Porcelain

Av Inconvenient_Ideal

An unwilling dancer enrols into the Opera Populaire troop. But things get a little complicated with her on of... Mer

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47

16

5.3K 221 30
Av Inconvenient_Ideal

Erik had turned rather silent after that moment. So Fleurette picked up a book from a pile and flicked through it. Sitting down slowly on a pile of cushions, she opened it up and started reading. Fleurette turned the page and looked up when Erik had crouched down in front of her. He still looked a little confused. She tilted her head to the side and looked at him, the numerous candles down here made the light flicker in every which way. They caused an orange luminous glow to settle over them, yet made the shadows seem so much darker and thicker. From her sitting position the shadows gave Erik's white mask an eerie contrast. It also made it seem like there was no eye looking at her, but yet a dark empty space.

Shifting easily Erik sat down next to her and looked at the book she was reading. He nodded and looked up at the dark cavernous ceiling. "Yes." He said eventually, Fleurette looked at him with wide eyes. Tilting his head down to look at her, he nodded. "But if you tell anyone you come here, there will be consequences." Fleurette just sat with a smile on her face, Erik sighed. He highly doubted the woman beside him really took much note in his serious tone.

"Yay," she said quietly while snapping the book shut and fidgeting to kneel. "I promise I will be as secretive as I can be." Fleurette said honestly while reaching up to put the book back on top of the pile. Erik just looked at her and slowly nodded, he had no option but to really trust in her words. He watched as she jumped up and held her hands out to him. "Come on." Fleurette wriggled her hands out of the sleeves of the jacket and smiled. "Come on." She repeated while flexing her fingers. Erik raised an eyebrow and reached up and held onto her hands. He was a little surprised by the almighty pull which Fleurette gave to get him to his feet. For someone a lot smaller than himself she was surprisingly strong for her size.

Erik just looked at her confused as she pulled her arms out of the jacket and held it out to him. "What are you scheming?"

"Scheming? I am not scheming, do I look like the type to scheme?"

"Appearances can be so deceiving." He said while pulling the jacket on. The piece of clothing was still warm from being worn by the young woman in front of him.

"Hey! I am no schemer," Fleurette said in a matter of fact tone. She was trying to be serious but ended up laughing lightly and smiling. "Oh, fine, maybe I do plan some things ahead." She admitted and turned on her heels. Picking up her skirt slightly she walked quickly towards the boat and nodded at him. "Come on."

"May I inquire," Erik said while walking slowly up to where she was patiently standing. "Whatever it is you have planned in that head of yours, am I somehow involved?"

"Yes, but it's nothing bad!" Fleurette said while putting her hands together and looking at him with wide green eyes. "I promise you, it's nothing bad." She said while watching him jump into the boat. He turned and held his hands out to her, smiling and getting helped into the boat she sat down and looked over her shoulder. Erik's home disappeared into the eerie fog and soon all that was behind them was darkness.

Fleurette's eyes looked onward to the oncoming stone shore, even from here she could barely see the stairs which led up into the opera house. The small boat bumped against the stones and made her lurch forward in her seat slightly. Getting helped out of the boat, Fleurette walked quickly towards the stairs. She had to look over her shoulder to make sure Erik was walking behind her. He was so silent in his footsteps that the second it took her to stop and look at him, he nearly walked into her. This action caused him to narrow his eyes at her a fraction.

"Sorry," she smiled and walked up the stairs. The further she got to the end of the labyrinth of stairs and corridors the quieter she made her footsteps. Fleurette didn't know if there was anyone still up and about. But if there was, she didn't want them to spot her, or Erik. Peeking out from behind a backdrop, Fleurette could gladly say that everyone had gone home or retired to bed. "Wait here," she held her hands up at Erik who halted and looked at her with a really unamused look. He didn't quite like being kept in the dark about whatever it was Fleurette was planning.

He watched as she turned and ran quietly up a set of stairs which lead to the dancer's quarters. It was a few minutes later until she reappeared. She stopped at the end of the stairs and tied the string up of her cloak. Walking forward she stopped and looked around, Erik hadn't moved from his standing position yet with the darkness around them she couldn't see him.

Fleurette crossed her arms and walked forward to where she had last seen him. "Are you still here?"

"Yes." Erik answered and smiled lightly when she jumped. He was standing right beside her, he felt only a little guilt from enjoying frightening for a moment.

"Good, come on." Fleurette nodded happily and walked quickly off towards another set of stairs which led up into another part of the opera house. Erik followed after her and dearly wished to question why she was going up to the roof. He doubted though that Fleurette would give him an honest answer. But then he could clearly tell when she was lying. Erik was rather sure that he was one of very few who could tell when she was lying.

Looking out at the roof, Erik looked quickly at Fleurette. She stood at the top of the stairs and looked up at the sky. Walking up the stairs and stopping on the top stair alongside her he looked up too. He was trying to see what had caught her attention. All he could see was a surprisingly clear night sky and a load of brightly shining twinkling stars. Erik frowned and looked down at Fleurette, a small pang of annoyance ran through him. Did she honestly bring him up to the roof just to star gaze? Fleurette titled her head to the side and looked at him, clearly feeling his eyes on her. Erik looked away before she gazed up at him. Putting a hand on her shoulder he nudged her onto the roof.

"Pray tell why are we here?"

"You'll see." Fleurette said in a secretive tone while clasping her hands behind her back and rocking on her heels.

"I am not one for secrets."

"So," Fleurette said in a playful tone and leaned forward a little. "You want me to just confess to why I've bought you up here?"

"Yes." Erik answered bluntly, he frowned at a low whistling sound. The whistling wasn't coming from either of them.

Fleurette smiled at the sound, twirling she pointed up at the sky. "That's why." She smiled and looked over her shoulder at him when there was a burst of colour in the sky. Although she had a happy disposition she jumped and flinched at the loud exploding sound which accompanied fireworks.

Slowly, Erik walked up onto the roof and stood beside her and looked up at the sky. "Whose are they?"

"I'm not sure," Fleurette answered while keeping her hands tightly over her ears. "Some rich family no doubt. I remember when Eleanor and I were younger and living more in the country. There was a rather wealthy family near us, they'd set fireworks off for any occasion." Fleurette explained while flinching at the exploding sound again.

"How did you know about this?"

"There were leaflets strewn about, I saw one of those leaflets when I left the hospital."

"It seems a little bizarre then for a wealthy family to publicise a firework display."

"Erik!" Fleurette exclaimed while looking quickly from the sky to him. "Don't pick my rushed explanation apart! Just enjoy the show." She grinned and jumped again, he chuckled a little when he heard her mutter; "I love fireworks, but these explosions make me jump too much. Why can't fireworks be silent yet still be pretty?"

Whoever was the owner of the fireworks must have been extremely wealthy. Or have quite a substantial amount of money. Just as the two of them thought the display had ended, it would pick back up again. All the while Fleurette jumped and flinched at the exploding sounds. He had asked her why she still continued to watch if she hated the exploding banging sounds so much.

Fleurette had simply answered; "Because some things are worth being scared for." Erik merely nodded at this, not really knowing what to say. No sooner had she said that did she yelp and put her hands over her ears again. He shook his head slowly, he couldn't understand why she continued to watch if the banging noises scared her. Quickly glancing at Fleurette he frowned, she was tightly gripping onto her head over her ears. Yet her eyes were widely staring up at the sky with pure elation and expectation.

Letting out a slow sigh, Erik side stepped so he was standing behind her. Reaching up slowly he put his hands over hers. Fleurette jumped from the sudden contact, clearly not paying any attention to him moving. Her hands loosened and slipped away from underneath his. Although the next time there was a loud bang her hands flew up and gripped over his. Erik's input clearly wasn't aiding that much.

He looked down at the woman standing in front of him. Fleurette seemed utterly enthralled by the bright colours which were still being shot into the night sky. Feeling his hands get pulled away, Erik looked down. Fleurette seemed to have pulled some sort of courage from within herself to not need to attempt to block out the explosions.

Erik fidgeted a little uncomfortably when Fleurette entwined her fingers with his and put his arms around her. Slowly but surely he relaxed and realised that she was actually shivering a little. It seemed logical to try and get heat from somewhere. Fleurette leaned back against him, Erik tensed up again but relaxed and leaned his head on top of hers. It felt nice to hold onto something or in this case, someone.

Setting his eyes skyward Erik looked at a group of fireworks all varying from green to a bright orange. With the amount that was shot into the sky, he quickly figured that this was the end of the display. Fleurette flinched at every explosion which caused him to tighten his arms around her. Just like it was nice to hold onto someone, it also felt nice to hold onto someone for protection purposes. Erik knew logically he couldn't protect Fleurette from something so high in the sky that it posed no threat to her.

Fleurette turned in his arms and looked up at him. "Well I don't know about you, but I am glad I came up."

"Even though you were jumping every five seconds?"

"Yes, even if I was jumping so much." Fleurette rolled her eyes and looked back up at the sky. Now that the fireworks had stopped, the twinkling stars now took over lighting the sky.

"I am glad I came up too."

"Really? You seemed so...hesitant."

"I did not know what you were planning." Erik looked down at her, she giggled and nodded. "You could have just told me, you do realise that?"

"But I wanted to surprise you." Fleurette said while rubbing her eyes. He looked at her and then up at the sky. Fleurette placed her hands on his chest and leaned her head against them. She smiled lightly and shut her eyes. She opened her eyes a little when Erik had come to rest his head on top of hers. She was warm wrapped up in his arms and didn't really want to move.

"Come on," Erik said eventually moving away from her. Fleurette faltered forward from him moving away from her. She was just leaning against him almost asleep. He caught her and helped her get her balance back. A cold breeze blew over the roof which caused her to shudder. Erik reached up and tucked some of her hair behind her ear. He rested his hand against her cheek and tilted her head up a little. Fleurette smiled lightly up at him, yet looked a little confused when he leaned his forehead against hers. She shut her eyes, Erik looked at her peaceful expression. It was a little strange to know someone felt so at peace in his company. He didn't feel at peace with is own company, so it was a wonder how anyone else could be.

Fleurette's eyes opened quickly when there was the lightest pressure against her lips. Her hands gripped onto Erik's suit jacket as she tiptoed a little and responded to his kiss. He seemed a little taken back that she was even kissing him back. Slowly she reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, whereas he wrapped his arms around her tightly. The need for oxygen soon kicked in and Fleurette pulled away and leaned her head against his shoulder. Erik hadn't moved and still had his arms tightly wrapped around her. From over his shoulder Fleurette had reached over and placed her fingers over her lips. She had just had her first kiss, on a rooftop on a starry night after watching fireworks. And with a highly mysterious man which she hardly knew anything about. It didn't matter, Fleurette pondered over it. Did it honestly matter that she didn't know much about Erik? She did like him, she liked his company a lot.

Lowering her arms she stood normally, and slowly looked up at him. Erik looked over her expression and let her go. Fleurette gave a shudder from the cold night air. "Come on," he said quietly while putting an arm around her shoulders and guiding her towards the stairs.

"Erik?"

"Yes?" He looked down at her a little worried with what she was going to say. Fleurette opened her mouth slightly to say something but instead shook her head. She smiled and walked silently back down into the opera house. "I think you should retire to bed now."

"But-"

"Fleurette, go to bed." Erik said while stopping and looking at her. "Remember you are actually meant to be resting? Is that not what the doctors at the hospital told you to do?"

"But I have been resting...it is just boring."

Erik smiled and shook his head. "I am rather sure that visiting me, and venturing to the roof is not classed as resting."

Fleurette crossed her arms and pouted, she was at a defeat by his words. "I doubt I'll get much rest tomorrow anyway." She shrugged. "Rehearsals for the new show are starting tomorrow." She said sadly while looking down at the stage. "Two shows I have not been able to be a part of, what is actually the point of me being here?" Fleurette looked up at him and then looked over her shoulder at the stairs which led to the dancer's quarters.

"When the time comes to you taking part in a show. You will perform to the best of your ability," Erik said quietly. She looked at him a little shocked by his words. "Now, get to bed. You look exhausted."

"Will I see you tomorrow?"

"What do you think?"

"Yes," Fleurette smiled, Erik nodded and put a hand on the top of her head. He ran his fingers through the soft red curls and leant down. Kissing her on the forehead he moved away and walked off. In a matter of seconds the shadows of the opera house had swallowed him up and Fleurette couldn't see if he had fully gone or not.

Turning on her heels she walked towards the stairs and quietly walked up them. All the dancers were blissfully asleep. Eleanor was curled up holding tightly onto a pillow. Luckily for Fleurette her sister was a very heavy sleeper, she could make as much noise next to her sleeping form and she would not wake up. Settling down she pulled the cover over herself and shut her eyes. Like most times it took her a while to settle completely into sleep mode, but eventually she felt her mind drift off.

——

Reedited: 10/Jan/2022

FortsÀtt lÀs

Du kommer ocksÄ att gilla

59.8K 1.2K 36
What if the Phantom of the Opera had a childhood friend? Would he become the crazy person we've come to know and love? Would he fall in love with thi...
28.9K 955 17
After years of solitude, a woman quite literally falls into the life of the notorious Phantom that once haunted the Opera Populaire. She's different...
32.7K 957 26
When a young girl falls into the world of The Phantom of the Opera she soon finds herself becoming a dancer of the Opera Populaire. But soon her adve...
23.5K 670 31
Everyone had heard rumors of the infamous Phantom of the Opera. But that's all they were. Rumors. That is, until the Opera Populaire's Prima Donna wa...