Teiko's basketball

By BlackfeatherC

A Kuroko no basuke fanfic Teiko's basketball #1 Teiko middle school's basketball club. A team known as the Ge... More

First day
Basketball
Chess and invisible guys
The team
Generation of miracles
An issue of granolas
Tournament fever
My mentor
Let's play
Face off!
Showdown
One of us
Respite
Battle's eve
Start!
Truth or Dare!
Real test
Nightmare
Writing
Second term
Shock
The second years
Strategy
Big day
Fiasco
Moving on
Dreamcatcher
Author's note #2:
Friendly match
Second half
The Kamiya team
Pleasant surprise
Practice makes perfect
Sora vs. Midorima
Aomine vs. Murasakibara
Akira vs Akashi
Sora vs Akashi
Later
Scary movie
Ouija board
Extra chapter: Chaperone
Glimpse of a demon
The science of lockers
Interrogations
Lunch
Midnight madness
We're off!
Rise and shine
Pursuit of fate
Shrine
Fireworks and farewell
We're back!
Qualifiers
Conversation
Note passing
Runner
She-devil
The drive for victory
Handicaps
Steady
Valentine's day
Princes
First hurdle
Quarters
Quarters: First Q
Quarters: Second Q
Quarters: Step it up
Quarters: Final Q
Post-match blues
Semifinals
Semis: It's begun
Semis: Second Q
Semis: Point guards
Semis: Fourth Q
Prep time
Extra chapter: Locker exorcism
Lineup
Finals: Head on
Author's note: Requests
Finals: Quit it!
Finals: Third Q
Final Q: It's over
Reminesences
Extra chapter: Lemonade stand 1
Extra chapter: Lemonade stand 2
Acknowledgments
Series list

Courage test

1.4K 65 3
By BlackfeatherC

Chapter 46:

Courage test

Sora, Akira and Satsuki got a room to themselves. They began to unpack, happily chatting and making plans.

Sora who had finished, stood near the window and surveyed the scenery. They hotel seemed to have a huge garden. It was decorated in the traditional style and even had a small lotus pond at the end. Sora had to squint to make out what it was.

"Oro... It's getting dark," she observed.

"Nae, Sora-chan, Suki-chan..." began Akira.

"Hmm?"

"Can we have a courage test?"

"A what?" said Sora.

"Do you mean something like a dare?" said Satsuki.

"Yeah. But it has to be really scary."

Sora hesitated, unsure. But Satsuki agreed immediately.

"Come on, Sora-chan!" said Akira. "I won't make it too hard for you."

"Why don't I believe that?" said Sora, sarcastically.

"Oi, come on. It'll be really easy," said Akira coming to stand next to her at the windowsill. "For example... Go bring a flower from that lotus pond. It is a lotus pond, right? I can't see so well."

"Yes, it is. And Akira-san, don't you think it's a bit silly to be wandering in gardens like this at night? It's huge! And who knows what's in the grass--"

"Oh, Sora-chan is scared of little ghosts," said Akira.

"I'm not!" said Sora. "Fine, I'll do it! But if I do, it's game over and you have to think of something else."

"Fine." said Akira sighing.

Sora was frustrated. It was better if she went in instead of Akira and Satsuki. She knew where to draw the line. But at the same time... Thank goodness she hasn't forgotten to pack the bug cream.

-------------------------------------------------

Satsuki and Akira were waiting for her at the back entrance. At least, they said they would. Sora had no doubt whatsoever that they would follow her and try to scare her.

Sora had mentally memorized the garden's layout from her window. She switched on her flashlight and went into the garden. Up close, it looked almost like a thicket. There were so many trees and bushes, that she hardly had any place to walk.

Her hand brushed against something. Oh, it was the stone lantern. At least if someone had bothered to light it... Anyway, it meant she was going in the right direction. Not far now.

Sora could almost see the pond. It stood in a tiny clearing. Mission accomplished.

Sora was about to pluck a flower when she heard the voices.

At first she thought it was Akira and Satsuki. And then she realized they were male voices. There were so many ways in which this could not be good...

Sora's first instinct was to switch off her flashlight. It was better that she should stay hidden whoever they were. The voices dropped as soon as they came near the clearing. Now, Sora was really starting to panic internally.

She thought she could quietly slip away. She began to edge near the woods again. And then she bumped into someone. Sora backed away quickly.

And then someone caught her hand.

Sora lashed out by instinct. Her hand contacted something which flew away. So one of her attackers wore glasses. She had given him quite a good hit. The grip on her hand eased a bit and Sora wrenched it away. She hit one more guy too hard enough to wind him.

Another one! This time Sora tried to punch him, only to have her blow deflected easily. Then the unknown person slapped her hard. Sora was momentarily disoriented. But then, she started to fight back again. This time she also used her nails. But she was no match for her attacker who pinned her down easily. She had also received a few blows in the process.

Sora began to cry silently inspite of herself. She had been on the receiving end of a few really hard hits. On a positive note, was sure that she had given as good as she got. She had no idea what to do.

Then a really familiar voice said, "Midorima, hand me the torch."

Eh! What was going on? Midorima?

"I can't. My glasses are gone, nanodayo."

"I've got it."

Someone shined a torch on her face. Sora closed her eyes. The light was really irritating.

"Sora!"

The grip on her was immediately released. Someone gently raised her into a sitting position.

The first word Sora said looking at her assailant was, "Bakashi!"

"Are you alright?" he asked concerned. "Are you crying!"

"Yeah right. Ask me after you beat me up."

He shook his head embarrassed. "I can explain. Although you gave as good as you got." He winced touching one of the scratches on his face which she had given him.

"Himeji-san!" It was Aomine and Kuroko.

"What! Everyone's here?" asked Sora in amazement.

"Murasakibara is back at the hotel, and Midorima is somewhere near the pond looking for his glasses."

"What are you guys doing! Why are you kidnapping innocent people--"

"That..." began Akashi. "Is a long story."

"I told you guys!" interrupted Aomine, "Don't believe Shintaro's cr*p about banshees and lucky nymphs! But no! You had to do this!"

"Aomine-kun, you were for it ten minutes ago," reminded Kuroko.

"That was before I got one of Himeji's blows. I think Shintaro is still recovering. Poor Akashi though. He got the worst of it," he said grinning.

"Banshees? Nymphs?" said Sora in a daze.

"Well, when we saw you standing near the pool alone, Shintaro thought you were a spirit or something," said Akashi sheepishly.

"You guys believe in that stuff?"

"He was very convincing... And he convinced us to try to catch you."

"For what?" said Sora sarcastically. "Gold? Treasure? Immortality?"

"Luck?" he suggested.

Sora looked at all of them in amazement.

Just then, Midorima triumphantly announced that he had found his glasses.

"Shut up, four eyes," said Aomine, "I'm tempted to push you into the pond."

"Let's go," said Akashi, "Himeji-san, can you stand?"

Sora tried to get up. She winced a little. "I think I'll be okay," she said shakily.

"Shall I carry you?" he said.

"Says the guy who previously tried to kill me. Over my dead body, wise guy--"

"Quiet," he said carefully supporting her, "Oh, and what were you doing here in the first place?" he asked angrily.

"Oh, that... courage test."

He looked at her in amazement. "I thought you had more sense than to--"

"This is a long story too. And besides, it would have been safe if it weren't for you guys," she pointed out, "Oh, and that reminds me......"

Sora went to the pond and picked a flower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Akira and Satsuki were shocked to see Akashi supporting a beaten up Sora, followed by Aomine, Kuroko and Midorima. Akira explained that they would have followed her, but Satsuki didn't want to in the last minute.

Sora wordlessly handed over the flower to Akira. She bade goodbye to the guys, headed to the room and simply collapsed on her bed.

"What on earth happed to you Sora-san?" said Akira concerned, "You're hurt! You even have a couple of scratches--"

"Long story."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 1.3K 26
One day, Seirin realizes Kuroko's strange behavior. Kuroko comes day after day to practice, harboring more injuries than before. Is Kuroko holding a...
63.4K 1.5K 8
Kuroko got accepted by the Generation of Miracles fairly quickly. The other teams wonder why when Kuroko isn't that talented in basketball, besides p...
18.5K 609 56
Teiko Middle School. One of the most prestigious middle schools people in Japan can attend. Their basketball club consists of over 100 members. A few...
2.7K 96 21
A great danger is coming to the world and the Generation of Miracles are the Chosen ones who are destined to save it. They are sent to an island wher...