A very intriguing predicament...

By Ashen_Kitten04

She was quite an average person, good grades, liked spending her free time watching her favourite shows.But o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
35k!
Temporary Discontinument and Future Rewrite

Chapter 7

2.5K 115 61
By Ashen_Kitten04

Looking at my score on the test, I smiled to myself as I saw myself on #1 again. " Who the hell is this Kathryn Walker! They keep getting a higher score than me!! " Shouted Bakugo as he looked around the class and at the different people in the class.

" That would be me, " I answered as I raised my hand as I made my expression calm again but with a small smile on my face.

Midoriya looked worried for me as Bakugo began to stomp over to me with a seriously pissed off look on his face.

" You did that with my quirk! You're just a stupid Copycat! " Bakugo shouted in my face as he prodded his finger into my chest with a bit of force as he made some explosions in his other palm. Now I was just a bit irritated, was he seriously trying to threaten me?

"I could have used some other quirks I know, I know quite a lot of quirks so don't think I singled yours out. " I retorted as I decided to use Aizawa's quirk on Bakugo, making the explosions in his palm cease as my hair floated up and undid the ponytail I had put my hair up into this morning.

This caused Bakugo's eyes to widen in surprise, but I wasn't done with him yet. " You clearly seem to have both a superiority and inferiority complex, you boast that you're better than Midoriya, yet get mad if someone is better than you. You have a serious anger problem that needs checking out before you become a Hero, because right now you remind me of the #2 Pro Hero Endeavour given that both of your personalities can be explained quite easily as a stinking dumpster fire. Got it? " I spoke.

Even if I was shorter than Bakugo by 5 inches, I just looked up at him with a glare that challenged him to try anything after that. It was silent, deathly silent as I saw Bakugo's expression as he debated over trying to start a fight with me.

Blinking my hair fell down and I just began to walk past Bakugo with a calm expression with a small smile on my face. Though, I rubbed my eyes a bit given that staring that long while using Erasure also made my eyes dry as I blinked a few more times to soothe it.

The day carried on and I hoped that no one in the Class would notice that at the end of the day, I wouldn't have left the School campus itself. Now was lunch time and I got my lunch from Lunch Rush, who I thanked with a smile.

" Hey! Walker! " I looked over to see Uraraka and Ida, Uraraka was waving me over to their table. Going over I sat down with them as I went back to my calm expression.

" That was very brave what you did at the end of the tests. I thought Bakugo was going to attack you or something. " Uraraka spoke.

I just smiled lightly with a sigh, " Me too, I think he realised that fighting with me would be a large gamble. Especially considering that if Mr Aizawa heard it, the both of us would get in trouble. " I explained to Uraraka.

" Mr Aizawa? Walker, I wanted to ask this, but you're not from Japan. Are you? " Ida spoke as he pushed his glasses up.

I nodded as I responded to Ida's question. " I'm from England, I moved to Japan about 10 months ago. ".

This surprised Uraraka and Ida. " Huh! That's very interesting, your Japanese is very impressive for being here for 10 months. " Ida complimented. I just ate my lunch as the rest of lunch went by, Ida stated how he thought my quirk was pretty powerful given that all I need to do is know how a quirk works in order to imitate it.

So when the day ended, I discretely slipped away in order to head back to Aizawa's apartment without any of the other U.A. Students from seeing me and questioning it. Which worked as I eventually got back to Aizawa's apartment and found a serious looking Aizawa staring back at me.

" What happened when I left? I heard the explosions, " Aizawa immediately questioned.

" Bakugo got angry that I beat him again, asked who it was who beat him because I never introduced myself by name and he got mad. Claiming that I got the top of the tests by using his quirk and called my a, and I quote. A "stupid Copycat,". " I explained.

This definitely irritated Aizawa so I continued on. "He tried to even threaten me with some explosions. I told him that I could have used some other quirks and that I was not singling his quirk out because I knew a lot more quirks. I also Erased his quirk and told him exactly what I thought about him, to his face, before giving his quirk back and walking off back to class. " I added.

" Good, I don't want you starting a fight with the other students. " Aizawa spoke with a small sigh of relief.

" I'm pretty sure I'll get along with the others, the only person who would want to fight me would probably end up being Bakugo. " I replied with a small dismissive wave, well, if Mineta tries anything, then I will punt the little bastard.

Going to my room I closed to door behind me, going to my bed, I grabbed my manga from under it as I opened up Volume 2 and looked at the different teams for the Battle Training which we'll have tomorrow with All Might.

I wondered how I'd fit in here? It would either be that I'd be a one-woman team against another team or I'd have to be in a three with a different team. Though, the former does sound better considering I will work by myself, still, I need to write out some plans for if I went against any of the teams.

But I will have to do two versions for if I'm the Villain or Hero in the exercise. Which means I have a lot of preparation to do.

--------------------------

The next day came around and the lessons through out the day were fairly decent.

English was very easy for me, considering that it is my first language afterall, and I had lunch with Ida, Uraraka and Midoriya. I just got the same thing, as I sat down at the table. " Are you excited for our afternoon class! " Midoriya spoke with excitement.

" Yeah, it'll be our first proper Heroics class of the year. And I'm excited to see our classmates quirks in action, it'll always be nice to add a few more quirks to use on top of the ones I already know. " I spoke with a light smile.

" Though, I'm definitely not gonna try to imitate your quirk Midoriya. Yes, the power of it is impressive but the drawback of breaking your arms? No thank you, I'm not that desperate to win a fight that I'd injure myself. " I added.

Though I knew that I was a hypocrite, considering that I knowingly gave myself heatstroke to defeat the Zero Pointer during the Entrance Exam.

But, eventually Lunch ended and soon, our last lesson of the day rolled around. Sat down at my desk, I knew that in a few moments.

" I HAVE...!! COME THROUGH THE DOOR, LIKE NORMAL!! " Or now, as All Might burst into the classroom.

Midoriya had a big grin on his face and everyone else in the class had a look of surprise that the #1 Hero was a Teacher here at U.A.

" It's All Might...!! Incredible. He's really gonna Teach us...!! "

" Thats his Silver Age Costume...! He's drawn so differently than the rest of us. Gives me goosebumps... " People in the classroom chattered as All Might strolled in, I held my calm expression as I knew what was going to be happening today. And the damage that'll happen with it too.

Flexing his muscles, All Might began to speak. " HERO BASIC TRAINING!! THE CLASS THAT'LL PUT YOU THROUGH ALL SORTS OF SPECIAL TRAINING TO MOLD YOU INTO HEROES!! It also gives a ton of credits. NO TIME TO DALLY. TODAY'S ACTIVITY IS THIS!! " All Might announced as hel held a card reading 'Battle' on it.

" BATTLE TRAINING!! " All Might spoke.

I couldn't help the smirk growing on my lips, " AND FOR THAT... YOU NEED THESE!! IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE "QUIRK REGISTRY" AND THE SPECIAL REQUEST FORMS YOU FILLED OUT BEFORE BEING ADMITTED... " All Might Continued.

" COSTUMES!! " He finished.

" YEAHHHH!! " Everyone shouted as a section of the wall to our left opened up, revealing cases for our costumes.

" AFTER YOU CHANGE, COME OUT IN RANKING ORDER TO GROUND BETA!! LOOKING GOOD IS VERY IMPORTANT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! LOOK ALIVE NOW!! BECAUSE FROM TODAY ON... YOU'RE ALL HEROES!! " All Might spoke.

Getting my case, I knew that this would be the reason I'll have to tell the rest of the class that I live with Mr Aizawa and rained with him. Going to the changing rooms with the other girls, I popped open the case and got into my costume.

( AN: This is a basic idea of what Kathryn's Costume looks like, it's a simple, unshaded version which I quickly drew. )

Seeing the looks on the other girls faces, I just decided to give them mini-explanation. " I've been staying with Mr Aizawa, we trained and so I based my costume off of his but with some alterations to accommodate some of the quirks I'll be using in conjunction. ".

" That explains your blank expression most of the time, what's Aizawa-sensei like? " Mina spoke.

" Well for one, he isn't exactly merciful with training. Whether I'm staying with him or not, I had to earn my place in U.A. I took the Entrance Exam without any recommendations. " I answered.

Leaving the changing rooms, I headed up to Ground Beta. And since I was the first ranking, I was the first to head up, then Yaoyorozu, Todoroki and everyone else. " WELL!! SHALL WE BEGIN, MY WARDS?! " All Might spoke.

Looking around at everyone elses costumes, I eventually noticed Midoriya's. And to say I was nearly dying of laughter, was the biggest understatement of the century. Midoriya looked like a green version of All Might with those bunny ears.

" IT'S TIME FOR BATTLE TRAINING!! " All Might added.

Walking over to Midoriya and Uraraka I saw Midoriya give me a look of surprise and confusion at my costume. " Hey Midoriya, nice costume, though you're kinda making it a bit obvious who your favourite Hero is. " I commented as I nudged him in the arm with my elbow as I smirked.

"Your costume, you look like Aizawa-sensei! " Midoriya spoke.

I let out a small laugh as I replied. " That was the idea I had in mind, he is my mentor and guardian so why not? ". Midoriya's expression quickly changed to shock, and then realision at my comment.

" That's so cool! But aren't you afraid Aizawa-sensei will favour you because of that? " Midoriya questioned.

I laughed once more, " Not very likely, Mr Aizawa made me earn my spot in the hero course. I got here because I worked my ass off when we trained, and with studying too. " I explained as I nervously scratched the back of my neck.

" I wish I'd been more specific on my request form... this suit's so puffy and curvy. It's embarrassing. " Uraraka spoke, and to be honest, she wasn't wrong about that. She looks like an astronaut with her costume.

But when I saw Mineta lookingbover at Uraraka, " Being in the Hero Course is the best! " Mineta spoke with a thumbs up as he turned to face Midoriya. It took me a lot of willpower not to kick the small head of grapes called Minoru Mineta with full force.

" Sensei! This appears to be the same field used in the Entrance Exam. Will we be performing Cityscape Maneuvers?! " Spoke Ida in his suit.

" NOPE! YOU'LL BE MOVING ON TO STEP TWO! INDOOR ANTI-PERSONNEL BATTLE TRAINING!! VILAIN BATTLES ARE MOST COMMONLY SEEN OUTDOORS BUT... STATISTICALLY THE MOST HEINOUS VILLAINS... ARE MORE LIKELY TO APPEAR INDOORS. " Answered All Might.

" BETWEEN CONFINEMENT, HOUSE ARREST, AND BLACK MARKET DEALS... IN THIS HERO-FILLED SOCIETY OF OURS... AHEM. THE CLEVEREST VILLAINS OUT THERE... LURK INDOORS!! "

" YOU'LL BE SPLIT INTO VILAIN AND HERO TEAMS... AND FACE OFF IN TWO-ON-TWO INDOOR BATTLES!! " All Might finished.

" So no basic training? " Asui questioned.

" PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE TEACHES YOU THE BASICS! THE DISTINCTION HERE IS THAT YOU WONT BE FIGHTING DISPOSABLE ROBOTS. " All Might answered Asui's question and explained. Though this just caused more questions from some other members of the class, not all being relevant.

" What determines victory? " Yaoyorozu asked.

" Can I just blast everyone away? " Bakugo wondered.

" Are you threatening to expel someone, like Aizawa-sensei did...? " Uraraka asked quietly.

" How do we proceed to divide ourselves into teams? " Ida asked, and finally.

" How fabulous is my cape? " Aoyama asked, as he looked off in a direction which was most likely the camera again.

" ONE AT A TIME! MY QUIRK ISN'T SUPER-HEARING!! " All Might spoke up. " LISTEN UP!! HERE'S THE DEAL. THE VILLAINS WILL BE HIDING A NUCLEAR WEAPON IN THE HIDEOUT. AND THE HEROES HAVE TO GO IN AND TAKE CARE OF IT! THE HEROES HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TIME TO EITHER CAPTURE THE VILLAINS OR SECURE THE WEAPON. THE VILLAINS MUST EITHER CAPTURE THE HEROES OR PROTECT THE WEAPON UNTIL TIME IS UP. " All Might quickly explained as he was reading a cheat sheet in his hands.

" YOUR BATTLE PARTNERS WILL BE DECIDED BY... DRAWING LOTS! " All Might added.

Though Ida seemed surprised at how well be getting our partners. " Is that really the best way?! " Ida questioned with hesitation at the idea of drawing lots.

" Makes sense, because Pros often have to team up with Heroes from other Agencies on the spot during emergencies. " Midoriya explained to Ida.

" I see...! I apologise for getting ahead of myself... my mistake! " Ida replied.

" IT'S FINE!! LETS JUST GET TO IT!! " All Might spoke, he really is a bad teacher, hardly prepared and needs a cheat sheet.

So as everyone drew their lots the teams went as such.

A = Izuku Midoriya and Ochaco Uraraka,
B = Shoto Todoroki and Mezo Shoji
C = Momo Yaoyorozu and Minoru Mineta
D = Tenya Ida and Katsuki Bakugo
E = Yuga Aoyama and Mina Ashido
F = Koji Koda and Rikido Sato
G = Denki Kaminari and Kyoka Jiro
H = Tsuyu Asui and Tokoyami Fumikage
I = Toru Hagakure and Mashirao Ojiro
J = Eijiro Kirishima and Sero Hanta

Then finally, " IT APPEARS THAT THERE IS AN ODD NUMBER OF STUDENTS IN THE CLASSROOM! YOUNG KATHRYN WALKER CORRECT?! WOULD YOU MIND WORKING BY YOURSELF AS TEAM K?! " All Might asked as he nervously looks over at me.

I just smiled slightly as I gave All Might a smile, " That's perfectly fine with me Sir, I don't mind working alone. " I replied with a dismissive wave of my hand. Though internally, I was glad at the prep I did last night, I have a plan for if I go up against each and every Team here, whether I be the Hero or Villain.

" MOVING ON, FIRST UP ARE... THE HEROES ARE TEAM A!! THE VILLAINS ARE TEAM D!! " All Might held up the two balls indicating the two teams. And I felt bad for Midoriya, he's going to end up in The Nurses Office... again.

" THE VILLAIN TEAM GOES IN FIRST! THE TIMER STARTS IN FIVE MINUTES, WHEN THE HERO TEAM SNEAKS IN. THE REST OF US WILL WATCH VIA CCTV! " All Might declared as the rest of us went to observe the fight from the Target Building, Basement Monitor Room.

All Might held a clipboard as the rest of us watched the screens. " WATCH CLOSELY AND TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING, EVERYONE! " All Might instructed. We watched as Midoriya and Uraraka sneaked into the building through one of the windows and walk through the hallways.

Only for Bakugo to leap around the corner in their direction. " A sneak attack!! " Mineta exclaimed with surprise as we watched the cameras. I watched with a look of concentration and a slight smile as Bakugo launched an explosive attack on Midoriya and Uaraka. But only managing to damage half of Midoriya's mask as Midoriya dodged, bringing Uraraka with him too.

" That's low, Bakugo!! Sneak attacks are so unmanly! " Kirishima shouted with anger.

" YET THEY ARE A VALID STRATEGY! THIS IS PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE! " All Might noted.

" That Midoriya sure can dodge! " Ashido exclaimed excitedly as she turned to and from Kirishima and back at the screens.

Bakugo went straight for Midoriya, going to hit him with a large right hook. Which Midoriya had predicted and read as he threw Bakugo over his shoulder and to the ground hard. Even though we couldn't hear the conversation between Midoriya and Bakugo, I knew it well enough that it played like a record in my head.

" What're they saying? These fixed cameras dont have any sound. " Kirishima questioned as we continued to watch the battle continue. I watched it with slight glee, in my eyes and big eyes.

" They're communicating with Micro-tranceivers! We give them to the battlers along with the buildings blueprints. " All Might answered Kirishima.

" Also, this is capture tape! Tying this around your opponent is sufficient proof of capture!! " All Might added as he held up a roll of tape to show us.

But then Ashido decided to speak up this time. " So they've only got 15 minutes, but the Heroes don't know the location of the weapon, right? The Hero Teams are at a real disadvantage, huh. ".

Though, All Might knew what to say to that. " IT'S LIKE AIZAWA TOLD YOU. SAY IT WITH ME! " All Might spoke as the rest of the class shouted.

" PLUS ULTRA. "

Though, I didn't join in. I was more fixated on the screen with concentration in my expression as I found myself cracking my fingers. Much to the cringing of some of the members of the class, and All Might, who looked at me with concern.

" He's amazing!! Going toe-to-toe without using his quirk. Against the second top-scorer in the Entrance Exam. " Hanta spoke with awe as we continued to watch the battle between Bakugo and Midoriya as it raged on.

Only for Midoriya to flee, Bakugo chasing after Midoriya like a hellhound.

" He's really angry. It's scary. " Kaminari commented.

Midoriya managed to escape for now, Bakugo skulking the halls. Though on the other side, was Uraraka and Ida. Ida going into the role of a villain and Uraraka finding it a bit funny and disclosing her location because of it.

But much to Uraraka's dismay, Ida acted accordingly and removed all objects from the floor to give her nothing to use. Which undoubtedly is a smart counter-strategy against her, that I don't doubt of. But, as Midoriya and Uraraka were communicating, Bakugo showed up, his grenade shaped gauntlet full.

The smile on my face got a little bit larger as the rest of us watched on as Bakugo began to pull the off the trigger. " BAKUGO STOP IT NOW, KID. YOU TRYING TO KILL HIM? " All Might spoke with worry as we watched Bakugo reach for the pin as he began to pull it with a big grin across his features.

And even from here, we heard the low rumbling boom as Bakugo pulled out the pin and all the stored up Nitroglycerin in his gauntlets was ignited, sending the explosive inferno at Midoriya. Who's costume was all but nearly completely destroyed.

While where Uraraka and Ida were, Ida got startled by the loud boom which gave Uraraka a chance as she used Zero Gravity on herself, leaping over Ida and heading for the nuclear weapon. Which Ida quickly moved out of her reach using his quirks speed.

Where Midoriya and Bakugo were, was completely destroyed due to the blast from Bakugo's gauntlet. " Sensei, shouldn't you stop him? Bakugo's crazy. He's looking to kill!! " Kirishima pleaded with All Might.

" No... " All Might quietly spoke, I wouldn't have known he'd said that if it weren't for my knowledge of this world through my manga.

" BAKUGO. USE THAT MOVE AGAIN... AND I WILL FORCIBLY END THE MATCH. YOU WILL LOSE. USING MASSIVE ATTACKS LIKE THAT INDOORS IS JUST ASKING TO HAVE YOUR OWN STRONGHOLD DESTROYED! WHETHER HERO OR VILLAIN... IT'S A BAD MOVE! AND A GOOD WAY TO LOSE POINTS! " All Might spoke to Bakugo.

Who didn't appear to be happy in the slightest about it, but just went to going for a direct frontal assault, then feint and hit Midoriya with an explosion at the back.

" He used the first explosion to simultaneously feint and change his own tack. Then he followed up with another... " Todoroki commented.

" He doesn't seem like a thinker, but that strategy was fairly intricate. " Yaoyorozu added.

" Damn this guy's good... " Kaminari spoke.

I just stayed silent, watching with keen eyes as Bakugo grabbed onto Midoriya's arm and twisted into slamming Midoriya into the ground.

" This is just torture now!! He could've already ended it with the capture tape! "

" Not very Hero-like of him... "

" I thought Midoriya was good, but... Bakugo's battle sense just can't be beat. He's all instinct. "

Comments went around the room, but I continued to be still and quiet. Observing, drowning out the others in the room.

As I watched with large eyes and a smile growing into a big Cheshire grin. As when the two clashed, Midoriya sent a Detroit Smash upwards, using his other arm to semi-dhield himself from the oncoming explosion from Bakugo.

And with Uraraka taking advantage of the damage, the Hero Team won.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 202 30
I offered my sister to help with teaching her new private student. I don't know her that well but I recognize her. We met a long time ago by accident...
81K 3.1K 31
COMPLETED Virtual. An underground pro-hero with a quirk similar to that of telepathy but can transmit a whole scenario into someone's mind. Through t...
165K 5.5K 35
"In the world eighty percent of the population has access to some form of supernatural ability, known as a Quirk. Having a powerful Quirk is a fast...
862 26 11
Y/N is terrified of using her quirk. Killing her parents when she was a child, she swore never to use her quirk again. But when it activates again, m...