Do You Still Love Me? (Sequel)

By Sweeetpotato

Sequel to 'My Bestfriend Loves Me' This is the story of Adam and Adaline three years past that dreadful night. More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue

Chapter 13

731 21 10
By Sweeetpotato

I stood at my front door for a long time contemplating whether I should go inside or not. It had been almost twenty minutes since Adam had stomped off after saying those words to me. 'Yes, I do Addie. I fucking hate to see you with him.' Those words kept ringing in my ears. I had never expected to hear this from his mouth. The fact that he called me Addie after so many years was delightful to hear but at the same time, he told me that he hates to see me with Eric. Doesn't this mean that he still has feelings for me? Why would he say something like that and then march off likes it's not a big deal. I feel so messed right now. I need answers. I want to know what Adam exactly feels but I need to wait. I need to wait until we are alone again and then talk about this.

I sigh before opening the front door and walk inside to see everyone sitting at the hall room and chatting with each other. The sight that astonished me the most was Adam and Eric comfortably sitting next to each other and laughing together. Weren't these boys fighting a few minutes ago? How can they switch to laughing together so soon?

"What took you so long?" Sienna asked me the moment I stepped inside the hall room.

"Nothing. I was just taking in some fresh air," I answered and looked around to search for the only person who could make me a little cheerful right now - Sophie. My eyes started searching for her in the hall room but she was nowhere to be seen hence I made my way into the kitchen.

"Are you looking for someone?" I heard Tessa ask from behind. I turned to see her standing at the door with ice cream cups in her hand.

"Yes, I was actually looking for Sophie," I replied which instantly brought a smile on her face. "I hope you don't mind but she went upstairs to see your room," Tessa said and this time it was me who ended up smiling.

"She's a very cute kid, " I said while helping her by taking some ice cream cups from her hand and throwing it at the bin.

"Yeah, I know. Also, she likes you a lot. I have never seen her get so comfortable with someone so soon."

I laughed after hearing that. I had never imagined that I would end up getting so comfortable around Sophie too. "You know the first time we met at the mall when she was lost, she didn't care about finding her dad instead she wanted ice cream," I told Tessa which made her chuckle.

"Yeah, she loves ice cream a lot," Tessa said and then stood there silently just looking at me with an expression I couldn't really decipher.

"What's wrong?" I inquired because her facial expressions were too difficult for me to interpret.

"I'm sorry," she confessed and looked elsewhere, avoiding to meet my eye.

"For what?"

"Adam shouldn't have intervened in your personal conversation with Eric like that."

"That's okay. We spoke about it and he apologized so everything is fine now," I lied because obviously, I didn't have the courage to tell her the truth.

"That's great then. Thanks for having me here tonight and I think you should head upstairs now, Sophie is probably waiting for you," Tessa said with a soft smile before leaving the kitchen.

I went upstairs and opened the door of my room to find Sophie pleasantly resting on my bed. She looked so adorable that I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I walked up to her and asked, "You like my room kiddo?" She grinned and said, "Princess I love this bed."

I kissed her on the forehead and she blushed lightly. "Does that mean you like my bed more than yours?"

"Yes, it's soooooo soft," she said with a smile and then paused as if she was evaluating something. After a few seconds, she said, "No. Dadda's bed is soft. Then princesses bed and then mumma's bed."

Her words startled me because if what she's saying is true, it implies that Adam and Tessa don't share the same bed. I immediately wanted to ask her about it but then I felt like I should wait for the right time. "So you mean my bed comes at number two?" I asked and she nodded her head and said, "Yes."

"So you have two rooms? One with dadda and one with mamma?" I inquired since I couldn't curb my curiosity anymore. She smiled and said yes but before I could ask her something further, the door opened signalling someone's arrival. "Sophie it's time for you to go home, your mumma is waiting for you downstairs," Eric said while entering the room. Sophie immediately got up smiling, gave me a tight hug and bid us both goodbye before running downstairs leaving Eric and me alone in the room. He awkwardly stood at the door, not saying a word and that's when I decided to apologise to him for our mini fight earlier. "I'm sorry for yelling at you in front of everyone. I shouldn't have done that."

Eric gave me a soft smile and said, "That's okay Williams. I was expecting you would hit me or something but thankfully you didn't."

"But I still hate you for signing that contract," I confessed to him. He raised his eyebrows and asked, "What contact?"

"Are you playing some kind of game with me? Our entire fight was because of that stupid contract and now you are pretending as if you don't know what I'm talking about."

Eric chuckled and said, "There's no contract Williams. I made that up."

"What! Why would you do that?"

"Because I wanted to test your boy."

At this point, I was totally clueless about what Eric was babbling. Why would he create a hypothetical situation which ended up with us fighting? Eric realised I was way too curious to know about his real intentions behind the stupid plan hence without me asking any further questions, he himself admitted the truth.

"Adam still likes you Williams and he wants what's best for you."

"I don't understand what you are trying to say Eric."

He sighed before asking, "What exactly happened three years ago Ad? I can't really help you if you don't tell me the truth."

My heart started beating really fast the moment he said those words. I didn't really have the courage to go over the entire episode of that dreadful night again. Even when I confided in Sienna, it ended up with me bawling my eyes out and that's not something I want to do in front of Eric. But at the same time, he has been so understanding and always gave me my personal space whenever I needed it, so now it's my turn to trust in him and tell him the entire truth. After all, I can't deny that I do need his help to figure this mess out.

***

"This doesn't make any sense you know," Eric announced the moment I finished narrating him the entire event that happened three years ago.

"What doesn't make sense?"

"Adam cheating on you. Honestly, I don't really believe this. It's absurd," he replied which annoyed me a bit. Isn't he supposed to be in my team?

"What do you mean?"

"Ad that guy was so in love with you that he couldn't keep it within himself anymore that's why he proposed to you in front of the entire school. That's not some joke. Trust me that needs a lot of balls."

"I really don't understand where you are going with this."

"What I mean to say is that a few years ago I was in love with my best friend too. So I exactly knew how Adam felt about you. And you have to believe me when I say this, that guy was madly in love with you."

"I don't buy this. If he was so madly in love with me then why would he cheat?"

Eric paused for a second before arguing, "What if he didn't?"

I laughed as soon as I heard his defence. "So you mean to say that Sophie just came out of thin air? You do realise that Sophie is a big enough proof to affirm that Adam did cheat on me?"

Eric sighed with dismay and said, "I don't know Williams. I just don't believe that Adam cheated on you. It seems too unreal."

"This is because you don't want to believe the truth. Eric, even I would wish that Adam didn't cheat on me but we can't rule out the fact that Sophie is the product of that mistake."

"Yeah, maybe you're right. After all, he was your best friend...you know him better than me," he concluded and sat down on my bed totally dejected with our discussion.

"There's something I found out today though," I mumbled after remembering the conversation I had with Sophie earlier.

"What?"

"Adam and Tessa don't sleep in the same bed. They have separate rooms," I told and Eric nearly hopped from the bed after listening to that.

"Yeah, Sophie told me she has two rooms... One with dadda and one with mumma. That means they sleep separately."

Eric was silent for some time and then said, "Why does their relationship sound like some kind of arrangement to me?"

As much as I wanted to disagree with Eric and keep the stand that I made earlier, I couldn't at this point. His argument did make sense. Why would they have separate rooms and why aren't they still married if they are so in love?

"I'm sure there's something more to this than what we are seeing," Eric proclaimed and I couldn't agree more.

"I think so too. What do you think I should do to find the truth then?"

"Nothing. Leave this to me and I'll figure something out," Eric said and hugged me. His warmth made me feel so much at ease. "There's something more I need to tell you," I said.

"Go ahead."

"Adam said he fucking hates to see us together," I said which immediately made him chuckle. "I did doubt that he disliked us dating but now that he has said it himself, it's all the more clear," he admitted and then added, "That boy is definitely hiding something from you and I'm going to help you find the truth."

***

Hey guys, I enjoyed sooooo much while writing this chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading it too :)

Please don't forget to vote and comment down below to let me know your thoughts.

Ps What do you think Eric will do to find out the truth?

Thank you
Love you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 2.5K 68
What are the odds of two strangers from two completely different worlds meeting and falling in love? Will they make it work or cut ties forever?
701 128 17
This is a tale of Adam, a young teenager of 16 years who falls in love for the first time in his life. He experiences love at first sight with Rose...
Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

8.1M 348K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
27K 856 33
Adaline Williams is the most popular girl of Elite School. She is smart, hot, humorous. Basically everything a guy would want in his perfect girl. A...