A very intriguing predicament...

By Ashen_Kitten04

She was quite an average person, good grades, liked spending her free time watching her favourite shows.But o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
35k!
Temporary Discontinument and Future Rewrite

Chapter 5

2.4K 137 53
By Ashen_Kitten04

And soon, February 26th came. The day of the U.A Entrance Exam. After my encounter with All Might and Midoriya, I decided to avoid the Beach and just went elsewhere. I didn't tell Aizawa about that either, keeping to my word that I wouldn't tell anyone.

Scoffing down an entire cup of coffee and breakfast, I began to leave when Aizawa's hand on my shoulder stopped me. " Good luck kid, and here, I've been teaching you to use it, so use it in the Practical Exam. " Aizawa spoke as he held out his capture tool for me to take?

Yeah, he did teach me how to use it, but I never expected for Aizawa to give me it so I could use it in the Practical Exam. With stunned silence for a minute, I grabbed the capture tool from Aizawa's hands as I put it in my bag. Along with my outfit for the Practical Exam.

"I'll make sure to get a spot in the Hero Course, I'll see you after the Practical Exam, okay Mr Aizawa? " I spoke as I gave him a look of absolute determination to get into class 1A.

Heading to the U.A Entrance Examination site, I felt my nerves begin to spike as I thought of ways this might go down. My plan is to use Cementoss' quirk along with one of the electricity quirks I have in my notebook in order to try and destroy the robots.

Though I might also use Hellfire to also destroy some of the robots as well. Considering that at most Endeavours flames can get to about 35,000°C which is definitely enough to melt metal and will definitely damage the robots. But there's the chance I could overheat and pass out from heatstroke.

Well, if I run into Uraraka I could ask about her quirk and then use it during the practical. Maybe I could even ask Midoriya if he knows any good quirks I could possibly use during the practical exam, though knowing him he will most definitely tell me about Bakugo's quirk.

" -Hey! Hey! Wait up! " I heard from behind me, recognizing the voices as Midoriya's I stopped to turn around saw him as he rushed over to me. " Thanks! It's great to see you again, and I thank you for not telling the media about what you saw. " Midoriya spoke as he began to walk alongside me.

" I said it wasn't a problem, though I do have a question. You don't have to answer, but you know how my quirk works by how many quirks I know? Do you know any that could be useful for the practical exam? At the moment I've just decided to go with using a combination of Cementoss' quirk and Endeavours flame quirk because those are the most damage dealing that I know but if I overuse hellfire then I could end up overheating... oh! I'm rambling, sorry. " I asked as I began to nervously scratch at the back of my neck.

" Oh! It's okay! My childhood friend Kaachan has a quirk called Explosion, he sweats Nitroglycerin which he then ignites. There's also Death Arm's quirk which gives him superhuman strength in his arms, how are those? " Midoriya answers and boy am I glad that I at least know him this much so it would make sense for him to tell me.

" Explosion definitely sounds quite useful, and super strength sounds useful too. " I thanked as we continued to walk, only for Midoriya to trip and begin to fall face first. Though luckily he was caught by Uraraka.

" Are you okay? " Uraraka asked as Midoriya began to flail due to him floating. " It's my quirk. Sorry for stopping you, but... Well, it's a bad omen to trip and fall. " Uraraka spoke as she the released her quirk and Midoriya plopped back onto the ground.

" Wow! That's a very cool quirk, could you tell me about it? " I quickly rushed to ask as I held up my notebook and a pen that I had used earlier to write down the quirks that Midoriya told me about. This seemed to surprise Uraraka, but if I could use her quirk then that would be helpful.

" My quirk is called Zero Gravity, by touching something with the pads of my fingers makes it unaffected by Gravity. Though overuse makes me queasy. " Uraraka spoke as I quickly wrote that down into my notebook, making sure to add that overuse causes the user to feel queasy.

Though I could see the look of surprise on Midoriya's face as his eyes went to my notebook, oh yeah, I tend to write everything in my notebook in English. It's either that or my boldness in asking another person their quirk when they have no idea that by telling me, I can now use it too.

Which is probably why Midoriya is surprised rather than the former, " This sure is nerve wracking. " Uraraka spoke.

" Yeah, it sure is. " I answered while Midoriya could hardly let out a reply as Uraraka then walked off giving us a wave.

" Good luck to the three of us! " Uraraka spoke as she then left.

Though, as I turned back to Midoriya he began to talk, " I'm guessing you asked about her quirk because it'll add to what quirks you know, but how do you know it could be useful for the practical exam? " Midoriya asked.

" I don't know, it's just better to be safe than sorry. And to be honest I don't think I'll ever feel like I know enough quirks to use, there's just so many scenarios that call for different things and I want to be prepared for those. For example, Zero Gravity can be used for disaster relief because using it on the rubble you don't need to try and use pure strength to get rid of the rubble. And using it on a villain means they have no balance due to just floating in the air, which is if you manage to touch them. The usefulness of a quirk depends on the scenario they're placed in, it's very difficult to find a quirk that is completely useless. Even someone without a quirk could be useful if equipped with support items to help compensate for the lack of a superhuman ability, see? " I rambled as I saw the look of awe on Midoriya's face as I spoke.

Though afterwards we quickly entered the building, got our ID numbers and sat down. I sat to Midoriya's left while Bakugo sat on Midoriya's right.

" WELCOME TO TODAY'S LIVE PERFORMANCE!! EVERYBODY SAY "HEY"!! " Shouted Present Mic, though I just called him Mr Yamada during our lessons. Though no one shouted back as it was deathly silent in the auditorium, " WELL, THAT'S COOL, MY EXAMINEE LISTENERS!! I'M HERE TO PRESENT THE GUIDLINES OF YOUR PRACTICAL!! ARE YOU READY?! " Yamada added.

" Its The Voice Hero, Present Mic. Wow...!! I listen to his radio show every week. It's inspiring. Guess all the U.A. Teachers are Pro Heroes. " I heard Midoriya mutter with glee while Bakugo just told Midoriya to shut up. I stayed quiet and listened to Yamada explain the practical exam.

" THIS IS HOW THE TEST WILL GO, MY LISTENERS! YOU'LL BE EXPERIENCING TEN-MINUTE-LONG "MOCK CITYSCAPE MANEUVERS"!! BRING ALONG WHATEVER YOU WANT! AFTER THIS PRESENTATION, YOU'LL EACH HEAD TO YOUR ASSIGNED TESTING LOCATION!! " Yamada finished, and Bakugo turned to Midoriya.

" That's so kids from the same Middle School can't help each other out, yeah? " Bakugo commented.

" And why consecutive I.D. Numbers are assigned to different locations. " Midoriya replied, I looked down at my assigned location I glanced over at Midoriya's and sighed with relief that we weren't in the same Testing Location which means he won't recognise Aizawa's capture tool.

Though, hopefully no one from class 1A is going to be in my Testing Location, because I'd rather not explain why I happen to have a support item belonging to an Underground Pro Hero, because that might lead to asking how and why I'm staying with Aizawa in the first place.

" EACH SITE IS FILLED WITH THREE KINDS OF FAUX VILLAINS. POINTS ARE AWARDED FOR DEFEATING EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR RESPECTIVE DIFFICULTY LEVELS!! USE YOUR QUIRKS TO DISABLE THESE FAUX VILLAINS AND EARN POINTS! THAT'S YOUR GOAL, LISTENERS!! " Yamada explained.

" OF COURSE, PLAYING THE ANTI-HERO AND ATTACKING OTHER EXAMINEES IS PROHIBITED!! " Yamada added afterwards.

" May I ask a question! " Spoke up Ida as he stood up with a raised hand as he held up the handout. " There appear to be no fewer than four varieties of Faux Villain, on this handout! Such a blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming for U.A., Japan's Top Academy!! " Ida spoke.

" And, you, with the curly hair! " Ida spoke as he turned over to face Midoriya with a glare. " You've been muttering this whole time... It's distracting!! If this is some sort of game to you, then please leave immediately! " Iida finished.

And I couldn't help that due to the anger at Iida being mean to Midoriya, the sweet cinnamon roll that he is, I decided to glare back at Ida. Though quickly blinked when I felt my hair start to float as my eyes feel warm as I had unintentionally activated Aizawa's quirk.

" Sorry... " Midoriya said quietly.

" ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT. EXAMINEE 7111, NICE CATCH. THANKS! BUT THE FORTH FAUX VILLAIN VARIETY GETS YOU ZERO POINTS! HE'S MORE OF AN OBSTACLE! HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED SUPER MARIO BROTHERS?! The old retro game. " Yamada started.

" IT'S KIND OF LIKE A THWOMP! ONLY ONE AT EACH SITE! A "GIMMICK" THAT'LL RAMPAGE AROUND IN CLOSE QUARTERS! " Yamada explained to Iida.

" THAT'S ALL FROM ME!! I'LL LEAVE MY LISTENERS WITH OUR SCHOOL MOTTO. THE GREAT HERO NAPOLEON BONAPARTE ONCE SAID... "True Heroism consists in being superior to the ills of life." PLUS ULTRA!! BREAK A LEG EVERYONE!! " Yamada finished.

Though it took me a bit not to start snigering because I knew Midoriya would end up taking that literally and break both his legs and an arm.

Heading to my assigned Testing location, I got changed into my outfit.

Which consisted of: a black sleeveless vest top, black leggings, black running shoes and I had tied my hair back into a high ponytail. Though, I did bring Aizawa's capture tool and had that around my neck like a scarf.

I chose to wear something sleeveless because I didn't wanna burn anything with sleeves due to how I'm going to be using hellfire in this exam.

So thinking about what I wanted to use, I went over my goal for the exam. Go for as many of the 2 and 3 pointers as I can while also rescuing my fellow examinees as well.

" BEGIN!! " and as soon as I heard that. I began to run into the testing location with Aizawa's capture tool and my plan. Everyone was confused but quickly figured out why I was running as they quickly followed in afterwards. Activating explosion I put my hands downwards at an angle to propel myself across.

So when I saw the first robot, I stopped letting off explosions, using the already acquired momentum to propel me towards it as I reached up for the capture tool. Using it like a grappling hook to grab onto the faux villain I readied an explosion as I got closer.

And let loose a big explosion directly at the villains face, quickly destroying it in one fell swoop before it could begin its attack. The force of the explosion made me go backwards a little as some more faux villains began to approach me.

Going from one villain to the next, I used zero gravity to make one of the villains float then grabbed it with the capture tool, essentially using the captured villain to destroy other faux villains by throwing it at them before releasing Zero Gravity so the momentum destroyed the villains I threw it at.

Though, due to the training with Aizawa, I had a good amount of stamina. Cementoss' quirk was useful to use as I moved the concrete into spikes and destroyed a lot more villains with that too, moving onto somewhere else I noticed someone was stuck under some rubble.

So quickly going over to them, I used zero Gravity to make the rubble float, helping them out. " Thanks! " He thanked me as he hobbled a little.

" You've injured your leg, you're in no condition to fight. Wait till the end so you can go get it checked out, " I spoke as I left.

Grappling onto lampposts I propelled myself to a nearby villain as I held up my two hands and let off a large explosion into the villain, reducing it to metal scraps and protruding wires. Moving on, I grappled onto the next villain, pulling myself onto it as I threw a condensed stream of flames.

Though, it took more effort as I tried to rise the temperature hotter and hotter while still condensing it as well. Which actually worked pretty well, as the robot began to shut down from me overheating it as well as probably melting the wires inside.

But just to be sure, I made a concrete spike go through the villain. Running off and propelling myself across the location like spiderman I continued to fight more and more villains. Blowing them up, throwing large chunks of rubble with the capture tool and zero gravity in conjunction, I heard the large rumble of the Zero Pointer.

And then I saw it, it was in the distance. So swinging myself over I hoped that maybe I could save a few other examinees because I could bet that some other examinees would end up getting trapped under some rubble.

While everyone else ran away from it, I went straight toward where there was some damage from the Zero Pointer. That's when I saw some shoulder length jet black hair in between some rubble, and saw he was trying to get himself out while using hardening to stop himself from being injured as well.

Running over I used zero gravity to life the rubble off of him, dropping them further away as I held out my hand and helped him up with a tug. Internally I was debating over if I should try my hand at the Zero Pointer by using a mixture of Explosion, Hellfire and maybe Electricity? Because I did see Kaminari using it and it's not that hard to get an idea for how his quirk works.

" Thanks for the help! We should try to get away from that Zero Pointer before either of us get crushed! " Kirishima spoke.

" It's no problem, but you go on ahead while I keep the Zero Pointer busy so it doesn't attack any of the other Examinees. " I spoke as I began to run over to the large Zero Pointer, using the capture tool to grab onto it and pull myself towards it.

Deciding to try mixing together Explosion, Hellfire and Electricity I prepared to hit it with everything I got. And when I got close enough, I let out a large stream of flames from my hands raising the temperature higher and higher as I felt my body temperature rise higher with it as I began to sweat more.

I raised the temperature so hot as I condensed the flames into a single stream that the flames began to go brighter and brighter, until they began to turn blue!? And with my raised body temperature making me sweat more and more as I had Explosion active, making me sweat Nitroglycerin.

Only when I decided to stop before I overheat, did I decide to ignite all of the sweat in my hands in quick succession at full strength until I felt my hands and arms begin to ache. Switching to Electricity, I then put together Kaminari's electricity and the electricity quirk of that Hero from the first Boku No Hero Academia movie.

And you could hear the crackle of the electricity, like a bolt of lightning as I sent it at the scorched and clearly very dented face of the Zero Pointer.

The Electricity from the two electricity quirks went through the large Zero pointer, making it stop and shut down from the increased amount of electricity which would burn out the wires as the electricity increases the already burning hot temperature from me using Hellfire.

My victory was short lived though, as I began to feel incredibly dizzy, and hot. Black dots going across my vision as I began to fall through the air, but before I could pass out before I hit the ground, I touched my arms and used zero gravity to stop me a few meters above the ground.

Through my now fuzzy vision, I saw Kirishima's dark hair as he began to run towards me. Getting increasingly fatigued and more dizzy from using zero gravity I couldn't keep it up and stopped using it. Dropping once more, but instead of hitting the ground, I felt myself getting caught in the arms of someone.

And with my last second of consciousness, my eyes glanced up and saw the shoulder length black hair of Kirishima looking down at me as black dots covered my vision and my head hit his chest as I passed out in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
501 20 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...
236K 7.9K 143
_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." _________________________________ Nothing about Miyuki's pa...
6.9K 202 30
I offered my sister to help with teaching her new private student. I don't know her that well but I recognize her. We met a long time ago by accident...