Falling

By jennanidz

FREE STORY WITH PAID BONUS CONTENT Dante Brown has met many challenges in his life, all of them crumbled ben... More

Intro
Prologue
1 | TaTa
2 | Wrong Door
3 | A Deal
4 | A Piece of White Paper
5 | Butter Croissant
6 | Playing With Fire
7 | Program
8| Skyscraper
9 | Bathroom Visit
10 | Rum and Coke
11 | Dante
12 | Memorable
13 | Dance Partner
13 | Alternate Ending Story Branch
14 | Printer
14 | Printer (Dante's POV)
15 | Hot
16 | Slipping Composure
18 | Dinner Date (part one)
18 | Dinner Date (part one) (Dante's POV)
19 | Dinner Date (part two)
19 | Dinner Date (part two) (Dante's POV)
20 | Desire
21 | The Past
22 | Option One
23 | Penthouse
24 | Draw The Line
25 | Little Women
26 | Zac
27 | I'd Like That Too
28 | Spend The Night
29 | Commando
30 | Mari
31 | Talk
32 | Honesty
33 | You Feel That?
34 | Coffee Ice Cream
35 | Miss Me?
36 | Falling
37 | Family
38 | Number 7
39 | Guilty
39 | Guilty (Dante's POV)
40 | Me Too
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter (18+)
Falling Sequel
Baby Fever | Exclusive Chapter

17 | Tate

279K 8.8K 12.2K
By jennanidz

Double Update! Make sure to read chapter 16 first!
____________________________________

Why did I do that?

Why did I stay longer than necessary when I knew what it'd lead to. This was getting out of hand, lines were being blurred and my feelings were coming through.

The last time I had been in any sort of relationship was years ago. His name was Sean. I met him at the grocery store one evening and he insisted on helping me carry my groceries to my car. He was tall with blonde hair and a killer smile.

Safe to say I fell pretty hard and quick. My childhood was anything but pretty and held no option for love. I was never given the chance to be swept off my feet by a high school sweetheart.

We never put a label on it. It was nights of pleasure and days filled with maybe dates or maybe hangouts. It went on for a few months until the day he told me he was to be moving across the country to California. And that was that.

But that was the last time I had any sort of physical partner. And it wasn't like I was starving for it. But ever since Dante Brown entered my life, it's like the part of me that I had buried had come alive. And I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

Well yea I was fucking sure.

I was very much attracted to Dante Brown. Everything about him sucked me in, and my body stung to be near him.

I stayed after in hopes of clearing the air. My head was consumed with unanswered questions. I needed to know what this was. What was going on, because this business deal is very much not a business deal anymore.

Of course he still held my childhood in his hands and mine his reputation, but clearly the boundary of a business deal has been crossed.

I made my way to the elevator, pressing the bottom floor and quickly making sure the doors closed before I could get into another repeat of Monday. Sighing I leaned against the back wall of the elevator, letting my shoulders relax and rubbing the back of my neck.

The elevator reached the bottom floor, and the doors opened.

I was making my way to the front doors when a rough shoulder had bumped mine, causing me to drop my things to the ground.

"Fuck," I said and reached for my things. As I did so, another set of hands shot down as well. Looking up my eyes met those of a black haired man. With a very deep purple black eye.

"Im sorry hun, Im'm always in a rush," he said while handing me my notebook and returning to his full height. He offered me a hand up and I accepted it, letting him lead me to a standing position.

I looked up to meet his hazel eyes. He was short, probably only a few inches taller than me. He had a smirk on his lips and a curious glint in his eyes. I got weird vibes from him.

"Its okay, no worries. I'll be heading out now." I said quickly while giving a fake smile and turning on my heel.

"Wait."

The man who I had just met shouted from behind me as I was making my way out. I stopped, and pivoted on my heels to meet his eyes again. He had a confident smirk this time, and was taking gradual steps towards me.

"I never got your name." He said with a cocky smile.

I almost wanted to lie, but decided against it. "Amelia," I said while giving a small uncomfortable smile back. Something about him was off and I couldn't wait to get out of here. First Dante and now this, I was so tired.

"Amelia," he said while smiling at the roll of my name as it came out of his mouth.

"My name is Tate. Tate Jamison," he once again smiled.

Not knowing what to say I just shook my head giving a small smile back.

"Can I be forward here and ask for your number?"

He was watching me now, studying my every move as I was fidgeting in place. I did not want to give this stranger my number. I was very unsettled and he did not appear to be the safest and or nicest person around.

I was about to answer when I was cut off by a voice from behind me. I quickly turned to see who it was.

"Tate. May I ask why you're here harassing this young women." Said Dante as he approached us.

I immediately stiffend and my heart rate spiked as he came to a stop next to me. Shoulder brushing mine in the action of it all. I clenched the notebook in my hand avoiding eye contact with both of them.

"I didn't know you owned the entire female population," said Tate as his eyes roamed my form and I recoiled in disgust shifting away from them both.

Dante looked down towards me and I met his eyes as I looked up to him feeling his stare. His eyes were hard and jaw tight. Safe to say he looked angry. His shoulders were squared and he clearly didn't like this Tate figure at all.

"It doesn't take a genius to see she's not into you, I could see it from the elevator the second it opened. Leave her alone, and leave this building." Dante spit out, hands curling into fists.

"Oh Dante, the temper never fails," said Tate as he turned his attention back to me now. "I was just asking the lady for her number, that's no crime. A sexy thing she is." He smirked, swiping his hand across his chin keeping that unnerving smirk on his face.

"Fuck off Tate, I'm serious. I will call security." Dante growled stepping forward. Dante towered over this small man and as his fists were clenched and his eyes narrowed at Tate, my mind seemed to put two and two together. This scene looked awfully familiar.

Oh my god. This was the man Dante was beating that night. I shivered at the thought, now really wanting to go home more than ever. Why had he beat him that night? It was clear this Tate figure was no saint, and wasn't so innocent as it had seemed after all.

"Calm down Dante, just having some fun." Said Tate as he now studied Dante in front of him.

Dante took a step back in my direction, stepping to the side of me once again and I still have yet to say a word. In a weird twisted way, I was glad Dante had shown up. He had saved me from whatever uncomfortable situation was about to happen by being here with me.

"Ahhh." Tate said as he narrowed his eyes at me and Dante, assessing us both and how our bodies were almost touching. It sent a shiver down my spine and I stepped aside giving Dante and I some space

"Now I see what's going on here...you're fucking this one aren't you Dante" He smirked taunting back at Dante.

Before Dante could lunge for him I stepped in front of him facing Tate head on. I wasn't having a repeat of last time. I was already one contract down, I didn't need another.

"First of all asshole, I dont see how any of that would be your fucking buissness. But it is entirely false, and I am most defnietly done playing this stupid game. So if you could excuse me, I will be going home now."  I spat out at him. Whipping my head away from them both and heading for the main doors.

I didn't wait for a response, and I didn't want one either. I was sick of all of it. Everything that had happened today, everything that had happened since I met Dante.

I made it to the doors without being stopped and moved to the curb to catch a cab.

"Amelia," came Dante's rushed voice as he hurried over to where I stood. Rolling my eyes I moved my head back to the street still waiting.

"I just want to go home Dante, please let me do so." I sighed.

He stepped up beside me grabbing my arm gently and slightly pulling me to face him. I moved my body with his touch, giving in and looking up to him. His eyes seemed a lot more green than before and his jaw wasn't so taught. He too looked tired.

"Let me drive you home. My car is in the garage." He said while keeping my eyes locked with his. His hand moved from my arm and found my cheek, gently swiping his thumb along my cheekbone.

"I want to explain some things to you Amelia, things you deserve to know. Starting with what happened back there." He dropped his hand from my cheek and tucked it into his suit pocket. I studied him for a moment weighing my options. I did truly need a ride home, and technically I had stayed back in the first place for some answers. So I had made up my mind.

"Okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 9.1K 56
Ares, the typical hot playboy, decides to bet on his own dad's best friend's daughter in his ego. He would hate to sip from the same glass, let alone...
139K 3.7K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
2.9M 74.8K 40
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...
100 0 8
[ON HOLD] Amelia Claire, an independent soul, left her parent's home in Florida for New York, driven by the singular goal of securing a well-paying j...