Mysterious People

By hayleyzzz

(This is just a very short story i wrote in school and i decided it would be a waist not to do something with... More

BEGINNING, MIDDLE, END

10 0 2
By hayleyzzz

I first saw her out front my school, and then again a day later at a park 5 minutes from my house. At first I though it was just a coincidence, that maybe she lived near my house. But over the past two weeks she has constantly been everywhere I am. If I am outside I will always see her walking around, most of the time it's in my direction so I walk faster to get away from her; so far it has worked. My parents tell me its just my imagination but I think she is following me. Every time I see her she always looks the same, she is wearing white runners with blue laces and black jeans with a dark blue hoody that is always covering her face. Her hands are always in her pockets unless she is using them for something, which is very rare.
Right now I'm walking home from school and she is walking right behind me, I'm starting to get a little worried. I can see her out of the corner of my eye, she is getting closer and I am telling myself to stay calm, that I'm imagining things. She started to reach out her hand to try and grab my shoulder. I run as fast as I could down the street, she starts running to so I turn a corner and another and run through the park I jump over the bushes that surround the park and squeeze myself through the hole in a fence I walk past everyday going to school.
After sitting on the floor next to the hole in the fence for what felt like years. I turn around and looked through the hole, I can't see her so I breath a sigh of relief. That was the scariest thing that had ever happened to me, I will have to be more careful next time. As I got to my feet I look at the house in front of me; It is old and dirty, the paint on the house was dry and pealing off, and the roof looks like its one bad weather day away from caving in. I feel like I should get going before the girl comes, but I have never been over this side of the fence before, and this lot is sealed of all around so I want to check it out. I will have to be quick and careful so the roof doesn't cave in with me inside. Walking up to the front of the house I notice that the yard is full of junk, like people have been throwing their rubbish over hear for years. There is weeds the size of a car growing everywhere and most of the windows have been broken and boarded up. I see a letter box so I walkup to it and it is covered in dust so I wipe it with my hand, it has the word Sherlton painted on it, I'm guessing that was the last name of the people who once lived here.

When I finally make it through all the mess I step onto the patio that is slopping to one side with rusty, old wood that has been worn by the sun and the colour has faded; I carefully reach out and place my hand on the doorknob and slowly begin to turn it. There is a loud creek and the door open's, I slowly step into the house, every time I step loud squeaking noises come from the floor underneath my weight. I walk along the hallway that leads away from the front door, there is old family pictures hanging along the wall half of them have fallen off, broken and laying on the floor. There was one picture that was clear enough you could see the people in it, there was a teenage girl with long red hair going down one side in a ponytail, she had a big wide smile on her face. There was also a young boy around my age with short brown hair like mine and he was looking up at the teenage girl, who must have been his sister with a smile that was almost as big as hers. As I continued down the hallway I find more pictures that are in good condition some are of the two kids in the other picture with two adults, and others have a large group of people. Just as I was halfway down the hallway I hear the sound of a door creaking open and I freeze, I didn't think anyone else would be in here, what do I do? I should leave quickly before they see me. Being careful not to make any noise, I slowly make my way back to the front door. I hear the footsteps coming in my direction and I panic and take off, full speed towards the front door not caring if I am quite or not I have to get out of here. Before I could make it to the door I hear a voice call out behind me.
"stop right there, you've been court red handed," I turn around to look at the person behind me. It is an old man, he is bold and has light blue eyes, he is hunched over and he's holding a walking stick. "Kids these days think they can just do what ever they want, well you wont get away with this, breaking and entering is against the law, wait right there I'm calling the cops," the old man turned around, now facing the direction he came from and took a shaky step forward."
"No don't," I said before he could take another step, "I'm sorry I didn't know anyone lived hear i'll leave right now, so please please do not call the cops." He turned back around and looked me up and down, I think he was trying to figure out if I was lying to him or not.
"Fine, but if I see you here again I'm calling the cops, now get out," he grumbled at me. I leave the house, being carful when I close the door and I go back the way I came, out through the hole in the fence, it doesn't look like the girl is anywhere around so I head home. When I get home I don't feel that hungry so I yell a goodnight to my family as I walk to my room and collapse on top of my bed.

I feel much better in the morning, I slept in because it is Saturday. When I eventually get out of bed I do my normal Saturday morning routine, clothes, hair, shoes and then go to the kitchen for some breakfast. I sit down and my mum who heard me coming had prepared a bowl of cereal and placed it in front of me.
"Morning, how was your sleep?" Mum asks.
"Good," I answer as my older brother Daniel joins me at the table.
"You got home latter than usual yesterday, what where you up to?" Mum asks me.
"I was in the empty lot near the park, just looking around," I said taking another mouthful of cereal.
"You know that place is cursed right?" Daniel said through a mouthful of cereal. I look at him.
"What do you mean?" I ask him finishing my bowl of cereal and taking it up to the sink and washing it and leave it on the dish rake.
"Everyone knows that the guy that lives there, Jordan Sherlton he was responsible for his sister's death and he went nuts, moved here ages ago and never leaves that house and he is hundreds of years old." Daniel says.
"How did his sister die?" I ask, he didn't seem like a murmurer to me.
"He ran away from home once and she went looking for him, i think she got hit by a car or something." Daniel finishes his cereal and gets up and leaves his bowl in the sink then walks off to turn on the tv.
"Don't listen to anything your brother says, he just talks nonsense," my mum says to me, "can you go to your grandmothers house and help with the gardening today?"
"Ok, ill leave soon," I say heading of to my room.
"Im leaving for the shoppes in 10 minutes I can drop you off if you want," my mother called out to me as I entered my room. When I get to my grandmothers house I can tell that there is a lot of work to do.

By the time I left my grandmothers house, it was about 1:40, I am half way home when I hear something behind and look back to see the girl that was following me. I panic and start running as fast as I can, I don't know what she wants, and I don't want to know.
"Wait," she calls out, I hear her start to run to, but I don't want to look behind me. I know she is gaining on me and I am panicking, I was never a good runner I can't keep running for much longer she's going to catch me, I have to do something to get away. Without a second thought I quickly turn a corner behind a building and go down a small alleyway, hoping to lose her I hid behind a dumpster. I stay as quite as I can but I am out of breath and I am scared, I can't hear anything but its to soon to tell. It was complete silence for a few more minutes then I hear a sound that gives me goose bumps. I hear someone walking towards the alleyway and then the sound stops for a few short seconds before it continues down the alleyway I am in, I can feel all the blood drain from my face. The steps are agonisingly slow and I am holding on to the dumpster next to me for deer life.
Just as she was about to reach me I close my eyes hoping this is all a nightmare and I can just wake up from the cold reality that is about to happen.
I can hear the walking stop, she has reached me now, my breathing has quickened and I am seconds away from having a hart attack. I can hear her kneel down near me, I am preparing myself to be choked or grabbed and taken away but nothing happens.
"Where is my brother?" I opened my eyes not understanding what she just asked me.
"What?" I look up at her, now that i see her up close her face looks kind of familiar. She looks at me and asked really slowly this time.
"Where is my brother?" She says.
"How am i supposed to know, who's your brother?" I ask, I am more confused now than ever.
"Well if you don't know than why did you run when I first tried to talk to you?" She asked me.
"I thought you were following me." I say back.
"I wasn't following you, why would you think that?" She asks me standing up, "Wait never mind we're getting off track here have you seen my brother or not?"
"Who's your brother?" I ask out of curiosity.
"His name is Jordan Sherlton he has short brown hair kind of like yours with light blue eyes and he is about your age." She describes him but I have never seen anyone like that, then I remember the name.
"I know of a Jordan Sherlton but I don't think he is your brother." I answer her.
"Well show me the way, hurry up," she looked at me expectantly, obviously not listening to what I said. I decide to show her since she wouldn't listen to me, so I showed her the way, We walked out of the alleyway and in the direction of the park.

When we finally get to the house I show her the hole and we both walk through it and then I remember what the old man said about me coming back. Well if I knock its not trespassing so I don't have to worry. We make our way through the mess and walk onto the porch and up to the front door. I knock loud enough so anyone can hear but not hard enough to knock the house down. We hear slow footsteps coming towards the door and ten minutes later a figure opens the door so there is a small crack for people to talk through.
"Jordan?" She called through the gap.
"Yeah, who is it?" A grouchy voice answered back.
"Jordan it's me Sarah, your sister." She said. I don't understand what is going on and it sounds to complicated for me to understand, so I just stand back and watch. "Come on Jordan open the door." The old man opens the door and looks at the girl standing on the front porch.
"Sarah?" The girl takes of her hoody and I cant believe it, the girl from the old picture inside this house is standing there not a day older than she is in the picture. I am so confused, non of this adds up, whats going on?
"Sarah i-it cant be you, y-your supposed to be dead," the man was shaking he looked just as confused and shocked as I did. The girl didn't look one bit confused. She stepped forward and gave the old man a hug.
"So are you," she said, "you've gotten so old to think i was still looking for a little boy, come on brother its time to let go and come with me now." I don't understand a thing she was saying but her brother seemed to.
"I can't its all my fault, your dead because of me," he said crying into Sarah's arms, "I'm sorry."
"Its ok, I forgive you now lets go," sarah said in a soothing voice.
"You really forgive me," he said looking up at her.
"Yes," she answered him,"now come on we have taken up enough of this boys time" she looked at me and smiled but I couldn't bring myself to do anything but just keep watch them.
"Ok," he answered. They hugged each other tight and darkness came over me. I woke up in my bed feeling sore and itchy, my clothes were covered in dirt, I slowly made my way to the kitchen.
"Mum," I called out "what happened to me yesterday?" I sat down at the breakfast table and mum placed a bowl in front of me.
"I was hoping you could tell me dear," my mum answered with a concerned voice, "one of the neighbours found you while he was walking his dog, he found you laying in a junkyard next a big pile of rubble." What that cant be right, that doesn't make any sense the house was standing just yesterday. I get up from the table and walk out the front door, I head in the direction of the park and went through the hole that was in the fence. shore enough the old, dirty house that was once there had been replaced with a giant pile of rubble, I walked over to the last place I remember, Right where Sarah and Jordan had been standing was the picture that I saw inside the house of them two standing next to each other smiling.

(I told you it was a very short story, but all the same i hope you enjoyed reading it, and if your in the mood feedback is always helpful.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 785 44
Short scenarios for your favorite characters! (Well the male characters at least) The characters included are Alastor, Angel Dust, Sir Pentious, Husk...
22.1K 276 51
A WOSO Oneshot book Oneshots of favourite Women's footballers Mainly the Lionesses, Arsenal Women's team,Chelsea Women's team, Man City Women's team...
Fate By v xxxiri v

Short Story

19.3K 1.3K 11
"๐š†๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข ๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š™ ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š–๐šŽ ?" ๐™ฐ ๐Ÿท๐Ÿป ๐šข๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š› ๐š˜๐š•๐š, ๐š…๐š’๐šœ๐š‘๐š—๐šž ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š”๐šŽ๐š ๐šŒ๐š›๐šข๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š. "๐š†...
158K 6.3K 73
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’›Going on. โžฝ๐ŸฉถComing up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...