Forget-Me-Not → Regulus Black

By novaturient_hiraeth

Aurelia Livierre was many things. To Remus Lupin, she was a sister. Aurelia was the first one to find out abo... More

Swearwolf and Greasy Pelican Nose
Eccedentesiast
Flaxen and Lily-Flower
I'm Fine
Scars and Secrets
Disownment and Defeat
Study Sessions
Explanations
Apologies and Butterbeer
The Spring Season
Sybill and Sprout
Why So Serious?
Curiosity Kills the Cat
Filthy Little Mudblood
Amends
Cokeworth
Letters and Chocolate
Dead Serious
Regulus Arcturus Black
Boo, you whorecrux
Alas, earwax
Lockhart and Everhart
Beaming and Dreaming
Keep Calm and Quidditch On
Saltwater Breeze
But My Cheeri Owls
Aware Wolf
Gnarly Knarls
Halloween Spirit
'Tis The Season
Quoth The Raven "Nevermore"
Lovebirds and Love Notes
Demented Like A Dementor
O.W.L. Exams
The Greatest Honor
Elvendork! It's unisex!
The Dark Mark
Railview Hotel
Unexpected Surprise
The Uncovered Truth of Clement Livierre
I Could've Dropped My Croissant
Amortentia
Boggarts
The Wise Words of Dumbledore
The Grey Lady's Story
The Death of Ophelia
Trust
Aguamenti for that Incendio
Death Eater Academy and Pigfarts
The Beloved Burrito
Interests and Lemon Drops
Severus Snape is in Dire Need of Some Shampoo
How could it possibly get worse... I spoke too soon
Dinner Invitation and Attendance
Past Recollections and Ghost Conversations
The Room of Requirement
Subdolous Snivellus
Broken Charm and A Little Lad Who Loves Berries and Cream
The DADA Club
An encounter with a merman
First Meeting Disaster

Slytherin Prince

15.3K 564 151
By novaturient_hiraeth

Aurelia never felt more down. Lily's words pierced her heart like a dagger, as if they were shredding her insides. What James and Sirius did was uncalled for. Their actions were vile and cruel, and Remus, Peter, and Aurelia weren't any better. Remus acted as if nothing was happening, despite having the privilege of being a prefect. Peter laughed — watching hungrily at the ordeal. Aurelia said stop, nothing else, nothing more. She wasn't any better; she could have easily prevented everything in the first place. 

She was useless.

She was cruel.

At least that's what she thought.

What Lily said wasn't hurtful really — all she did was blatantly state the obvious — but it hurt Aurelia nonetheless.

"They're bullies."

Aurelia never saw the group of boys as anything but kind. They were sweet and caring; they brought a smile to her face and would all laugh at their memories, their adventures, their experiences.

But what Aurelia had seen definitely wasn't kind. Still, Aurelia felt a strong desire to punch Snape so hard after he had called Lily a Mudblood. Snape deserved what he got. He was practically asking for it. 

Aurelia never felt more disgusted with herself in her life. 

She was huddled up in her common room, looking out of one of the arched windows next to a midnight blue carpet that was covered in small, luminous stars. She simply stared out the window, her mind blank, vacant. 

She never felt so lonely.

Deciding that what she was doing was pointless, Aurelia slipped on a burgundy sweater and headed out of the common room. It wasn't past curfew yet, so when she bumped into the Grey Lady she did nothing but give her a reproving glare; some sort of reminder to not stay up too late. Aurelia sighed, wrapping her arms around herself — all of a sudden feeling deeply self-conscious. She hadn't even realized where she was going until she reached the Astronomy Tower. It was tall enough to have a superlative view of the starry night sky, and extremely airy, giving itself a serene feeling, reminding Aurelia of the Ravenclaw common room.

Someone was already there though.

Aurelia could distinctly make out the figure of Regulus Black — his perfectly wavy hair and ice cold eyes giving it a dead give away. He seemed to have noticed her, as he pat the spot right beside him. Not wanting to embarrass herself even more than she had already, Aurelia made her way over. They sat in complete silence, no words spoken between the two, simply enjoying being in each other's presence.

Finally Regulus looked to Aurelia, a look of curiosity taking over his features. "Aren't your feet cold?" he asked softly.

Aurelia looked down, just then noticing that she had neglected putting on any shoes. She shrugged carelessly. "A bit. But all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared."

"How come?" Regulus questioned. 

"My friend Xenophilius says they're such thing as Nargles. I suspect they're behind it."

"'Nargles'?" Regulus asked. "What are 'Nargles'?"

"Magical creatures that typically manifest mistletoe," Aurelia said knowledgeably. "They are mischievous and they can quite possibly have potent capabilities."

Regulus chuckled slightly. "You never fail to amuse me."

"I could say the same."

"I amuse you?"

Aurelia shot Regulus a deadpanned look. "No, I meant to say I amuse myself."

Regulus reddened, but said nothing, continuing to watch the stars.

"Do you know which one is Regulus?" he finally asked.

"I've never been good at Astrology," Aurelia admitted. "Are you?"

"It's my favorite subject," Regulus said. He then guided Aurelia's finger so it was pointing at one. "That's mine."

"It's pretty," Aurelia said quietly, gazing at it for a few seconds. "What's that big bright one?"

Regulus stilled for a second. "Sirius."

"His name is named after a star also? I thought your parents just named him that for entertainment purposes."

"I suppose it could work both ways."

"Personally," Aurelia said, "I think the Regulus star is the most beautiful."

"You do?" asked Regulus, looking temporarily in shock.

"It's the brightest star in the Leo constellation. It also means prince, which I suppose suits you. I mean, you are basically the Slytherin prince." Aurelia laughed ever so slightly, her twinkling eyes gazing at the star, before settling her eyes on the one next to it. "Sirius means glowing, which I suppose suits the star's name, but it's funny really. I can't even hear the word 'serious' before making a pun. You, however, are lucky in that regard."

"I thought you didn't know anything about Astrology," Regulus said, grinning briefly.

"I lied," Aurelia simply replied, before diverting her attention back to the night sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 679 33
My story is a little different from others. "Of course that's why he knew what to give you Harry!" Hermione tells him. "Who is that? Jayden Potter...
439K 10.7K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
23.2K 559 13
Y/n Lupin, Remus' little sister was sorted in Ravenclaw. Of course, this did not prevent the friendship between her and the so-called Marauders. At...
12.9K 584 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...