Safe Haven - Book One [BxB|18...

由 as_it_should_be

Book one of [Dandelion & Daisy] & Prequel of [Paradise] . "...Let's dance in the breeze together forever, dan... 更多

Before you proceed on reading...
Author's Note, Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Interlude
19
20
21
22
23
Interlude❗
24
25🥀
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35🥀
36
37
38
39
Love Record
40
41
42❗
43
44
45
46
Interlude❗
47❗
48
49🥀
Blue Feeling
50
51
52❗
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62❗
63
64🥀
65
66
67
68
Special Chapter: Levi
69
70❗
71❗
72
73
74
75
76❗
Epilogue
Valentine's Day Special
Not an Update, But A Token of Gratitude

10

568 49 0
由 as_it_should_be

Please feel free to correct my writings! :)

___________________________

There is a small cafe on the edge of the street. The shop illuminates a warm and cosy atmosphere with its yellow lights and dark wood pieces of furniture. The cafe serves only three types of coffee and a few various kinds of tea. But even though the drinks are limited, the cakes they offer taste amazing.

Kana goes into the warm cafe and sits at his usual spot, which is a table at the corner of the room beside a tall and wide window that directly faces the street. He then turns his doe eyes towards someone who's now currently approaching him. Kana replies to the girl's smile before greeting her with his usual gentle intonation, "Hello, Sophie. How are you today?"

The girl is caucasian. Petite in figure and wearing a white shirt and brown skirt with an apron around her waist. Her blonde hair is loosely tied in a high ponytail and her ocean-blue eyes twinkle in delight. She sets down a cup of chamomile tea on Kana's table before replying to the greeting, "Hey Kana! I'm good. It's nice to see you again. What cake do you want? I have carrot cake, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, chocolate cake, tira--"

"Sophie," Kana cuts Sophie's rap while laughing, "Let me greet you properly first."

The girl then let out a loud groan, "But I want you to hurry up and taste my cakes! I work so hard on them!"

Kana chuckles at the enthusiasm, "Then give me the best slice."

The girl instantly blush while trying to hide half of her face with the tray that she held. She then hurriedly goes back to the counter and picks up a strawberry shortcake and quickly comes back to place it in front of Kana. 

"Here, please let me know how it tastes!" She shyly says and happily skips back to the service counter. The cute gesture incites another chuckle from Kana as he continues to look at Sophie. 

"You and your smile should be illegal." a man's voice interrupts the small admiration and Kana turns to find a pair of identical ocean-blue eyes looking back at him. The caucasian man that is sitting in front of him has the same features as Sophie, but the man is as tall as Kana. He's wearing the same uniform and an apron around the waist. The man then clicks his tongue while shaking his head in disbelief, "My sister is really head over heels for you."

Shane is the owner and runs the small cafe with his little sister, Sophie. Kana became to know them 2 years ago when he randomly entered the cafe and orders a cup of chamomile tea along with a cheesecake. Kana immediately fonds of their cake and ended up becoming a regular customer there.

Kana shakes his head, "No, she just wants me to try her cake."

Shane raises his blonde brows at his seemingly oblivious friend, "Oh really? She gave you a strawberry shortcake among the other cakes she baked. You know what that means, right? Surely you're not that dense."

Kana replies with a shrug and takes a bite of the cake. As the fluffy and creamy texture fills his mouth with clouds, the sweet tooth lets out his signature warm smile while the wave of sweet taste continues to caress his tongue. Kana is so content with the taste that he failed to notice a little squeal coming from the service counter.

Shane, again, shakes his head while leaning further to the table and resting on his right elbow, "You're unbelievable."

Kana tilts his head in confusion, "What? What did I do?"

"You just radiate your charm in this small cafe and you don't even try. Lucky I don't bat for the same team." Shane playfully jokes before showing his serious face as he leans even closer, "You should set things straight and reject Sophie properly. Please, Kana. I don't want to see her suffer later on."

Kana knots his brows for further confusion, "But... You do know that I already rejected her many times, Shane. I even told her I'm gay."

"But she didn't give up on you, Kana. I'm sorry, but you need to know how determined her feelings are towards you. As her brother, it's hard to see her infatuation to you will end up in vain." Shane explains with a sad look on his face.

Kana knew very well how stubborn Sophie feeling is towards him. But as he said before, Kana had been repeatedly rejecting her feelings many times. However, the girl is very persistent and Kana didn't dare to reject her in a harsher way since she's Shane's little sister. Besides, Kana is also not that kind of person. In fact, he's too soft and will end up regretting the act.

But now that it's come to this, he might need to find a harder way. Not harsher, but just more direct. Kana smiles apologetically at Shane and nods, "I apologize in advance to you first if I make her cry later. Please don't hate me or be mad at me too much."

Shane replies the expression with his own, "I won't. You're my friend. I know you won't hurt her unless you need to. Besides, it's not your fault that you attract people like moths to a flame."

The comments earn a small laugh from both of them before Shane bid his farewell and left Kana as he needs to serve behind the counter. And with the doe eyes now looking at the service counter, Kana can't help to notice Sophie's stare. The pretty boy let out a small smile as a reply before averting his gaze away to look at the strawberry cheesecake.

...Sometimes... being wanted is exhausting. 

Kana let out a sigh before turning his head towards the scenery of the city outside the window. With every stranger passing his peripheral, the mudded mind that had been troubling him starts to dissipate a little. But suddenly, his vision catches a familiar silhouette and it is the photographer that he met yesterday.

Mike doesn't appear to see him yet, so Kana quietly watches the man excitedly and points the camera around. It's quite funny to look at.

It amuses Kana a little, creating another smile on his generous chestnut lips. The pretty boy then turns his vision back to the cafe and finishes the small staring session towards Mike. He then opens his messenger bag and took out the dusty blue poem book. The dainty fingertips trace the embossed title as his gentle voice reads the title in a soft and low voice, "Dandelion and Daisy" 

Feeling content with how the endearing feeling faintly seeps into his heart, Kana opens the book and reveals the beloved's signature and the short message that he left.

_____

To dandelion,
Hope to see you smile every day.

_____

Kana let out a small chuckle as he slowly follows the course of the signature while remembering the time when they're still together. The many memories they spent under the lone tree, the one intimate time that he let Kana get closer, and even the time when Kana's younger version confessed towards him at the waterfall. His shocked face was hilarious. 

Then suddenly, Kana hears tapping sounds coming from the window at his side. The pretty boy turns his head and found Mike already standing at the other side and smiling. The close distance surprise Kana a little, but the pretty boy decides to reply to the smile and subconsciously tilts his head to the right.

Mike must've thought Kana's smile was an invitation. Because as soon as those chestnut lips show a beautiful smile, Mike enters the small cafe and approaches Kana with a huge grin before sitting on the opposite side of the young writer. Putting the camera on the table, Mike then greets with the boyish smile still hanging on his lips, "Fancy seeing you here."

Kana closes his book before putting it in his messenger bag. Not wanting to be rude, Kana utters out a question in an attempt to at least create small talk, "Got good pictures?"

It seems that Mike appreciates his gesture. Because the blush on the photographer's cheeks from the cold weather seems to turn a shade darker. But as usual, Kana ignores it as his intention is just to not be rude to such a good man.

Mike takes the camera before turning it to show the screen and urges Kana to take the camera from his hands. Kana accepts and starts to slide the photos, admiring the beautiful shots of each one in admiration. But then he stops at one with wide eyes, because the picture shows his own image. It looks to be taken earlier since the angle came from the outside of the cafe.

It's a picture of Kana, sitting cross-legged inside the cafe with the small dusty blue book on his right hand. The warm illuminating light defined his side profile as the raven hair slightly fell covering a bit part of his eyes. He was smiling while gazing at the book.

"Pretty, right?" Mike's voice breaks his bemuse.

Kana shift his doe eyes to Mike and begins to notice the... smile, "There's something about you. I wondered why it is so easy to capture your beauty with my viewfinder. It confused me at first. But, I begin to realize that the reason is rather simple."

The cryptic words confuse Kana a little, wondering where this conversation is going. But his confused expression didn't deter the other as Mike leans closer by resting the folding arms on the table before looking at Kana even more intensely. The smile is still apparent on the man's lips, 

"I'm infatuated with you."

Kana's heart takes a leap, now beating faster as his doe eyes widen in surprise. It froze him, stopping every part of his system as he is clueless about how to react to such a sudden confession. So without thinking any further, Kana immediately takes his bag, stands up and walks out of the cafe without giving any words. He quickly left the scene, leaving the confused photographer that had been calling behind him.

.

.

.

The cloudy skies calm his raging heart. Kana is breathing heavily since he just walked as fast and far as possible from the cafe to avoid being caught up by Mike. Kana really doesn't want to deal with giving an explanation and prefer to avoid another flirting or heart-clenching situation.

Kana hasn't even settled his matter with Sophie. Now, another one comes around the corner. He really wonders why people seem to be easily infatuated with him. He doesn't like it when people try to open his heart. He can't help but feel unworthy and disgusted.

He's not special. He's just an unknown writer who has nothing but pen and paper. Well... he writes with his laptop. This is not in the old times. But a pen and paper seem cooler and more classic.

...What am I thinking? 

The young writer groans and decides to walk further into the park, sitting on a bench that is facing a circular fountain. His vision then catches people feeding pigeons and the random scene incites an inspiration inside his head. Kana takes out his notebook and pen before quietly writing whatever is on his mind, scribbling both words and pictures with the pen in his left hand.

Midway, Kana looks up to look at more detail to complete his notes. But his attention shifts the moment he sees a man's blurry silhouette behind the abundant droplets of water. He can't see the face but he quickly knows who it is.

With how frequently that person had been shown on TV and in ads, and how helplessly attentive Kana is to that person's well-being, it is impossible to not recognize him.

It can't be. There's no way that is him. He's in Bangkok.

Kana gulps before closing his eyes, thinking that he must be imagining things. It must be his longing to take its tool again. It must be his yearning heart that creates the image and seemingly in an effort to put it into reality.

His theory seems to prove right. Because as Kana opens his eyes and looks again in the same direction, the man's silhouette is not there anymore. The absence relieves him, but the bitter emotion seeps in and makes him chuckle the emotion out.

He must be going crazy. Kana must be going insane from all the accumulating longing and unrequired feelings. The beautiful memories wither his heart, slowly killing him little by little it seems.

I shouldn't... linger in the past any longer. He's... already happy with his own dreams. 

Kana, let go of the past and move on.

If you want to live and be happy... just... let go.

____________________

Thank you for reading my work!

I sincerely hope you enjoy my writing :)

Please don't forget to vote and feel free to give me comments to help me write better :D

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

128K 5.5K 12
Mew and Gulf were inseparable growing up. They were not just best friends, they were each other's family. But one day after a little argument Gulf m...
55.7K 2.8K 42
18+ *Mature Content * "...Alone you are powerful, but together you are unstoppable..." (There are some unexpected twists and turns and obstacles the...
134K 6.8K 64
•Based on a one-shot of the same title from my book [Dilemma]• A guilty pleasure for my sickening mind . !!The story contains: -Explicit content -Sto...
126K 6.9K 45
Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to forget about it, he never knew that the...