Don't Ever Forget

By FireSign_Writer

(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding W... More

Preface.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
Update.
XLIV.
XLV.
Epilogue.
2021 Watty Awards

XXV.

1.2K 50 20
By FireSign_Writer

Draco leads me far away from the streets of Hogsmeade and into the surrounding forest. The dull sounds of chatter quickly disappear and we are alone in serene silence. Past the muddy and packed snow from frequent walkers is untouched perfectly white snow. We reach a beautiful clearing surrounded by trees and Draco walks into the clearing and smiles at me expectantly.

"Are we having a snowball fight, Draco?" I laugh. 

"Maybe another time, but not today," he says, still smiling. He reaches inside of his inner coat pocket and pulls out a small wooden music box. I expect there to be those quiet, delicate twinkling sounds that a normal music box would make but after he turns the lever the music surrounds us. Every instrument is perfectly clear as if it were being performed right in front of us.  I widen my eyes in equal parts shock and amazement and I can tell by the look on Draco's face that he's pleased by this. 

"What is this?" I ask. 

"I'm not finished," he replies. He walks over to me and grabs my hands then guides them to cover my eyes. I giggle in excitement. 

"Keep them closed until I say when, okay?" he asks, kissing my cheek. 

"Okay," and I think that satisfies him because I can hear the crunch of his footsteps go a bit farther from me. I hear him whisper some incantations and charms but I can't quite make them out or recognize them. I then hear his footsteps return back to me and he places his hands on mine.

"You can open now," I hear his voice behind me and his hands guide my hands back down. When I open my eyes I'm met with a completely transformed setting. The snow is still white and glittering surrounding us but just a few steps away is a perfectly square patch of green dry grass. The green, dry grass wasn't the only surprising and impossible thing there. Small flowers started to bloom from beneath the snow and it looked like colorful flowers were floating in a sea of white. Even the trees surrounding us, previously bare, were covered in small white blossoms, more beautiful than the snow itself. Before I can regain my composure, Draco walks directly into the middle of the grass and holds out his hand to me, and invitation to dance. 

"I'm not a very good dancer..." I hesitate.

"I wouldn't expect a muggleborn to have the same formal dancing talent as a pureblood such as myself anyway," he says and I stare at him in horror until the joke registers in my mind, "Don't worry, I'll lead you." He holds his hand out further to me and I take it. He pulls me closer to him and starts guiding my steps. Despite his lead, I still manage to trip over my own feet or step on his toes which elicits a chuckle from him each time. 

"I'm hopeless," I say, blushing from embarrassment. 

"No, you're getting it," he says, leading me around in circles. Around and around, the world surrounding us seems to be a blur now since he's the only thing I focus on. He looks down at our feet to check if I'm doing it correctly and he looks up, smiling. When I finally get comfortable with the steps I start to speak with him.

"So is dancing in the middle of the forest a part of the typical Hogsmeade date, too?" I ask. 

"No, this is new to me. I figured you might like it because..." he begins but trails off. 

"Because?" I ask, curious.

"Because you didn't have a date to the Yule Ball, and you didn't dance," he says and I'm caught off guard, tripping once again so Draco has to support me and continue guiding me. The Yule Ball was years ago and Draco and I didn't know each other then. At least we didn't talk...

"How did you know I didn't have a date?" I ask and now he's the one who looks embarrassed. He sighs and I can tell he's going to begin an explanation .

"When I met you, at the Obliviators Headquarters, I already knew who you were," he admits and I laugh.

"I know that, you said that Billingsgate and Fudgel had mentioned me," I say but he shakes his head. 

"No, I knew you from long before. When we really first met, on the Hogwarts Express platform," he says and my heart explodes at the newfound knowledge that he recognized who I was when we met at the Ministry. 

"Why didn't you say?" I ask excitedly. 

"Our first meeting was... not very good the way I remember it. My father didn't want me to talk to you and I thought that had offended you. So when I decided to approach you by Fudgel's office I wanted it to be a fresh start, like we'd never met before. It's silly," he says and I smile.

"No, it's not silly. I remembered that day, too, but I wasn't offended by you. I never really thought it was your fault," I say and he continues.

"Well, after that day I noticed you around Hogwarts many times. The girl from the platform. The Hufflepuff. That's how I know you didn't have a date to the Yule Ball, because I noticed you there and wondered why a girl like you would be alone." I blush and he lifts my arm above my head, gently spinning me to the music. 

"Do you think things would be different if we had been closer then?" I ask and his expression grows serious.

"Yes, things would be much different if you had known me then. You wouldn't be here with me now if you knew me then," he says and I shake my head. 

"Maybe not," I say but he scoffs.

"That just proves you really didn't know me then," he says, "Anyway, now that I've admitted something to you, it's your turn to admit something to me." 

"Admit what?" I ask innocently.

"What happened at the Ministry yesterday? With Billingsgate?" he asks. I can tell he's trying to keep his voice calm so he doesn't discourage me from telling him, but I can already hear the undertones of anger in his voice. I try to ignore his question but he won't let me off easy.

"You promised, remember?" he says and I sigh. 

"Just so you know he didn't try to hurt me or anything like that. He just... tried to kiss me," I say and his usually calculated and rhythmed steps comes to a halt. I try to lead him back into the dance and after a moment, he reluctantly follows. 

"Did he?" he asks, struggling to keep his composure.

"Did he what?" 

"Kiss you." he says and I grimace.

"No, I pushed him away," I say and this seems to brighten his mood. He lets out a little chuckle but the anger doesn't seem to be completely gone. 

"How could he think that you'd want that from him?" he asks with disgust.

"I'm not sure... He said it was a misunderstanding so I don't think anything like that will happen again," I say, trying to downplay what happened.

"If he tries to touch you against your will again, I'll kill him," he says with deadly seriousness. 

"Draco! Don't say that!" I say and he looks at me surprised.

"Why not?" he asks.

"Because... you'd lose your job," I reply and he stares at me for a moment before laughing louder than I've ever heard.

"You don't want me to kill him because... I might lose my job? Well, that says a lot about what you think about Billingsgate himself," he says and I allow myself to laugh, too. But he grows serious again.

"Y/N, I am the heir to the Malfoy Manor. I persued the Obliviator job to do something independently from my parents support but I don't need the job. I would sacrifice it in a second for you," he says and I blush, "Besides, nothing would be more satisfying than to put Billingsgate in his place."

"Even if you feel that way I still don't want you to get fired. I would miss seeing you at the Obliviators," I say and he suddenly dips me and I gasp. 

"If that's what you want, then okay. I'll stay, for you," he says while I'm still leaned back, his arms holding me up from my back. He slowly lets me back up and we continue to dance to the beautiful music. 

After a while, when my head is rested against his chest, I notice the small flowers beginning to wilt against the harsh cold and the edges of the once perfectly square patch of grass are fading. 

"The spells must be fading," he says gently and I hear his voice vibrate through his chest. His heartbeat is calm and it relaxes me, it makes me a bit sad to finally pull my ear away from the sound.  

"I guess that means this is the end for now," I say and he smiles.

"Just for now. Besides, I'll see you tomorrow." He brings his hand up to my face and brushes the strand of hair away from my face and behind my ear. He leans down, slowly to build up my anticipation, before finally pressing his lips against mine. It's a sweet kiss, one I know very well. When I feel him begin to pull away I grab his arms and pull him back to me, just to have one more sweet moment. I feel him smile against my lips as he holds me against him. 

"This was wonderful, Draco, really. I had the best time," I say once we part. 

"I'm glad," he says.

"Well, goodbye," I say shyly and he smiles.

"Goodbye," he replies. I stand for a moment more until I realize he want's me to disapparate first. I give him a final smile before leaving. 

Once I'm back in the warmth and privacy of my own home I laugh like a giddy school girl. I wonder how I could ever have been nervous about the date, everything felt so natural with him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 245 86
"Please don't, for one second, ever doubt my love for you. That's the only thing I'm sure of." ** What happens when a Half-blood Hufflepuff sweethear...
189 7 11
"ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ. ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʏ, ᴘᴜꜰꜰ." "ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ʙᴇ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇᴅ?" ˜"*°•.˜"*°• *~*~* •°*"˜.•°*"˜ Draco Malfoy. Ruler o...
5.8K 247 59
Started: September 29, 2020 Published: February 26, 2021 Hi lol this is my first Draco fanfic I've ever made. I'm currently putting it on Wattpad mai...
6.8K 235 19
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Sequel to Don't Ever Forget. After the imprisonment of the delusional pureblood supremacist, and former...