before the pain | luke (JATP)

By crystal_mei

what's your biggest dream? to become a famous rock star of course oh yea original Okay okay... what's your bi... More

a.n
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
After The Pain
thank you
a.n - q/a

XVIII

9K 311 500
By crystal_mei

When lunch came around, the table the boys and Mila used to sit at was empty, Mila sighed as she placed herself at her seat. She opened her turkey sandwich and her apple juice, eating in silence. The rest of the cafeteria was loud and screaming, because of the October weather, the whole school was now inside to eat.

"Can I sit here?" Mila looked up seeing Luke having a small smile on his lips, she nodded slowly as he placed himself in front of her opening his lunch box.

"You shouldn't worry about Alex, he will be fine" Luke spoke, which made Mila almost drop the half turkey piece that was hanging from her mouth.

"You asked him... if he liked me?" Luke continued, as he looked into her eyes, her eyes filled with guilt as she nodded slowly, Luke chuckled.

"Well I hope he liked me, we broke up some weeks ago" Mila's eyes widened as she coughed getting choked on her turkey.

"You and him?" Mila asked surprised, Luke laughed gently and nodded as he put his fork in his pasta salad, which according to Mila had too much dressing for Luke's own good.

"Well... why did you break up?" Mila asked carefully, Luke took a deep breath leaning back in his chair as he looked at the curly-haired girl.

"He was too emotional... I couldn't handle it in the end" Luke said before beginning to eat, like this conversation about his ex was casual. Which for him it was, they broke up weeks ago.

"I'm sorry" Mila whispered looking down at her turkey sandwich, Luke sighed feeling pity that she thought it was her fault, that it was only her and him at the lunch table, he put his hand on hers.

"You didn't know" Luke and Mila's eyes met and a small smile formed on their faces, yet Luke quickly removed his hand as her smile made his heartbeat fasten. He chuckled awkwardly, before taking a bite of his lunch.

Mila tried to continue her smile until she saw Aera, Oliver, and Liam at their usual table, Luke followed her eyes seeing them.

"Didn't you and Aera used to be best friends?" Luke asked. Mila nodded slowly. Mila and Aera's eyes met, Aera tried to smile at her, yet Mila just looked back at Luke, who seemed a bit confused, yet didn't dare to ask, therefore he changed the subject.

"So you play music?" Luke asked with a gentle smile, Mila shrugged. "I haven't played in a long time" She admitted, taking a sip from her juice, yet before Luke could ask her anything, the bell rang and class began again.

"See you tomorrow" Mila smiled to him before taking her stuff and heading to her next class. Luke sighed leaning back in his chair, he wanted to ask her about her stories, her songs and why she stopped playing, yet he simply walked to class and tried to focus on his teacher telling him about English history.

Mila walked over to the blue car when school ended. When Reggie came, Mila wasn't surprised by the fact that Alex was nowhere to be found. Reggie sent her a smile before opening the car, so she could place herself in her usual front-row seat.

"Hi" Reggie almost whispered, as he started the car, Mila was about to ask if they shouldn't wait for Alex, yet Reggie was already halfway through the driveway. "Hi" Mila answered instead, she looked out the window, not knowing what to say to him, this on the other hand didn't suit Reggie.

"Alex walked home earlier today..." He answered, Mila simply nodded. "He is a very emotional person" Mila nodded again, not answering him, Reggie bit his lip looking over at her before focusing on the road.

"Want to just drive for a little?" Reggie asked with a soft smile, Mila looked over at him, she noticed his hair was hanging and his clothes were looser today, she nodded slowly as Reggie began driving off the highway and down a road she didn't know. After driving for a while, they found themselves on the top of a hill, looking down on California.

"I thought your parents were divorced?" Reggie said as they both sat on the car's hood. Mila nodded slowly, her arms were around her legs as she looked at the beautiful view in front of her.

"They are... they decided to move in together because they think their divorce is the reason for my bad grades I guess" Reggie sighed and nodded slowly as he looked at the view.

"I wish my parents would divorce honestly" Mila looked a little surprised by his words. "Why's that?" She asked, noticing his eyes weren't focused on the view anymore, but the ground in front of them.

"They yell at each other all the time, they are a minute away from being divorced, yet they never do... we live by the beach, so whenever they begin yelling I just walk down there and play music or go to the garage where we play... I wish they would just listen to each other" Reggie admitted, Mila took a deep breath before laying her head on his shoulder.

"And I used to be able to talk to Alex about it, yet when he came out to his parents... they never looked at Alex or any of us the same" Mila bit her lip listening to his friend, she hated the idea of him being hurt.

"What about Luke? " Mila asked, removing her head from his shoulder and looking into his eyes, Reggie shook his head. "Luke had his own trouble, I don't want to bother him," Mila noticed herself getting worried by Reggie's words.

"What kind of trouble?" She asked in a small whisper, almost being scared to ask this. Reggie shook his head. "Not something I should tell... but I will say Luke and I have not talked about feelings since he broke up with Alex"

The two of them continued to sit on the hood of the blue Audi 5000S. When the sun had gone down, Reggie drove Mila home, she enjoyed the company of her friend, yet the lovely day she had, was ruined as she opened the door, about to go to the kitchen to take whatever leftovers her parents had left, when at the dinner table she saw someone she did not expect and forgot would even be there.

Oliver Young, sitting at her place by the dinner table, enjoying her mom's Paella, the table that before Mila had entered the house was filled with a joyful conversation, now sat quiet, looking at the daughter.

"You're late Milliana" Mila's dad said, his voice not the typical sugar sweet. Mila gulped as she looked at Oliver, his eyes were looking into hers, as she almost caught herself having weak knees, by his big brown eyes and those glasses of his.

"Come sit down," Her mom said and put food on the empty plate beside Oliver, Mila shakingly sat down beside him, not knowing what to do, she quietly ate, still not having said a word, Oliver's eyes were still focused on her.

Her mind went to the night, she saw Aera and Liam together, a weird feeling in her stomach began and she quickly stopped eating. Of course, the whole table noticed this, so no wonder her mom asked: "Are you okay Mija?"

Mila stood up not knowing what to say, she looked at Oliver and then at her parents, then at family Young and smiled awkwardly. "I forgot I have homework.... I'll just go to my room, I'm sorry"

"Maybe you and Oliver can go to your room and make it together, and we can have an adult conversation" Mila's mom smiled brightly, at her own idea, which she of course thought was brilliant, Mila still stood frozen, not knowing what to say or do, but simply agreeing with her mother.

Oliver stood up in silence and walked to her room with her, unlike with Luke, Reggie, and Alex. Mila just opened the door to the bedroom. Oliver walked in and looked around, he tried to smile at her, yet she didn't smile back.

"How have you been?" He asked with a small smile, she shrugged. "Do you care?" Oliver breathed out as he awkwardly looked around, his eyes went to the wall of small notes, he walked over and read some of them, he licked his lips as he sighed, reading one of the papers.

Do you really not believe in sweet love?

I don't know.. I think love is difficult and we fall in love with the wrong people

Who broke your heart?

A guy that was and never will be mine

that guy must be an idiot for not noticing you. Now that you and I are friends, I'll help you get over that ass.

Oliver turned around and looked at the curly-haired girl, her eyes weren't meeting which made him get shivers down his spine.

"Who is the lucky, unlucky guy?" Oliver asked, pointing at the paper, Mila looked up and she felt her heart beating in her chest with a rapid paste. Yet she looked away, looking at Elijah's drawing on the other wall, giving her strength to answer.

"I don't like him anymore" Mila answered, this made Oliver walk over to her, looking down upon her. "Why not?" Oliver asked, Mila took a deep breath before looking directly into his eyes and standing up from the bed, which made Oliver take a step back, so their heads didn't bop in together, Mila looked at him with pity yet anger.

Memories of the party went through her head, memories of how Oliver's face was in a creepy smile as he kept hitting Bobby till he was bleeding, how he hit Reggie, which made her even angrier.

"Because I realized how much of an idiot he is" She answered, as soon as she did, she realized what she had done, yet she didn't have time to progress it as he quickly hugged her. As he hugged her tightly, he smelled of honey, and for a reason, she couldn't add the time explain, she wished he had smelled of peppermint.

"I'm going, to be honest... Aera and I miss you so much...." Oliver whispered into her ear, that was when it slipped out, the thing that made him storm out in anger, not even looking back, leaving Mila alone, to cry in her stupid mistake that she just ruined something;

"Aera is cheating on you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 12.1K 30
โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€ ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š ๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก ๐จ๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž. ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ซ๐, ๐๐ฎ๐๐ž." ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡...
49K 480 25
The summer where everything changes........ (All rights go to Jenny Han) This doesn't follow the plot of the summer I turned pretty. (Only some thin...
36K 1.2K 66
"LOVE", simple 4 letter word yet cannot be described in words by any of the words in 6500 languages of the world. A feeling everyone experience a...
22.8K 212 37
Maddison (Maddi), is the twin sister of Charlie Conway. District-5 had been her hockey team for as long as she could remember, even if the team never...