My best friend's brother [edi...

By Lex4205

(Not suitable for readers under 16- you've been warned no smut tho) What happens when Annabeth Chase starts d... More

*1* The Beginning
*2* The movie
*3* Finally Alone
*4* What?
*5* Breakfast
*6* To Vermont!
*7* Betrayed
*8*
*9* We hit the slopes... again
*11* The Call
*12* Breaking The New News
*13* I told you so
*14* Prom
*15* Prom part two
*16* After Prom *16*

*10*

1.1K 19 24
By Lex4205

Percy POV

We packed up our stuff and piled back into the car. I was excited to be able to hold Annabeth even if Peyton still wasn't completely thrilled, I was.
I'm sure you think I'm joking when I say I'm going to marry Annabeth right? Nope! I fully intend on marrying her. I love her. She's my forever, my destination my end goal.

Annabeth sat in the middle again, and I was able to openly have an arm around her as she conformed into my side. She tucked herself in, stealing practically all the blanket but she looked so cute and comfortable I couldn't bring myself to bother her.

"Would you move your arm?" Peyton brought me out of my daydream.

"Hmm?"

"Your beef stick. Move it away from me."

"I uh..." I moved my arm to around Annabeth's waist as she further snuggled into my side.

"You're insufferable. Just go away already!"

"Peyton I'm sorry you don't like me dating Annabeth but at least be happy for her. Thats all I ask of you. Hate me all you want but think of how great it is for her. That her best friend is sisters with her boyfriend? I'd take that deal."

"Percy why couldn't you have just stayed out? I get that we're siblings and we share and that's fine but come on! My best friend? Thats just a whole new level of low."

"Some friend you are."

"Excuse me fish boy?"

"You heard me! You're a terrible friend to her. I can't believe she's stuck by you all these years!" Annabeth started to stir in her sleep. I coaxed her back to sleep with no help of Peyton.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"I don't? Really? I haven't seen her put up with your gods awful boyfriends and girlfriends but the second she finds somebody you can't just be happy for her?"

"Percy shhh" She shushed me and if I wasn't so mad I would have laughed at her adorable antics. "I love you but you're so loud."

"Y-You love him?"

"What?" Annabeth was awake now.

"You love him?" She turned a deep red, realizing what she said.

"Yes. Yes I do. I love your brother."

"Do you see what you've done Percy? Now she'll always choose you over me. You couldn't just let me have one thing to myself."

"Peyton, this is a good thing! Now when you have a partner we can double date!"

"Who wants to double date with their brother?!" She had a slight point there.

"Is there nothing we can do to make you happy?"

"I told you already. You just refuse to take the option."

"We're not breaking up because you want Annabeth to yourself. If you really were a good friend you'd be accepting of whoever she chooses to love! We accept you! We don't say anything when you bring home freaks! We just want you to be happy. Yet you can't give her the same courtesy? You know what Peyton, I don't care if I'm not your brother anymore because anybody who can be as insensitive as you're being, is not sister of mine." I was seething now. That is until Annabeth put her hand on my chest. She somehow just can do that! Doesn't matter where we are, how I'm feeling or why I'm feeling it, she can always make me feel better.

"Alright Percy, you've made your point, lets all take a breath and try to calm down." My dad tried to be a reasonable adult. Of course Peyton was having none of it.

"Who do you think you are? You can't just waltz back into our lives, which us away and expect to be able to parent us just because you took us skiing." Dad just exhaled slowly and didn't answer her back.
...

"Seaweed Brain, get up, we're back." I opened my eyes, not realizing I had fallen asleep, and Annabeth was stroking my hair, gently waking me up.

"Hey, you look... stunning." She blushed, it was adorable, but then again when is anything she does not adorable?

"You're stupid, come on." She pulled me out of the car and Mom was waiting inside. They had unpacked the car as I slept. I felt incredibly guilty, I wish they had woken me up to help.

"You guys could have woken me up to help you know."

"We had it handled." When we walked into the house I saw Paul talking to my dad, and they seemed to be buddy buddy and it made laugh a little. I don't know why, it was just funny I guess.

...

We sat down on the couches all together, to talk to mom.

"So... how was it?"

"Did you know these two are dating?!"

"Peyton..."

"YOU KNEW!"

"Peyton we knew that you would be upset, you always hated sharing with Percy, even when you guys were little kids. It was one of the reasons we moved to this house, you guys were fighting so much I was worried one of you would hurt the other. We needed to get a house that had enough rooms to separate you guys."

"Great so I'm the problem child? What about him being a manwhore?!"

"What Percy does is his business."

"So you're okay with him passing on his STD's to my best friend?" Mom was clearly uncomfortable with the question. Annabeth couldn't look at any of us. I now felt even worse for putting pressure on her. I'm an awful boyfriend.

"That is neither here nor there. Now tell me, how was the rest of the trip?"

"It was great. Dad got us individual cabins, which I thought was a bit excessive but when someone kicked Annabeth out I was able to take her in."

"Oh. Well other than the cabin situation how was skiing?"

"It was fun, yeah we raced a couple times, the chairlift scared the crap out of me of course, but yeah."

"Peyton?"

"It was fine."

"Annabeth?"

"I had a nice time, uhm," I could tell she didn't want to bring up the very end of the trip. Not that it was her fault of course but still. "Percy was a great teacher." She smiled at me.

"Thats great to know Perce, if the olympics don't end up working out you can always be a teacher."

"Yeah."

"Well I'll let you kids unpack, let me know if you guys need any help. Don't forget to stop in with Tyson and Estelle, they missed you guys a lot." I nodded and we all headed upstairs. Annabeth knocked on Stella's door, and she came barreling into all three of us.

"I wish I could have gone skiing!"

"It wasn't that great, I much rather have had stayed home and sent you Stella." Peyton picked Estelle up even though she's ten and doesn't need to be picked up anymore.

"Annabeth!"

"Yeah Stella?"

"Do you know what day it is?"

"Friday?"

"Movie day! And you know who gets to pick tonight?"

"Uhm Percy?"

"No you're our family so it's your pick!"

"Oh. Well I better get thinking!"

"Yeah!"

...

We unpacked and Annabeth and I were just sitting on my bed, talking about random crap we thought of. It was nice.

"So what movie are you picking?"

"Isn't supposed to be a surprise?"

"Yeah but I'm your boyfriend, thus you're obligated to share all secrets and surprises with me."

"Is that so?"

"Mhmm"

"Well I was thinking an educated film." He rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Really?"

"No. I was thinking a classic though, like a Cinderella story or RENT maybe."

"Lets go."

"Go where?"

"Just come on." I took her hand as we walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"what?"

"We're baking."

"I don't do that."

"Thats fine. You sit there and look pretty, I'll bake." She made her pouty face, I take credit for causing that habit to happen, and I'm happy to take credit for it.

"I am not just a pretty face!"

"No but when it come to baking you are." I kissed her cheek and got out the ingredients. I started and was on a roll, mixing the wet ingredients with the wet ingredients and the dry with the dry. I got out the mixer and poured them together.

"Perce?"

"Yeah?"

"What did your mom mean when she said 'if the Olympics don't work out?'"

"Well that's the dream but its probably not going to happen."

"But she made it seem like its already in effect... i-is it?" I didn't know what to say. Of course it was already happening. I just didn't want to get anybody worked up over nothing incase it doesn't happen.

"Don't be mad."'

"Thats exactly what a girlfriend wants to hear from her boyfriend when discussing their future." I dust the flour off my hands and walk over to where she's sitting on the counter. I put my hands on her knees, and meet her gaze.

"Listen. It might not even happen. I didn't tell you about it because I didn't want to get you worked up over nothing."

"And if you get in?"

"Then if you don't want me to go I won't."

"Percy there's no way I could ask you to do that."

"The point is, is that nothings happened yet. The second something does, I'll let you know. As of right now I'm waiting to hear if I even got in."

"Y-You already qualified?"

"Well yes but looking at it now its nothing. The dream stops when I get the call I didn't get in."

"Percy... w-when did you even try out?"

"A couple weeks ago."

"As in while we were dating?"

"Yes but I really didn't want to get you worked up like you are now-"

"I am not worked up."

"W-well I guess I didn't want to let you down."

"Percy. No matter what happens, I'll stand by your side, as long as you'll let me. I just need you to tell me things like this." Her arms were on my shoulders keeping me in place, facing her.

"I just couldn't jinx it. If it doesn't happen, which it probably won't, I didn't want anyone to know. The only reason mom knows is because she had to sign a thing saying I could try out."

"You're eighteen though."

"Yes, but the association needs a signature until I'm twenty one. So uhm I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I didn't think it was relevant."

"Percy, how could it not be relevant? This is your life we're talking about."

"Our life." I corrected. She kissed my forehead.

"Our life." She agreed.

"Have I told you today how lucky I am to be in love with you?" She smiled and kissed my cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 2.1K 24
Percy Jackson is an international teenage superstar, taking the world by storm. Annabeth Chase is a wise high school student who has no idea what mak...
69.4K 1.3K 26
Discontinued - Sorry, loves. Annabeth Chase grew up chasing the dream that she would be happy forever, without a single issue or argument or broken h...
5.9K 69 11
The original title was "Percabeth Neighbors" but I changed it :D Annabeth Chase has always been abused. Her father more or less ignores it, or preten...
404K 5.1K 21
What happens when Annabeth gets kicked out of her apartment and ends up living with a guy she barely knows, Percy Jackson? Neither of them expected t...