A very intriguing predicament...

By Ashen_Kitten04

She was quite an average person, good grades, liked spending her free time watching her favourite shows.But o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
35k!
Temporary Discontinument and Future Rewrite

Chapter 6

2.5K 125 83
By Ashen_Kitten04

Coming back to consciousness, I felt like complete shit as my head was pounding and my entire body ached. It was like the second day of staying with Aizawa after our first P.E lesson. Opening my eyes, I also noticed that I was in a bed.

Looking around, my eyes were a bit fuzzy but quickly cleared up. I was clearly in Recovery Girls office, sitting up with a bit of effort I felt something fall from my head and land on my lap, looking down at it. It was a bag of ice, not to mention the fact that every window by me was opened.

Hearing the curtain be pulled across, I turned to see Recovery Girl enter. Along with a not so impressed Aizawa, " You're lucky I could get her here to cool her off, her body temperature was at 45°C and she was extremely fatigued. " Recovery Girl explained to Aizawa.

So when Recovery Girl's eyes went to me, as well as Aizawa's, I knew that I was in for a serious lecture from Aizawa about overusing the quirks I copied. " You're awake, you're lucky that you didn't have any other injuries except for your heatstroke, "Recovery Girl spoke.

" What you did was extremely reckless Kid, you're lucky that the most I'm going to do is ground you for until you get your letter back from the school. And no, I'm not going to tell you your score either. " Aizawa scolded as he sat down in one of the chairs beside my bed.

" My idea was that by stopping the Zero Pointer, I could give the short black haired guy and the other examinees a chance to get away from it as quick as possible before anyone else could get injured. " I explained to Aizawa.

Though, his irritated expression didn't change. So when Kayama and Yamada came in, I was attacked by hugs. " Never do that again Kathryn, that was extremely reckless! " And similar comments were made by Kayama and Yamada as I was crushed in a hug by the two of them.

" I'm fine you two, I just overused a few quirks and the mixture of my increased body temperature and fatigue caused me to faint. Other than that, I'm completely fine! " I tried to calm them down as I gave them a smile to show that I was fine.

But Yamada had a little more to say, " That's still not good Little Listener, when Shota told me, I was absolutely worried sick!! " Yamada exclaimed. I was eventually released from the crushing hug of Kayama and Yamada when Recovery Girl told them that I needed to stay cool and their hugging was not going to help considering how long it took her to cool me down in the first place.

After a while, and Recovery Girl checking me for any other injuries. I was allowed to leave, which was basically me getting dragged back to Aizawa's apartment by his capture tool.

A week went by and I was not allowed to leave the house due to being grounded, and Aizawa made sure to punish me for being reckless during our other training sessions. I think he was being nicer to me beforehand because Aizawa gave me no mercy when we sparred.

And even if I had sorta gotten used to his fighting style, Aizawa made sure to use Erasure so I couldn't use any of the quirks I knew and had learnt during the exam.

But I understand that Aizawa was most likely worried when he was told by Recovery Girl that I was in the Nurses Office with a high temperature.

Though, I couldn't use Half-Cold, Half-Hot to cool myself down. So I had no way to lower my body heat, even if all the internal heat made me sweat more so I could let off more explosions with Bakugo's quirk.

Sitting in my room with my notebook, I went over the quirks I had in there. When the door to my bedroom opened and in walked Aizawa, holding up a letter. " Your letter's here, I'll give you some privacy so you can read it. " Aizawa spoke.

Perking up and jumping from my bed I got my letter, and Aizawa left the room. I rushed to my desk, ripping open the letter as the little machine for the projection landed on the desk. " THIS IS A PROJECTION!! HELLO YOUNG WALKER, AND YES! I AM A TEACHER AT U.A. HIGH SCHOOL! " Spoke All Might in the projection.

" CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING THE WRITTEN EXAM! AND FOR THE PRACTICAL YOU EARNT A WHOPPING 55 VILLAIN POINTS! BUT NOT ONLY WERE YOU EARNING VILLAIN POINTS DURING THE EXAM, BUT RESCUE POINTS WERE ALSO A FACTOR IN THE EXAM! YOU EARNED 45 RESCUE POINTS TOO! YOU PASSED AT THE TOP OF THE SCOREBOARD WITH A TOTAL OF 100 POINTS! YOU'RE IN. COME NOW, WALKER! THIS WILL BE YOUR HERO ACADEMY! " All Might spoke on the projection, my eyes were wide as I realised that instead of Bakugo being first in the Practical Exam.

I came first in the Practical Exam, which means that I'll be the Class Representative in Class 1A.

--------------------------

So when Spring came, I was practically bursting at the seams, I woke up early that morning and brushed my teeth, put my hair back and into a ponytail as I got into my school uniform.

Kayama and I went shopping last week for school supplies and a backpack, Aizawa was proud when I told him I got into Class 1A of the Hero Course and let me have a break for until school started.

Leaving my bedroom I saw Aizawa in the kitchen with two cups of coffee, one for me and one for him. Going over and grabbing my cup I gave Aizawa a smile, to which he returned with a small smile back. I was not exactly happy that the girls uniform included a skirt and tried to ask for a pair of trousers instead.

But according to Nezu, it wouldn't have been fair if I was the only girl who got to wear trousers, so I had to wear the skirt and I could wear tights if I didn't feel comfortable in it. So that's what I decided to do, get a pair of regular tights and thick thermal ones for the autumn and winter.

" You should start heading to class soon, I'll head to the class that have me for Homeroom. " Aizawa spoke, nodding I quickly gulped down my coffee and got my shoes of before leaving and heading to Class 1A.

Walking through the halls I noticed Midoriya as he approached the Class 1A door. So running over to him, I tapped him on the shoulder, making him jump in shock as he turned to face me. But quickly calmed down seeing that it was me and not Bakugo or Ida.

" Oh! Walker, congratulations on getting first in the Practical Exam! " Midoriya spoke, and to be honest, it was times like this I didn't exactly like how the Japanese would refer to someone by their last name instead of their first name when they weren't close friends.

So with a sigh I decided to say so, " Just call me Kathryn, please, it's a bit weird being referred to by my last name. ".

" I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable! Uh, should we go in? " Midoriya asked as he pointed to the door.

Nodding, I opened the door and walked in with Midoriya following behind me.

Only to see Bakugo with his foot on one of the desks and Ida reprimanding him for it. " Remove your foot from that desk! Such an action is insulting to those who came to U.A. before us as well as the craftsmen who made the desk!! ".

" Like I care. What Middle School are you from, you Extra? " Bakugo spoke back as he kept his foot up on the desk.

Iida quickly replied to Bakugo's question. " I-I'm from Somei Private Academy. My name is Tenya Ida. ".

" Somei?! A stuck up Elitist, then? I should blow you to bits. " Bakugo responded.

This shocked Ida who reeled back with an arm over his chest protectively. " You're awful. Do you really wish to become a Hero?! " Ida spoke with a gasp of shock. Though, he noticed Midoriya as he came in after me.

Shuffling over to Midoriya he began to talk. " I'm from Somei Private Academy... " Ida went to introduce himself.

" I heard you before! Ah... I'm Izuku Midoriya. Pleased to meet you Ida... " Midoriya spoke as he seemed surprised and nervous from Ida's sudden introduction.

" Midoriya... you... you perceived the true nature of that practical exam. While I did not...!! I misjudged you!! I hate to admit it, but you were the superior candidate! " Ida spoke as he looked away while grinding his teeth.

" I didn't perceive anything!! " Midoriya spoke.

But when the door behind us opened, I saw the brown hair of Uraraka as she noticed Midoriya.

" Ah! That curly hair!! " Uraraka exclaimed which made Midoriya jolt in surprise as he turned to face Uraraka. " The plain-looking boy!! You got in! Just like Present Mic said!! Makes sense though!! That punch was awesome!! " Uraraka exclaimed as she raised her arm and fist up and down in a swinging motion.

" No! I mean...! I have to thank you for speaking on my behalf... I... well... Huh? How do you know about that? " Midoriya questioned as he began to get nervous and flustered as his face began to turn red.

" So, we've got our entrance ceremony and guidance sessions today, yeah? Wonder what our Teacher'll be like? Boy, I'm nervous! " Uraraka spoke, I just remained silent as the door opened to reveal Aizawa in his sleeping bag, on the floor.

" If you're here to socialise, then get out. " Aizawa spoke as he got out a pack of juice from his sleeping bag.

" This is... " Aizawa stopped as he took a large suck of the pack of juice before continuing, "... the Hero Course. " I just stood next to Midoriya with a calm expression in comparison to everyone else looks of surprise as Aizawa beg to get out of the sleeping bag.

" It took eight seconds for you to quiet down. Time is a precious resource. You lot aren't very rational, are you? " Aizawa spoke.

" So he's a Pro Hero too...? " I heard Midoriya speak quietly as Aizawa continued and began to introduce himself to the class.

" I'm your Homeroom Teacher, Shota Aizawa. Pleased to meet you. ".

" Homeroom Teacher?! " The rest of the class exclaimed in surprise while I stayed quiet. So when Aizawa reached into his sleeping bag the class was silent once more.

" Quickly now. Change into your Gym clothes and head out to the grounds. " Aizawa spoke as he pulled out a U.A. Gym uniform.

The girls and I headed to the girls changing rooms, where some of the girls began to introduce themselves to one another. " Hey! I'm Mina Ashido! What's your name! " I heard from behind me as I got into my Gym clothes.

" Ncie to meet you Ashido, my names Kathryn Walker. " I replied as I kept my calm and cool expression. This made some of the girls in the changing rooms gasp a little in surprise.

" You're the girl who got the highest score on the Practical Exam right? " Mina asked to which I nodded in reply.

Once I finished getting changed, along with the other girls and the boys, we headed to the grounds with Aizawa who explained what we were going to do. " A test... of our quirks?! " everyone questioned, though Uraraka quickly spoke up.

" What about the entrance ceremony?! Or guidance sessions?! "

" No time to waste on that stuff if you want to become Heroes. U.A. is known for its "freestyle" education system. That applies to us Teachers as well. Soft-Ball Throwing. The standing long jump. The 50-meter dash. Endurance running. Grip Strength. Side-to-side stepping. Upper-body training. Seated toe touch. You did all these in Middle School, yes? Your standard no-quirks-allowed gym tests. " Aizawa started as he looked over at us with his usual, tired expression as he began to explain.

" This Country still insists on prohibiting quirks when calculating the averages of those records. It's not rational. The Department of Education is just procrastinating. " Aizawa continued, he then turned his head to look at Bakugo, I could guess that he's avoiding getting me to do the soft-ball throw first because I didn't exactly go to Middle School here.

And England doesn't exactly do those gym tests either.

" Bakugo. How far could you throw in Middle School? " Aizawa asked Bakugo.

" Sixty-seven meters." Bakugo replied.

" Great. Now try it with your quirk. Do whatever you need to. Just don't leave the circle. Give it all you've got. " Aizawa instructed as he passed Bakugo the soft-ball.

Bakugo began to stretch his arms as he then began to throw the ball " Awesome. " Bakugo spoke and then shouted, " DIE!! " as he threw the ball with an explosion to propel it further. This resulted in a small shockwave which blew wind and some dirt at us, who were watching.

The ball eventually landed and Aizawa's device beeped. " It's important for us to know our limits. That's the first rational step to figuring out what kind of Heroes you'll be. " Aizawa spoke as he showed the class the distance of Bakugo's throw.

Which was 705.2 Meters.

" 705 Meters? Seriously? "

" Whoa!! This is awesome!! "

" So we can use our quirks for real!! Man, the Hero Course is great. "

And it was that last comment that was the straw to break the camel's back, because that comment just made this class dig the grave for whoever comes in last place.

"... Awesome... you say? " Aizawa started. " You're hoping to become Heroes after three years here... And you think it'll be all fun and games? " Aizawa questioned as he gave the class a stare which I knew meant absolute hell.

" Right. The one with the lowest score across all eight events will be judged hopeless... and will be expelled. " Aizawa finished.

" WHAAAAAT?! " Exclaimed the rest of the class in surprise and horror. I just stayed calm with an equally calm expression too.

" Your fates are in our hands. Welcome, this is... " Aizawa spoke as he used one of his hands to move away the hair in his face.

" The Hero Course at U.A. High!! " Aizawa spoke.

And again, Uraraka was the one to speak up against Aizawa. " The Lowest Scorer will be expelled...? It's only the first day! I mean, even if it weren't... that's totally unfair!! "

" Natural disasters... Highway pileups... Rampaging Villains... Calamity is always right around the corner. I'd say Japan is full of unfair things. Heroes are the ones... who correct all that unfairness. " Aizawa begun once more, putting down his hair with a sigh.

" If you were hoping to spend your evenings hanging out at McDonald's... I'm sorry to tell you... That for the next three years... U.A. will run you through the wringer. That's Plus Ultra. Use your strength to overcome it all. So bring it. " Aizawa spoke as he had a small smirk on his face as he held up his finger as he pointed it at himself in a challenge.

" The Demonstration is over. Now it's for real. " Aizawa finished as the first event began, the 50-meter dash. But due to us having to run in two's, I was going to be running alone as I watched the first group go.

Ida getting the fastest score at 3.04 seconds. Guessing that I can't imitate Mutation quirks I decided to not ask Ida about his quirk, I'm gonna use Bakugo's quirk for this one, hopefully he doesn't try to kill me when he see's me using his exact quirk.

When it was my turn I used Bakugo's quirk and held out both hands behind my back as I did the same thing Bakugo did and blasted myself across the 50-meters. Which came with some gasps of surprise as I ended up getting 4.6 seconds.

" What the hell was that! That was my quirk!! " I heard the shouting of Bakugo as he began to march over towards me with a look of rage on his face.

Turning to him, I held my same calm expression. " Yes? You must be this 'Kaachan' Midoriya told me about, I had asked if he knew about any useful quirks and he told me about yours. My quirk is Imitation, I can use another person's quirk as long as I know how it works. " I explained as I then began to go back to the rest of the class while I saw Midoriya look surprised at how calmly I explained that.

That's when Uraraka approached me. " Is that why you asked me about my quirk that day too? "She asked, to which I nodded in reply.

" Yeah, it's pretty useful so I wanted to be able to use it. " I added.

Then the next event, grip strength:

I decided to use Death Arm's quirk, the other one Midoriya told me about. Which resulted in a grip strength of 300 Kg. Not bad to be honest, I was happy with my result for this event as I had a small smile on my face.

Third Event, Standing long jump:

The same as with the 50-meter dash, I just copied what Bakugo did with increasing irritation from Bakugo who demanded that I quit copying him and his quirk. To which I refused, telling him that I am not going to make myself get a lower score because of Bakugo's superiority complex.

Fourth Event, side stepping:

Not my best score, but I just did it without using any quirk because Mineta's quirk is mutant, I couldn't ask and imitate it. Though, training with Aizawa and sparring with him did make my side stepping rather quick, but not the highest score.

Fifth Event, soft-ball throw:

Instead of Imitating Bakugo's quirk like the other events, I just imitated Uraraka's quirk and got infinite as well. Midoriya went after me for this one and I walked over to the others.

" Midoriya isn't doing very well... " Uraraka stated with a worried tone.

" Well duh, he's a quirkless runt! " Exclaimed Bakugo as he pointed at Midoriya who entered the circle for the soft-ball throw.

" Quirkless?! So you haven't heard about his feats during the entrance exam?! " Ida questioned Bakugo who now looked confused at that.

" Huh? " Bakugo questioned.

Though I just watched, watched as Midoriya began to throw, going to use One for All to break his arm and throw the ball. Only for the ball to only go 46 meters with confusion from Midoriya as he looked down at his hands with wide eyes.

" Huh... But I was trying to use it... " Midoriya spoke quietly.

" I "erased" your quirk. " Aizawa spoke up, grabbing his capture tool as his hair began to float upwards and he glared at Midoriya with glowing red eyes.

" That ridiculous entrance exam... completely irrational when you consider someone like you got in. " Aizawa spoke.

I was just hoping Kirishima wouldn't point out the fact I used the same scarf around Aizawa's neck during the entrance exam in order to swing around like spiderman. Because knowing Aizawa, he wouldn't want the rest of the class knowing that I happen to live with him and think that I'll be his favourite because of that reason.

" Erased...?! Those goggles... of course...! " Midoriya started as he turned to look at Aizawa in shock. " He's The Erasure Hero, Eraser Head!! " Spoke Midoriya with shock, though, the rest of the class seemed to be confused.

" Eraser? I've... never heard of him. "

" I think I've heard his name before! He's an angler-type Hero! " The rest of the class talked.

I just stayed quiet as I watched, " I saw it... how you can't control your quirk. You'd just be incapacitated again. Were you hoping someone would step in to help afterwards? " Aizawa spoke.

" N-no, it's not like that... " Midoriya began to speak, but was pulled closer to Aizawa with a tug of his capture tool.

" Whatever you were planning... it would have inconvenienced those around you. " Aizawa started.

" Way back when, a certain hot-blooded Hero... saved over a thousand people during a disaster. He made himself a legend. You've got the same reckless streak, but... you're totally useless just after saving a single person. Izuku Midoriya. You cannot become a Hero with that power of yours. " Aizawa spoke as he glared at Midoriya once more.

And with a sigh, he blinked, his hair falling back in front of his face. " You've got your quirk back... give it another go. Lets get this over with. " Aizawa spoke as he pulled out some eyedrops and used them because of his dry eye after using Erasure.

" Are you worried about him? I'm... not worried at all. " Aoyama spoke as he put a hand on Uraraka's shoulder.

" Seems like he received some special instruction. " Ida spoke as he put a hand to his chin.

" Yeah, the instruction to leave this school. " Bakugo added, I just stayed quiet as I watched as Midoriya began to mutter to himself.

" You have... no chance... " spoke Aizawa as Midoriya began to throw the ball. And just using One for All in the tip of his finger before he threw it.

705.3 meters.

And I could see the surprise on Aizawa's face shift to an impressed smile.

" Sensei...! I... can still move. " Midoriya spoke as he looked at Aizawa with a pained smile as tears gathered in his eyes. I just had a knowing smile as I was happy that Midoriya proved to Aizawa that he was not hopeless.

" Woo! Now that's a Hero-like record if I ever saw one. " Uraraka cheered.

" His fingers appear to be swollen. Thinking back to the Entrance Exam... what a strange quirk... " Ida spoke as he looked at Midoriya.

" Stylishly done. " Spoke Apoyama as he looked at what I could guess would be the camera in the anime.

Though, I was so close to cracking up in a laughing fit at Bakugo's face of pure shock. Then as Bakugo literally started crawling like a hellhound toward Midoriya with explosions coming from his palms. " What the hell? Explain yourself, Deku!! " Shouted Bakugo.

Midoriya looked so terrified, and I don't blame him.

But then Aizawa quickly caught Bakugo with his capture tool, much to Bakugo's confusion. " What the... this cloth... it's stiff!! " Bakugo strained out as he tried to get to Midoriya, struggling against the capture tool. Though, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the look of confusion on Kirishima's face as he looked at Aizawa then myself.

Ooh, how am I gonna explain that? Aizawa was the one who asked me to use it during the exam.

" It's a "capture weapon" made of carbon fibres and a special metal alloy wire. Geez. Stop using your quirk already... I'm getting dry eye over here. " Aizawa spoke as he glared at Bakugo.

" What a waste of time. Prepare for the next event. " Aizawa added as he sighed, blinked a released Bakugo.

" Is your finger okay? " Uraraka asked Midoriya with concern.

" Ah... yeah... " Midoriya answered.

After that, the rest of the events were alright. I did the best at endurance running, though that makes sense since sparring with Aizawa for any amount of time requires a lot of endurance in order to actually dodge his capture tool and evade some of his attacks, I just played it off by saying that I do long distance running in my spare time.

Eventually, the events were over.

" Moving along. Time for the results. Your total scores reflect your performance in each of the events. Explaining the process would be a waste of time, so all you get are the final rankings. " Aizawa spoke as he brought up the final scores.

" Also, I was lying about expelling someone. That was a rational deception... meant to bring out the best in all of you. " Spoke Aizawa with a smile on his face. Everyone was surprised about this, everyone except me and Yaoyorozu.

" Well of course it was a lie... didn't take much to figure that out... " Yaoyorozu spoke.

" Except the fact he's expelled 154 students before, " I mumbled under my breath with a small smile.

Aizawa turned around and began to walk away. " Anyway. We're done here. Your documents about the curriculum and such are back in the classroom. Give them a look. " Aizawa spoke.

" Midoriya. Have Recovery Girl fix you up. Tomorrow's trials aren't gonna be any easier. " Aizawa added as he gave Midoriya a slip of paper for him to go to the Nurses office.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 193 54
[COMPLETED] Heiress to the richest company in the world. The government of Japan has good relationships with your grandfather. It was the duty of the...
58K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
165K 5.5K 35
"In the world eighty percent of the population has access to some form of supernatural ability, known as a Quirk. Having a powerful Quirk is a fast...
215K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed •Intro •30 chapters •Hal...