Avengers: Liberation

By heartofthesouth

Sequel to Avengers: Damnation. Liberty Davis has been away from the Avengers for six years, trying to come to... More

Chapter 1- Her Bare Skin
Chapter 2- Heart Breaking Cry
Chapter 3- Wet Pavement
Chapter 4- Bruce Banner
Chapter 5- Seeped Through
Chapter 6- New Home
Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart
Chapter 8- Trying To Save My Mind
Chapter 9- The Stars And The Moon
Chapter 10- Welcomed The Unwelcome
Chapter 11- Part Of Me
Chapter 12- Returning to New York
Chapter 13- Sharing With Him
Chapter 14- Vulnerability
Chapter 15- Catch Me
Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1
Chapter 17- Guilt Ridden Spy
Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger
Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots
Chapter 20- Keep All This Pain Away
Chapter 21- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 2
Chapter 23- Edge Of The World
Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple
Chapter 25- Taking Over
Chapter 26- Unable To See
Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight
Chapter 28- Complicated Woman
Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken
Chapter 30- My Answer Was No
Chapter 31- Closer and Closer
Chapter 32- Violent Red Sky
Chapter 33- The Bleeding
Chapter 34- Valkyrie
Chapter 35- Bare
Chapter 36- What We Were
Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism
Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars
Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven
Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett
Chapter 41- Doctor Strange
Chapter 42- Hydra
Chapter 43- Broken Street
Chapter 44- The Return

Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero

104 5 1
By heartofthesouth

Logan's heat slammed against his rib cage, and echoed through mine, as the memories receded back into my own tortured mind. I pulled my lips away from Logan's and just stood there my eyes level with his stubble covered chin. His arms stayed tightly wrapped around me, as his heart beat slowed to a gently thud.  I stood there staring at the dark stubble waiting for him to say something, anything. I felt like I was being silently judged as I stood there in his arms. I knew I was a monster, something unclean, but for once I wanted to hear someone else say it.

He never did.

He just removed his arms from around me, removing the living cage, removing any sort of comfort. He sighed and scratched the back of his head as he took a large step away from me. He looked past me, instead of looking me dead in the eye, it was then, and action spoke louder than words. He couldn't even look at me, I was a monster. He never had to say it, I just knew.

He left the room with nothing but his footsteps behind him. I stood there not in shock but in understanding. I wasn't the only one who thought I was a monster.

I moved myself without even thinking to the edge of the bed, and stared at the sun spot on my room floor and watched as it moved growing orange in colour. I had spent hours just sitting there, I ignored each knock, each call or mention of my name, until the orange sun glared in my eyes. I blinked away pained tears as my pupils constricted into pin pricks. I blinked a few times and looked around me then to the window where the setting sun was half way concealed by the watery horizon.

I looked around my room to notice a tablet with a small silver ear piece, sat on a small night stand next to the head of my bed. I picked up the ear piece and slid it into my ear pressing the small button on the side.

"Hello?" I questioned the ear piece, as I knocked on the tablet. The glass tablet knocked on with a welcome screen, reading "Stark Industries." I nodded and stared down at the tablet.

"Hello Miss Davis, how may I help you?" I continued to look down at the tablet, and then looked into the small camera at the top of the screen which now had a small blue light glowing inside of it.

"Hello Jarvis, are you linked to this tablet." I asked, suddenly the screen pulled up multiple search windows, weather forecasts and recent news headlines.

"Yes I am Miss Davis." I nodded, I needed to do something, but I needed Jarvis full disclosure. I needed to trust him.

"Jarvis I need your help, but I need your full disclosure. You cannot tell Bruce, Clint, Natasha, Eric or Logan about this." I sat there in silence, waiting for Jarvis' answer.

"What may I help you with Miss Davis?" I smiled at the camera and nodded to reassure myself.

"I need to know the current location of Steve Rodgers." Suddenly the screen flashed before me with multiple CCTV videos, photographic stills and maps with pin pointed locations.

"At this moment Mr. Rodgers is living in Washington, DC in a secure residence given to him by Nick Fury." Jarvis pulled up at map with a tagged address. I zoomed in so that I could see the building. It was bland, unsuspecting and blended right in.

"Jarvis what is the fastest way to get to Washington DC?" Jarvis pulled up multiple routs and means of getting to Washington, DC.

"The fastest conventional way of travel is by place, which would take one hour and fifteen minutes." I watched as Jarvis pulled up place tickets for the next flight to Washington DC.

"But there are also more unconventional methods, which would prove faster." I raised an eye brow at the camera and smirked.

"What unconventional Methods?"

I followed the layout of the safe house that Jarvis had pulled up for me. I walked until I reached spiraling stair well which led to a basement area, blocked by a pin locked glass door. I was only stood there for a few seconds when it suddenly went from a neutral untouched LED blue, and switched to an unlocked bright green. The door swung open automatically, to welcome me into Tony Stark's workshop. I looked around to find a stage which stage by stage was lit up by bright white LED's revealing the Mark V. I walked up to it as mechanisms rose out of the floor and disassembled it.

"I think the Mark V is most suited for your unconventional flying needs Miss Davis, but I must ask, why are you insisting on seeing Mr. Rodgers?" I stepped up onto the stage and placed my feet on two feet markers embedded in the metal stage. Soon the Mark V armor consumed my body. I faced forward as the metal engulfed my body. I watched as a screen revealing itself in my eye line, giving me full view of my surroundings.

"Steve Rodgers is one of the last living men that came in contact with Hydra; he knows more than any database knows about them, that's why I need to see Steve Rodgers." I felt the suit hum to life around me.

"I will put you an automated flight path Miss Davis, therefore relax and enjoy your flight." I chuckled as the suit brought itself to life. The exoskeleton maneuvered my joints so that the suit could move, and begin its flight path.

The sky was beautiful at night. A thick cloud bank had rolled in, but Jarvis just moved us above the cloud revealing the brightly lit night sky. But due to the urgency of this flight, Jarvis revealed by breaking the sound barrier we had been able to travel to Washington, DC in under twenty minutes. Jarvis pin pointed Steve's living situation.

We landed on the roof. Jarvis opened up the sit allowing me to step out of it. It quickly folded itself down into a handy bright red travel case. I grabbed the handle and walked towards the rooftop exit, I unlocked it from the other side by pushing in the emergency rail. I walked down the concrete steps, and looked around me as apartment doors surrounded me.

"You are looking for apartment thirty-four on this floor Miss Davis." I nodded and walked down the hall, until the silver numbers, "34" stood out in my gaze. I took in a deep breath. It had been a while.

If anything, I was the last person Steve would expect to see. But I needed his help, but it wasn't just for me. It was for everyone else too.

I knocked hard on the door. My heart hammered in my chest half hoping that he wasn't in. I stood there and listened for a small creaking of footsteps on laminate floor that approached the door. I heard the door unlock from the inside and a chain slide off the door. I let out a wavering breath and waited.

The door didn't open. It stayed closed; I looked into the small eye glass in the door and took a step back as I saw a bright blue iris staring back at me. Suddenly the door slammed open revealing a shocked and confused Steve Rodgers. I smiled at him, the last time I had saw him was seconds before I died the second time, saving the world.

"Hello Steve." He ran a hand through his blond hair and opened his mouth only to shut it again, and then open it again. I can see that him gaping like a fish was not going to get us anywhere.

"Can I come in?" he nodded and moved to the side of the doorway, revealing his apartment. I looked around to see that he had tried to modernize his living space, remote controlled blinds, a curved 3D TV, a surround sound system. I could see he was living comfortably.

"You are the last person, I thought I would see." I nodded and slowly turned round to face him. I gave him a small pained smile.

"That's exactly what I thought too." He nodded and grabbed a fist full of blond hair in his grasp.

"I take it Stark lent you his suit?" I looked down at the case in my hand and shook my head.

"Tonty's in a coma, so Jarvis had too." Steve's eyes grew wide, both with anger and pain.

"What do you mean, in a coma?" I placed the case down of the ground by the side of a sofa, and sat on the arm.

"Have you seen the news recently?" he shook his head and quickly lunged for the TV remote. The LED lit screen quickly lit the room with scenes of destruction. Tears welled up in my eyes as the hulk jumped form the crumbling Stark tower with a dying Tony Stark in his arms. Then it moved to the detonation of the second bomb and my falling body just gliding through the air only to be caught by Hawkeye. The breaking news headlines read how the attacks were related to the recent downfall of S.H.I.E.L.D and the reveal of Hydra.

"Why didn't anybody tell me?" Steve spoke softly as his eyes searched the screen for more information.

"Probably because I was involved." I nodded and sat down on the sofa; I stood up from the arm of the same sofa, and sat down besides Steve. His hands there interlocked together, his knuckles white with anger.

He looked at me with his baby blue eyes and sighed

"So why are you here Liberty?" I looked at the TV and sighed, today had been a long day. I looked at the digital new clock to see it was growing ever closer to mid night.

"You know more about Hydra than anyone, they are the ones doing this, and I need to know what you know Steve." Steve shook his head, and looked back at the TV screen.

"Do you know why they attacked Stark tower?" I nodded my head, and looked down at the palm of my hands. Steve looked at me with his blue eyes and waited for my answer.

"They attack because I escaped." He nodded and pressed the power button on the TV remote.

"Natasha told me about the lead from Japan, she thought you were one of them. I never believed that for one second." I smiled up at him and nodded, as I quickly pushed myself into his mind, he had once again become America's patriotic hero, defending America against Hydra once again, like in the glory days. He couldn't believe that Natasha would ever suggest that I was a part of Hydra, it was against Steve's nature to believe that I could do any wrong after the wrong he had caused me.

I pulled out of him mind and looked into his bright blue eyes.

"I know you didn't Steve, and that's why you're going to help me." Steve nodded and got up from his seat on the sofa and walked away from me and into a room, only to come out with the very thing I needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5.1K 33
My blessings became my curse. My beauty became my fear ---------------------- Azul is a protector of Asgard, and a goddess of nature. She is well kno...
22.9K 1.4K 44
Potter Morgan needed a way out. Only in high school, boarding school was the only way. But this school is harboring a secret that can be fatal. Can P...
166 9 9
Jessica Lee left her job with MI5 after a mission went horribly wrong to start a new life in New York. She was lucky to find a job with Stark Indust...
245K 4.3K 26
Serena Ace is a doctor at SHIELD. She manages to keep her secret under wraps as she works at SHIELD. That is, until Loki decided to try to destroy th...