Second Chances: Sequel to Til...

By WrittenByKalifa

***You don't have to read "til death do us part 1 and 2 but to better understand the story and who people are... More

INFO
Chapter 1
CHARATERS
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
MORE FROM THE AUTHOR
SECOND CHANCES: BOOK 2??

Chapter 28

1.5K 77 19
By WrittenByKalifa

Nicole was sitting on the couch when she decided to call Josh but he didn't answer. She was getting worried because she didn't mean with Elijah and she thought that he put the hit out on him.

Nicole walked upstairs and into Asia's room.

"Mom, have you heard from dad?", Nicole asked.

"No. Why?", Asia asked.

"He isn't answering his phone", Nicole said.

"He's probably just sleep", Asia said.

"He still at least answers his phone", Nicole said.

"How about you relax yourself and I call him okay?", Asia said.

"...okay", Nicole said.

Asia picked up her phone and called josh.

"Where is Jamal at anyways? It's been a few hours now", Nicole said.

Asia didn't answer her question because Josh answered the phone.

"Hey, your daughter was calling you. You sleep?", Asia asked.

"Nah. I'm with Jamal", Josh replied.

"Woah. Doing what?", Asia asked.

"Well you know how I handle things", Josh said.

"Josh, no. That is not good for you, you don't need to be doing anything that would set you back", Asia said.

"This little nigga killed my son and hurt and violated my daughter. I'm not going for that shit", Josh said.

"I get that but-"

Josh cut asia off. "But I don't wanna hear shit you saying right now and do me a favor and not tell Nicole about this", Josh said.

Asia looked at Nicole. "Go to your room", Nicole said.

"Why?", Nicole asked.

"Room! Now", Asia said.

Nicole rolled her eyes and walked out.

Asia got up and shut the door and walked back to the bed. "Josh, you are doing good. Do not throw that away", Asia said.

"I'm not about to talk to you about this right now. I have some business to handle", Josh said before he hung up.

Asia sighed and shook her head and called Jamal.

"Yes darling?", Jamal answered.

"You have a lot of explaining to do because you said you wouldn't handle this with violence", Asia said.

"We not. We just gone talk some sense into the boy and if he wanna get violent then I'm going to get violent. Well, we", Jamal said.

"You're an idiot and so is Josh. You guys are supposed to be better", Asia said.

"Asia listen I'm sorry but he messed with the wrong people", Jamal said. "Period point blank"

Asia shook her head. "...just keep each other safe then", she said.

"Nobody is worried about these little dawgs", Jamal said. "We the big dawgs"

"Jamal you haven't been doing stuff like that since your were young. You're older now and not as quick on your feet", Asia said.

"Hey listen. I love you alright and I'll see you tonight", Jamal said.

"I love you too Jamal", Asia said. "Just please be careful. Both of you"

"We will", Jamal said.

"...see you when you get home", Asia said. "Bye"

"Bye", Jamal said before he hung up.

Nicole knocked on the door.

"Come in", Asia said.

Nicole opened the door and walked in. "You know I'm not an infant right?", Nicole said. "I'm 18 years old"

"I get that Nicole", Asia said.

"So why can't you be honest with me??", Nicole said. "18 years and you still can't be honest with me. I have to find out things on my own"

"You listen in on my phone call?", Asia asked.

"Yes, because you don't tell me anything", Nicole said.

"Maybe because you don't need to know", Asia said. "Listen, 18 or not I am still your mother"

Nicole rolled her eyes.

"Do you want me to take you to class tomorrow? Or what?", Asia asked.

"I'm not going to class", Nicole said.

"Okay", Asia said. "I guess one missed day won't hurt",

"...Goodnight", Nicole said.

"Goodnight", Asia replied.

Nicole walked out of the room and Kim walked into the room.

"Hey mom", Kim said.

"Hey girly", Asia said.

"Where's dad?", Kim asked.

"Um..He's out with a friend. Why what's up?", Asia asked.

"He was supposed to help me with this project", Kim said. "But I guess I can ask Nicole"

"Nicole isn't feeling well right now so I'll help you", Asia said.

Kim smiled. "Um.. mom I don't think that's a good idea", Kim said.

"And why not?", Asia asked.

"Because the last time you helped me I didn't do so good", Kim said.

"Yea that was my fault. But this time will be better trust me", Asia said. "What you got?"

"I'll go and get the stuff", Kim said as she walked out.

—————————

Later that night, Asia was the only person up. Jamal hadn't gotten back so she was a little worried. Before she got a chance to call him she heard the door open while she was pacing back and forth in the kitchen.

She assumed it was Jamal and she felt relief as she walked into the living room but it was just Josh.

Asia jumped a little bit. "Oh you scared me", she said. "Where's Jamal"

Josh didn't say anything. He just had this sad look on his face.

"Josh?", Asia said.

"Sit down", Josh said softly.

Asia chuckled. "Come on Josh where is jamal because im tired", she said.

"Asia sit... please", Josh said.

Asia's face for serious as she sat down. "What?", she asked.

Josh sat down next to her slowly and then touched her hand that was sitting on her thigh. "Asia...Jamal is gone", josh said.

"Gone like, see you later gone or...gone gone?", Asia asked as she began to tear up.

"...gone...gone", Josh said.

Asia shook her head. "No.. no this is not happening to me again", she said. "No"

"Hey, hey. Deep breaths", Josh said.

"He said he'd be back josh", Asia said.

"I know and I tried everything in my power to make sure he came back I wasn't fast enough", Josh said.

Asia looked down.

"...if you wanna be mad at somebody. He mad at me", Josh said. "I wasn't- I wasn't paying attention and...he jumped in front of the bullet"

Asia covered her mouth.

" I'm sorry", Josh said as a tear rolled down his eyes. "I am so sorry"

Asia just hugged Josh tightly as she cried but she wanted to comfort him.

"It's not your fault, okay", Asia said.

Josh sniffed a little. "You were finally happy and I fucked that up... it should've been me", he said.

Asia put her head on his shoulder. "You did nothing", she said. "Stop blaming yourself".

Josh wiped his tears.

Asia began crying again as her head laid on Josh's shoulder.

Josh rubbed her back until she stopped.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 8.2K 45
18 year old Nicole had always had a difficult life. With her dad not being there and her brother dying. She can only depended on her mother. When she...
255K 8.7K 71
Read Til' Death Do Us Part Book 1 first before you read this one! ***THIS CONTENT CONTAINS MATURE SCENES IN IT, ALONG WITH VIOLENCE ***** Asia has ha...
63.6K 1.5K 31
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...
381K 6.2K 52
(Book two of the rollercoaster love series) Welcome to the continuation of Leia and Nick's story, a continuation of my take on the cliche (albeit awe...