ADORE YOU

By _awizardsway_

She was like art, exquisite & fascinating. Admired by many, yet he was the one who truly had the privilege to... More

COPYRIGHT
AESTHETIC
1•Introduction•
2•First Meet•
3•Thoughts•
4•Plotting•
5 •Confident•
6 •Payback's a Bitch•
7 •Surprises•
8 •The Announcement•
9 •The Invitation•
10 •The Gala•
11• Conciliation•
12 •Periculum•
13 • Amicis •
14 • Principium •
15 • Dolor •
16 • The Proposal •
17 • High •
18 • Dangerous •
19 • Realisation •
20 • Is it a date? •
21 • Terror •
22 • Confessions •
24 • Halycon •
25 • Falling •
27 • Calor •
28 • Hush hush •
29 • Home •
30 • Inked •
31 • Initiis Novis •

23 • Afraid •

116 10 5
By _awizardsway_

 23

Afraid

Rewrite the stars- Zendaya & Zac Efron

Mia's P.O.V.:-

You know the feeling you have when you are on a ferris wheel for very first time. The nervousness on being on such a height, your stomach feeling like its doing somersaults when you look down. But when you let go of your inhibitions and look around the sudden feel of excitment takes over.

The beautiful sky freckled with the stars like small jewels, you are in just awe of it. And the city in the distance jaded with lights while the wind blows gently caressing you, you feel peace. You feel that high, that rush of excitment.

Kissing Aiden, felt like it. That rush, that high it was an absolute euphoria the second our lips touched.

Sliding my hands through his defined back I rested them on his neck as he pulled me closer leaving no space in  between us. It was a simple kiss yet filled with passion, both of us not trying to deepen it. It wasn't that we didn't wanted to because I could feel him holding back but the two people who like each celebrating themselves, that it was real and not a figment of their dream.

His gentle hold on my waist and the delicate caress of my cheek was making my knees wobble, even in his drugged state he was careful not to hurt me. It tugged at my heart, making me smile in the kiss. But the next moment I let out a surprised gasp as he nipped at my bottom lip. Unfortunately the lack of breath made me pull away.

Opening my eyes I was met with a flustered Aiden who was still gazing me in awe, as if he couldn't believe that we kissed. It was a bit awkward, as both of us weren't speaking for a moment.

"That was-" I finally decided to breake the silence.

"Breathtaking" his hand rubbed circles on my shirt claded waist as he slurred through his words.

He went to say something but I could feel him getting more drowsy, as much as I would have liked to talk about it he still had a fever.

"It's okay Aiden, we'll talk later you rest now" he began to protest but I was quick to reprimand him. "I am not hearing any excuses Aiden, go to sleep"that shut him up, "I'll be here only okay, let me know if you need anything" reasurring in a soft voice I watched with confused eyes as he got hold of my hand slowly pressed it against his lips.

 I tried not to blush but I know it was impossible to do when a man like him was looking at me with such adoration reflecting in his eyes.

"Thanks" he lisped while finally succumbing to sleep, but he didn't let go of my hand even in his sleep.

I kept changing his cold water cloth for an hour or something, it was a bit difficult with one hand but I managed after nearly spilling the water over me.

The place was quiet with only the noise of cars coming from outside, but somehow it did very little to assure my restless state.

The kiss kept replaying in my head, the silence making me think whether it meant anything? Moreover will he even remember it? How should I react when he gets up? Should I talk or just ignore it? And if I should run with it or away from it?

All this thoughts were messing my mind, on top of that being in his house, his room, his bed beside him lingering in his space did little to assure me. Instead it reminded me of the man he is, the stature he has, and everything. He was always the one to calm me but today for some reason it was doing the opposite, if anything I felt overwhelmed.

My phone buzzed pulling me out of my inner conflict, looking upto the caller id I was reminded that I didn't inform Em about me being here. Slowly without making any noise I got from the bed, but my hand was still in his hold which he was stubborn enough to let go of it.

After struggling for like 5 minutes, 3 missed calls from Em and almost waking him up I somehow managed to release myself from his hold. 

Taking a lingering glance at him I stepped into his balcony, "He-" even before I could utter a syllable she cut me off.

"Don't Hey me Mia. Are you fucking lost your mind? Where the hell are you? I called at your office, Hannah, Alex, and even Caelum. I went to every place you possibly could be. You didn;t even have the courtesy to inform me. I was almost going to LAPD." she barked through the phone, but her concern and distress was clearly visible too. Man I have some amazing friends.

"What is this Mia, please I was scared. Bitch I was terrified I thought you died or something" her voice broke making me feel guilty then I already was.

"Hey I am not going to die so easily, if I was gone who would fight with you for the last chicken nugget, hmm" her chuckle echoed through the other end.

"I am so sorry, Aiden has fallen sick so I decided to bring him home. And in between all the stress I forgot to inform you. I don't know why the hell, my office didn't tell you anything" I explained the situation to her.

"Oh My, is he okay? Do you need any help?" she questioned.

"Yes he is fine, infact he took his meds and is currently sleeping. Don't worry nothinn I can't handle" I informed her completely skipping the part where we kissed.

"Okay, cool. So I am guessing you are staying there" she stated the obvious, as I strolled in the balcony.

"Yes, don't worry I'll be back by tomorrow morning" I settled myself on the small couch at the end when I heard her gasp.

"You know what I realised, you both are alone in his house. It is an amazing night. There is no one to distrub you" she teased as my jaw dropped.

"Em, he is sick. Are you serious" I deadpanned while she chuckled.

"You never know something might happen" her words were enough to give me a flashback of our kiss making me flustered.

"Get your head out of the gutter." I was quick to disconnect the call before she could say anything.

Walking towards the railing which had an amazing view of L.A., gazing at the city I basked in its presence. I never had the best record when it came to love life, I was a more of career oriented person. It didn't mean that I never had any relationship, I had in fact quite serious too but they always seemed to end in one way or other.

With the failed relationships, I closed myself off in that department. Though Hannah and Em, even Alex tried to set me up I denied. I am still afraid to fall for someone, people might think I am overreacting but being that place I know how much it affected me.

I rolled onto my left as I felt light on my face and covered my face with the duvet, happy that I could enjoy my sleep. Wait what...

I jolted up when my mind realised what had happened, I was sitting in middle of Aiden's bed while the sunlight poured in through the curtains. All the while Aiden was nowhere to be found. 

As much as the thought of sinking in the silk sheets sounded tempting, I quickly left it in search of Aiden.

Knocking on the bathroom door I waited for his response, when I received none I quickly checked his closet and the balcony and when I still didn't see him I left the room in a panic.

Walking through the hallway, I descended the stairs towards the living room.

"Aiden" I called hoping to receive a response, and when I heard one I ran in the direction which happened to be the kitchen. 

And there I was met with Aiden who was cooking while humming to the song that played in the background.

"You crazy idiot, you gave me a heart attack" I yelled while swatting him as he tried to dodge me.

"Whoa, whoa Mia calm down" he tried but I didn't listen.

"Holy shit, ouch ouch" he held his hand which I had landed a blow on, I looked up to him apologetic expression.

"Fuck, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I kept apologising when, suddenly he burst out laughing.

"Oh my God, your face-" he couldn't even complete a sentence without laughing, all the while I looked annoyed.

"You know what, you seem fine without me so I'll leave" I know it was a bitch move, but I am not a morning person and hadn't consumed a sip of coffee, so I didn't care.

And as always I was trapped against the counter as Aiden placed his hands on my either side, while sneakily sliding one around my waist and I could feel the heat creeping spreading across my cheeks as I was suddenly reminded of our yesterday's rendezvous.

"You were saying something" he purred while tucking a hair strand behind my ear, which now I think of was something he did often. His hands on my body were making me breathless as I choked on words.

His gaze heated focused on me while my hands unknowingly rested them against his chest, then suddenly out of nowhere I get bold and slowly slide my hand to his neck all the while his eyes narrowed noticing my moments.

He let out a shuddered breath as I combed through his hair all the while pulling myself up, the whole time he just stood there waiting for me to make a move.

And just as I was about to close the gap when suddenly a burning smell entered my nostrils.

 "Shit" I quickly turned off the gas as a burned pancake with smoke billowing out of the pan.

"Oh that is bad" I crinkled my nose at the burned smell, it was clear that the moment was lost and both us didn't knew how to approach it.

"And I think you had fever, you shouldn't have left the bed" I scolded as Aiden rolled his eyes.

"Relax Mia, I am fine my temperature is also back to normal. I was getting bored" he muttered with a plea in his tone.

"And don't worry I am not going to office, I'll work from home" he quickly replied shutting me from asking any questions.

"Okay, but I have to rush. I am not so priveleged to take a day off, I don't even know what the time is" I tried to move but Aiden handed me a hot cup of coffe instantly making me halt in steps.

"You know very well what will make me stop, didn't you?" I mean I am a coffee addict I would never resist it.

"Yup, and you are having a breakfast too no excuses, besides I don't want to waste my work" I chuckled at his way of making me stay.

"And if you want you could take an off you know right?" he questioned while I took a sip of the coffee for which I had one thought only, damn if I could drink like this coffee everyday.

"No chance, I love my job. And by the way this coffee is amazing" he grinned at me, seemingly happy with my reply.

The next 15 minutes I literally inhaled the pancakes which again were delicious but couldn't relish in its taste as I was getting late all the time Aiden scolded me to eat slowly but his comment fell onto deaf ears.

Quickly leaving his house, I rushed to my home and then to the office, I had luckly not seen Em during my little trip to our house. I finally breathed out a relief as I settled in my chair, but looking at the pile of files resting on my desk I let out a cry of frustration.

The day was going painstakingly slow but I got through it by having 4 cups of coffee and almost yelling at my subordinates.

But on the bright side I was glad Aiden hadn't come to the office, I know we talked normally as if nothing had happened but that is thing bugging me, it was as fine yesterday never happened, are we just going to ignore that.

"Hey there, finally got to see your face" letting out a shriek, I almost dropped my laptop.

"Jeez, Em a warning would be great next time" ignoring Em's look I threw my stuff on the couch, falling on the couch. This feels like heaven.

"Would you ever put your stuff in place" she handed me a glass of water while being irritated by my lack of manners.

"Come on, Em I am tired I'll do it afterwards" she was going to say something but suddenly a figure appeared from the kitchen.

"Hey stranger, long time no see" giving my shocked figure a hug Alex settled besides me.

"Oh now I am a stranger, you were the ones not picking up my calls asshole" hitting him with a cushion he tried to save his cheesecake.

"I missed you idiot" though Alex was the late one in our group we still did share a special bond, he was always the one to give tips when it came to crushes though they sucked.

Besides he was my partner in crime, we were like brother and sister I missed his annoying ass for being away from him.

"Aww, Mia I missed you too. We both are going to take time and go out soon" he promises as suddenly he is hit with a spoon.

"Ouch" we both look at Em in disbelieve. "Ah yes forget about me asshole" she stuffs a piece of cake in her mouth while glaring at us, Alex looks at her smirking.

"Well, won't you be busy with Scott" she squints her eyes.. wait who is Scott. What did I miss?

"Who is Scott? Em you didn't tell me you are going out with someone" my tone is accusing as she rolls her eyes.

"I have not been on even a date Mia. I was bored so I asked Alex to set me up with someone, I mean Hannah has got Augustine, You have Aiden and I am pretty sure Alex is seeing someone so I didn't wanted to be the alone person in the group" she mentions, while we both look wide eyed to each other.

"You are seeing someone" I yelled.

"You are with Aiden, and didn't even thought of telling me. You wound me" he shrieked, a hand on his chest for emphasis.

"HELL NO, I am not" 

"No I am not with Aiden" we both shout at the same time while Em sits their amused.

"She is just trying to set us against each other" I accuse her while she puts on a innocent facade.

"Oh really, then who spend a night at his house" she spills, I take a deep breath as I feel accusing stare of Alex.

"Alex before you say anything, I was with him because he fell sick. Nothing else" he stares at my face to see if I am lying, I tried my hard to keep a passive face.

"You are lying, I just saw your eyebrow twitch" damn it, why can't I lie for a moment.

"I also saw that, now spill what happened" Em abandons her seat at the dining table, choosing to be near to us.

I look at Em she looks at Alex while he looks at me, it was a moment of silence before Alex burst out, "Spit out woman"

"Okay we kissed" their eyes popping out while jaws hanging wide open , it was quite a sight.

"Guys, guys the hell say something" he might me a whole minute before they spoke.

"Holy shit" Alex finally spoke.

"Fuck, damn you better tap that booty" Em continued.

"What, Em. Control your horses it was just a kiss. Besides he doesn't even remember it" from there I explain the whole ordeal to them.

"And you even didn't try to talk about it" Em states annoyed at my behavior.

"Well, there is no point in that he doesn't even remembers, besides I don't want to ruin our friendship" I pout being bummed, the stuff taking a toll on me.

"Dude, he just confessed he liked you and you are gonna ignore it" Em looks at me with disbelieve.

"You are scared, aren't you" Alex deducts, "You are in fear that if you be together it won't work" he continues reading my thoughts.

"Yes, I do like him a lot. But what if we don't work, like my every other relationship what if he falls out of love with me" I lay my inner struggle in front of them.

"What if I am not enough" I whisper at last feeling a punch in the gut as my mind spirals.

"Mia, come here" Alex embraces me, Em takes a hold of my hand.

"Now listen this carefully, I know you hadn't the best when it came to love but you can't let it hinder your present. It is okay to be scared but don't let it control you, no one knows what will happen tomorrow so stop trying to run away from people and your happiness" he pointed out.

"Besides about you being not enough I have seen the way Aiden looks at you. He seemingly happens to forget that he is in a room full of people, he gets all jittery near you, hears you ramble, he truly likes you Mia give it a shot" Em offers in a soft tone.

The whole night I thought over what Alex and Em said, was I ready to be in a relationship my whole goal this year was to focus on my carrier and myself will it hinder the plans. Was I ready for the emotional turmoil it bought with it.

What happens if we don't work out, I don't what to lose him the thought terrifies me. I'll rather have him not being mine, rather than losing him completely.

Aiden had all the traits that I want in a person I would date, infact he was the ideal type but still there were times when we never see eye to eye. I mean we annoy each other a lot, but somewhere that is growing on me.

Was I ready for all the chaos that came with him, the media, the criticism but most all was I ready for him?

But all this thoughts were useless, cause if I wanted my answer I had to talk to the person who had weasled his way in my heart.

And I am going to stop being a coward and talk to him.

 So here I am standing in front of my mirror wearing a tailored grey pinstripe suit with a white shirt pairing it with my nude heels, they were my favorite and today I needed all the confidence I can get.

"You can do this, be a woman" funny how this was same talk I gave myself when I was terrified of facing him, and here am I trying to admit my feelings.

I gather my laptop and handbag while almost forgetting to get my keys, trying to find them who always had the ability to get lost when I needed them. Then again I never bothered to keep them in place.

The doorbell goes as I panic about being late, I search for my keys while ignoring it as I knew Em had keys and was just annoying me, as she usual does.

The bell rings agains letting out a frustated yell I open the door,"You have the- oh its you" my voice pitch gradually goes down as I look at the person.

Decked in a dark blue suit looking dashing as ever stood Aiden who gave me an awkward wave.

"You sound consideringly disappointed, where you expecting someone else" I look at him wide eyed while he tries to keep an passive face trying not to laugh.

"Yes I mean-" I stop in between as his face contours in disbelieve,"No, Yes I mean I thought it was Em, nothing else, Come in" God woman get it together.

"Can I get you water or something" I enquire, I had counted the drive to office to gather myself and seeing him here I was not something I expected.

"No, no I am good. I actually wanted to see you" my expression was nothing else than surprise, but this was probably the time were I should pick the conversation.

"But you were going to see me at the office" my tone playful mostly wanting him to fumble, damn were the confidence came from.

"Yes, but I wanted to meet you in alone without any interruptions" and cue my blush, damn him.

"Okay I wanted to talk to you, uh you probably don't remember this but when you were sick and had taken the meds, you kinda uh-" Shit I am panicking, just rip the damn band aid off.

"You were blabbering, and then uh-" before I could watch myself embarrass more, he spoke.

"I kissed you, I know" it was a moment of silence, while I don't know what the hell to speak.

"I uh remember things even when I am drunk" he continues, I stood there still gaping like a idiot.

"And even if I wanted I could never forget kissing you" wow, smooth King, smooth.

"Also whatever I said was true although I didn't expect myself to put it that way. I mean I think I could have done better" mumbling the last part he watches me.

"Honestly I don't regret it either, just the way I said.Mia please say something before I explode of nervousness." pleading he waits for me to open up.

"Wow that was unexpected" I say mostly to myself, taking a deep breath I finally speak up.

"Aiden I am going straight to the point, I like you I really do but I have never had the best luck when it came to relations also your life sorry to say but it is quite loud and scary, I am not used to it" he patiently hears my thoughts, not once interrupting me.

"If we don't work, I loose you. Somehow you have become an intergal part of my life, and I don't want to loose that part" he gives me a shy smile after hearing that.

"And this might sound stupid but this year I wanted to focus on my career and myself, what if I won't be able to do justice to both. I don't want to fail you." I bare myself to him.

"I want to be with you I really do, but I am terrified too" I complete, he says nothing just walk over to me towering above me. Cupping my cheeks he presses his lips to my temple for a long time, I relish in it feeling all my anxiety fade away.

 We stay like that for a while, but the moment felt surreal, I was calm no jittery feeling nothing just pure warmth slowly surrounding my heart. And that is when I thought I want to keep feeling this warmth.

Pressing his forehead against mine he whispers, "Thanks for being honest with me" caressing my cheeks I wait for him to continue while holding on to his hand.

"I know my life sounds terrifying, and I can't do anything about it. But what can I do is promise every moment of comfort that I can offer to you, you'll never get used to it I never did until you. You were my peace in this chaos and I hope someday I can be yours too" he tries to ease my worries.

"And don't you ever call yourself stupid for thinking about career, I am never going to come between your goals. Yes, it might not be a perfect balance, and yes it may led to some tensions. But Mia, relationship is also about growing together, supporting each other. It is an equal effort to make this as beautiful as one can" slowly he starts to answer all my questions, relaying me off all my worries.

"And I don't want to think about us not working, that is something we both don't know. But I know this that I'll do everything in my power to make us work. Not because I have to but rather I desperately want us to" his unveils his emotions, unlike the usual closed off self..

"Cause Mia, I like the way you make me feel even when you are nowhere me" he finishes, I tearup at his heartful confession, he never denied my fears instead he convinced me to embrace them. To just let go, to just be in the moment and hope for the best.

"So, Mia will you go on a date with me?" he proposes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And cut-

Phew it was a long ass chapter, and wattpad glitched and didn't save it the first time I wrote so I had to write again.

Anyways, please vote and comment.

Happy reading...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 12.5K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...
9.6M 458K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
431K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...
4.1K 72 17
Scarlett is 25 years old. She was trained to be an assassin. After four years of doing to correctly she ended up shot. She almost lost her life. Whe...