Stormborn

By QueenSugs41

First book She is older than most. She was feared. She was a queen. One people believed to be dead. For ag... More

Characters
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Aesthetic's
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Second Book/Anwsers

Chapter 30

6.8K 207 60
By QueenSugs41

Part Three of the Final Battle

This will have somewhat gore and very violent scenes so just be aware

POV Narrator

Fili and Kili entered the ruins of Ravenhill. A snarling like sound was heard and Kili went to charge only to have Fili hold him back.

"Stay here. Search the lower levels. I've got this." He turned to where the sound came from.

——-

"Where is that Orc filth?" Dwalin growled as Thorin paced back and forth.

Bilbo appeared quickly behind Thorin out of breath. "Thorin."

"Bilbo!" Thorin smiled at the hobbit. Happy to see small halfling alive.

"You need to leave here, Now. Azog has another army attacking from the north. This watchtower will be completely surrounded. There'll be no way out."

"We are so close. That Orc scum is in there. I say we push on." Dwalin walked forward with a growl only to be stopped.

"No. That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in. This is a trap." Thorin stared at the ruins with wide eyes.

"Find Fili and Kili. Call them back."

"Thorin are you sure about this?" Dwalin spoke and Thorin looked to one of his most trusted friends.

His nephews in trouble. He could not let them die. He just couldn't, they were his family and he would do anything for family.

"Do it. We'll live to fight another day."

Thorin connected eyes with Bilbo only to stop when a thumping appeared. As if drums were being hit on.

They looked to the top of the ruins where Azog appeared with Fili in his hand. A band of Orcs behind him.

Thorin rushed forward eyes wide with fear and Bilbos widen as well. "Oh.."

Azog raised Fili into the air with a snarling smile. "This one dies first! Then the brother. Then you, Oakenshield!"

Azog said as the three rushed forward and as Kili looked up with a frown seeing his brother, who struggled in the grip of Azog. His anger and fear sky rocketed.

"You will die last!" Azog spoke directly at Thorin and Fili looked to his uncle.

"No!"

Thorin tilted his head as sadness reached his eyes. He looked to his nephew knowingly and shook his head.

"Run!" Fili yelled and prepared for the blade to pierce his body. Killing him. His thoughts on the beautiful white haired beauty.

Her white teeth shining brightly as her smile lit up the room. The way her hair always had some kind of braid in it.

The way her muscles shown through her clothing and armor. The way she held herself and was not afraid to back down from anyone. The way her soft skin touched his.

The way her soft lips touch his. He thought of when they were hiking through the Misty Mountains and they stopped for the night.

Flashback

She was leaning against the rock as Kili sat by her legs with Bilbo next to him.

The spoke with her about the land she came from. Asking her to speak some words so they could learn to communicate with elves.

She gave them a line and they tried to repeat only making the female laugh at their attempts.

When he spoke out and caught her making him cut of his breath. The beauty of the woman amazed him.

She smiled nodding to him before continuing the conversation.

After that she came laid next to him. Her back touching his leg making the dwarves look to the pale white hair with fascination.

He gently rubbed the end of her braid and she smiled in her sleepy dazed state. Making the dwarf smile as she snuggled in.

He then vowed to take her as his.

End of flash

I will be with you again..." he whispered to himself as he thought of the woman. Ready for his death.

.......

.....Yet.....it did not come.

A roar shook the ground they stood on as Azog was hit to the ground by something hard and spiked. Making the Orc drop Fili as he roared out in pain.

"Fili!" Kili yelled out at his falling brother.

Only... Fili never hit the ground. He opened his eyes to see he was on a leather and scaled back. The back of a dragon.

...But not any dragon.

Atalanta.

The female made a series of hissing noises and stood up showing just how giant she really was.

Thorin looked to the dragon and for a moment admired her beauty and the size of her. She doubled the size of her brother easily. Her scales were a black with a tint of red.

Azog stood pulling a spike from his shoulder and glared at the female dragon who turned facing him. Her eyes piercing his with an angry haze.

She snarled loudly before roaring at him in a loud and angered way. She revealed her very sharp teeth to the pale Orc which made him nervous. Eyes darting back and forth.

(Like this)

She growled loudly before opening her mouth completely, Releasing harshly flames at the pale Orc. Her hatred and anger being shown through the flames.

Thorin smiled as his nephew was lifted by the tail of Atalanta and set on the rock next to him as she blew the harsh flames.

He immediately pulled his nephew into a hug who did the same. His eyes going to the dragon and smiled as he realized the saying was true.

When faced with death...your loved ones are the ones to come to mind.

Atalanta pulled back to look and see any body of the pale Orc yet saw none. Making her growl lowly in anger.

She growled and shifted to the group of four. "Leave. Now."

Her dragon voice was accented and thick. She was not use to speaking in the human tongue in her dragon form.

Which surprised the dwarves beyond anything not that they could show it at the moment.

Fili looked to ruins with worried eyes. "What about Kili?!" He yelled and he could see her eyes deepen before looking to the buildings.

"We will stay together...." Thorin spoke before looking to the dragon. Her eye on him. Waiting his command.

He nodded, "Save him."

Atalanta roared loudly before moving across the cracking iced river like lake.

Thorin rushing forwards with Fili, Dwalin and Bilbo following behind.

Atalanta's eyes caught Kili going up the stairs trying to take on the Orc's. He was trying to kill them all. She hissed out as she threw her tail up killing three of the Orc guards.

She moved up the steps only to stop when she heard to the roar of Azog who sneak attacked Thorin.

Atalanta turned and looked to the fight and watched Thorin get knocked over the side and she huffed stepping his way only to be stopped by Bilbo.

"Come! We must get Kili first!" He spoke and the female looked to the pale Orc before moving forward.

Yet the screeching only made only turn along with the dwarves and watched bats fly in.

They swarmed the dragon and she roared out in anger as they tried to attack her only to have her become more angered.

She roared before blowing fire at the winged beasts. The bats screeched passing her making her lock eyes onto Bolg.

Who roared out a command and she watched an Orc go straight for Bilbo.

Yet it was knocked down by Dwalin who did a war cry and Atalanta swiped her tail knocking them over as she roared out.

Legolas and Tauriel watched as the bats went to the battlefield. Eyes wide knowing the destruction they will have.

Gandalf looking at them and his eyes widen before looking to one of the riders in the sky.

"Dovah rider! fin bats!" (Dragon rider! The bats!)

He thu'umed out to the dragon rider in the sky. Balin still behind her she snapped her head in the direction of the bats and whooped out making other dragon rider look to the bats.

They both dove forward and after the bats. The female looked to Balin. "Hang on Master Balin!"

———-

Legolas looked to the dragons going after the bats before jumping and grabbing the legs of one which gave him a ride.

Tauriel looked after him before looking up to the Dwarf fighting. Her eyes lighting up.

"Kili."

———

Bilbo had grabbed a few rocks taking out the Orcs and the female dragon had jumped forward slamming her talons into the Orcs.

She roared out in anger before swiping her tail at another sending spikes into its chest.

"Bilbo!" Atalanta spoke with her thick accented voice. It was almost like a snarling deep voice.

The hobbit looked to the female but it was to late Bolg had run by hitting Bilbo to an unconscious state making the dragon roar out.

She blew fire in the direction of Bolg who dove to the side and took off making the female growl before looking to Bilbo and Dwalin. Kili stood next to the unconscious hobbit before looking to her.

"Go! I'll protect him!"

The dragon hesitated for a moment before growling and turning to the ruins ready to create a wave of destruction.

——

Legolas had flipped so the bat carried his legs and went upside before pulling out Atalanta's blade and his own duel mini swords.

He slashed back and forth as he took out a whole company of Orcs.

Thorin stood in the middle of the ice lake and watched the Orcs coming his way. To many for him to take on at once.

Yet they started dropping from arrows. Legolas was protecting the dwarf king from his spot on the ruin.

——

"Kili!" Tauriel yelled out and Kili stopped his fighting for a moment at the voice. His eyes lighting up.

"Tauriel!"

"Kili!" Tauriel yelled but cried out in pain as Bolg had kicked her into the stone steps making her cry out in pain.

Kili heard this and worked faster trying to get to his lover.

Tauriel tried to kill Bolg but he had to much metal in his body for her to do anything with her small dagger.

He had finally thrown her into the wall. She had started to bleed from her temple as she looked up at Bolg.

Kili had jumped on his shoulder sword under his neck. Bolg quickly flipped him over and Kili was quickly get up and charge the Orc only to be flipped over and held by his chest.

Tauriel jumped on Bolgs back trying to stop him from slamming the sharp end into Kili. Bolg threw her off and she rolled before stopping in pain.

"Kili." She whispered as the Orc had raised his weapon again and the dark head dwarf looked to the female with sadden eyes.

"I love you." He whispered and closed his eyes and she gasped.

As she watched the blade enter his body. "Kili!" She cried out and Fili looked up and could see his brother.

His eyes widening in anger and in sadness.

The dwarf took a breath as a tear fell down his face as his eyes closed.

Bolg grinned as Tauriel cried for the dwarf. He slowly moved forward ready to end her.

He stood above the elleth who had nothing else to lose at this point.

She closed her eyes ready for it to be over. Yet a war cry broke her out of her trace and watched as Bolg was slammed into throwing both the Orcs body and the other over the edge.

Both Legolas and Tauriel watched as the two bodies hit the rocky side of Ravenhill and held their breath as they saw who it was.

White hair...Pale skin...

Atalanta.

Atalanta groaned out as she felt the pain erupt through her body. Her vision going in and out of focus. Yet pain erupt in her heart as she saw Kili's body in her mind.

Bolg stood cracking his neck and slowly creeped over the small rock heading to the hybrid queen. A dark old looking blade in hand.

Legolas from his spot in the tower watched the Orc moving towards the exposed body of obviously in pain woman.

He reached back for an arrow only to find he hand none making the elf's eyes widen.

Legolas looked on in fear and rage before looking to the troll that was trying to destroy his tower.
He dropped his bow before pulling out Orcist and dropping down and sending the blade into the troll.

He use it as a way to break the tower he was on and it became a bridge. He moved swinging the sword ready to fight the Orc and defend the woman.

He blocked many hits and attempted many as the building and bricks started to break away more and more from the Orcs hits.

Thorin had swung a dead Orc over and broke the bridge bringing down Bolg making Legolas look up with a frown.

Many bricks falling on top of the Orc.

Another Orc approached the dwarf laying on the edge of the ice lake and Legolas looked to the dwarf.

He tilt his head in disbelief and threw the sword which had belonged to Thorin before dodging the attack from Bolg.

Spinning on his knees before pulling out one of his blades and Atalanta's.

Keeping the females blade close.

Thorin looked at the blade and smiled before looking only to catch the white hair.

His eyes widen as he looked to the female who laid on the rough mountain side. Her skin pale and wide open for anyone to see. He could see blood covering some of her making him frown.

"Atalanta..." he whispered and watched as Legolas fought the Orc only to be hit and thrown into the bricks.

His eyes then went to ahead of him where Azog stood ready for his fight against Thorin.

The horn blaring and an army of Orcs started marching making Thorin look to them with narrowed eyes before watching the pale Orc charge him.

——-

Bolg had thrown a rock the side of a torso at Legolas who dodged it easily but watched as the building start to break making him run up the bricks like boulders.

As if they were steps he could easily jump from one to another.

Which Bolg did not expect the elf to do because his body half turned ready to finish off the half dazed Hybrid.

Legolas launched himself at the Orc throwing his legs around his neck before swinging him back. Which result in him breaking the area he was on yet he used one hand to swing himself back up.

Atalanta's blade secured in his sheath he held one of his duel blades as he charged the Orc again.

He went forward to stab the Orc who caught the blade and both struggled making eye contact with each other.

Legolas tilted his head in a grin before using the Orcs bending knee to his advantage. He threw himself onto the shoulders of Bolg.

He spun his blade before slamming it down quickly into Bolgs head. He twisted the blade hearing two sickening pops signaling the Orc is completely dead.

Making the Orcs eyes roll to the back of his skull.

Legolas kicked off him doing a back flip landing gracefully on the rocker surface and watched as the Orc fell with the rest of the bridge.

His eyes went immediately to the white haired female.

He rushed to her side and looked to see the dropped blade of Bolg.

He glanced at the wound on the torso of the female to be the same size of the blade.

Growling he gently picked up her head, not once glancing at anything he shouldn't be. His worry for the female he didn't even know rising greatly.

"Wake... cui..." He whispered in Sindarin. He watched the fingers of her hand twitch.

He hoped she would wake soon.

(Alright imma clear this up now. I don't have any kind of app and I'm going off of places and sites on google. If you know of any good places to find words in the Lotr/TH elvish please comment and let me know. When I go back through to correct I'll redo the elvish I'm just using this for now. So please don't come after me for this.)

————

Thorin dodged all of Azog's attacks with his large bolder attached to a chain.

The ice they were on broken off from the rest.

Azog stopped as he turned and looked to Thorin only to look above him. His eyes widening.

The great eagles rode in with the dragons above them.

Radagast riding the leader of the eagles as Beorn rode on another.

The two dragon riders whooped as they helped take out the army of Orcs.

Beorn dove off the eagle changing in mid air landing in the middle of the Orcs wrecking havoc on them.

The one rider with Balin behind her had dove down tapping her dragon once with her foot making the dragon release flames onto the Orcs.

As Azog wasn't paying attention Thorin dropped his sword before quickly picking up the rock and throwing it at the chest of Azog.

Sending the Orc into the frozen water.

Thorin watched the battle picking up his sword before watching the body of Azog float by.

He followed it before watching the Orcs eyes open and his sword entered his foot making Thorin roar out pain.

The pale Orc shot out of the water and swiped one way with his sword and then another before going down making Thorin block with both hands.

His energy was running low and he looked to the pale Orc before looking to the blade with deciding eyes and closed them.

Much like his nephew he thought to the woman he fell in love with.

He was happy that if she had made it out alive from this fight then his death had meaning.

As he went to let go a howling and pained scream broke him from his trance. Along with the large amount of liquid hitting his face.

He opened his eyes to see Azog standing there with one arm which he had originally cut off.

Thorin brought his hand to his cheek and back to see it was blood.

His eyes looked to see Fili standing there with blade in hand glaring harshly at the Orc.

Thorin threw his foot forward slamming into the leg of Azog sending him to his knees.

Thorin watching as Fili quickly brought down the sword cutting off Azog's other arm. Making the Orc scream out in pain.

He fell forward onto the ice and Fili moved to his uncle quickly helping the dwarf up.

"Let's finish this filth." Fili said and Thorin looked to the pale Orc for a moment before hearing it.

He grinned and looked to Fili, "No. I know something better."

He gripped the pale Orc by his armor. Fili with him only he was frowning wondering what he was waiting for.

Then it happened.

The gusts of winds hit their face before the roar shook the ground. The ice they were on cracking more as it shook with the weight add on.

Atalanta, back in dragon form growled as she stared down the pale Orc. Angry and vengeful.

Her teeth revealed her eyes no longer blue but a harsh red.

They glanced to Thorin who, with the help of Fili, dragged the Orc to the dragon.

"Azog the Defiler....Burn."

Thorin spoke and stepped back along with Fili and watched as the pale Orc looked up to the dragon and she reared back.

Growling as she did so before coming down bringing her jaws around the Orcs body.

The tearing of flesh and the cracking of bones as was heard as she whipped her head back and forth making the body of the pale Orc tear into two half's.

The armor on the body of the pale Orc not stopping having any affect on the dragon for even a second.

The body coated the clear ice as she released the upper half of the body before letting out another roar.

The dwarves in front of her looking at the destruction she did to the pale Orc. They were more than surprised and terrified.

She shook her body before looking to the dwarves. Her heart started to fill with sorrow and slowly lowered herself down.

"I will take you to him..." Her thick accented voice spoke making the older brother of the dwarf nod.

Thorin frowned not understanding what she meant and watched as Fili climbed her up her wing and onto back quickly.

He came forward and went to place his hand on her nose only to have her move her head to the side in shame. Which made him frown even more.

He climbed her wing and settled in before slowly watching them rising from her ground.

She flapped them into the air making a circle over the fight happening and Thorin looked to Balin. On another rider.

"Is that Balin?" He spoke and Atalanta just nodded her head in response of the dwarf.

"Stop! Pick him up!" He called out and the female did as he wished.

She dove floated down next to the rider and Balin smiled, happy to see his king.

"Jump onto her back Master Balin." The rider called out to the dwarf who held her hand as he rose to his feet.

He jumped onto the lower part of Atalanta's back. All the while the dragon had stared at the female smelling her wound.

Growling it alert Atalanta making her look to the dragon with a hiss and started flapping away heading to the ruins of Ravenhill.

———

(Play this song while reading. Trust me you won't regret it.)

As the three dwarves got off her back the dragon shot into the sky before floating into the mist disappearing.

"Fili!" Thorin yelled out as he followed his nephew who took off running.

Balin and Dwalin met and they put their heads together and smiled knowing their both okay. They looked to Bilbo who woke and smiled.

——-

Tauriel laid over Kili's body, crying. Holding his ruin, his talisman, that he gave to her.

Before sliding it under his gloved hand and bringing it up to her cheek. Sniffing has she cried.

Legolas stared at her with sympathy and pain. The woman crying over the man she loved.

——

Thranduil searched the halls, looking for the three people he knew would be up in these ruins. Hoping he would not find a body.

His armor clinking as he came upon his son and relief filled his eyes.

Legolas looked to his father before looking down. "I...cannot go back."

"Where will you go?"

Thranduil's question made the elven prince stop and turn to his father.

"I do not know."

"Go north. Find the Dúnedain. There's a young ranger amongst them. You should meet him. His father. Arathorn, was a good man. His son might grow to be a great one." Thranduil spoke turning to his son.

The last part aimed at Legolas. He wanted his son to know that he loved him more than anything else. He wanted those jewels to show his son.

To show him the piece of her she had left behind and tell him stories of the woman who originally gave him the jewels.

Yet...he could never find the right words. He could never actually express how much Legolas actually meant to him.

"What is his name?" Legolas spoke breaking eye contact with his father.

"He's known in the wild as strider. His true name you must discover for yourself." Thranduil bowed his head slightly as did Legolas who walked forward only to be stopped again.

"Legolas..."

"Your mother loved you... more than anyone...more than life...."

Thranduil spoke and Legolas turned and looked to Thranduil who looked to the blade on Legolas's hip.

"Atalanta...her sister was the one who gave me the jewels..." he spoke and Legolas looked more than interested in what his father said. His eyes widening some...

"Atalanta...after her sister passed...gave your mother the blessing of valor when she carried you in her womb..." he spoke and the elf frowned before looking to his father who nodded.

"Yes...she is much older than both of us..." he whispered and Legolas looked down for a moment.

"I hope you make a better alley out of her than I did..." he spoke and Legolas nods before bringing his hand to his chest as did Thranduil.

This is their way of saying goodbye and I love you.

Legolas walked off and Thranduil just stared in sadness before closing his eyes taking a breath. Thinking of his wife's he has had.

Abraxia and Legolas's mother.

Both would have been ashamed yet proud of him and he knew that too.

Thranduil turned and looked to Tauriel with wide and sad eyes.

She leaned over Kili's body memorizing his face. "They want to bury him."

"Yes."

"If this is love, then I do not want it. Take it from me...please." She begged him and Thranduil walked forward looking at the elleth with sympathy.

"Why does it hurt so much?" Tauriel spoke holding her heart as her voice broke.

"Because it was real."

Tauriel looked at Thranduil with a frown and confused eyes before bending down and kissing Kili on the lips with a sad smiling before leaning into his hand.

Yet both elves were interrupted by Fili and Thorin rushing past them to the body and Tauriel looked to them with sad eyes.

Fili looked at the body of his brother dropping to his knees. Tears coming out of his eyes as he gripped his brothers other hand.

"Ahhh!" He cried out and it brought tears to Tauriel's already crying eyes.

Fili looked to the elleth who offered him her other hand in which he took.

Thorin looked to Thranduil and nodded before coming forward kneeling by the head of Kili.

Thranduil had back up and went to turn away only to stop when he saw her peaking around the corner. Tears streaming down her cheeks as blood was covering her face.

Her violet eyes shining brightly making the elven king frown as he felt a pang in his heart.

She clutched the cloak around her body and sucked in a breath.

Thranduil quickly moved taking the female into his arms pulling her away from the others.

She let a sob out into his chest and he gently pat her hair and rubbed her back as she did so.

"I failed them Thranduil...I promise to not let this company die and guess what...I failed." She cried out and he shushed her immediately.

"You did not fail Atalanta. You had no idea or control over what was going to happen." He spoke softly to the female making her cry even more.

He gently rocked her as her head stayed in his plated chest. Yet she hissed in pain making him look down to her.

Worry clear on his face. "What's wrong?"

Atalanta looked around before pulling the cloak back some revealing the wound on her stomach which was taking longer than normal to heal. Yet it was black and had veins coming from the entrance of the wound.

"What..." he whispered not knowing and she shook if her head.

"Bolg...I don't know how...but he some how came in contact with a Daedric blade. The only blade able to kill my kind when in dragon form." She whispered and Thranduil's eyes widen immediately went to worry but she stopped him.

"I will receive help and healing from Gandalf." She spoke calmly only sniffling some.

Thranduil stayed silent and looked to the necklace around her neck. How it was still there he was not sure but...it brought up a question he had always had.

"Atalanta..." he whispered and she looked up to him making the elven king glance to the side then back to her.

She raised a brow in his direction, "how did Abraxia die?"

Her eyes widen and she sucked in a breath making her look down at the blade and memories flashed through her eyes.

She sucked in her bottom lip with her teeth as her eyes watered.

"She was killed...."

She sucked in a big breath before looking to Thranduil.

"...by Smaug."

————

Ba Boom!!!!!

Chapter 30 part 3 of the final battle is up!

You best believe I cried like a gah damn baby while writing this. Like it physically hurt me so much to write this.

I adore Kili so much and it hurt me so badly to write this but....I have much in store don't you worry.

Anyways how did we like that plot twist at the end there? Good way to end this chapter....right? Was it good? Or bad?

I need feed back😫

Anyways love you all and will see you next chapter❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 18.8K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...
2.5K 87 34
In the dark forest of Mirkwood, shadows are growing, again and again. The leaves are becoming black, as the roots, and as the trees. Birds are not si...
314K 11.8K 22
"You talk too much elf-boy," Arya muttered, her voice hoarse from all the screaming she had done due to the pain of her injuries. Legolas scrunched u...
103K 2.9K 30
"Arya, they need you, even if they don't know it yet." A child, taken away from her father and brother too soon. A warrior willing to give her life f...