Our Forever |OS ✔︎|

By murmuringskies-

Not exactly a fairytale, but surely fairytale-ish. It's about them- Manik, Nandini and their forever. Cover b... More

~ Our Forever ~

2.8K 182 201
By murmuringskies-

Oh My Love,
wake me up in
your dreams;
Capture me in your soul,
Closing your eyes.
Kiss me among the
Brightest stars;
I'll lock you in
My heart and paint Love
on our skies.
I'll put stars over you,erasing
the traces of darkness.
Because I love you
Before, Now and ever
And this is our Forever!

The Night seemed beautiful with infinite tiny scattered and yet shinning stars over, erasing the traces of gloom. The two souls who were insanely in love, loved this sight and this was their favourite spot. Being in love is like breathing Magic and Manik and Nandini breathed in magic when each other were around. Their heart felt warm despite the chilly gusts of wind.

"Happy First Anniversary Manik." She wished, smiling the brightest at him.

"Happy one year Anniversary Love." He wished back, passing her a warm smile and they sighed, staring ahead at the stars that were smiling back at them.

| F L A S H B A C K |

"Manik will you marry me?" She asked, eyes twinkling with hope.

"No." He said after a minute with a glint of tears in his eyes, shattering her dreams.

"Nandini you know I can't marry you. Then why?" He asked, being helpless.

"Manik I know. But I want to be Mrs.Nandini Manik Malhotra. I never had a family and now I want to make one."

"Being with me is like staking your life. I've already lost my mother when I was five and now I can't lose you." He explained, cautiously.

"I want you as my manik and not any Mafia's son. Being with you is my heaven Manik." She said, love dripping.

"Why don't you understand? I'm his son, the Mafia's one and only son. Why are you inviting death yourself?" He lost his calm it seemed.

"Because I want to be Home before I die. I want to be in heaven before taking my last breath." She sounded weak, heaving out a tear.

He cupped her cheeks, coming closer and pressed his lips on her eye, blocking the way for tears. Her tears always left the effect of an acid on his heart.

"Nandini the four years I spent with you are the blessings that God has ever showered upon me and I don't want the memories to hurt me or you." He almost fell weak.

"Manik Trust me all I want is you. I will embrace my last breath if you are around."

"My own life has no assurance Nandini and losing you is the death of me. I can't marry you." He bitterly said, breaking her insides.

He walked from there and ran to the brink of a slope, breathing out heavily. He gazed up at the stars to whom he told about her, about the way she changed the whole of him.

"I'm not strong enough to watch her die but am I strong enough to let her go?" He asked them, knowing the answer himself. He could never be strong in facing her death and their separation.

That night, she decided to be selfish and him to be selfless but they were in love and love always mutes your mind, highliting your heart.

5 days. They were away from eachother for five days. All she did was try. Tried to reach him but he didn't let any ways unblocked and all he did was hide. Hid his soul from the possessor. Those five days were like a night without moon casting its light for them and she couldn't do anything but hope. The food she ate had never filled her stomach as it wasn't her stomach that was hungry but her heart. Her eyes longed to get his vision, her hand craved for him to fill the spaces among her fingers. Her ears wanted to listen to his heart beat and her heart cried to be with him and in short all of her needed all of him.

She was  in her garden where the flowers were bloomed as it was Spring. The fragrance reached her nostrils, making her take in the peace they gave. Nature was the only thing that gave her peace before Manik's footprints on her life. The Chirping of birds made her sigh peacefully and she turned on her heels to get inside the house but a pair of hazel orbs held her in place. She was already Home. Her black ocean eyes were deeper and Manik Malhotra knew that not only oceans can drown him but also the pair of black ones she owned.

The feeling when her eyes shined in happiness seeing him, made him feel so blessed like he was the special kid of God. She always made him feel that way. The way he didn't know one could ever feel, the way that no words could ever describe. He took baby steps, reaching her and they stayed, drowning in eachother's eyes.

"Manik" She whispered before her hand feeling his face. A tear left her eye as she remembered those five days without him. He cupped her cheeks, wiping the tears that cascaded down when he touched her. He gently kissed her crown and she closed her eyes, living in the moment. She hugged him tightly, fearing that he might not be true but he was.

"Where did you go Manik? Do you know how much I missed listening to your heartbeat when sleeping? I missed you so much. Never do this again. I was scared that it was the end of us." She cried, grapsing him tightly like a child lost her father in a crowd. He stroked her hairs, knowing that it would calm her down as she loved it when he did that. He pulled back and cupped her cheeks again.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, kissing her tears away.

"I missed you too. I can't stay away from you. I just couldn't. And let me make one thing clear that there is nothing like end for us." He spoke and embraced her.
He realised. He realised that he couldn't stay away from her and that he couldn't hurt her. His heartbeat was her favourite song and her heart could dance on its tune. Minutes passed by with them embracing eachother, relishing the moment.

"Nandini you trust me right?" He asked, breaking the hug.

"More than anything in this world."

He smiled widely and blindfolded her. She didn't protest because she knew her Manik would not let any harm near her.

"Mukti." He called for his best friend who had been with him from childhood and also was a friend of Nandini.
She came in the garden with a gang of three girls. She blinked her eyes to Manik and he kissed Nandini's forehead before whispering 'I'm waiting'.

Nandini failed to fathom what was happening around and her eyes were still blindfolded. The one girl was turning her around and the other was working on her hair, curling them up and straightening some. She did ask Mukti and in return she shuhsed her.

They drew her to the place where she proposed him, their place. When she was made ready, she guessed what was going to happen but yet wasn't sure. She was feeling ecstatic like she could see stars shining with her closed eyes. Manik stood infront of her, unfolding the piece that was covering his love's eyes. She looked at him and was sure what was going to happen-
Their wedding!

"Will you marry me Nandini Murthy? Right here, right now?" He asked, bending on his kness infront of her princess, happily for he knew her answer would be yes.

"Yes! Yes and Yes!" She exclaimed, jumping on him and he grinned like a fool seeing his girl so happy.

Soon they exchanged rings and got married. The ever so beautiful smile didn't leave their face, not even for a second. This was her dream. She couldn't be more happier for she was living her dream.

"Manik I want you to promise me something." She asked, taking his hand in hers.

"I can't give you a promise of Forever Nandini." He said, his smile fading away and she nodded her head negatively.

"You can. Promise me that I'll be the one girl who would make you smile the widest and the girl who you would call 'yours' forever. Promise me that you will love me, forever."
She asked with a tear flowing down but her lips were curled up as she smiled softly.

Wasn't she selfish and selfless all at the same time?

He smiled at her and looked up at the sky as if thanking the god for giving him her.

"I promise! I love you before, now and forever." He went closer and took her lips tenderly in his, sealing the promise. The promise of their forever.

Spring signifies new beginnings and it marked their new beginning as Husband and Wife as well.

—• ✰

She rested her head on his shoulder and their face glimmered on replaying back their moments.

She promised to herself to live in every moment spent with him, not bothering about how the future would turn out. What she wanted was him, was to be with him, was to sleep listening to her love's heart beat and was to be in his arms, forever. He was the happiest to have her and she gave him her everything. She was his spring and he blossomed into a fresh new flower everytime she had been around. To say, their tale was so beautiful but ofcourse not without hurdles and heartbreaks. He was in fear and yet couldn't see her shed a tear. He pushed her away in his fear of losing her but himself could never pull away from her and she never gave up.

"I still remember the day I asked the shooting stars to bless me with you."
He said with a smile playing on his lips.

"And I still remember the day how you introduced me to your stars." She spoke, her eyes smiling.

"You introduced me as 'The brightest Star' of your life and asked them not to be jealous of me." She said, giggling.

"Yeah you know that's true." He smiled, staring at her and she blushed away.

"Thank You Nandini for holding on to us."

"Thank You Manik for every moment."

Passing a beautiful smile to each other, they lied on the bed that Manik had arranged two years ago for he knew they loved to spend more time there. He took her petite frame and made her lie above him and once again, she felt home like everytime with him. His heart beat headed her Home and he wrapped her arms around her and caressed her hairs and that was his way of lullabying her. They slept with contentment filling their hearts.

Love can never be defined and described. The feeling one could feel when in love can be heard by the nature and felt by your love if they love you back.

     —• ✰

"Nandini! Nandini! No No No!" He screamed and she was lying beside their car on the empty street.

"You can't leave me right? Hold on." He shuddered at the sight he had witnessed and his whole world shattered into pieces, his breath was snatched away, his heart was rendered apart. Some goons shot her twice when he went to check his suddenly broke down car, the next morning. He lifted her in his arms, tears flew down, not showing any mercy on his eyes. When he took two steps, he was shot too! His body froze and all he could feel was numbness.

It was a Nightmare right?
Or wasn't it?

But Alas! It was real. If dreams could come true, then nightmares too.

Manik was shot on his leg and his stomach and he stumbled down with her in his arms.

"Ma-anik" She called for him and the pain in her stomach because of the bullets were more but seeing him going through the same made her mad. He fell on the road with her above him.

Pal  do pal
ki hi kyun hai zindagi
Iss  pyar
ko hai sadiyaan kaafi nahi

"See! Th-this is why I warned yo-u." He spoke with eyes heaving out tears.

"Man-ik" She cried out.

"I should not have mar-rried you." He stated, helplessly.

"Ma-manik what are you even sa-y-ing? Ple-ase don't regret us." She said, shaking her head.

Toh khuda se maang loon
Mohalat main ek nayi
Rehna hai bas yahan
Ab door tujhse jaana nahi

"Bec-ause of me you're goi-going through thi-s pain. You are hav-ing the most painful deat-h." He choked. This was his fear, his nightmare, everything that made his heart weep the loudest.

"No! S-see I'm having the mos-t peacefu-l dea-th. I'm in you-r arms Manik." She said with a smile.

Jo tu mera humdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai

She meant those words. True that she was having the most peaceful death. Afterall he was her home and she was right there, in his arms, in solace. Wasn't she selfless? Wasn't her love pure? She wanted everything that would him smile. Doesn't love do that to us?

"Plea-se Manik do-n't regret us. Our mome-nts. I chose this. Reme-mber I never pr-omised to be wi-th y-ou forever but we ar-e toge-ther. Don't you th-ink we are lucky?" And he smiled amdist his tears. He smiled at his girl who melted him by her words. Wasn't he the luckiest to have her? He was.

Teri muskurahatein hain taaqat meri
Mujhko inhi se ummeed mili
Chaahe kare koi sitam ye jahaan
Inme hi hai sadaa hifaazat meri
Zindagani badi khoobsurat hui
Jannat ab aur kya hogi kahin

"How do yo-u love me th-this much?" He asked her, gripping his stomach.

"Just li-ke you don't have any ans-wer when I a-sk you the same, I don't t-oo." She smiled at him brightly with tears and placed her hand on his stomach, their hands soaked in blood.

Jo tu mera humdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai

Wasn't their love the purest? They were selflessly and yet selfishly in love.
Sometimes their stars adored them, the love between his brightest star and her solace's source.

"Is it pai-ning so mu-ch?" He asked, caressing her tummy and she nodded negatively for she knew he would blame himself again. She lifted her head up and kissed his forehead.

"Now you ca-n't p-ush me away in hea-ven." She spoke, resting her head on his heart.

Teri dhadkano se hai zindagi meri
Khwahishein teri ab duaaein meri

"I ne-ver can. In heaven, I'll b-be lov-ing you with-out any fe-fear." He said and kissed her silky locks.

"And we w-ill have our perf-ect family." She said, looking ahead at him with a smile and he nodded his head, letting go of tears.

"I'm so lu-cky to have y-ou forever Manik. Th-this is our forever. I love you." She said with her lips quivering because of the pain in her stomach but her heart felt peace.

"Yes! This i-is our forever Nan-dini. I love you to-o." And she placed her lips on his as if sealing it, again. They couldn't kiss but their forever was sealed, hamesha.

Kitna anokha bandhan hai ye
Teri meri jaan jo ek hui

"When I lo-ok at you someti-mes, I wonder what d-id ever do t-o deserve y-ou." He told her and she gave him a smile before keeping her head on his heart and pressed her lips on it, making him sigh serenely. He held her by her waist and caressed it.

They knew the time had come. Time to leave this world to make a family in heaven. She tangled her hand with his and placed it near her heart. She, yet again was hearing his heart beats and it lullabied her to sleep, forever, with him. He stroked her hairs and kissed them again and time to time.

Lotunga yahaan tere paas main haan
Waada hai mera
mar bhi jaaun kahin

The moments they lived with each other came rushing and they grinned in tears. Their bickerings at the start of their nameless relationship, his jealousy when he found her with any other men and her familiarity towards him, their blooming phase of love, their fights, their love, their kisses, their promises and undoubtedly them were brimmed their hearts.

Jo tu mera humdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai

Life gives us the most beautiful relations but has an evil side called fate that could snatch them within a second but for them, it felt like their love shut the fate off with their forever.

"Just fe-w more min-utes Man-ik. This pa-in will fade awa-y."

And she took her last breath in this world and like she told him, she embraced her last breath as he was around. The next minute was for him to leave. He let out his breath with a smile that showed how content he felt when taking his last breath.

Hmmm.. humdard hai

But they didn't die and they never will; they would be up in the sky with lips curled up, looking at each other. True, he was scared to face her death because he would be left alone, without hearing her giggles and smiles, their cuddles and bickerings, her love but they were going together; hand in hand and the fear was lifted down his shoulders.

Hmmm.. humdard hai

Now they knew they would be for forever; they would be together hamesha and probably would be making 'Their Perfect Family'. Hell or heaven, they would hold on to their love. Their story wasn't a fairytale but it wasn't incomplete. They were no star-crossed lovers and their story wasn't a 'adhuri kahani' and indeed their love was the most beautiful one they treasured for themselves.

Hmmm.. humdard hai

It was spring, yet again and it didn't mark their end. It once again marked their new beginning. They would be amongst their stars but she would be his brightest star.

Hmmm.. humdard hai

And that is how his brightest star and her solace's source lived for forever.

________________________________
Death! It's dreadful and I have no shame to say that I'm scared of it. Not my death ofcourse but my loved ones'. But you can never can unlove them if they are gone too and again, Live in the moment. Present is what we have in our hands so let's paint it with memories and fill it with happiness.

Bear with my pathetic writing skills. I'm no good in expressing feelings in words but I did try. I wanted to write this one, I desired to do it and so it's here before you. Know that I'm grateful to the ones who motivated me to write this and to the people who are regular to my other work 'It was us' !

Cover by my weirdosaurs
Do share your feelings, opinions and your words for love and them and their forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 53K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
796K 18.1K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
917K 56.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...