πΏπ‘‚π‘‰πΈπ‘…π΅π‘‚π‘Œ (𝐢. 𝐷𝑖𝑔�...

By simply_simps_

"Are you playing hard to get?" "Oh please, you think I'd play anything for you? I'm just simply hard to get"... More

Prologue & Cast
Chapter 1: Friendly Faces
Chapter 2: The Grand Staircase
Chapter 3: Sleeping Bags
Chapter 4: Black Lake
Chapter 5: Wrong Man
Chapter 6: Leaving Home
Chapter 8: Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 9: Friend or Foe
Chapter 10: A Glorified Idiot
Chapter 11: Heartbreak
Chapter 12: Two Sides To A Story
Chapter 13: The First Task
Chapter 14: Deals and Dates
Chapter 15: Amortentia
Chapter 16: Bruises
Chapter 17: Astronomy Tower
Chapter 18: Polyjuice Potion
Chapter 19: The Final Task
Chapter 20: Ghost in the Graveyard
Chapter 21: Remembering
Chapter 22: Cursed Scars
Chapter 23: Summer Loving
Chapter 24: Orders
Chapter 25: Nosebleed Nougats
Chapter 26: Padfoot
Chapter 27: Just Pink Not Pretty
Chapter 28: Quills
Chapter 29: The D.A.
Chapter 30: Quidditch Brawl
Chapter 31: Betrothed
Chapter 32: Mistletoe
Chapter 33: Expecto Patronum
Chapter 34: Great Escapes
Chapter 35: Catch
Chapter 36: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 37: Thestrals
Chapter 38: Graduation
Chapter 39: The New Longbottom
Chapter 40: Forever
Chapter 41: Stomach
Chapter 42: Andromeda Tonks
Chapter 43: Wedding Crashers
Chapter 44: Forgetting
Chapter 45: Tyler LeStrange
Chapter 46: Astrid Black
Chapter 47: Cassie Diggory
Chapter 48: Aaron LeStrange
Chapter 49: Rey Quigley
Chapter 50: Belle Quinn
Chapter 51: Ned Longbottom
Chapter 52: Aspen LeStrange
Chapter 53: Cedric Diggory
Chapter 54: Amora Diggory
Epilogue

Chapter 7: Manor Rescue

7.3K 217 217
By simply_simps_

Aaron, Amora, and Tyler were two and a half months into summer and it was absolutely miserable. They had all fallen back into their own habits and schedules, while the Malfoys had fallen back into theirs. Tyler's consisted of running with Draco and his crew through Diagon Alley up to mischief. Aaron, however, was as quiet as ever. Amora knew why, for she was experiencing what he was going through. Every letter he received from Rey he read with sorrow and misery. Amora could feel Cedric trying to cheer her up through his writings, but she knew that the Malfoy Manor was the furthest place from cheerful.

My Dear Amora,

God, I'm just going to start this letter about how much I miss you. I never even knew I could miss a person this much. Personally, I don't even know how I was so unbelievably lucky to be able to date someone like you. This morning was much like the rest. The sunlight was peeking through the curtains, and the birds that live in my sycamore tree were chirping once again. However, there was this inexplicable feeling of joy in my heart and I knew right away I needed to tell you how much I love you. Forgive me, for I'm not a writer but let me just explain how I feel as best as I can. I'm falling for you, Amora Shea LeStrange. I'm falling so in love with you, and I'm afraid it will never end. The scariest part is that I can't see you every day. I know you are receiving my owls but I don't seem to be receiving yours. Nonetheless, I'll keep writing. I don't care if I don't get a letter back, but as long as I know you get my letters, that's all the comfort any man would ever need.

Yours Forever,
Dingus

Amora and Aaron were confused, however, because they received letters but Rey and Cedric were always complaining how they never got letters back. Did Cedric think she wasn't writing back? She shook the thought from her head since she knew there was no way. Her screech owl, Crimson, was one of the fastest owls in her year. There was no way Cedric couldn't be receiving her letters.

The twins spent most of their days locked in their room, reading multiple spell books. When Lucius left the house, their aunt Narcissa would become a whole new person. She would invite Aaron and Amora into the garden while she baked countless snacks. In the garden, Amora and Aaron would reminisce about their previous year at Hogwarts.

"Do you think they think about us?" Amora asked one day while she examined a sunflower blooming amongst the drab shrubs.

"Of course they do," Aaron said, stretching out on the bench nearby the river.

"I know I just...miss him a lot, you know?" Amora explained, plopping down on the spot next to him on the bench.

"I miss her too," Aaron sighed, "But it's alright, we only have two weeks left to go."

"Oh! Speaking of which, Cedric sent me an owl today!" Amora exclaimed, hastily grabbing the crumpled letter out of her pocket.

"He always writes to you everyday," Aaron snorted, inspecting a nearby bush.

"So does Rey," Amora snapped back and Aaron's face went red as he turned away.

"So...what did the pretty boy have to say?" Aaron asked, looking over at the letter.

"Something about the Quidditch World Cup. He has spare tickets and said we could come with him and our whole friend group!" Amora explained, showing him the letter. Aaron's eyes widened and Amora chuckled, knowing that Aaron wasn't just a Chaser for the Slytherins, but also a Quidditch addict.

"So, what do we have to do?" Aaron asked, handing her back the letter. Amora couldn't tell if he was more excited about seeing the World Cup or seeing Rey. Most likely the latter.

"We have to ask Lucius."

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Draco and Tyler crashed through the doors, stomping their muddy shoes off. Once they had, they clamored up the stairs.

"I can't believe that Pansy actually tried to kiss you," Draco snorted, shutting the door.

"Blimey she's weird," Tyler muttered, flopping down on Draco's bed. In the previous year, the pair had become much closer. They weren't just cousins, they were best mates.

"Why didn't you kiss back?" Draco asked, shrugging his coat off.

"I have a girlfriend," Tyler chuckled and Draco's jaw dropped.

"Who?" Draco asked, suddenly intrigued.

"Cassie Diggory," Tyler beamed, as just the mention of her name made him smile.

"You're dating a blood traitor? It's bad enough that Aaron is dating a mudblood and Amora's dating a blood traitor, but you?" Draco shook his head, astonished.

"She makes me happy and she could have purple blood for all I care!" Tyler shouted, throwing his hands in the air dramatically. Before Draco could respond, they heard a familiar bell ring which called them to dinner.

"Come on, let's eat," Tyler chuckled before dashing out of the room. The pair were surprised to walk into not a dining room, but a war zone.

"She's not a mudblood!" Aaron roared.

"She is! And I refuse to let you associate with her, not after everything your mother has sacrificed for our cause," Lucius hissed before turning to Amora, "And you."

"Leave her out of this," Aaron growled, clenching his fists.

"How can I? She's the one dating a filthy blood traitor," Lucius barked and Amora shot to her feet.

"They aren't any type of blood! They're our friends!" she shouted. Narcissa, Draco, and Tyler just stood in the back with their jaws hanging wide. The twins never even raised their voices to their uncle, but Tyler suspected they just missed their partners too much.

"Oh please, you'll thank me later for cutting you off from those disgraces. Already started it for you by intercepting all of your letters to them," Lucius sneered. Aaron's eyes went red as Amora's fist slammed down on the table.

"What the hell?" she shouted, knocking her chair back. Aaron was simply too angry to say anything but Amora swore she could see that he was going to punch Lucius' teeth out.

"I'm not dealing with this, up to your rooms. I won't hear another word of this nonsense," Lucius snapped before reading The Daily Prophet. Not wishing to be punished further, Amora and Aaron silently trudged up the stairs and back into their room.

"I hate everything," Amora groaned, flopping onto her bed. Aaron, instead, hurtled his lamp across the room. Amora's eyes widened as she watched Aaron throw his dresser on the floor.

"Aaron quit it!" she hissed, quickly whisking out her wand and rearranging their room.

"He cut off our letters! That's why we haven't gotten our letters in the past days, and why Rey and Ced haven't been getting our letters at all!" Aaron shouted, running his hands through his hair.

"Well, there's no point in worrying about it anymore. We go back to school in two weeks and the Quidditch World Cup is in two days. Lucius already made sure it was too late, so we should probably just get some shut eye," Amora grumbled before shutting her lamp off. Aaron did the same and darkness filled the room. The only night remaining was the moon shining through the cracks of the window. The moon was the only thing that comforted Amora because she knew that Cedric was also staring at the same one. She then closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Do you think she's dead?" a perky voice asked. Amora's first instinct was to scream, so she did, but a hand covered her mouth.

"Shut up! You're gonna get us in trouble. Ned, would it kill you to turn the lights on?" another familiar voice asked. Amora recognized this one.

"Belle?" she asked quietly. The lights flickered on and Amora's jaw dropped.

"I must be dreaming," Amora muttered as Belle stood at her bed. She then turned over to Aaron and was surprised but happy to see Rey and Aaron in a warm embrace. She could have sworn she didn't hear just Rey, but also Aaron crying.

"We came to rescue you, you idiot," Belle rolled her eyes as she dragged a half asleep Amora from her bed.

"Who's we?" she asked groggily, rubbing her eyes.

"Amora? Is that you?" another voice asked. This one, Amora did recognize as well. She had heard his voice, so many times, but only in her dreams. Here she was, however, standing here in front of him. She saw as the moonlight shone on his familiar lopsided grin and his chestnut hair. She ran over and was pleasantly surprised to feel his strong arms hold her close as she sobbed into his shirt. This summer had been much too long, but he had come all this way for her. She knew he cared.

"Now sunshine, don't get all weepy on me," Cedric croaked and Amora chuckled softly.

"Hate to break up the party, but we gotta get moving," Ned's voice called from the end of the room.

"Ned!" Amora cried as she broke from Cedric and wrapped her Hufflepuff friend in a tight hug. He smiled softly and ruffled her hair.

"Hey champ," he smirked and Amora swatted at his head.

"Oh right, packing," Amora muttered, looking around her room.

"Don't worry, I've done most of it for you," Cassie's voice called as she emerged from the twin's bathroom.

"But where?" Aaron asked, confused. Cassie smirked and motioned to a small sack on the side of her waist.

"An Undetectable Extension Charm... Cassie you're brilliant!" Amora cheered as she walked over. Once the twins had tossed a couple more of their objects and possessions in, they were ready to go.

"Wait... how did you all get here?" Amora asked, confused.

"Well, mainly on broomsticks but we needed... some help," Cedric explained. He motioned to the window and Amora ran over.

"Oi! We're about to grow some grey hair if you leave us out here for ages!" Fred called.

"Yeah, let's get out of here before we fossilize!" George chanted from their flying car.

"I thought the car was destroyed!" Aaron shouted back.

"That's what we want our mum to think!" Fred explained as Tyler and Cassie crawled into the backseat.

"We actually snuck into the Dark Forest and found it for some auto repair," George chuckled as he and Fred exchanged a mischievous look. A wide grin spread to Amora's face as the excitement of the night was getting to her. Suddenly, a loud knock on the door drained the color from her face.

"What's going on in there?" Lucius's cold voice snapped from the hallway.

"Go, go, go!" Aaron hissed at everyone. Fred and George pulled away as Tyler held Cassie in his arms in the backseat of the car. Ned hopped onto his broom and Belle held his waist from behind. Amora's eyes widened as they gave each other a quick peck on the lips and he took off. Aaron climbed onto his own broom and Rey held on tight to his waist. He turned around and kept asking her if she was alright and she insisted until they too took off into the navy sky.

"Alohamora!" Lucius shouted. The door swung open as Cedric and Amora climbed onto the last broom. She looped her arms around his waist and held on tight. She glanced back at her room one last time as Lucius ran after them, shouting at them to come back.

"Stupefy!" he shouted. The beam of white light shot from the tip of his wand and Amora screamed but Cedric expertly dipped and rolled the broomstick, dodging the spell. Amora turned around again and to her pleasure she saw a very pissed off Lucius standing in the window. She also noticed Draco and Narcissa standing as well, but Narcissa's eyes were glimmering with pride and Amora could have sworn she saw her smiling.

Amora then directed her attention to the sky ahead of her. The stars were once again dotting the navy sky, just like they did when Cedric and Amora kissed for the first time. She looked around at her friends who had come to save her as they cheered on their broomsticks and in their flying cars. She then looked forward and saw Cedric smiling back at her. He was simply ecstatic to have her back with him and he felt like he could fly over the moon if he wished to. She hugged him closer and closed her eyes as the wind whipped at her face. Sure, the Malfoys were family by blood, but if Amora had learned anything this summer it was definitely that blood didn't matter.

Not when she had her true family here right with her as the flew through the night sky.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: WHOA THIS STORY GOT #1 ON OTHER CHARACTERS. I'm freaking out right now, sorry! :) I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and keep on reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 811 18
Popularity is not for the faintest of hearts. While surrounded by people y/n Freeman cannot help but feel alone sometimes. That is until third year w...
3.9K 154 13
"You know you love me, beautiful." "Fine. I love you, Cedric. With all my heart." ~.+*+.~ In an alternate universe where Cedric didn't love Cho Chang...
174K 6.4K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
117K 1.9K 28
"I like you. It's doesn't feel like its nothing anymore." He said to the young brown hair caramel eyed girl in front of him. "Hermione...what you thi...