SABAISM | H. POTTER

By cthgreenlight

SABAISM (noun) : The worship of stars. For centuries, people have looked up to the stars and became instanta... More

| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
ONE. | PLATFORM NINE & THREE QUARTERS
TWO. | HOGWARTS EXPRESS
THREE. | THE SORTING
FOUR. | FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
FIVE. | NOT EXPECTED
SIX. | PLAYING QUIDDITCH TO PLAYING SNAPE
SEVEN. | A HALLOWEEN NIGHTMARE
EIGHT. | GRYFFINDOR VS. SLYTHERIN
NINE. | CHRISTMAS BREAK
TEN. | BACK TO HOGWARTS
ELEVEN. | THE DEMON IN DETENTION
TWELVE. | FIGURING IT OUT
THIRTEEN. | FACING VOLDEMORT PT.1
FOURTEEN. | THE END OF FIRST YEAR
| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
ONE. | THE RESCUE MISSION
TWO. | THE BURROW
THREE. | FLOO GONE FLOP
FOUR. | DIAGON ALLEY
FIVE. | FASHIONABLY LATE
SIX. | A HEADACHE
SEVEN. | FULL OF HIMSELF
EIGHT. | SNAKES BELONG ON THE GROUND
NINE. | THE VOICES
TEN. | PRANKS AND PETRIFICATION
ELEVEN. | THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS?
TWELVE. | ANNUAL INJURY
THIRTEEN. | DUELING
FOURTEEN. | WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE
FIFTEEN. | TOM RIDDLE
SIXTEEN. | THE LOSS OF TWO FRIENDS
SEVENTEEN. | STICKY SITUATION
EIGHTEEN. | GILDEROY LOCKHART IS CANCELLED
NINETEEN. | FACING VOLDEMORT PT. 2
| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
ONE. | UNSAID DISTRESS
TWO. | SOUL SUCKING
THREE. | THEIR RETURN
FOUR. | MYSTIC "PREDICTIONS"
FIVE. | SLYTHERIN CRYBABY
SIX. | TAKING THE DOG TO THE POUND
SEVEN. | A PUSH OVERBOARD
EIGHT. | GREATEST FEAR
NINE. | AN UNRECOGNIZED REUNION
TEN. | THE WRONG HOG
ELEVEN. | THE DAUGHTER OF A MURDERER
TWELVE. | GRIM DEFEAT
THIRTEEN. | YOU ARE NOT ALONE
FOURTEEN. | MORE THAN ONE SAVIOR
FIFTEEN. | WOLF IS OUT OF THE BAG
SIXTEEN. | THE LEGACY IS PASSED ON
SEVENTEEN. | SETBACK FROM GAIETY
EIGHTEEN. | FRENEMIES
NINETEEN. | THE LUPIN-BLACK "TWINS"
TWENTY. | FIREBOLT FIASCO
TWENTY - ONE. | GRYFFINDOR VS. RAVENCLAW
TWENTY - TWO. | NOT SEX BUT SIRIUS
TWENTY - THREE. | PETER PETTIGREW
TWENTY - FOUR. | RED-HEADED CHEW TOY
TWENTY - FIVE. | MONSTER-IN-LAWS
TWENTY - SIX. | THE INDISPUTABLE TRUTH

TWENTY. | THE END OF SECOND YEAR

5.5K 304 79
By cthgreenlight

THE TERNARY LIONS, COVERED IN MUCK AND SLIME; NOW SUBDUEDLY STOOD IN DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE. Eyeing Fawkes, who perched on a pedestal behind their Headmaster's desk, Gemini commented, "Before we get started; I would just like it to be known that I have a newfound appreciation for birds."

Albus Dumbledore, who sat at his escritoire, chortled at the offhand remark. Much like her Mother; Gemini Lupin-Black held the ability to unintentionally make caliginous moments auroral. "They are, indeed, typically omitted from the category of vigor. I am sure Fawkes is grateful for your recognization, Miss. Lupin-Black," he humored subsequently; as he peered down at a tattered diary that rested on mahogany. Harry had brought him this, assumed, trivial bound pages; only to be educated on it's true importance. Lifting his blue orbs away from damaged parchment; Dumbledore bewildered, "Ingenious. Simply...ingenious. Of course, Tom Riddle was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen. I taught him myself fifty years ago. After he left; I would occasionally hear stories of his activities, dark rumors, - but after awhile, even the rumors stopped. When he finally resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, most people had completely forgotten the clever Head Boy he'd once been." Gemini outwardly scoffed; mumbling, "Hermione Granger is the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen, and it's only her second year." Though her correction was shrugged off with a mere smile, it wasn't amended.

Ginny, who had been situated behind the three; smothered by her parents, plead her case, "I didn't know whose diary it was, sir. I found it inside my cauldron." Chestnut irises flickered to the older Gryffindors; wishing to assure them as well of her obliviousness, "The day we all went to Diagon Alley...I've had it since then." Her admittance caused the trio to frown from thought; recollecting memories of that day. The youngest Weasleys continuation of entreaty prevented them from muling over it further; as she grimly continued her conversation with the authoritarian, "But I understand if...given all the trouble I've caused...if you -." Her shaky words were interjected by Dumbledore, "Wiser wizards than you have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldermort, Miss. Weasley. No, I think you've endured enough. I would suggest a bit of bed rest, however; and perhaps a large mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up. Minerva, will you show Arthur and Molly up to the hospital wing?" Grandma Minnie stood, offering Gemini a sharp glance, and responded, "Certainly, Albus." As the four of them exited; the Gryffindor Trio listened as Molly Weasley's voice echoed off of stone walls, "A diary that writes back to you! Honestly, Ginny! What were you thinking? Haven't I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps it's brain!"

Gemini whistled lowly; turning back to face Dumbledore, "I'm assuming my Dad was also informed?" At the nod in confirmation; Gemini turned to face her two boys, "Well, it was nice knowing the both of you. Also, please send my love to Hermione. Because, if you think that reaction was bad...just wait." Dumbledore chuckled at her deceleration, and the attention turned on him once more. Now; regarding them gravely, he questioned, "You three realize, that in the last few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules?" Gemini hummed; answering for them all, "Bit of a record, I'll say. Freddie and Georgie will surely be proud." Dumbledore continued to chastise, "You also realize; there is sufficient evidence to expel you all?" This time, taking a more respectable approach, the three chorused, "Yes, sir." Despite the threat of expulsion hanging over them; blue eyes twinkled behind half-moon spectacles, praising, "Therefore, it seems only fitting...that you three receive Special Awards for Services to the School. And - let me see - yes, I think two hundred points a piece, which; I believe, should be more than enough to secure Gryffindor the House Cup." A relieved sigh escaped the children, "Thank you, sir."

"Now; Mr. Weasley and Miss. Lupin-Black, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. We need our gamekeeper back," Dumbledore requested. The ginger vigorously nodded, and tentatively retrieved the envelope from bony fingers. Gemini, however, was nervous to leave Harry alone with their Headmaster. The boy had just experienced another duel against his oppressor; whether he admitted it aloud or not, he surely needed comfort from a constant in his life. "If it's all the same to you, Professor...I'd rather stay. My body is quite fatigued from lifting all of those rocks. Ronald seems to be in tip-top shape, though," the excuse tumbled from her. A knowing sparkle shone within knowledgeable eyes. "Of course," Dumbledore agreed; waving his hand to a departing Ron. Harry eyed the girl, curiously, as she plopped down in the armchair Ginny had previously resided. Sensing a gaze upon her; Gemini exclaimed, "Don't worry. It'll be like I'm not even here. You two continue."

"Harry," Dumbledore started; drawing the boys attention away from his beguin, "Firstly, I want to thank you. You must have shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you. Secondly, I sense you're troubled by something. Am I right?" Reluctantly; desiring not to appear weak in front of the toughest girl he'd ever met, the boy ducked his head in agreement, "It's just...you see, sir; I couldn't help but notice certain things. Certain similarities...between Tom Riddle and me." The Headmaster gestured with his head; as if expecting this worry, "You can speak Parseltongue, Harry. All because Lord Voldermort can speak Parseltongue. Unless I'm much mistaken, he transferred some of his own powers to you the night he gave you that scar." Gemini, astonished, gasped, "Ew. Voldermort put a bit of himself in Harry?! That's just wrong." Dumbledore conceded, "Yes. Not intentionally, but...yes, he did." Discouragement consumed the boy; dejectedly he stated, "So, the Sorting Hat was right. I should be in Slytherin." Gemini couldn't believe what she just heard, but chose to not yet interject. It was obvious this was a conversation that needed to take place with an adult. "It's true, Harry. You do possess many of the qualities Voldermort himself prizes. Resourcefulness. Determination. A certain disregard for the rules. Yet, the Sorting Hat placed you in Gryffindor," Dumbledore elaborated.

"Only because I asked it to," grumbled Harry. "Exactly," the man asserted, "Which makes you different from Voldermort. It's not our abilities that show what we truly are, Harry. It's our choices. If you want proof that you belong in Gryffindor, Harry...I suggest you look more closely at this." Dumbledore unsheathed the bloodstained sword Harry had formerly carried; the one that nearly sent Ron into a heart attack when he'd seen the substance coating it. An engraved name glimmered above the ruby-encrusted hilt. "Godric Gryffindor," The Boy-Who-Lived wondrously recited. Gemini, jumping up from her cushioned seat, rushed over to her friend, "No way! Let me see, Harry!" The man grinned at their bewildered expressions; confirming, "Only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out of the Hat."

Suddenly, Lucious Malfoy entered...whilst he furiously dragged Dobby by a pointed ear. "Dobby!," Gemini yelled; angered by the treatment the creature endured, "This is your Master?! The family you serve are the Malfoys?" Chagrined; Dobby nodded as Lucious Malfoy brushed by Harry Potter. "Out of my way, Potter," Malfoy sneered. The girl quickly turned on him; the famous Black jeer slipping onto her features, "Oi! Do use your manners, Lucy!" Both Harry and the creature appeared astonished by Lucious only administering a harsh glower; had it been anyone else, a hex would have been spelled without a second thought. Instead; the blonde twisted back to Dumbledore, pointing a ring cladded finger, "So! You've returned!" The elder offered a wry smile, "Yes. When the governors heard that Arthur Weasley's daughter had been taken into the Chamber, they saw fit to summon me back. Though; curiously, several of them seemed under the impression that you would curse their families if they didn't agree to suspend me in the first place, Lucious." Watching Dumbledore openly call Lucious out, Gemini couldn't prevent the dumbfounded curse that escaped her. "From the beginning, my only concern has been the welfare of this school and its students. I assume the culprit has been identified," Malfoy defended. Glancing at the diary; Dumbledore affirmed, "Oh yes. It was Voldermort. Only this time, he chose to act through someone else. By means of...this."

As Dumbledore nudged the diary toward Lucious Malfoy, Harry and Gemini viewed Dobby nod meaningfully from the journal to his Master. With a chill to his voice; Malfoy said, "Fortunately, our young Mr. Potter discovered it. One only hopes that no more of Lord Voldermort's old school things find their way into innocent hands. The consequences for the one responsible could be...severe." Gemini, matching his tone, mockingly laughed," Yes; severe. So, next time...try to be more discreet, Lucy." The man stared icily at the young girl; wishing to put her in her place, but swiftly turned away. "Come, Dobby," he called out, "We're leaving." As Dobby scuttled towards the door, Lucious Malfoy cruelly kicked him through it; then exited himself. The two Gryffindors stared at the empty doorway, Dobby's painful squeals ringing throughout the corridor. Hastily; Harry twisted to face the Headmaster, asking, "Sir? I wonder if I could have that." Dumbledore looked up, following Harry's emeralds to the destroyed journal.
___________________________________

Harry and Gemini ran after the spiteful, Malfoy senior. "Mr. Malfoy!," Harry called out; catching up to his figure, "I have something of yours." Gemini followed along; having no previous clue as to what their plan was. Seeing Harry come up running to the now stopped man, and thrusting the diary into Malfoy's hands...Gemini grinned at his boldness. Blunt confrontation it was then. Irate; the man quipped, "Mine? I don't know what you're talking about. Both your blind accusations need to cease." Harry's gaze narrowed; sarcastically replying, "I think you do, sir. I think you slipped it into Ginny Weasley's cauldron that day in Diagon Alley." Malfoy shoved the diary into Dobby's face; then leaned close to the children and, with a nasty grin, whispered: "Prove it."

Quickly, he turned away. As Dobby sadly looked back, clutching the diary in his poorly bandaged hands, the pair mouthed the words: Open it. Curiously, Dobby peered downwards and opened the tattered thing. Inside...was a sock. The creature, in wonderment, audibly gasped, "Master has given Dobby a sock. Master has presented Dobby with clothes. Dobby...is free!" His commander wheeled, "What?! I didn't -." His defense trailed off; seeing how Harry stood with one leg crossed, his right ankle bare. Instantly, Malfoy charged forth. "You've lost me my servant!," he roared in anger. "You shall not harm Harry Potter or Gemini Lupin-Black!," a voice yapped. Dobby stepped between them, snapping his fingers, and -- BANG! Malfoy flew backwards, landing in a crumbled heap. Rising, he stared murderously at the duo.

"Mark my words, Harry Potter. You'll meet the same sticky end as your parents one of these days. They were meddlesome fools too. Gemini, same for you. Except, you're already a disgrace to the wizarding community like both of your parents," he threateningly hissed. With that; he turned and stormed away. "Harry Potter freed Dobby!," the creature yelled; not allowing them time to dwell, "Miss. Gemini helped as well! How can Dobby ever repay you?" Harry locked eyes with the creature, "Just promise me something." Bat-like ears flapped as the house elf eagerly nodded his head; agreeing, "Anything, sir!" Chuckling; Harry instructed, "Never try and save my life again." Dobby grinned at the pair; then CRACK, he was gone.

Interrupting the silence; Gemini exclaimed, "That was an admirable thing you did, Harry. And, about earlier, I just want you to know that what I heard will stay between us. Just remember; you're an amazing person. If you would've been sorted into Slytherin...I would have argued with the Hat to put me there as well." Harry looked at her beaming face, peculiarly. He knew just how much Gemini despised Slytherin. Not just for the people that inhabited the House, but because of how it tied in with her name. He knew she fought it's traits everyday; never wishing to be what other's expected...only clinging to her Lupin heritage. "Really? You'd do that for me?," he questioned in disbelief. She chuckled, "Of course, Harry. You're the first friend I've ever made; my best friend. I'd never let you go through something alone. I promise to always have your back." This was it. He was going to come clean about how he truly felt; the feelings couldn't be hid much longer. Especially when she said stuff like that.

Just as he opened his mouth; the children heard the roar, "GEMINI LILY LUPIN-BLACK! WHERE ARE YOU?" Remus Lupin had arrived. "Well, Harry...Let's go. He'll tear up every inch of this school looking for me," the girl smiled, her face considerably paler than before. "He's so going to take away my flying privileges," she moaned; Harry's eyes following as she walked away.
___________________________________

That night; the fear and suspicion had fully banished. In the Great Hall, the house tables were abuzz with excitement and anticipation...all except the Slytherins. The Snakes glowered; obviously feeling cheated of the House Cup, for the second time.

Settled at the tables; are the formerly petrified, revived students. Justin Finch-Fletchley joined his fellow Hufflepuff's, and Colin Creevey snapped multiple photos of the feast before him. Individuals continued to enter, reconnecting with the conscious world. The trio anxiously waited. Then...Hermione finally entered, searching the room for her close friends. Eventually, she spotted them all. A large smile stretched across once frozen features. She instantly rushed forward. "You solved it! You solved it," she extolled; embosoming Gemini. Lupin-Black giggled happily; hugging her back just as fiercely, "With loads of help from you!" Hermione turned to embrace both males. Yet; Ron and her paused, an awkward moment passed between them and...they shook hands instead. "Welcome back, Hermione," the ginger softly spoke.

The sound of clanking silver hushed the bunch of students, and Dumbledore stood when the attention zeroed in. "Before we begin our feast," he started, "Let's give a round of applause to Professor Sprout and Madam Pomfrey, whose Mandrake Juice has been successfully administered to all those who had been petrified. Also, in the wake of recent events, as a school treat; all exams have been cancelled." Everything boisterously applauded; exclude Hermione. "On no," the bushy-haired girl moaned. Silver orbs rolled, "Hermione! You've been unconscious a majority of the year, anyways."

At the rear of the Hall, the great doors opened. Hagrid stood within the doorway; stopping and looking around. The room fell silent at the sight of the half-giant, and all eyes girdled on him. Embarrassed; Hagrid explained, "Sorry I'm late. The owl deliverin' my release papers got all lost 'n confused. Some ruddy bird named Errol." Ron exchanged a nervous glance with Professor Dumbledore. "Ronald," Gemini hissed, "You should've used a bloody school owl." Hagrid walked up to the Golden Quartet; expressing, "I jus' want to say...that if it wasn't fer you, Harry...you an' Ron and Gem...an' Hermione; Well, I jus' want to say...Thanks." Harry waved him off, "There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Automatically; Gemini added, "Yeah!"

Just then; Dumbledore got to his feet and, slowly, brought his hands together. The other's quickly joined alongside him. Soon, everyone stood on their feet and the Hall rung out in claps. As the students surrounded Hagrid; he blinked, furiously wiping at his eyes. "This moment makes my grounding so worth it," Gemini admitted to no one in particular.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 13.5K 44
UNDER HEAVY EDITING THROUGH GOOGLE DOC, THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER AND BETTER WRITTEN ! look under the summary for more info. !Mature themes & S...
864K 32.1K 26
❝Sirius Black, what have you done to me?❞ She whispered to herself. ❝Whatever it was, I didn't mean to.❞ A voice said from the door causing her to ju...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
5.4K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...