Come back to me

By silverandgold69

"I'm in love with you." Jade says. "I don't believe you." Tori replies. After Tori is in an accident landing... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 6

1K 27 10
By silverandgold69

Jade's POV

On my way home I stop at my favorite place for coffee. I can't believe how close I came to kissing Tori. The way she turned from me though proved that she doesn't feel that way about me. It's hard to be just her friend but I can't ruin the friendship we have.

I get home and go to my room turning on some horror movie I have and climbing in bed. I hope I didn't make things awkward between us.

I do try to do some of my homework before I end up just falling asleep to another horror movie. I wake up the next day with enough time to shower and grab coffee on my way to school.

After class I have to actually do some work that is due for my two classes the next day so I grab more coffee and get myself to sit down and focus on my work. I think about sending Tori a text but stop myself. We are just friends I don't need to check up on her every day.

I managed to focus on my homework and finish it before my mom gets home and makes dinner. I have dinner with my mom and sister before going back to my room and turning on another horror movie. Before I fall asleep I get a text from Tori asking if we can visit the pond tomorrow. I tell her sure then say goodnight to her. I fall asleep with a smile on my face that she still wants to hang out with me.

"So how are your classes going?" Tori asks as I walk beside her pushing her wheel chair down the road.

"They are honestly boring. These are the courses I have to take as prequel classes before I can start taking my classes I want to take, like the basic math, English and history course. So it's just boring stuff I already know a lot about but every major ends up requiring them. Next semester I can start with my classes I really want to take and learn about like the horror writing creative writing course, script writing, and history of film making." I say glad Tori seems interested in my life.

"That sounds exciting, so I am sorry because I don't remember but are you going for script writing?" Tori asks.

"I am majoring in script writing with a minor in English and a minor in directing. I mean I love acting as well but I would rather have the college studies behind me to help me be able to write movies and direct them."

"Oh that is cool, don't forget me when you are famous." Tori says jokingly.

"I won't." I say smiling.

"What was I going to major in, before you know I had my accident."

"Music. You wanted to become a pop star, but wanted a degree behind you incase it didn't work out."

"Do you think I could still do that?"

"Of course, you are Tori Vega, you may not have you memories but you can do anything you want."

"Thanks Jade." Tori stops and looks at me and squeezes my arm. I look at her and smile.

"Have you played any music since you have gotten released?" I ask curiously. We have been so focused on her walking and gaining strength back that I never asked about her music playing.

"No, my parents told me I loved to play piano but I have been to petrified to try it." Tor says with a sad face.

"How about this, after our visit to the pond we can go back to the house and we can play the piano. If you don't remember I will help you. I have played piano since I was little and you were good at piano and only learned in a short amount of time so even if you don't remember you will learn just as quick." I ramble out.

"You really think so?" Tori asks.

"I know so. We can start practicing then when you go back to school next semester you will rock everyone with you piano skills." I say with a cheeky grin.

"Well you know I have to take the basic classes too first." Tori says with a sly smile.

"Okay then the semester after that, gives us more time for my talent to rub off on you." I say jokingly.

When we finish at the pond we go back to Tori's house. I make us some lunch and we decided to just relax and watch some TV while we eat. After a little bit of TV and we finished eat I decide it was time for some piano.

I pulled out an essay piece for piano.

"Tori, come here to the piano." I yell over to her on the couch. Tori gets up with her crutches and walks over taking a seat next to me on the bench.

"Okay does this piece of paper look familiar to you at all?" I ask Tori she shakes her head with a sad frown on her face. "Alright, this line is the bass line for now I'll play that. This line is played with your left hand on the lower keys on the left side of the piano. This line is the treble clef. This is played by your right hand on the right side of the piano; it's usually the melody of the song. I'm going to help you learn the treble clef today. Now this is in the key of C so you only play the white keys, the black keys are the sharps and flats." I play just the right hand for her before going through the sheet and writing what each note is above it.

"Alright the first note is a D. That's this key right here." I say pressing the D key on the piano.

I switch to a lower D and tell her to look at the note on the page and where my hand goes. After we practice each note slowly we play the first few measures on the sheet music a few times.

"You are doing great Tori! I say excitedly. "Are you sure you don't remember how to play and just messing with me?" I ask jokingly.

"I really wish I did." Tori says with a sad smile. I guess that was a bad joke.

"Sorry that was a terrible joke." I say looking down.

"No it's alright Jade thank you for helping me with this." Tori says smiling at me.

I quiz Tori on her notes again before I leave for home telling her to practice more tomorrow.

Over the next few weeks I go and help Tori relearn piano as well as visiting the pond. I make sure she practices piano when I don't visit.

"This black key is C sharp but it is also D flat. This is D sharp and also E flat. E doesn't have a sharp on here so it it's an E sharp you play and F. This piece is key f D because of the two sharps." I play the D scale for her to show her how it sounds to the ear. "Now it shows over on the left side of the piece on the beginning of each line what is flat and sharp. The sharps are the slanted number signs and the flats look like a little B. The sharps rest on the line that is an F and C that's how you know it is sharp." I explain to Tori.

Cat, Robbie Beck and Andre all come back home for Thanksgiving break. They come and visit Tori a couple days but Tori doesn't want to show them the pond or anything with her piano just tells them nicely how she has been practicing.

When Thanksgiving Day comes I spend the beginning part and early afternoon at the Vega's. My mom usually doesn't get home until later in the day because she works.

"Jade, we just want to thank you for everything you have done to help out with Tori since the accident. We really appreciate it, I don't know if Tori would have advanced as much as she did with your support and you believing in her. You helped her out so much and us out as well Tori is getting back to her old self and sounds amazing on the piano. Thank you Jade we are so grateful for everything you have done." Mrs. Vega says as we sit down to eat at the table. She gets teary eyed during her speech as well as Trina and Tori; I think Mr. Vega even has to wipe a tear.

"I couldn't not be here for her, I know she would have done the same thing for me I am just grateful she is making such a recovery." I feel my own eyes burn and a tear slip down my cheek, which I quickly wipe away. Damn Vega's bringing out my emotions.

"I'm grateful for you too Jade. I'll never know how to thank you enough." Tori says pulling me into a hug. I try but a few more tears stream down my face. I still can't believe how close I came to losing her.

After dinner is finished I help Mrs. Vega clean off the table and do the dishes. Mrs. Vega makes some coffee and we sit in the living room while the Vega's play their favorite Christmas movie.

"Guys, I have something I want to play for you." Tori says after the movie ends. I smile knowing she is going to play the piece I taught her.

"Okay Tori. The Vegas move some chairs over by the piano from the dining room.

"You are going to do great." I whisper in Tori's ear seeing her get a little nervous.

"Thank you Jade." Tori says with a smile.

Tori walks over and takes a seat on the piano bench. She breathes in and out a few minutes before starting to play. I sit listening in amazement at Tori playing the song we have practiced over the past weeks. When Tori finishes I find a few stray tears fall from my eyes. It's embarrassing what a sap I have become lately but listening to her play a song with minimal mistakes was amazing.

"Tori baby that was amazing." Mrs. Vega says standing rushing to give Tori a big hug.

"Thanks mom." Tori says shyly. Trina and Mr. Vega say how great she sounded and give her a hug each. They go into the kitchen and get the pies out as I walk up to Tori.

"That was amazing. You sounded amazing Tori." I say in awe.

"Thanks Jade, I had a good teacher though." Tori says with a smile. I walk forward and pull her into me. "Thank you Jade I really didn't think I'd play again but you gave me the strength." Tori whispered in my ear squeezing me tightly. She pulled back giving me a kiss on the cheek that sent a spark through my body. It was amazing. Tori pulls back from me giving me a shy smile before we walk to the dining room for pie and more coffee.

We sit around eating pie talking and drinking coffee for a little bit before I decide I should really get home to my house my mom has probably gotten home and started the food for my sister and I.

"Thank you guys so much for inviting me over." I say standing up saying my goodbyes to the Vega's my second family.

"No thank you Jade. You know you are welcome here any time." Mrs. Vega says standing up and giving me a hug. Trina and Mr. Vega also get up and give me a hug as well.

I walk to the door Tori following behind me. I think it's sweet she walks me to the door.

"Thank you Jade. I hope the rest of your Thanksgiving is good."

"Thank you. I'll text you later." I pull her into me giving her a tight hug and a quick kiss on her right cheek so her parents won't see before I turn and walk out the front door. I smile as I walk out; this has been the best Thanksgiving Day I have ever had.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.3K 26
Jade walks into Tori's recording studio to feel her heart break into a million pieces, as she sees her with another guy. And now Jade's utterly heart...
52.6K 1.1K 14
Jade and Tori never got along. But what happenes when they do? Will Jade admit her feelings or will she run? This is loosely based on I Kissed a Gir...
3.5K 87 19
Tori Vega attends Hollywood arts. Only to fall in love with a girl, a bully even. But something happens and it changes her life... WARNING! This stor...
26.3K 644 27
Jade and Tori. A story between Jade and Tori. Jade and Tori aren't close. Tori and Beck are dating and Jade's jealous. Extremely jealous. She hates t...