My Brother's Best Friend's Ba...

By StrummingMendes

"Girls, girls, calm down! I don't want to get anyone else here pregnant!" He joked. "Anyone else pregnant?" "... More

Meet the Characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER *thank you for 1 million reads!!!*

forty

28.9K 619 140
By StrummingMendes

"Happy Birthday," Wyatt whispered into my ear as his strong arms pulled me closer to his chest.

I cracked my eyes open and reached behind me to brush his hair as I watched the early morning sunlight pour into my window.

"It doesn't feel like my birthday," I mumbled.

"It definitely it, Grayson has reminded me every single day for the past week," He chuckled.

"If you say so," I smiled, finally turning over to face him. I placed a light kiss on his lips, "Aren't we supposed to be in school right now?"

"Yes, but it's your birthday, so we're not going."

"What did my mother say about this?" I asked him, running my fingers through his messy morning hair.

"She said it was fine, your brother isn't going to school either to make it fair," Wyatt promised.

"So, if we're not going to school, what are we doing today?" I asked.

"That's something I'm not telling you," He smirked as he leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"How about instead of doing whatever you planned, we just lay here all day and sleep?" I suggested as I shut my eyes again.

"That's no fun," Wyatt frowned.

"It's fun for me since I'm slightly over twenty-nine weeks pregnant with your baby," I sighed.

"Okay fine, I'll let you sleep while I make breakfast, how about that?" Wyatt suggested.

I cracked one eye open, "What are you going to make?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes."

"You are free to head to the kitchen, my subject," I smirked.

"Thank you, your majesty," He smiled before placing a kiss on my head and getting out of bed. He shut the door behind him and I immediately cuddled into his pillow before falling back asleep.

I felt like no more than five minutes when the lights flicked on in my room. I groaned and cracked open my eyes to find Wyatt holding two plated of pancakes.

"It only feels like I slept for another five minutes," I groaned sitting up in bed.

"Kennedy, you slept another hour," Wyatt chuckled as he handed me a plate.

"That's not long enough," I pouted before taking a bite of the pancakes Wyatt had made.

"This is why I keep you around," I smiled, pointing my fork at my plate.

"You just went from tired to happy in like a split second, I didn't know pancakes were miracle workers," Wyatt chuckled as he sat down next to me.

"They are when you're pregnant," I laughed. The sides of Wyatt's mouth turned up as he turned on the TV. He put on a random movie for some background noise before going back to eating his breakfast. I finished mine quickly and hugged Wyatt's side as I waited for him to finish his food.

"Thank you for breakfast," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Anything for the birthday girl," He grinned. I looked at him and smiled.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," He whispered back, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips, "Now it's time to get ready. One of your gifts is waiting for you in the bathroom."

"I wonder what it could be," I noted as I pushed myself off the bed, I headed into the bathroom to find a box with a neat bow sitting on the counter. I opened the card and saw that the gift was from Arden. I opened the box to find a stunning light blue maternity dress with sparkles sprinkled all over.

My eyes teared up as I sent Arden a quick thank you text. The dress was beautiful, I couldn't believe she had picked it out for me. I slipped my pajamas off and put on the dress before heading back out to show Wyatt.

"What do you think?" I asked, giving him a twirl.

"You look beautiful," Wyatt smiled, while I changed, he had also changed into a pair of blue jeans and a white button up shirt.

"Don't you look dashing," I smiled as I fixed his collar. He playfully swatted my hand away and shooed me back towards the bathroom.

"I can fix that, you just finish getting ready," He informed me. I laughed at him as I headed back into the bathroom. I quickly added loose curls to my hair and threw a light amount of markup on my face before calling it good.

"Are we leaving now?" I asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Yes, we are," Wyatt confirmed. I grabbed a jacket because it was still cold outside and slipped on some nude flats before grabbing Wyatt's hand.

"Will you tell me why we're all dressed up now?" I asked him.

"Nope," He smirked, making sure to emphasize the 'p'. He opened the door to his Jeep and helped me in before getting in the driver's side and starting the car.

"Why do you always insist on surprising me? You know I hate!" I whined.

"Because it's fun," He chuckled, placing his hand on my thigh.

"You're so lucky I'm carrying your child," I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Or what?" He laughed.

"I wouldn't put up with your surprises," I mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

"Okay," Wyatt laughed, rolling his eyes at me attempt at an arguable point.

I tried to get Wyatt to tell me where we we're going one last time with a, "Will you please tell me where we're going?" And some puppy dog eyes, but got shut down by Wyatt turning the radio on.

I finally gave up and rested my head on the window because somehow I was still exhausted. I rested my hand on top of Wyatt's hand that was still on my thigh and he grabbed it and started rubbing his thumb up and down my hand and that was enough to let me drift into sleep.

The next thing I knew, Wyatt was telling me to wake up, only to cover my eyes when I opened them.

"Take your hands off my eyes!" I scolded him.

"Shut your eyes first," Wyatt told me.

"Fine," I caved, shutting my eyes. He pulled him hands away and I heard him get out of the car before he opened my door and helped me out.

Wyatt wrapped one of his arms securely around my waist and put his other hand over my eyes again. As we started walking, I could tell we were on grass because the ground was uneven under my feet. We walked for a few more seconds before Wyatt stopped me.

As Wyatt pulled his hand away from my eyes, he whispered, "open" into my ear. I opened my eyes to find Jess standing in front of me with a camera.

"Surprise, happy birthday!" Jess squealed.

"What is this for?" I asked, giving my boyfriend and my best friend puzzled looks.

"It's you maternity photoshoot, duh!" Jess announced, "It's my present to you," She added in.

"I did know you took picture Jess," I gawked.

"Yeah, it's just a side hobby, I love doing it so much, but I like to keep it to myself, so it's something that I can enjoy," She smiled.

"You and my brother," I laughed. Grayson loved photography and taking pictures too, but he kept it a secret because he was scared of what the boys he knew would think about it.

"Grayson like photography too?" Jess asked.

"Yes," Wyatt confirmed.

"I'll have to ask him about it the next time we hang out," She smiled, "but right now it's your time to shine," she added in before pulling me to a nearby tree to take pictures.

It was the end of March, so there was no more snow on the ground, but most of the trees were still bare. But when you looked at the grass, you could tell spring was just about to show up.

We ended up spending almost two hours taking all different kinds of pictures. There were definitely a lot of good ones, and I couldn't wait to see the final product of all of them. It was a lot of fun because we were able to ask Wyatt to do anything and he would, which I thought was so sweet of him.

"Thank you so much for taking these pictures of us Jess!" I thanked her, pulling her into a hug as best a I could with my growing belly in the way.

"You're welcome Ken, I cannot wait to get all of these cute picture to you," she smiled.

"I can't wait to frame a couple of them because Wy and I don't actually have that many super nice pictures together, so it will be nice to have some," I told her.

"I'm so happy for you guys, you have no idea," Jess smiled as she pulled me into a hug, "Your man seems to be waiting for you, so I'll let you head out."

"Do you happen to know what else he has planned today?" I asked her.

"Nope, but have fun! I'll catch you later," She laughed. I gave her one last smile before heading over to Wyatt, where he was casually leaning against his Jeep.

"You ready?" He asked, opening the door for me.

He grabbed my hand and helped my into the car, "As ready as I'll ever be."

As Wyatt got in the car, I checked the time on my phone. It was half past two in the afternoon, the time had really flown from when we started our little photoshoot.

"Are we going to get food soon?" I asked as Wyatt started driving us back into town.

"Yes, we're going to get some food and bring it back to your house," Wyatt said.

"Can we get burgers? I really want a burger," I asked, my mouth watering at the thought of a burger.

Wyatt laughed, "Yes we can get burgers."

I smiled in satisfaction and Wyatt pulled into the Burger King drive through. Wyatt ordered our food and we drove back to my house as soon as we got it. I was so excited for my food, that I hopped out of the car as soon as we got home.

"I'm going to go change into some comfy clothes," I told Wyatt before heading into the house and up to my room. I changed into some leggings and a sweatshirt before heading to the kitchen to eat my food. Wyatt was sitting at the island eating his and mine was waiting in front of the empty seat next to him.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me today," I thanked Wyatt before I bit into my burger.

"Anything for my favorite girl," He smiled, "but it's not quite over yet."

"Are we going out again?" I asked him.

He chuckled, "No we're not going out. We're just gonna hang out here and then I have one last present to give you."

"I am so ready to lay down in bed," I said eating my last bite of burger.

"Do you wanna show me now?" I asked, eating a fry.

"Finish your food and then I'll give you your gift from me," He promised, stealing a fry from my bag. I attempted to slap his hand away which only made him laugh as he popped a fry in his mouth.

"Whatever," I sighed, rolling my eyes at him. I quickly finished my food and we cleaned up before Wyatt took me back up to my room.

"Sit down here, I have to get it out of my car and then I'll be right back," He told me. I sat down on the edge of my bed and Wyatt disappeared out of the room. He reappeared a minute later holding an envelope.

"Happy birthday Kennedy," Wyatt said, handing me the envelope.

"You had to keep this in your car?" I asked.

He crossed his arms over his chest, "Yes because you like to go snooping."

I laughed as I opened the sealed envelope, inside were two pieces of paper, two tickets. I gasped, "You got me 5SOS tickets?"

"Yes I did, they're for July so you shouldn't still be pregnant then, so it can be mom and dad's night out," He informed me, taking a seat on the edge of the bed as well.

I turned to face him and threw my arms around his neck, "Thank you so much Wy!"

"Anything for you Ken, happy birthday," Wyatt whispered.

"I love you," I whispered back as I continued to hold him close.

-----

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for not updating in over a month. To make it up to you, here is a chapter that is just over 2000 words! I hope you enjoyed this longer chapter and I you did don't forget to like and comment! Thank you all for your continued support on this story.

xx - Sidney

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 5.3K 63
**This is the FIRST book, the SECOND book in called The Baby Pact** Nicoletta, Delilah, and Kassidi are three fifteen year old friends who find thems...
1.8M 58.7K 51
[Highest Ranking - #5 in Teen Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #1 in Teen Pregnancy] PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Best Mistake" "She almost couldn't read out...
308K 8.4K 33
"Cassie, sweetie, please do me a huge favor." "What is it, Mom?" "Do. Not. Get. Pregnant." "Ever?" "I mean, don't get pregnant in your teen years." "...
219K 7.7K 77
Aria Carter was another victim of teen pregnancy. When she told the child's father, Scott Johnson about her pregnancy he left her alone. Her parents...