Second Chances: Sequel to Til...

By WrittenByKalifa

***You don't have to read "til death do us part 1 and 2 but to better understand the story and who people are... More

INFO
Chapter 1
CHARATERS
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
MORE FROM THE AUTHOR
SECOND CHANCES: BOOK 2??

Chapter 29

1.7K 75 7
By WrittenByKalifa

That night, Asia stand up all night crying and Josh stayed with her. As he comforted her, he wondered if he caused her this much pain when she thought that he was dead.

The morning came and Kim came downstairs with Raelynn. She saw Asia laying down on the couch with her head on Josh's lap and was confused.

"Um good morning?", Kim said questionably. "Everything okay?"

Asia sat up and looked down. "Sit down Kim", Asia said.

Kim made a face. "I'm going to late for the bus", she said as she sat down.

"I don't think you'll want to go to school today", Asia said.

"What's going on?", Kim asked.

Asia looked at Josh.

"I can tell her if you want", Josh said.

"No", Asia said. "I will"

Kim chuckles a little but in a nervous way. "Wait, you guys are trying to prank me right because y'all look like somebody just died", Kim said.

Asia looked down and so did Josh for a moment.

Kim stood up. "Where my dad?", Kim asked.

"Kim please sit down", Asia said.

Nicole began walking downstairs with KJ.

Kim started to get scared. "What happened?!", Kim questioned. "Is he alright?"

Asia shook her head. "I'm sorry Kim but your dad was murdered", asia said.

Kim was quiet. She didnt know what to say or what she hearing. She just wanted everything to be a dream.

"What?", Nicole asked. "No"

Josh stood up and walked to Nicole. "Nicole-"

"This is my fault again", Nicole said. "This is why I didn't want anybody to know"

"Nicole stop", Josh said. "This is not your fault"

Nicole began crying and she put her head in Josh's chest as he held her.

Kim sat in the chair with her face in her hands, crying.

Asia walks to her and rubbed Kim's back.

"Why? He told me he was never going to leave me", Kim said.

"I know baby. He said the same to me but...unfortunately we don't determine our final breath", Asia said. "And I'm so sorry"

Kim got up and went upstairs.

Asia watched her and sat back down on the couch. She looked at Josh and Nicole.

"Nicole this is not your fault", Asia said.

Nicole pulled away from Josh. "I'm tired of hearing that", Nicole said.

"Hungry", Raelynn said.

Asia got up and picked Raelynn up.

"We'll talk about this in a minute", Asia said as she walked to the kitchen.

Nicole looked at Josh.

"How did it happen?", Nicole asked.

"...it's my fault. I blacked out, I almost got shot and he blocked me from the bullet", Josh said. "He um... he died in my hands"

Nicole looked down. "What about everybody else? Elijah and his boys?"

Josh shook his head. "Just know that you don't have to worry about him or them anymore", Josh said.

Nicole looked at Josh. "...are you okay?", Nicole asked.

"Yea. I'm fine", he said.

Nicole studied him. "No you're not", Nicole said.

"Nic I'm fine", Josh said. "It's just...your mother and kim and Raelynn..."

Josh sighed. He couldn't even finish his sentence.

"I feel bad. It should've been me", Josh said.

"Then you would've been leaving behind kids too. You just got to know Junior and vise versa. Either way people would've lost somebody special", Nicole said. "I know I am always mad at you but that doesn't mean I don't love you"

Josh nods. "I know", he said.

Nicole looks down.

Asia comes back out of the kitchen. "Are you guys hungry?", Asia asked.

"A little bit", Josh said.

"No", Nicole replied.

"I'll just cook enough for everybody anyways", Asia said as she went back into the kitchen.

"I'm going to go back upstairs", Nicole said before walking upstairs.

Josh looked at KJ and picked him up. "Goodmorning kiddo", Josh said.

"Morning", KJ replied.

Josh sat down and Raelynn walked out of the kitchen and walked to Josh.

"Hey", Raelynn said.

Josh never really interacted with Raelynn much. As he looked at her he felt even worst because she had no idea what happened to her dad.

"Hey", Josh replied as he put KJ on the floor.

KJ walked to Raelynn and they started to play.

Josh watched them for a moment. He started to think about how things could've been to see Nicole and Jakobi grow up.

Josh got up and walked into the kitchen.

Asia was cooking but he could tell she was trying to hold herself together.

"...I didn't ask you this.. but are you at least okay?", Asia asked.

"I'm fine", Josh said.

"I don't mean physically. I mean mentally", Asia said.

Josh didn't say anything.

Asia looked at him for a second then back at the food.

"Im fine, Asia", Josh said.

"What about those boys?", Asia asked.

"...they arent", Josh said. "I um... I blacked out"

"Blacked out? What did you do?", Asia asked as she looked at him.

"Asia, this isn't the time or place", Josh said.

"Josh, you have been doing good. Please don't allow yourself to turn into that cold killer that those people made you into again", Asia said.

Josh leaned over the counter. "Asia, let's cut the subject alright?", Josh said.

"Josh,-"

Josh snapped and stood up and got closer to her. "Asia!", he said. "That's enough. I don't wanna talk about it right now"

Asia got quiet as she started cooking again.

Josh calmed down. "I'm sorry, Asia. I'm just trying not to think about it. The more I think about it, the more I feel like I'm breaking", he said.

"Its okay", Asia said.

Nicole walked into the kitchen and looked at them for a second. She heard Josh yell so she wanted to see if they were done arguing. "I'm about to head out", Nicole said.

"Where?", Josh asked. "And how?"

Asia waited for an answer.

"Tre is picking me up", Nicole said.

"Why he aint in class?", Josh asked.

"He doesn't have class today", Nicole replied.

"Okay. Be safe alright", Asia said.

"Okay", Nicole said before she walked out the kitchen.

"... I get she 18 and all but that don't mean she need to walk around here doing everything and anything. You need to stop being so lenient", Josh said.

"What's wrong with her going with Tre?", Asia asked.

"The same reason why it was wrong the minute KJ was made", Josh said. "It's not a problem right now of her going with him. My problem is all this shit that has happened is because you're too lenient", Josh said.

"... bye Joshua", Asia said. "Get out. I'll give you the details on the funeral but as far as right now, get out"

"I'm not blaming you for anything Asia. Shit happens. But I'm just saying not to be so lenient", Josh said.

"You mean like how I was last night? How I was lenient enough to let Jamal get killed??", Asia asked as tears started flowing down her eyes.

Josh turned off the stove. "Come here", he said.

Asia walked to him and put her head on his chest and Josh held her.

-----------------------

Nicole left the house with Tre and they went to his dorm room.

"You sure Chris isn't coming?", Nicole asked.

"Nah. He don't usually come until the evening but I'll text him to make sure he stay out", Tre said.

Nicole nods.

Tre began texting Chris as he talked to Nicole. "So, you going to tell me what's up with you?", Tre asked as he sent the message.

Nicole walked to him. "Right now I just want you to hold me", Nicole said.

Tre made a face. "What happened?", Tre asked.

Nicole shook her head. "I don't wanna talk", Nicole said.

"Yes but-"

Nicole began kissing him to get him to be quiet.

Tre was surprised at first but started kissing her back but a few moments later, he pulled away.

"No, tell me what's up", he said.

Nicole looked at him then looked down. "Lets just sit on the bed", she said

They got on his bed and she told Tre everything that she was told last night and this morning. As she told him, she cried and of course Tre comforted her. She laid on top of him and Tre cover them with the blanket until she eventually fell asleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Estella By AVI

General Fiction

62.8K 1.5K 30
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...
322K 8.2K 45
18 year old Nicole had always had a difficult life. With her dad not being there and her brother dying. She can only depended on her mother. When she...
157K 3.1K 45
Jupiter's life has always been hard from her mom taking her way from her family to her mother's boyfriend beating her almost every day. Then it all c...
380K 6.2K 52
(Book two of the rollercoaster love series) Welcome to the continuation of Leia and Nick's story, a continuation of my take on the cliche (albeit awe...