Sonic and the Black Knight (V...

By ShiraFangirl

A wizard named Merlina, granddaughter of Merlin, was running away from some pursuer, summons Sonic and his si... More

~ Prologue ~
~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 3 ~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~ Chapter 5 ~
~ Chapter 6 ~
~ Chapter 7 ~
~ Chapter 8 ~
~ Final Chapter ~

~ Chapter 2 ~

3.9K 95 23
By ShiraFangirl

"Hmmm... I suppose something must be done about this." Caliburn said as Sonic, Y/N, and Merlina are walking through the forest.

"What're you talking about?" Sonic asked.

"My edge has grown blunt. Being in that rock for so long has taken its toll."

"Heh! Not the sharpest tool in the shed, huh?"

"That's because a gentleman shouldn't have such an edge."

"Ooooohhhh!!" Y/N and Wolflobe said in unison.

"Gentleman? Who are you calling 'gentleman'?" Sonic glared.

"Seek out the blacksmith in the castle town. I must be presentable when we meet the Lady of the Lake." Caliburn said.

"What about you Wolflobe? Don't your edge need to be sharp?" Y/N asked.

"I suppose I do. My edge and myself are made by the unknown magical gem. It is powerful, but it needs to be always sharpen." Wolflobe said.

"What're you gonna do, Merlina? Merlina? Hello...?" Sonic asked, looking over his shoulder along with Y/N.

Merlina bends down and picks up the flower.

"Why do flowers bloom, knowing they are destined to wither?"

"Huh?"

Merlina sighed.

"Their time of beauty is so short-lived. Forgive me, Sonic and Y/N, but I would be recognized in town. I shall remain behind, in hiding."

"Alright. Then I guess it's so long for now."

"Be careful out there, Merlina."

"Yes. May your journey be safe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and Y/N started running and roller skating along the way.

"Alright, time to find a blacksmith."

"Hmm... Something is very wrong, here. Better be careful." Caliburn warned.

"Yeah, you too, Y/N. I can smell it." Wolflobe said.

"Don't worry. We got this." Y/N said as her and Sonic made it through the castle.

They were suddenly blocked by strange purple knight goons. Her and Sonic easily jumped over them as more came.

"Everyone's acting strange. Let us survey the area ahead."

"Right..." Sonic said.

Y/N and Sonic took down the goons with their sword and kept on going. They then saw some citizens running away from the same purple knight goons.

"Are you okay?!"

"It's no use trying to talk to them while there are enemies around!" Wolflobe said.

"She's right! Let's keep on going!" Y/N said, slashing off the goons by the head.

"Hey... What's going on here?"

"It appears to be more than just a battle." Caliburn said to Sonic.

They zoomed their way while taking down the goons that are in their way and jumped high in the air. They later landed and kept on going until they made it to the bridge as they see more goons coming.

"We're trapped on this bridge!"

"No we're not!"

"No problem! We'll just barrel right through 'em!"

After taking them down, they made it to their stop. The Blacksmith shop. Y/N looked up the sign, seeing a rather familiar symbol with tails. As they enter, her eyes widen to see a rather familiar friend of hers.

"Tails?!" Y/N exclaimed in shock.

"Hey! Tails?! Nah, it can't be... This is the smithy, right?" Sonic said.

"It sure is! Welcome, knights!" Tails/Blacksmith greeted.

"He is no knight. At least not yet." Caliburn said. "But Y/N is and she's destined to be."

"I agree." Wolflobe said.

"Says you."

Y/N giggled.

"What a magnificent swords you two have! I've never seen those that talks before!"

"Oh, it talks alright..."

"They are very much knowledgeable."

They go inside.

"I know a fine blade when I see it! I am a blacksmith, after all!"

"Great. Think you could you sharpen this dull piece of rust?" Sonic asked.

"Fool! It is you who is dull!" Caliburn scowled.

"Of course I could! Now, what's the sword's name?" Blacksmith asked.

"Caliburn."

"Hm? Caliburn? Where have I heard that name before?"

"Sorry, but could you speed it up a bit? We're kinda in a hurry."

"Sonic! Rude!" Y/N glared at him.

"I have to agree." Caliburn said.

"Don't worry, miss. And sure! Leave it to me! Oh! And what's your sword's name miss?"

"Wolflobe."

"A wolf sword? Interesting. I heard that name before, too."

"You'll figure it out later." Y/N said.

"Okay. I'll get started right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Tails sharpen Caliburn and Wolflobe, they are now on their way to the Lady of the Lake as they bid him farewell.

"If I'm not mistaken, the Lady of the Lake lives somewhere up ahead."

"Wherever it is, I'm sure we'll find it if we just keep going."

Y/N sees a wagon with a horse as well as Sonic. They jumped on it as the horse began to run with the wagon.

"Hey, this could be helpful. Let's hitch a ride!"

"Yeah!"

"A wagon ride wouldn't be bad." Caliburn said.

"Mhm." Wolflobe nodded in agreement.

Y/N and Sonic noticed behind them are more goons coming for them.

"Here it comes! You can slay them when they leap. Watch for it!"

"Get ready!"

Sonic and Y/N slashed the goons off after they leapt towards them. The wagon suddenly began to shake them.

"H-Hey!"

"It's alright. We're following the road."

More goons came and then they were slayed again. The horse that was running jumped off the cliff and the wagon crashed. The horse ran off after it was free. The hedgehog siblings luckily landed.

"It looks like we've run right into the forest." Sonic said, looking around. "Is this the right way?"

"Do we know if this is where Lady of the Lake might be?" Y/N asked.

"Yes, the lake is said to lie in the remote part of the forest." Caliburn answered.

"That's huge..."

"It looks beautiful..."

"Indeed, Y/N." Wolflobe said. "This sacred tree protects the forest."

As they went through the forest, they dodged the big nests that move side to side as they don't want to get stung.

"It looks like there's some kind of settlement here."

"Could it be King Arthur in here?" Y/N asked.

"I don't think so. I don't sense him here."

"Hm... Anyone living around here must be a little strange." Sonic said.

They later took down the goons while avoiding the citizens that are living here. After that, they made it out of the settlement.

"Up ahead?"

"Yes, that's right. You two should soon be able to see the lake."

As they were running and roller skating, they suddenly stopped to see Lancelot who's standing before them, waiting for them.

"I have found you two, apprentice knights, enemies of my King!"

"Who the heck are you?" Sonic asked.

"Shadow...?" Y/N asked, recognizing him.

"I am Lancelot, Knight of the Round Table. I challenge you two to a duel!" Lancelot declared, pointing his sword at them threatenly.

Sonic sweatdropped as if he's being reminded.

"Some things never change..."

"What do you mean by that?" Caliburn asked.

"What is he talking about, Y/N?" Wolflobe asked.

"Aw, nothing. It's just that he looks like trouble."

"More like he is. And he's almost the same as Shadow that we know..." Y/N said, staring at Lancelot.

"What shall it be? Will you abandon your swords and flee?" Lancelot asked.

Before Sonic could say anything, Y/N cut him off.

"We will never flee like a coward you think we are."

"Sis, what are you doing?! We should flee!"

"Fool! Like Y/N said, a knight never flees a foe!" Caliburn said.

"May I have your name apprentice knights?"

"I am Y/N the Hedgehog, and I accept your challenge!"

Y/N pointed her Wolflobe who's growling at Lancelot as she activate her angry mode. Lancelot was surprised for a girl like her to accept it without a second thought.

"He is Knave the Hedgehog, and he accepts your challenge!" Caliburn said, before moving himself to Sonic for him to grab the handle.

"Hey, wait just a second here!"

"Very well, then! Brace yourselves, Y/N and Knave the Hedgehogs!" Lancelot said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now we shall see what you can do."

Y/N glared at Lancelot and zoomed in towards him and raised her blade towards him. She was about to do the tremendous horsecut when he blocked it with his own blade against hers. They fought to push each other back with sparks coming out until they release their swords and clash and clash. Y/N dodged the swing Lancelot was sending and kicked him to the side where Sonic is. Sonic and Lancelot fought as their swords clashed and Sonic jumped back when Lancelot rapidly started swinging.

"You're going have to do better than that to defeat me." Lancelot said.

"Man, I knew this guy was gonna be trouble!" Sonic exclaimed, spin dashing towards Lancelot with Caliburn.

Lancelot blocked the attack with his sword again.

"Your foe is a Knight of the Round Table. Do not let your guard down." Caliburn warned.

"Knave the Hedgehog, eh? A fitting name, I'd say." Lancelot commented.

Y/N growled and jumped in and kicked him in the chest not without slashing him with Wolflobe which he immediately deflect it with his sword again as he flew back.

"His name is Sonic the Hedgehog!"

"That's right!"

"I don't know. I think I'd have to agree. Knave fits you to a T!" Caliburn said.

Y/N and Wolflobe rolled their eyes. Lancelot slashed his sword against Y/N who brought up her blade as they clash and clash, pushing her back. He was about to swing his sword again when she jumped and landed on his blade. He was shocked that she can do that. He spun her to get her off. Y/N got off of his sword and jumped again but higher and raised her Wolflobe to strike him. Lancelot easily blocked it with his sword again and twisted her sword so his sword is holding it down. She struggled to move Wolflobe and managed to forcibly move her sword from him, only for her sword to fly up in the air.

"Whoooooaaaaa!!" Wolflobe yelped.

Y/N looked up in worry for her and looked back down at Lancelot who smirks and goes to strike her. Sonic was about to come to Y/N's aid when Y/N smacked Lancelot's sword away with her armored gauntlet, catching him off-guard and got kicked in the face. He managed to dodge the other kick she was going to send. Lancelot tried to hit her but she cartwheeled away from the blade and landed and caught Wolflobe before she hits the ground.

"Not bad." Lancelot said, getting impressed with her skill.

"Really? Then, get impressed with this. Sonic!"

Before Lancelot could think, Sonic zoomed in and had his Caliburn raised and goes to strike him when he quickly blocked it. This gave her a chance and raised her Wolflobe and strike Lancelot's blade combining with Sonic's blade. The hedgehog siblings nodded each other and together they pushed him back along with his sword as it was send flying and the blade pierced the ground. Lancelot was now down as he kneel in defeat.

"I was far too careless. Tsk..."

After Lancelot was defeated, Sonic walked around him and grabbed Lancelot's sword as Caliburn instructed him. Y/N stood there, staring down at him.

"Go ahead. Finish me."

Y/N stared at him in confusion, releasing Wolflobe so she could float.

"Why would I do that? That's unsportslike."

"What...?"

"I am not that kind of the person. The best way to destroy an enemy is to make them a friend."

Lancelot stare at her for a moment before looking down in silence. Y/N then turned away and followed after Sonic and Caliburn with Wolflobe who was with her the whole time, listening. Before they leave the forrest, Y/N looked back at Lancelot.

"Hey."

He looked up.

"Good fight. Keep it up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 400 16
Arthur, a young hedgehog, also known as Sonic, was the prince of the kingdom. His childish behavior always angered his mother, but his father, howeve...
2.4K 25 14
Post Black Knight, Sonic finds he can't return home, at least not yet. Stuck in this world, he must take his rightful place in it, along side the kni...
17.6K 431 16
After separating herself from her friends, Amy Rose has become a matured, independent hedgehog of 17. But what madness will occur when a robot smashe...
13K 481 13
There are two kingdoms: the Blue Swords and the Black Armor. Those two kingdoms have been at war for ages. The Gods, who were watching from above, ar...