Step Brothers

By nightlight_twinkle

Y/N recently lost her mother in a car accident. So her father took custody. But she has seven stepbrothers. S... More

Copyright & Synopsis & Trailer
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Epilogue
Epilogue Part 2
Bonus Chapter

4

7.8K 245 21
By nightlight_twinkle

Edited

"So Y/n... You're going to start school in two days. Jin here is 25 years old and in his last year of university. Yoongi is 23 and in his third year of university. They are going to stay with us for the weekend and will be off to their apartment by Sunday." Nancy explained.

" Hoseok is 22 and is currently taking a year off. Joon and Jimin are 19 and are fraternal twins. They are both in their senior year of high school. Taehyung and Kookie are 18, again fraternal twins, and are in their junior year. And you will be continuing your sophomore year with them." After making me familiar with everything, we started our dinner. Everyone is quiet except Nancy and Dad. After dinner, I helped Nancy and Mrs. Choi with the dishes.

I climbed up the stairs. I'm planning to put all of my things in their respective places. Walking past one of the boys rooms, I heard the boys talking as the door was left slightly open. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but when I heard my name, I couldn't help myself. I stood close to the door to hear clearly.

"I swear I'm going to kill her. I already can't tolerate her presence." I heard one of them exclaim angrily. I think it was Yoongi, or perhaps Namjoon? Not sure.

"You two will be off to your apartment. It will be us who have to endure her. Even on campus. But no worries; we are going to have fun with her. Right Taehyung?" I instantly recognized Jungkook's voice and held amusement in it. And I shudder to think of him and Taehyung looking at me during dinner.

"What I don't understand is how could Dad do that with Mom? And what's more surprising is her reaction to all of this."

"I know right. She's acting as if she's her own fucking daughter. He fu*king cheated on her!"

"Maybe she's just happy to have a daughter now." I recognized Jimin's voice, but it had a sadness to it as he said that. Why? I pushed the door slightly, wanting to peek inside.

Jungkook was sitting on the study table, which was placed right next to the open window, letting the cool air of the night pass through the room. Jin was standing next to it quietly, looking outside. Hoseak, Taehyung, and Jimin were laying on the king-sized bed. where Yoongi was sitting on a beanbag. And Namjoon was leaning against the wall, shirtless, with a ball in his hand.

"All of this is confusing me seriously. Why the fuck is she even here in the first place? Wasn't she living with her mother? Then why is she here?"

"Maybe her mother hates her as well; that's why she sent her away." Namjoon said, and all of them chuckled, high-fiving one another. I felt tears stink in my eyes. How could they say that? My mother loves me. She always did. How could they stand so low to say such a thing?

I went to my room. Closed the door and slid down. Placing my head on my knees, I cried till I felt a headache start. "I hate them too." I mumbled halfheartedly, covering myself with the duvet. How naive of me to think I would be loved here!

.........

It was Sunday, and two days have passed since I got here. And thankfully, nothing has happened. I stayed in my room. While the boys stayed among themselves. I would come out only for breakfast and dinner. Mrs. Choi would bring my lunch to my room. But today I felt bored after staying in the bedroom. So I decided to go and maybe explore the backyard with the swimming pool. Which I would see from the window of my room. I haven't seen any of the boys today; none of them were present during breakfast.

Without asking, Nancy told me that they went to a party last night and came late. So they are all sleeping. I walked out into the backyard. The weather was slightly warm today. There was a swimming pool and some chairs in the yard. The yard was beautiful. Different flowers and trees were decorating the place, and there was a dog sitting a few steps away from me.

I went towards it and crouched down to have a better look at it. It looked at me with its big, black eyes. Smiling, I patted his head. He barked; it startled me, but then I laughed when he put his head on my lap. I ran my hand behind his ears, scratching him lightly, and he seemed to love it as he snuggled into me more. After running my hand over his body for a while, I stood up and went near the pool.

Sitting down on the edge, I dipped my feet in the water. It felt a little cold at first, but it got better in no time. I sat there near the pool for a while, deep in my thoughts. I was thinking about school, which starts tomorrow. I hope it's going to be a new start for me.

And I really hope I won't be bullied there. But that looks like a dream for now. After all, I highly doubt the boys will leave me alone. Especially the younger twins. I didn't realize I wasn't the only one here. My mistake. I felt a hard push on the back, and the next thing I knew, I fell in the pool.

I couldn't even comprehend what had happened. I could hear laughter, but it was faint. I couldn't open my eyes or move my body. It felt like I was paralyzed. I didn't know how to swim!

Everything was heavy as I couldn't get any air. The water entered my mouth, and bubbles started forming.

"Why isn't she coming up?" Hoseok was the first to notice that she hadn't come up.

"Shit." Jin mumbled, and he dove into the water. The water splashed on the once-dried surface around the pool. I felt someone grabbing my arm and pulling me just when I thought this was it. That this is how it will end.

Right after coming to the surface, I inhaled heavily, coughing hysterically while clinging to the body whose hand kept me from drowning. My head was on his shoulder, and my hands were tightly wrapped around his neck. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, and I tried hard to breathe in. But the more I tried to inhale, the more my throat hurt.

Someone pulled me away from Jin and lifted me to the ground. Tears poured down from my eyes like a waterfall. I felt terrified by what had happened. Just knowing I could have died made fear rise somewhere within me. Someone threw a towel on my head. I looked up with my teary eyes and saw Jin glaring at me.

"Clean yourself up," Jin said. The others were standing beside him. I picked up the towel and stood up. With shaky legs, I started to leave.

"Dry those tears of yours as well. We don't want my mother to find out about this little play, do we? Sister?" It was Namjoon who said that.

More like threatened me with sugar-coated words. His mother? She is my mother as well as my stepmother. And that's exactly what I told them. But instead of agreeing, all of them laughed. "Omg, she thinks she's her mother?" One of them laughed.

"You have no mother, dear sister. Do I need to remind you that your mother is dead? Or maybe I should say she was killed. By her own daughter." Yoongi said. crying at the word sister. I felt a void in myself upon hearing his words. And quickly turning towards him.

I spoke the truth. "I didn't kill my mother!" My voice held a firmness that even I didn't know where it came from.

But damn it, I wouldn't sit around and let others blame me for something I haven't done. Not anymore. "I think she lost her memories with that crash as well." Yoongi said, and others laughed along with him. My hand clenched into a fist.

"Weren't you and your mother coming back home from celebrating your birthday?" He emphasized your

"That doesn't mean that I-" My eyebrows furrowed at his words.

"If it weren't for you, she wouldn't have left the house; she wouldn't have gotten into an accident. So yes, it was you who killed her own mother." He walked toward me. Standing in front of me. Something cracked within me.

"No." I was once again cut off by him. "Tsk tsk, Y/n, such a bad daughter you are." He started circling around me.

"You killed her, Y/N." If you had just told her you didn't want to celebrate your birthday, she would have been alive right now." That dark voice within me spoke. Making me stagger back. "How could you do this to your own mother, Y/N?"

I heard Yoongi's voice. And looked at his face. But instead of seeing him, I saw someone else standing before me, who, even after leaving my life, was still embedded in every cell of my body. He would come into my dreams every day to torment me like he did all those years ago.

And now he stood in front of me, looking at me with disgust, like he always did. "You killed her." He spoke. Making tears once again fall from my eyes.

I shook my head. Not wanting to believe him. "YOU KILLED HER Y/N. It's your fault. "It's always your fault!" The voice got louder and louder with each word he spoke. Putting my hand on my ear, I tried miserably to keep his voice out.

"You killed her." YOU ARE A MURDERED OF YOUR OWN MOTHER!"

"NO!" With tears falling down my face, I pushed Yoongi's body away from mine, running away from all of them as I heard their laughs echoing throughout the house.

I shut my door with a bang, but its voice didn't reach my ear. All I heard was that voice shouting in my head, along with the terrifying laughter of my brothers. And I curled my body on the floor with my trembling hands on my ears.

"Please stop." Was all I could mummer as darkness surrounded and consumed me whole in a brightly lit room from the rays of sun illuminating through the opened window.

As memories from the past flooded my mind.

Flash Back

"Get in the tub, Y/N!" He shouted at me. I shook my head immediately. And the next moment, I felt a sting on my left cheek. And he pulled me out of my hair and made me look at him. His eyes were red, showing he wasn't in his senses.

"Do as I say!" He shouted at me. Terrified to my core, I sat inside the bath tub, filled to the brim with water. My clothes got wet immediately. Gripping my hair in a tight hold, he pushed my head inside the water. My eyes shut after the water went in them, causing a stinking sensation.

I started thrashing my hands, trying to push him, but he didn't budge. Seconds later, he left his hold on my hair. I pushed myself up and took a long breath, but within a second, I felt his hold on my hair, and I was again in the tub.

Present

My whole body was shaking. I couldn't breath. It felt like I was back in that bathroom with him. No matter how much I tried to tell myself it wasn't real, But who was I kidding? It was my past. And it was real. I tried to stand up but slipped on the wet floor from my socks.

The next half hour I spent staring blankly at the wall opposite me, letting my past flash before my eyes. And all I could ask myself was, "Will this misery ever end?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 684 52
A Taekook fanfic Notorious fuckboy sets his eyes on straight-laced Mr. Perfect ... He stared at his eyes. It's like staring into a flowing, clear wa...
161K 7.2K 41
"We both know that we are not real siblings." Jungkook said. "But Oppa, that can't be possible. I never looked at you like that." Y/n replied. "Y/n...
356 12 12
Jk: I'll not marry her, Mom! How can you even call her a human being after the number of people she have killed. jk's Mother: Jungkook ! Don't you ri...
167K 4.4K 52
THIS IS A STORY ABOUT A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL WHOSE MOM MARRIED A MAN WHO IS EX MAFIA KING . THE GIRL HAVE A ELDER BROTHER WHO LOVES HER BUT NOW SHE IS GO...