I needed Caroline to be okay. I needed her to be alive still. I didn’t know what was going on but I just needed to know that she was okay.

I hated how Louis knew about my true feelings for Caroline. No one ever knew who I liked….well except for when I dated them of course. I just liked keeping those things to myself.

“Caroline?” I whisper out. The wind picked up and I heard that same faint voice.

“Harry…” they said. “…help me…”

“Caroline!” I yelled out running forward. I ran farther into the nightmare I was experiencing.

Then I fell.

Caroline’s POV

“Louis?!” I screamed when I was jolted awake.

Thunder cracked above me and I screamed. Lightning lit up the night sky but no, it wasn’t starry, it was horrifying. The trees shook, the rain was falling nonstop. I felt like I was dying inside.

“Caroline?” I heard a voice. I sat up quickly as the world spun.

“Harry?” I whispered my voice extremely hoarse and sore. I was sick still. Just great.

“CAROLINE?!!” I heard the frantic voice call again. It was Harry, I knew it was him. His voice was deep and husky like it always was. But now….now it was scared and worried. I made him scared and worried.

“Harry?! Help me!” the wind howled as I yelled for him.

How did he get here?

How did he find me?

Did Louis tell him?

How did I get here?!

“Caroline?!” I hear. I see a figure tower over me oblivious to the fact that I’m lying curled up in a ball on the ground. I scream my lungs off when I see the figure walk forward and trip over me.

“AHHHH!!!” I shrieked loudly.

The figure fell in back of me and I flinched away feeling pain shoot through my body. I felt as if I was going to throw up any second now.

“Caroline?” the figure asked. I turned around too quickly and I saw Harry lying there with dirt, mud and twigs in his curly brown hair. His eyes were mixed with scared and happiness.

“Harry!” I screamed joyfully diving on top of him. He held me close not wanting me to move and he flipped us over so he would be on top of me.

Lightning cracked and I could have sworn it hit a tree. The rain poured on and I could barely see five feet in front of me.

“Caroline! God damn it you’ve had me worried sick!” he yelled to be heard over the rain. As he spoke rain was launched at me from the water that kept building up on his lips.

Before I could stop myself though I leaned up and pressed my lips to his. His cold wet lips molded to mine so perfectly that I felt warm all over. He wrapped his arms around my waist and crushed me to his chest as I laid on top of him.

He tangled his wet and soaked fingers through my hair as I did the same to him. I needed to know that he was here. I needed to know that I wasn’t dreaming.

“Harry…” I breathed releasing his lips from my own. We were breathing heavily from that passionate and wonderful kiss.

“Caroline, don’t ever leave me again…” he whispers up to me. I can see his bright green eyes meet mine and I shiver from the close contact we just had. Suddenly Harry sits up and pushes me away slightly. A look of hurt crosses my features and I frown at Harry.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him.

“Nothing…I’m just glad you’re okay…the boy’s…Louis even…plus your dad….they were all worried about you. You were missing for hours…” he says. I noticed that he says ‘they were all worried’ not ‘we were all worried’. What was his deal?

“What time is it?” I demand.

“Around two in the morning.” He answers.

“What?!!” I scream jumping up. Thunder roars up above us.

“We have to find Louis.” Harry says standing with me. His clothes are drenched in rain water and mud. My clothes match him and I sigh. Why did he have to find me? Why couldn’t it be Louis? He always found me.

“Louis’ in here too?!” I scream running the way I had come before.

“Yeah he told me you were probably in here so I ran in after I saw the car parked.” Harry answers following my quick pace.

“Harry…call Louis!” I scream over the thunder.

“FINE!” He tells me grabbing his probably unusable phone from his pocket. It works and he dials for Louis.

“No signal…” I mumble looking around for the way I came in. I say no signal because we barely could get two out of four bars here. We were so far out in the country it wasn’t funny.

“Louis?!” I hear Harry say. I turn towards him and watch as he interacts with my brother…well not blood brother. “Louis! I found her!!.....Yeah!.......I don’t know we’re looking around right now!....The car?!........Louis?! Is that what you said? The car?!.........You wanted to meet at the car?!!.........Louis?! OI! Talk to me!!” then I heard a beep.

“Harry?” I ask.

“I lost signal with him. He told me that he wanted to me up at the car.” He tells me. He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers while taking lead in some direction.

“Harry….Harry…..harry….” I say after every new meter we gain.

“What?” he hisses chattering his teeth.

“We’re going the wrong way.” I mutter.

“Oh…well then lead the way ….” Harry says following the direction I walk in.

After about twenty long minutes of only twig crunching and thunder pounding I break the silence. It was killing me inside. I needed answers, I was sick of not knowing things. How could my mom cheat on my dad?! That bitch I would kill her! But first…

“Why’d you push me away?” I ask him. “When we kissed, I thought you liked me…”

“I don’t like you like that….you’re like my sister since you’re like Louis’ sister. I don’t think of you that way.” He tells me looking around the forest. Our fingers were still intertwined.

“Then why’d you kiss me last night?” I question him.

“I was drunk.” He says easily.

“Explains everything doesn’t it?” I say smirking at myself sadly and in disgust.

“What?”

“Getting drunk explains everything about what you’ve done and did.” I mutter running forward when I see the open clearing.

“Hey! I don’t like you like that so chill the hell out!” Harry curses at me. I walk over to his car that sat on the muddy road and I lean against it getting rain pounded on me even more and harder now that I was out of the trees protection.

“Shut the fuck up Harry!! You’re an asshole!!” I scream when he walks in front of me to face me.

“Yeah!!” he screams back. “The asshole that saved your life!!”

I grab his head of soaked and wet hair and I smash his face to mine so our lips mold together. His wet arms instantly go up my arms and into my hair to pull my closer.

After about ten full seconds of sweet passion I felt, I pushed him away. Harry being shocked stared at me with a shocked expression.

Was he shocked I pushed him away?

Was he shocked he kissed back?

Before I could control myself I slapped him across the face with my right hand. Harry didn’t even wince. His face turned into a frown and he bit his bottom lip.

I couldn’t tell if it was rain water or actual tears, but I could tell one thing.

Harry had a look of pure despair on his beautiful flawless face.

I caused him that.

I turned away from him when I heard my name being called. I turned toward the forest and saw Louis run out of it with his clothes sagging from the amount of rain he had endured. I ran away from Harry –him being completely still with his left cheek probably red and stinging like hell- and to Louis.

Midway he stopped running with his arms wide open preparing for the catch. I used the rest of my strength I had and I leaped into Louis’ strong arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He instantly gripped me pulling me closer to him.

I felt so terrible for what I caused them, or just Louis and the boys. I gripped Louis’ brown wet hair in my hands and I dug my head in his neck. He squeezed the hell out of me while whispering things in my ear.

“Shhh, I’m here baby girl…Shhh…I’m here…” Louis repeated nonstop. I dug my face deeper into his neck as he called me ‘baby girl’. That was the name he used on me when he was really trying to sooth me. He knew something was wrong but didn’t push.

He always had called me that. He would always comfort me in my times of need. Louis was the best person a girl could ever have to call her brother or her best friend even.

Louis was my savior.

And that’s why I broke down then in full blown tears and sobs.

DRAMA!!
So sadness :(
This is what happened during THIS PART of the forest. I will have Caroline visit the forest some time in later chapters, that's what I meant. Memories will be remembered and things will happen then and only then.
So things are crazy now, more drama will come next chapter.
Tell me what team!!
Team Harry?!
Team Zayn?!
For chapter 21:
Votes: 20?
Comments: 15?

I LOVE YOU ALL MY LOVELY LOVES!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1.4K 26
Louis and Harry were best friends and that was all. One day, one of them just got up and left, leaving the other with nothing. He left. They fight. O...
120 8 8
Caroline is an aspiring writer and entirely out of her element. But when a famous trio from a world wide famous boy band show up to her party, her li...
13.5K 433 39
[I wrote this when I was 13 I'm so sorry] "I'd rather watch him love somebody else, cry every night, and take the pain. Than live a life knowing I l...
13.2K 629 35
Hello(: My name is Hope Mayor,I'm 18 years of age and yes I'm THE Harry Styles best friend.I don't think much of it to be honest with you.Harry and I...