lovematch (ManxMan)

By -carmin

After signing up for lovematch.com, Cillian wasn't sure what to expect. Yes, he had gotten a couple messages... More

Intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
epilogue
nate and cil's poem

eleven

32.7K 1.7K 673
By -carmin

"You did not."

"But I did." Nate said.

I couldn't look away from the building. I remember telling Nate one time that I'd love to come here when there were less people. We were at the Museum For Contemporary Art. It was one of my favourite places.

"Nate..."

"Come on..." he said.

Nate takes my hand in his and lead me right to the doors. It was past seven pm and I was so sure we were going to be sent back by security, instead, someone pulls open the door for us and we walked in. It was so quiet. So quiet.

I have never been here at night and I was pretty sure no one has ever been here at night. And during the day it was filled with people, talking, murmurings. Our footsteps were loud and I felt I should breathe a little quieter.

I looked around at the paintings, trying my best not to reach out and touch. I couldn't believe Nate did this.

"You can look at the paintings later, angel. We have somewhere else to be." Nate said, smiling at me sweetly.

Nate led me towards the back to where was a sun room during the day but at night, with the all round glass ceiling, you could see the stars. They were bright and even twinkled. There was soft music playing and there was a table set up. There were no lights, just small candles here and there, giving the room a soft look.

Nate pulled out a chair for me and I sat. He seats across me and smiles at me. Once he was seated a waiter appears with two glasses and a bottle of red wine.

"You once told me what it is you wanted to try at a fancy restaurant." Nate said and I stared at him, my lips curving into a smile. I liked the fact that he seemed to remember things I've once said to him or something I had said in passing.

"Oh my goodness, Nate."

"To be honest with you... I have mentally planned out our first date for a long time. I wanted everything to be perfect for you because you deserve everything good." Nate said, smiling shyly at me. His words and smile made me want to reach across the table and placed my hand on his. No one has ever put this much effort for me, romantically I mean.

"How are you real?" I asked, my voice so soft it came off as a whisper.

"I've been asking myself the same thing ,darling. How are you real? You're so nice, soft and the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on." Nate said, his words coaxing a giggle out of me. Frank Sinatra's Strangers In The Night comes on and it made everything even better. Like I was in a movie.

Nate stands from his seat and holds a hand out to me. "Can I have this dance?" he asked.

I looked at his hand and at his smiling face. My heart was beating so fast, being this close sent this tingly sensation through me and when I slipped my hand in his, the tingly feeling grew tenfold. I moved closer to him, my hands resting on his shoulders and his around my waist. He smelt so good those. Something dark, deep and musky. Jut like him.

Nate hummed along with the song and the lyrics echoed within me.

Something in your eyes was so inviting

something in your smile was so exciting

something in my heart told me I must have you

I moved closer, my arms going around his neck as kept dancing. How and why did everything fit? His hands on my waist felt like they belonged there. It felt like I was meant to be held by him and only him. I have never felt anything like this before. Something so intense and for someone I just met too.

Was I...

Was I the only one who felt this way?

We kept dancing and when the song was coming to an end, I pulled back and stared at Nate. He was looking right at me, his smile ever present even though it's small. It suddenly felt warm . It felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. Was this normal? Was this how it was meant to be?

The butterflies have been from the first text, to the first audio call but this... this was something else entirely. It was like everything was amplified and... I like him. I like him a lot.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Cil." Nate said. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my forehead. I blinked up at him, not really knowing what to do or say and I was sixty percent sure if I opened my mouth I would just babble. So no. the last thing I wanted was to embarrass myself.

"Come on, angel."

Once I was seated again, I downed the entire bottle of wine. It felt like my cheeks were on fire and I was half tempted to press the cool bottle of wine against my cheek. Just as Nate had said earlier, he had prepared my favourites. Baked potatoes with steak and roasted vegetables. It smelt divine and looked amazing.

We ate in silence for a bit. The food tasted so good. I wondered if I could ask for extra so I could keep at home. But that aside. I didn't want to think about home yet. I wanted to stay with him as long as I could keep my eyes open and sleep away.

Oh my god, what the fuck am I even thinking or talking about?

"You still haven't told me what you do." Nate said and I felt my cheeks heat up. I wondered what his reaction would be.

"You haven't told me what you do too." I countered, fighting back the urge to point and him and say HA!

"I own a business."

"And I have a flexible schedule." I said, teasing him a little.

"I own Irving Galleries." he said and I was so thankful I wasn't chewing because I would have choked. I stared at him with wide eyes, hand reaching for my glass of wine and drinking the entire cup.

Irving Galleries were top notch and housed the amazing works of incredible artists. Up and coming artist and also house some paintings from the wonder's collection and Nate... I have seen Nate's art and it's even hanging here in this museum. One of his few pieces that were sold.

Of course he's an artist.

I looked at his hands, at the rings wrapped around his fingers. Then at the nervous expression on his face. Was that why he was so careful about telling me about his job? I didn't like the nervous expression his face and I knew what I had to do to make it go away.

"I'm a professional bed warmer."

"You're a what?"

"A professional bed warmer." I said, smiling at him. Nate looked so...confused. I knew the questions were coming and I just couldn't stop smiling. At least he didn't laugh at me.

"I'm sorry what does that mean actually?"

"There are a lot of lonely people out there, Nate. My job is to make them not feel alone. I have a long list of clients and all they need is a warm bed, to believe they aren't alone." I said, staring down at my empty cup. "Some of my clients have lost a wife or a husband, they live alone and don't want to... get into a cold bed or come home to one."

"That is... interesting." Nate said, his smile even wider than it was before. "Do you like it though?"

"I love it."

Dessert was strawberry tart and it was in this wide see through cup and it had a tiny spoon.

"I figured you'd want to look at art so I wanted you to have something sweet and something easy for you carry about." Nate said and I giggled, feeling grateful for this wonderful man.

We walked side by side, taking in the different artworks hanging off the wall. We talked about them, giving our own interpretation of the art. By the time we got to Nate's art, we had already discarded the empty cups.

Nate's art took up an entire wall, different shades of blue circled around the wall length painting, a young girl with dark hair, tears dripping down her face. The tears a dark shade of blue. The painting was so beautiful and I couldn't stop looking at it.

"It's actually my sister." Nate said and I looked at him. What?

The plaque under it showed the title of the painting and what was carved there were the words take me with you.

Nate slipped his hands in mine and raised our locked hands to his lips, pressing a kiss to it. We stayed by his art for a few more minutes and then we left. This date was the very best. Thankfully, I was able to get some more tart to take home for Jaden and I.

The ride home consisted of comfortable silence and small talk. Nate walked me up to my door, his small smile ever present.

"Tonight was fun." Nate said and I nodded.

"We should."

Nate stepped closer and I tilted my head up. He moved even closer and I closed my eyes, waiting and waiting for the kiss. Waiting for the press of his lips on mine. My eyes snap open when I feel heat on the side of my face and the soft press of Nate's lips on my cheek.

"Good night, angel."

"Good night, Nate."

I need my own Nate

What did you think?
Leave a feedback ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 85 11
An ambitious Lawyer who raises his two brothers is going stir crazy. His brothers do not listen, they fight with each other, and the household feels...
153K 3.6K 35
What is actually wrong with me. Okay so i decided to finally make a description. i don't know what possessed me to write this but here's a story ab...
6.7K 369 16
We all thought Scâmìche was real in 2017, but 2018 changed it all. They have boyfriends, the are not roommates, they are separated. Will their frien...
4.5K 270 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...