17 And After!

By BharathiGopinath

People make tiny mistakes in their life but that doesn't mean they are bad. Sometimes good people make bad ch... More

Morning...
Introvert or Extrovert
ADAM
Never Be Reckless
Directioner
The Concert
New..
Wow
Do It....
Student President
Campaigning Time
Working for Cause....
Just a girl with goals
Happy Day
Field Day
It's Field day
Be Wild
Girls Day Out
Double Date
The Interviewee
Interview
Super powers?!
The party
It's a Dare!!
A twist in the tale
Sťîļľ Hávįňğ Přáčțîcę!!
Cheers to the one !!
Hallow's eve!!
Trick or treat??!!
Be kind for no reason!!
All Abőųt Attitude^_^
Hold On!
Joy
Find Joy in everything you do!!
The Place!!
A new Friend!
Alright •__•
Christmas
Special Chapter.
EPILOGUE
Acknowledgement!

Jāñe's Dáý!!!!

68 12 53
By BharathiGopinath

Everything has to be done according to their plan for the big day. The first part of their plan was to ditch Jane. Yeah, that sounds crazy. Because with Jane around, they couldn't plan a surprise party. So they started avoiding Jane for no reason.

Adam and Elena has almost completed the decorations for the party. As it's gonna be a surprise party, Adam decided that the party can be arranged in his home.

They came up with a special theme for the party. Alec said he would join them in the party as well as the preparation. All the needed party supplies and decorations were gathered .

They put the whole thing together. Adam's mom helped them in decorating the place.

"So, what's left to do?", asked Mia sitting on the couch along with Elena. While boys, Adam and Alec put few decorative hangings all around the room.

"Since, the theme of the party is photo booth, all the decorations like boas, hats and quotes signs which reads happy birthday jay is ready.

We have set up the background, lighting and I'm gonna be the photographer of the eve", cheered Adam. He is right, Jane loves to take up photos and she is a greater poser.

So, almost all the decorations were made for the party. But poor Jane, she feels bad without her friends around. Jane was confused about their actions lately. She didn't know why left her alone everytime.

"I hope the photo frame is almost done!! Mia, is it ready. Can we have a look!!", said Elena. Mia had an idea of creating a photo sequence with the nicest collection of Jane's photos.

"It's not done yet. It's at the right corner of the room, you see it's behind the party table.

It's obviously behind the table with cake, so it's gives effective background. Come on, let's have a look!! Still I have to collect few more pictures from her mother. I'll complete it by the eve", suggested Mia

"Look", Mia pointed out the picture board.

"I'll visit her home by 5 and tell her mom and dad about this party celebration. And invite them as well", assured Mia.

"Yeah, that's a good plan. Guest list includes us and her family, ours too, then few highschool kids. All the most important people to her are here already so no need for an invitation right!!", said Adam, scratching his head. They were confused about inviting the whole highschool kids to the party.

"Adam, why is this room locked??", Elena asked pointing out at the brown door.

"I found him taking few decorative stuffs inside the room!!", smirked Alec.

"What!! Is it, Adam?", questioned Mia surprisingly.

"Nothing much, just a little surprise!!", smiled Adam.

"Oh my god, you cheater!! Planned a surprise for her without telling us", snapped Elena.

"Come on, guys!! He is trying to be romantic!!", joked Alec.
Elena and Mia laughed hard while Adam mocked at him.

"But, I feel sorry for Jane. She would be sad and pissed at us. We have been avoiding her from yesterday. And look we haven't informed her about bunking classes. Definitely she would be annoyed at us!!", stated Mia.

"What else can we do?? With her around, we wouldn't be able to give her a surprise party. She would muddled and annoyed at our behavior", affirmed Adam.

"My poor girl, she would have thought that we have forgotten her birthday, which is not true. We haven't given her any hint about this at all", said Elena.

"I'm sorry for my actions too. She would have definitely felt alone and left out", murmured Mia.

"But, let's make this party an apology to our actions for the past 2 days!! This would be worth the wait!!", claimed Alec.

"And one more eve to go....We should do our best to hide all these from her. She should never doubt and guess anything about this party. Pretend to be casual around her!!", stated Adam.

"It's almost lunchtime, come on, let's attend our classes from now on!!", exclaimed Elena.

"Hey, I have one more idea for this party. How about a scavenger hunt?", beamed Mia in excitement. Alec chuckled at her excitement.

"Scavenger hunt??", Elena looked surprised.

"Well, let's prepare a list of clues and hide it out in different places. Let Jane find out the clues and reach out to the party destination.

This place is gonna be her final reward. We will prepare different gifts and hide it out with different clues. She solves each clues and reaches this place finally!!", cheered Mia.

"Woah, this is amazing but how are we gonna execute it??", asked Adam looking confused.

"It's simple. We prepare a set of 15 clues and hide it at various usual spots that we knew already. 

For example, the first clue should be hid in her home and her mother will began the game by giving her the first clue. If she finds the clue, that'll lead her to the second one. Thus she follows all these clues and reach to us, finally", explained Mia.

"Sounds great, but what if she doesn't find the clues??", Elena asked her unsurely.

"She has to and she will find them definitely. I knew her so well. She likes adventure of this kind. All we have to do is, myself, Adam and Alec will prepare clues and hide it at various spots. Elena, you try to distract her and keep her engaged around 5 pm to 6pm", said Mia.

"Wow, done!! I'm in", agreed Alec and smiled at her.

..................

The bell rings bringing the session to an end. Adam and Alec waited outside Mia's class for her to arrive.
"So, can we get started??", asked Adam eagerly.

"But before that, did you see Jane atleat once!! She would really be worried about our ignorance. And especially you stupid, you haven't spoke to her even once!!", pointed out Adam. Alec smirked at him.

"That's my plan. I have large surprises awaiting for her. So, before she finds us, let's sneak away", suggests Adam looking around for Jane.

"Hey, I met Jane in the hallway. She looked really pissed. She asked me if I would know anything about what you guys are about to. And she said once she finds you both, she will beat the shit out of you guys!!", chuckled Alec.

"Adam, hope we are in great danger!!", giggled Mia.

"There is no time to waste!! Come one let's get started!!", stated Adam.

.....................

The big day.......

Mia woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She answered the call with her eyes closed and found it to be Elena.

Friday's night happened to be a long one and it took nearly 4 hours to hide all the clues in various spots. Mia visited Jane's home and had a good chat with her mother and her little sister lily.

Lily looked exactly like her sister Jane and both had the same smile that lights up the whole room. Lily is the prettiest and the smartest nine year old kid anyone wishes for.

She helped Mia in hiding few clues inside her house. Mrs. Kelly was really sweet and affectionate. She was very much interested in the party and said she will guide Jane to finish up the game. Mia couldn't get to meet Mr.

Kelly who was busy at work. But Mrs. Kelly promised she would bring him along with her to the party. Lily was excited to hear about the idea of photo booth party and Mia understood that lily loves taking selfies and photos just like her sister.

Mia collected few of Jane's childhood photos and later went on to Adam's house to complete the photo frame board.

While she worked with photo frame, Adam was busy doing something suspicious inside the hidden room. Mia wanted to know what it was but she didn't want to spoil Adam's plan and Jane's day.

"Tell me, El", said Mia sleepily.

"Well, we still have a table to decorate and don't forget to bring the cake along with you when you come here", said Elena over the phone.

"My mom said she would get the cake in the morning. Hope it would be in the living room by now. I'll bring it along with me", assured Mia.

"Well, Adam and Alec have been busy doing something inside the room for a long time!! I'm feeling bored", signed Elena.

"What??Alec!!! How did Adam let him in!! Traitor Adam", hissed Mia. They were surprised on how Adam would have asked Alec to help while he maintained the secret from all of them.

"Boys are always boys, Mia. So, get here soon. We have a lot to do", said Elena.

"Did you inform everyone about the color code for the party?? It's purple and for an option, say pink for the dress code", chirped Mia.

"Imagine our boys in pink or purple. Hilarious!!!", teased Elena, imagining the boys in pink and purple suits.

"No, El. They will definitely look in anything they wear! Especially that Alec", affirmed Mia.

"Oh...you say so because he is your man. Ben will definitely look more handsome than anyone at the party", mocked Elena ,which made Mia laugh hard.

"Alec is not my man. We are just friends", assured Mia.

"Just friends ah!!", Elena stressed it out which made her pout.

"Well, el. See you there!!", said Mia and hung up.

..........................

Mia, Elena, Adam and Alec completed up all the pre-preparation work for the party by 4 PM. Everything for the evening was ready.

All they have to do is get ready and be at the party by 6PM.
Now they have few more hours to relax and get ready. They took a final view of the whole party set up. It was amiable and pleasant.

The whole room was divided into two segments, where at the right side, an arrangement for family dinner was made. At the left side of the room it was planned for partying and enjoying among themselves. They didn't invite too many people. They wanted this to be an event for close ones from family and friends.

Once the decorations came to end, they headed home to groom them for the party.

Mia chose a blush pink gown with net embroidery and it was glittery. The gown stopped above her knees and v neck, the sleeve along with it, made her look ravishing.

She applied few layers of makeup, lathered dark pink lipstick to her lips and a little blush to cheeks with matched her dress. She made her hair look messy with soft curls at the end. In spite of the dress and the adorable makeup, she preferred to wear sneakers.

Mia wasn't comfortable with heels. This made her look funny when she took a last glance at herself in the mirror. She headed towards the driveway, it was almost time for the party.

By now, Jane would have started the scavenger hunt and at anytime she would reach Adam's house. They all wanted to see her reactions and it's been 2 days since Mia and her friends other than Elena has spoken to Jane. She reached Adam's home by 6PM.

"She'll be here anytime. Come on!!", Elena pulled her inside the house. The boys Adam and Alec wore pink and purple suits respectively.

They wore black pants with pink and purple overcoats. They were both equally handsome. Ben hasn't arrived yet. He said he would come along with Mrs.Hills, justin and izzy.

She was right. Jane's car arrived earlier then expected. Jane always loved games like these and it's no doubt that she completed it soon. She got out of the car.

She wore a light pink fanciful long silk sleeveless gown which was a absolutely a flattering party wear. She was bewitching in those clothes. Her hair was beautiful braided and it perfectly suited her dress.

Adam, Elena, Mia and Alec hid behind the doors and the lights were switched off to make it more surprising.
The moment she opened the door, the shouted in unison,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!!"🥳🥳🥳
Lots of balloons were popped and party crackers were blown and it surprised her. Jane was shocked to see them. She expected to find a gift or a reward for the game, but she had a party waiting for her.

She was astounded at the whole preparation. She looked around for a minute and couldn't believe her eyes.
Her eyes lit up in excitement and Jane couldn't stand still anymore.

"OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD...IT'S UNBELIEVABLE...", she jumped up excitedly. This made them laugh hard.
Mia and Elena hugged her while she kept jumping.

"Mia, you are not forgiven. I'll kill you after my party. I'll let you enjoy it along with me", she beamed. Mia chuckled at her hugging her tight. She said, "Happy birthday, love!".

Elena wished her as well. It was time for Adam to wish. Jane turns her face while Adam came forward to wish her. He stood there admiring her beauty while Jane tried to act angry. He took out his hands from his pocket and he offers his hand. She looked at him confused.

"What!!', she asked Adam, who stood there smiling and his hand still in position.

Everyone looked confused at his actions. Later, Jane took his hand and he walked her to the closet door. The surprise is gonna be released soon. They were followed by Alec, Mia and Elena. The girls were excited to know what's there inside the secret room.

"A little surprise for you", Adam said and he opened the door. The small room was well lit up and the whole area was decorated with balloons and wall decorations.

In the middle of the room was a sofa which seemed like a royal chair. The whole set up was amazing and it was incredible. No one has guessed what it might be.

Adam walked Jane to the chair and made her sit. That was lovely. Jane fitted to the background and it was astonishing.

Mia, Elena and Alec stood around the chair. Adam spoke up,
"I have never made out a proper proposal and you have accepted me just the way I'm with all your heart and loved me no reason.

Love can be full of doubt that when I look around, I realize that being around you is the most beautiful life possible. Words cannot be enough to tell you what you are to me. Thank you for loving me the way you do. For me there is nothing better in this life than sharing this super special day with you.
Happy birthday to the love of my life".

"Awww, it's cute", murmured Elena. Jane's eyes shot open in excitement. She was surprised to hear Adam's speech.

She has never seen him like this before. While, they thought Adam has finished up his plan, he suddenly bend down to his knees, and spoke again,

"My queen, will you be my........" he took out something from his pocket. They all expected it to be ring but it turned out to  ... " will you be my cupcake for the rest of my life" he stood in one knee and waited for her to accept his cupcake.

They proved again that they were crazy couples rather than being romantic.

"What?? Cupcake!!", Elena looked shocked. Mia giggled at Adam's creativity. Adam knew well that he can win over Jane only with the things she likes the most. One among them is food. She loves food a lot.

"Is he crazy??", Elena whispered into Mia's ears.

"No, he is doing the right thing!!', giggled Mia.

They all wait for Jane's answer. For second, Jane looks bewildered on all these happening around her.

But after a second of thinking, she yelled a yes. She jumped onto Adam in joy and he caught her and hugged her tight.

"Oh God, I couldn't believe all these things!! This is like a dream!!", squealed Jane, hugging him in excitement and joy.

He dropped her down and kissed her forehead by saying, "Happiest birthday cupcake!!". Jane eats up the cupcake and laughs at him and he laughs back at her. There was lot of happiness spiralling around them.

"Jeez, you people are craziest I have seen", laughed Elena.

Later on, Mr. Kelly and Mrs. Kelly joined the party along with little lily.

Mrs. Hills, Ben, izzy and justin joined the family dinner shortly. Mrs. Fields arrived late but she came with a gift, a teddy bear which was of Jane's height.
Adam's mom and Dad welcomed them home.

They looked around and clicked various photos in all the photo booths. They finally had a family dinner together.
It was indeed a happiest day for them all.

Jane's happiness had no boundaries.
The beaming and bright smile of hers never left her face. Mia prayed God, Jane has to be happy always and she should continue smiling for eternity.

................

Hey readers!! This chapter is a dedication to my best friend gayathriskannan whose birthday falls on Oct 3!! But I'm releasing this today because I wanted to make sure that I'm always her special one. So, I should be the first one to make her feel special.

Myself and Gayathri are the two people who be there for each other in spite of all our differences, misunderstandings and fights.

Yeah, no one is perfect. We both are not as well. Though, we have been through so many ups and downs, we never left each other's side. We have been there for each other whenever we needed each other.

So far, for the past three years , we have created so many memories which includes happiness, excitement, sadness, misunderstanding and we both have not talked for like months. Still my love for her will never fade away. I always tell her this 'Nothing can come between you and I'

Happy birthday best friend!! I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful, compassionate and kind person to call my own best friend. You are the best!! I promise that the more birthday candles you blow, the more I will be here for you to celebrate every special event in your life and in times of need and difficulty.

Advance happy birthday beautiful!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 9.9K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
279 134 6
Julia Walsh is quite the troublemaker. She's always getting herself into trouble at school, making bad choices, and just has a nasty attitude towards...
41.1K 1.3K 10
When John Smith's brother Ethan commits 'suicide', it doesn't seem real. Neither do the clues that have lead authorities to determine he way he died...
152K 2.8K 28
Most girls can say their sixteenth birthday was a day filled with joy, excitement, and happiness. I, on the other hand, couldn't have. Why, might you...