The concert switch one shot

By iamfidget

[COMPLETED] What happens when Hannah Jacobs, an ARMY, switches with her soulmate, Jung Hoseok, in the middle... More

The concert switch

747 57 24
By iamfidget

(Italics are Korean)

I lived in a world where once you and your soulmate were both past the age of 18, you would switch bodies, that is until you found each other. And me being 20 was hoping that my switch would happen sooner rather than later, since your chances of switching drop 40% once you reach the age of 30, so the sooner the better.

My name is Hannah Jacobs, a stereotypical American name if you ask me, and I was living my best life. I had seen BTS in concert a week ago and was currently finished with all my midterms, so I guess the only thing that would make this Christmas season better is finally switching with my soulmate.

When I finally arrived home for Christmas break, my mother immediately asked me millions of questions about how campus life was going, but my vision was starting to blur and I started to get very dizzy swaying side to side before I was standing on a stage, not my living room. Where was I? I suddenly hear a familiar voice speaking Korean. I turn my head and see Park Jimin. The Park Jimin. Fuck. I then realize I must have switched with my soulmate. Wait. If I'm on a stage, with BTS. I'M SOULMATES WITH A BTS MEMBER! Holy Shit. Once I calm myself down I realize Jimin has stopped talking. Jin was currently talking, it sounded like a closing speech. Wait. speech. Shit. I don't speak Korean. I turn my head the other way and see Kim Namjoon, thank god he speaks English. I shuffle over to him, lowering his mic and my own and say

"Uh I'm not whoever I am, I'm Hannah and I think I just had my soulmate switch. I also speak absolutely zero Korean."

He looked at me shocked. And laughed

"Yeah right hyung. If you really aren't Hoseok hyung, prove it."

"Wait. you said hoseok? I'm in my bias's body. Oh my god. How lucky could I get? Did I save someone in my past life?"

"So you're really Hyung's soulmate?"

I nod

"Well then say his hope line and saranghae for the ending speech, I know it's short, but we can't risk people knowing you're not Hoseok. You talk after Jungkook. Then when we all leave the stage stand near me and inside the red rectangle for the stage lift. okay?

"Okie Dokie, I'll try"

I was waiting for my turn and once Jungkook finished I took a deep breath in and aimed a finger heart at the camera pointed toward my face and began

"I'm your hope, Your my hope. I'm J-hope! Saranghae ARMY"

As soon as I said that line Namjoon quickly took over, even though it was like the shortest ending speech in history it was all I would be able to do without practically screaming to the whole world that I was not in fact J-Hope. It was also entirely cringy for me to imitate J-hope's line. The guys all started moving inward, so I followed Namjoon right into the big red rectangle, I was just hoping I didn't lose my balance on this thing. Namjoon must have sensed that as well and as soon as our lower arms were under the stage, he took hold of mine balancing me.

Jungkook looks at our connected arms, and my obvious lack of balance, tilts his head, and says something in Korean. Once again reminding me that I will have to learn a second language.

I followed Namjoon off the lift and into the back room. It was just the boys, and some staff until Namjoon said something in Korean. The staff left, leaving just BTS and Sejin.

Sejin: "uh Namjoon, what was so important, we had to have a meeting now?"

The boys look at him just as confused as I am, but I'm pretty sure it's for a different reason. I'm confused cause I have no idea what's going on. Everyone else is confused because of what Namjoon said. I look to Namjoon who says to me

"What's your name again?"

"Oh, Hannah Jacobs"

Namjoon: "okay, this is not Hoseok. This is Hannah, hyung's soulmate."

No idea what he just said but it makes everyone look at me. Jungkook then says

"You, ARMY?"

Hannah: "Yes I'm ARMY"

Sejin: okay Namjoon, ask her where she lives, and for her phone number so we can get in touch with Hoseok and get him back as soon as possible."

Namjoon: "Yes, Hyung. Hannah, where do you live and what's your phone number?"

Hannah: I live in New York, and my number is ***-***-****."

I see Sejin write down some stuff before making a call on his phone. Jin then says

"New York, we were there last week right?"

Taehyung: "Yeah we were"

Hannah: "Oh yeah, I was at the concert in New York last week. That's what he was wondering right?"

Namjoon: "Do you know that because you watch our content a lot or is it kdramas?"

I blushed before mumbling

"both"

Sejin then walks back into the room handing the phone to Namjoon, who quickly removes the phone from his ear then calmly says

"Ma'am. Ma'am. Hi uh, my name is Kim Namjoon, I am a friend of your daughter's soulmate. Jung Hoseok."

He pauses while my mom says something

"No, no ma'am this is not a prank I promise. Hoseok doesn't speak good English, that is why. Uh here do you want to talk to Hannah?"

He passes the phone to me

"Hi mom"

"Okay if you're Hannah, what is her major, and what school does she attend? Because there is no way her soulmate is not white and famous."

"Mom, I'm majoring in dance and I attend NYU. Now, will you speak with Namjoon so I can get back in my body?"

"Hannah?! You really switched with one of those Chinese boys?!"

"Mom, they're not Chinese their Korean. Kpop. K is for Korean"

"Whatever just put nam whoever on the phone"

I hand the phone back, He just gives me a warm smile. I then hear him say

"Hi. Yes ma'am. Namjoon. Nam. Joon. You can just call me RM. Yes. Okay, so our manager has purchased a plane ticket to send Hoseok to Korea. Yes, South Korea. Okay. Uh... I'm sorry, that's not Korean ma'am. I think that's Japanese actually. I don't speak Japanese. Oh, thank you. Your welcome. Yes ma'am. Okay Bye"

He hangs up the phone and I'm embarrassed, she just had to be racist, didn't she? I quickly apologize

"I am so sorry"

Namjoon: "It's okay Hannah."

Hannah: "She probably still thinks my whole liking kpop music thing is a "Phase". She even once tried to convince me it was illegal, and that it would get me in some "real trouble" someday. And I don't think she appreciated it when I laughed."

Namjoon: "Wow, Is that a common occurrence for international fans?"

Hannah: "Racist people making fun of us for our taste in music? Yeah. I got trapped in lockers too many times to count in high school and bullied extensively. But that's okay I had you guys"

Namjoon: "Well, I'm glad we could help you. Music really is powerful."

Hannah: "So how long till Hobi gets here?"

Namjoon chuckles before saying

"Knowing him, as soon as humanly possible. He's wanted to meet you since the day he turned 18. Not to be rude, but how old are you?"

"I'm 20, born in 2000. Bit of an age difference. He's a 94 liner, so that would make him... 26. Right?"

"Good at math?"

"Yeah, my brain works in patterns. If only that would help me with my Christmas break assignment. I swear my professor hates me."

"What's the project?"

"I have to choreograph 4 dance routines, each a different genre. I picked hip hop, jazz, ballet, and lyrical. My backup is modern if for some reason I can't come up with something for one of them. I have to also record myself performing them and perform them for my professor live, to assure her that I didn't just freestyle for the recording or the live performance. We also have to have costume pieces for each dance and have each choreography typed out with the rough drafts to prove we put thought in it. I also have a rubric for it, so I have a month to do that and I'm screwed at this point."

"So you're a dance major?"

"yuppies"

I then hear Sejin yell something. What did he say? No clue, but Namjoon signals me to follow him. Soon enough we're in a car on our way to BTS' dorm. Apparently this was the last stop of the tour, so we're in Seoul. We arrived at their apartment complex. And I aimlessly follow Namjoon, like a lost puppy, to the elevator and into the apartment.

All the guys sit in the living room, so I follow suit. They start talking to each other. I have no clue what they're saying. I catch a few words here and there thanks to my extensive kdrama watching but they're talking too fast for me to even attempt to put it together. I feel like a saesang just watching them like this.

I then hear Namjoon chuckle beside me, and when I look to him he's already looking at me. Wait.

"Did I say that out loud?"

He just nods. He was about to say something until his phone rings. He leaves the room to answer it and I am overly aware of the five pairs of eyes on me. Thankfully Namjoon walked back in said something in Korean and then looked to me and said

"Someone just got on a plane so, 16 hours till you meet your soulmate, excited?"

I froze, I blinked, then I smiled. I was going to meet my soulmate. I nodded to Namjoon, before getting lost in my thoughts until someone dropped a pile of what seemed to be textbooks. I look down and see Korean textbooks. I open them and seemingly shut the book. The guys laugh at me. Particularly Jungkook who's on my left, so me being the ARMY that I am, look at him and say

"At least I haven't gotten a 4 on an English test."

"True. I am better at English now though, so I would get a 75 at least."

I laugh and nod my head.

16 hours later I'm pacing. He's on his way up. I hear a key being put in the door. I turn and face the door. Namjoon is behind me, to help translate, while everyone else is somewhere else to give us privacy. I see the door open and see myself and I am tiny in comparison to Hoseok. How tall is he? I knew I was short like I'm only 5'1. That's short but wow. I snap out of my gaze and run at my tiny body and as soon as we make contact, I get a fuzzy feeling in my brain, the world starts to blur until my vision clears to Hoseok's chest. He is quick to wrap his arms around me as I do the same. I felt complete, there would be someone there for me. I wasn't alone for once in my life. Hoseok, my soulmate was my own Christmas miracle.

A/N: This is my first ever one shot. I had a lot of fun writing this and really hope you enjoyed it! Please let me know what you think in the comments and let me know if you liked it by voting! Thank you so much for reading, and maybe check out my other current work! Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.8K 3.5K 15
*Hybrid AU* Hybrids where only something the wealthy and well off could own. To spend money just for the fun of it. However one would think their tre...
25.7K 768 20
(based on the tiktok trend) In a world where the number of miles away your soulmate is appears on your wrist, Y/N's number always seems to be moving...
7.6K 546 19
Elvish and Manisha Reunion Disclaimer: This is just a fanfiction, meaning that all events and occurrences in this video are all fictional and all are...
1M 42.8K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...