That Awkward Magic ◆ JeonJung...

By BornToSpark

"You smell very nice." "Are you...trying to flirt or something?" • A socially awkard witch has to struggle wi... More

🪐Teaser✨
•Playlist•
One - The Back Of The Classroom
Two - Magic At My Fingertips
Three - Baby, We've Got Chemistry
Four - Little Red Riding Hood
Five - Throw A Tantrum
Six - The Lingering Scent
Seven - A Bit Of Both
Eight - A Loner By Heart
Nine - Friends Made Over Time
Eleven - Bathing In Comfort
Twelve - Quite A Handful
Thirteen - Welcome In Hell
Fourteen - Fuzzy Minds
Fifteen - Selfish Beings
Sixteen - Two Different Sides
Seventeen - Big Bad Puppy
Eighteen - To Inspire Chaos
Nineteen - Kings Of The Circus
Twenty - Red Haired Witches Are The Real Deal
Twenty One - Bending Rules
Twenty Two - The Touch Of A Friend
Twenty Three - Busted
Twenty Four - Ghosts Of The Past
Twenty Five - Miss You
Twenty Six - Just The Two Of Us
Twenty Seven - Like A Treasure Made Of Sand
Twenty Eight - Old Spark
Twenty Nine - Turning Childish
Thirty - Peace Offer
Thirty One - Hypnosis
Thirty Two - Aftermath
Thirty Three - Like Solving A Puzzle
Thirty Four - Whispering Hearts
Thirty Five - Another Kind Of Magic
Thirty Six - Class Trip (Or; How To Define Love)
Final - New Beginnings
Extra - Jung Hoseok: The Morning After
Extra - Arms To Carry You
I LOVE YOU ALL + New Stories

Ten - Little Steps, Together

4.7K 392 100
By BornToSpark

"Did you find out something about the shifter in your grade?" Grandma asked me, skinny fingers wrapping around her tea cup as she threw a casual glance at me, voice trying really hard not to sound too interested.

"Mmh... no." I answered easily, chucking down my orange juice before hurrying out of the kitchen so that I wouldn't miss my bus again.

I hated it; lying to my Grandma that is. She's always been nothing but honest and good to me and now I was lying to her for no fucking reason.

Maybe I was just happy about sharing this little secret between Jungkook.

Yeah, probably. I've never had this - a secret between friends - in my life. It was quite an exciting experience, now that I think about it.

Friends...

"Let's be friends Y/N!"

It sounded like the kinda thing kindergarten kids would say to each other the first time they meet. So innocent and thoughtless.

"Have a nice day, honey!" Was what I heard Gran gran shout before I shut the door behind me, just to sprint down the road, where the bus was just arriving.

Panting, I practically threw myself inside, slumping down onto the next best seat heavily.

"Almost missed it, huh?"

I looked up to the person sitting next to me.

I didn't know him, though we've probaly been taking the same bus for years now.

"Yeah-" I huffed out, smiling sheepishly.

The boy, around my age, just grinned crooked, before looking away, averting his attention to the street outside.

I leaned back too, sighing.

I'll see Jungkook today. Just like any other school day. Why do I feel so excited?

___

"So..." I looked at Jungkook who was looking back with an expression that told me that a boy was ready to take commands and fulfill them.

"So..." He echoed, even going as far as placing his elbow right next to me and resting his chin in his palm (I was getting tired of reminding him of my personal space already).

If you're asking yourself what the matter was: History project. That was the matter.

I'm not good enough of a student to be handling this kind of project all by myself but this annoying little pup was looking at me as if he was expecting me to pull out a perfectly planned presentation about the fucking crusades out of nowhere.

"Uhm... let's start?" I said vaguely, getting nothing but a fond smile as an answer.

"Jungkook..." I sighed, "Why did you insist on doing this with me? I don't even know what we're supposed to do."

I was always the kid that ended up working by myself, completely bullshitting the whole presentation, just to make it through because my teachers were feeling bad for my lonely ass.

"I wanted to work with you, because I knew it was gonna be fun with you!" He empathized insistingly.

"Ah." 😑 "Are you having fun so far?"

"Yes!"

"That was a rhetorical question Jungkook. You'll need to help me a bit if you wanna get a good grade."

"Oh." The shifter pursed his lips, eyes falling onto the opened school book laying in front of us, "So the crusades... were a pretty bad thing, hm?"

I groaned, "Are you kidding me?!"

This. This is why I'm always working alone. Because I end up doing all the work by myself anyways, no need to push another idiot's grade on top of it.

Whatever, although he was acting kinda stupid, I have to admit that Jungkook was alarmingly good at taking orders (no, I'm not gonna make a dog joke now) and he got everything I told him done quickly and reliably. Nice. I could work with that.

But when it came to the actual thinking part he was... well...

"You look so cute when you're concentrating."

My eyes whipped up from the text I'd been reading, just to see Jungkook sitting right in front of me, with a dreamy smile on his lips, eyes dropped down to watch my every moves.

"You're a creep."

His weird smile didn't falter.

"When you concentrate you're scrunching you're nose like this-" He pointed at his own nose, trying to imitate what I apparently looked like, "-almost like a bunny."

I stared at him for a moment, feeling reminded of why I chose not to have any close friends in class.

"Thanks Jungkook, go back to work." I muttered, watching the weirdo nod eagerly.

My eyes followed his movements when he took out a pen, long, elegant fingers wrapping around the item before he proceeded to note down things from his book. While reading he was frowning slightly, somehow ignoring the wavy strands of dark hair falling into his eyes as he leaned forwards.

I chewed on my lower lip while watching him work, thoughtful.

Everything about him: The way he dressed, the way he was acting, speaking , laughing... everything seemed so odd to me. Like he was an alien who came crashing into my planet one day. Or maybe I was the one who was an alien, who knows.

It had already crossed my mind that, maybe, the way he was acting was because he grew up as a shifter, but I didn't know enough about him and shifters in general to be saying this for sure.

I would learn to accept our differences, as odd as we might've looked for each other back then. Witches and shifters weren't the same after all. But this was what made it beautiful.

"Well, uh, bye then." I mumbled awkwardly at the end of the day, thrown off guard when Jungkook - instead of saying goodbye as well - just flung himself on me, embracing me in a suffocatingly tight hug (Yeah, I've never met anyone who hugs like Jeon Jungkook).

"Hmpf-" I huffed when I felt a wall of Jungkook hit me full force, my complains being over thrown by the boy's happy giggles.

As I might've mentioned already, Jungkook is like twice my size, which means that I was now fully engulfed by a probably over six feet tall giant, who was acting like he'd never hugged a girl before. I mean, who knows, maybe he didn't.

"Bye..." He pressed his nose against my shoulder, all my prior warnings about giving me some fucking space deleted off of this idiot's brain as he inhaled deeply, "-bye... bunny."

I remained motionless when the shifter separated from me, who probably looking terrified as he was happily hopping away.

"You little shit-" I hissed, before shouldering my bag aggressively and following the other students, who'd been watching amused, outside.

___

it's been a while

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 723 40
Top ranking #1 Kim yoojung #2Jungkooklove #2Don'tleaveme Completed story This story is about three people Ahn ha na Kim Taehyung Jeon jungkook Thi...
254K 7.3K 20
Lee Eunise was a simple girl she was a rogue on an early age because of her cruel parents. She hides her identity as a normal she-wolf. She attends t...
11.4K 1.6K 28
늑대인간...🐺 •A Jeon JungKook fanfiction• •Inspired by: #the_vampire_diaries #the_originals ••• ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ʟɪᴋ...
270K 9.1K 21
Jungkook fan fiction: Enemy's to lovers story, but with a twist. Why can't things seem to make sense for y/n? Everything is just weird.. He is weird...