Raghbat رغبت

By Shiba_Sakeen

Hamdaani Heirs #2 The story of Azaan and Faiqa. Of how they meet, entice, fall in love and decide to spend th... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight

epilogue

16.9K 1K 449
By Shiba_Sakeen

" Veer Bhai, choozie no move"

The four years old twins, Behroz and Zohaib ran towards their Shahveer Bhai, with an unmoving chicken body in their palms.

" Show me" Shahveer looked up from the ground where he was digging a hole with the new, miniature yellow coloured JCB Earth Digger Toy Model that his Nano got for him last week.

Shahveer poked and prodded the belly of a lifeless little chicken and it sure was unmoving. Not so much as unmoving such as dead!

" Roz, it's dead. What did you do to it?" Veer asked the horrified twins.

" Humne kuch nahi kiya Bhai, pakka!" Zohaib said in a small voice. This was their first experience with death and they were shook.

" Qaan chachu got this yesterday right?" Shahveer again asked them.

Furqaan was passing by the market on his way home and saw a man selling a brood of hundreds of colourful little chickens. They were of every colour imaginable, ranging from a bright red to a shocking indigo.

He knew he had to get the kids atleast one each and he got six. So cute were the chickens that even Musa abandoned his studies for a while and played with them. All of their choozey were safe but then the twins brought one of theirs. Dead!

" Bhai, Noodle thanda ho gaya tha" Zohaib told his older cousin.

" Tumhe toh thande noodles pasand hai na? Aur isse choozey ka kya lena dena hai Zoh?" A seven years old Shahveer asked his brothers, confused about their noodles story.

" Bhai! Choozi is Noodle " Behroz shook his head at his brother's dumb enquiry.

How could a yellow choozi be named anything but Noodle? To their little toddler brain it made perfect sense, to Shahveer it didn't!

" Achaa, Noodle ko thand lag rahi thi toh ye ab marr kaise gaya?" Shahveer suspected foul play in this whole scenario. His little brothers are capable of anything. Anything!

" Humne usse Esha'ppi ke doll ka sweater pehnaya tha aur kal raat usse blanket se bhi dhak diya aur box me band kar diya " Behroz recounted to a shocked Shahveer.

" Tumne us box me holes kiye the? Mujhe kyu nahi bataya ye sab!" Shahveer was scandalized now. His brothers had unknowingly killed an innocent little animal all in the name of love and protection!

"You're so silly Bhai. Box me holes karte toh usse aur zyada thand lagti na" Zohaib was exasperated at his seemingly older brother. They should have gone to Moosy Bhai or Bakhtii Bhai or Esha'ppi.

" Usse saans nahi aayi aur uss wajah se wo ab marr gaya hai. Allah Zoh! Laao mujhe do wo" Shahveer urged them to hand over the dead chick to him. The 12 hour old chicken carcass was probably festering infections!

" Roz, ye mitti hatao yaha se" Veer instructed his little brother to clean the hole that he was already digging. Thank Allah for that!

" Hum kya kar rahe hai Bhai?" Zohaib helped Behroz, picking the soil in his little palms and putting it aside.

" Hum isse kabr me dafnaa rahe hai" Shahveer lowered the chooza in the hole and  explained to them.

" Chalo, qalma padho iske liye" Shahveer very seriously instructed.

" Aur iske kabr me ek mutthi mitti bhi daalo" he completed.

The little boys already had their thread knit topi on their head owing to the Quran session with Qaari sahab that ended not even ten minutes ago. They looked absolutely adorable in their black pathani salwar kameez and pristine white topis.

The three boys put a handful of soil in the small grave and went on to recite the qalma for the dead chick. Shahveer covered the grave with more soil and then placed a fallen leaf on it.

Seeing that, Zohaib ran and plucked a small Rose from the bush and placed it along with the leaf. The little boys were crying for the loss of their beloved pet and Shahveer couldn't take their disheartened faces anymore. His little brothers were too dear to him.

" Achaa chalo, tum mera wala choozi lelo" he held their little shoulders.

" Par aapka choozi toh blue hai" Zohaib was bawling his eyes out now as Noodle was his pet.

" Toh uska naam hum Neela Noodle rakh denge, okay?" Shahveer offered an alternative.

" Aur tum mera chocolate bhi lelo. Main Bakhtii Bhai ke saath unka share karlunga"

" Okies" the boys beamed at the mention of chocolates. It was near impossible to get their Shahveer Bhai to part with his chocolates and icecream.

" Chalo, kal subah aakar Noodle ke kabr par paani aur phool daalenge"

Zohaib picked up the JCB while Shahveer held their pudgy hands and the three little boys walked inside to tell their Bakhtii Bhai and Moosy Bhai and Esha'ppi how they held a janaaza for their choozi.

The next day Azaan was lying on the couch in the lounge. He was too exhausted from an out of state, two days conference and didn't have enough energy to even go up to his room. He fell asleep right there without even bothering with his shoes.

The naughty twins who were playing nearby saw their Taya Abbu sleeping like a log. They had missed him and went to greet him.

Azaan was poked and prodded from all the sides. Zohaib sat on his chest but he didn't even move a muscle and that made Behroz shriek.

Was their Taya Abbu dead? Like Noodle?

They were shocked but now they knew how to conduct a funeral! The naughty duo immediately ran out to the garden and started digging a hole. It would need to be a big hole seeing as their Taya Abbu was big, but they got out Veer Bhai's JCB.

They ran inside and started trying to pull their Abbu's body and just as luck would have it, Furqaan came home that instant and saw his babies doing what they were doing.

" Zoh, Roz kya kar rahe ho?" He asked them earnestly.

" Baba, Abbu dead. Hum unhe kabr me dafnaa rahe hai. Chalein, aap bhi qalma padhein" Behroz instructed his surprised father.

" Kya?" He still was reeling from the shock that his sons gave him.

" Haa Baba, kal Noodle bhi aise hi soya hua tha aur Veer Bhai ne kaha wo marr gaya hai. Humne usse bhi kabr me hi dafnaaya tha" Zohaib explained while still pulling his Abbu's arms.

Furqaan finally understood and then guffawed. His sons were hilarious!
He quickly shook a disoriented Azaan Bhai up, lest his sons actually bury him.

He then went onto explain the entire fiasco to his clueless, sleepy brother and that earned the little monsters a belly tickle from the two adults. 

" Bhai, maine kaha tha na, mere bachey aapse zarur badla lengey!" Furqaan picked up his sons and cuddled them. They were absolutely adorable.

Life in the Haweli was eventful to say the least!

" Esha, baby why do you always get into fights? And cricket bat, Really? Usse chot lag jaati toh?" A worried Faiqa cleaned up her wounds and asked a disheveled Eshal, her army of brothers standing behind her like a wall.

" Ammi, aap uss Safina ki Mama se keh dein ki usse tameez sikhayein. Jab dekho tab Bakhtii ya Moosy Bhai ke aagey peechey ghoomti rehti hai" a fourteen years old Eshal answered her tayi ammi.

" Haa Mama, Esha'ppi theek keh rahi hai. Wo mujhse bhi kehti hai ki main uski izzat kiya karoon kyunki wo meri Bhabhi banne wali hai" an eleven years old Shahveer cringed at the shameless girl.

" Ye kya badtameezi hai!" A shocked Faiqa, Duaa and Aamaal exclaimed.

" Isse acha hai Bakhtii Bhai aur Moosy Bhai hamesha kuwarein hi rahein. Uss bandariya se Shaadi karne se bach toh jayege" eight year olds Behroz and Zohaib snickered.

" Zoh, Roz buri baat hai bachey" Duaa pulled them to her and gently reprimanded them.

" Par Badi Ammi, she's so annoying! Hamesha hum par hukum chalati hai" Zohaib complained.

" Appi ne toh aaj uska sar hi tod dena chahiye tha" Behroz said angrily.

" Kyu baby?" Faiqa asked a seething Eshal.

" Mama, ussne aaj sab ke saamne kaha ki appi se koi Shaadi nahi karega kyunki wo ladkon jaisi hai aur jab wo Moosy Bhai se Shaadi karke humare ghar aajayegi toh sabse pehle appi ko yaha se nikaal degi" Shahveer recounted the events of the day.

" Allah! How can a fourteen years old be so vicious?" Duaa was shook at the behavior exhibited by the vile girl.

" Aur Mama, ussne kaha ki Esha'ppi phir Badi Ammi jaise yateem ho jayegi aur phir wo apne friends ke saath appi par hasne lagi" little Behroz told Aamaal earning a shocked outrage from everyone.

" Mama yateem kya hota hai?" Zohaib asked his mother.

" Jiske ammi abbu nahi hote hai unhe yateem kehte hai" Aamaal answered her son reluctantly. She didn't want to but her sons were old enough to understand certain concepts now.

All this time Duaa had turned mute, her soul was shook. Never had she ever imagined that her status as an orphan would be a source of grief and mockery for her children.

" Mama, rou nahi. Maine usse dhakka maara aur cricket bat se bhi" Eshal wiped the few tears that leaked out of Duaa's eyes and said proudly at having defended her mother's honour.

" Kids these days are very spoiled and entitled. Aur ye baatein uske ghar me hoti hogi tabhi..." Faiqa was consoling a devastated Duaa.

" Ammi, humne usse kaha ki Dadajaan aur Daadijaan toh aapke Mama Baba hai. Bade Abbu bhi yahi kehte hai" Behroz climbed in his Ammi's lap and held her face, wiping her tears. That earned him a warm smile from her.

" Haa Mama, I hit her head too. Ab wo kabhi hume pareshaan nahi karegi" Eshal was satisfied at having beaten that stupid girl up.

" Mera bahadur Beta" Faiqa kissed Eshal's head and Duaa pulled her in a hug.

" Aur main aaj hi uske parents se baat karti hoon. Ye kaisi tarbiyat de rahein hai wo apni aulaad ko! " Faiqa shook her head in disappointment.

" Appi main halwa bana doon aapke liye?" Aamaal rubbed Duaa's arms and asked her.

" Mujhe bhi!" A chorus of small voices echoed in the lounge making Duaa burst out into laughter.

All was right with the world again.

It was yet a few years down the line and Faiqa was talking on the phone with her Mama, busy picking up the dirty clothes off of Shahveer's room floor. Her teenage son was extremely lazy and also unpleasantly unhygienic!

" Mama, your grandson is worse than animals. Kutta bhi apni baithne ki jagah saaf karta hai aur phir ek hai humare chotey nawabzaade! " Faiqa grumbled at the mess her younger son creates.

He was the polar opposite of her first born, just like she wanted but you should be careful what you wish for. His room was worse than a pigsty!

" Ha koi bhola nahi hai aapka pyara Veer. Din bhar mere sar me dard karta hai bas" she replied when her mother said that her grandson is not that bad.

" Bhola toh mera Bakhtii hai. Kaisi gaien hai mera Chanda. Allah! Kya hoga uska?"  Faiqa sighed and sat down on the bed, folding the fresh laundry.

" Nahi Mama, wo chotey hai abhi, Qiraat 18 ki ho jaaye phir main Rumaisa Khala se baat karti hoon" Faiqa rebuked her mother's suggestion of getting her older son married.

Bakhtiyaar was just 18 himself and barely out of school. And her bahu was only 10!

She loved the girl enough to not ruin her life by getting her married so soon.

Marriage can wait, childhood cannot!

" Esha bhi 18 ki hi hai Mama. Wo Bakhtii se sirf teen mahine badi hai. Kyu kya hua?" Faiqa was now neatly arranging her son's wardrobe.

" Ye kaunse Khan hai Mama?" Faiqa stopped midway in hanging up the ironed shirts.

" Achaa, unki Phupho ne Esha ko  Rahima ki mehendi par dekha tha?" Faiqa sat down on the chair, the wooden hangers still in her hands.

Her mother was telling her about a potential rishta for Eshal. Apparently Shaheena Khan has only one brother Huzaifa Khan.
Huzaifa Khan has three children, the eldest son Hammad, second one Hadi and the youngest one is a girl named Hania.
They're interested in asking for Eshal's hand for their first born Hammad.
Shaheena was a good friend of her Mama's and had approached her for Esha.

" Jee Mama, main line par hoon. I was just shocked to hear that for my baby. My little princess is so big now" Faiqa sniffed at the prospect of Eshal leaving them.

Her little girl has grown up so soon!

" I'll talk with Appi after you and we'll let you know" Faiqa got up and hung the shirts, closed the door and locked the wardrobe.

She stood back and admired her hardwork. Her son's room finally resembled a human's dwelling rather than a kachra kundi!
She sighed the next minute because she knew that it would go back to it's previous station of being dirty as soon as her son gets home!

Faiqa suddenly remembered that she had more pressing matters at hand than maintaining the sanitation of her offspring's abode. Her little baby girl was about to be hitched!

She informed Duaa and Rayyan about what her Mama told her. Rayyan didn't have any previous contact with the Khans but Azaan did.

Azaan had collaborated on a business deal with Huzaifa Khan a few years back and he had then seen a tall,  lanky good-looking intern with him.

The guy was working like a machine and had answers for both the silliest and the most difficult questions alike. He served everyone coffee, distributed the catalogues and even took the minutes of the meeting. Azaan had seen him clean up the conference room post the meeting and even rearrange the entire technical setup.

Huzaifa later on introduced him as his eldest son Hammad! Azaan had never been so impressed by anyone than he was with the young man then.

Such humility, dedication, work ethic and intelligence was a rare combination. And he did what the support staff is equipped to do, without a single complain despite being the owner's son!

Azaan said that if their princess marries then there would be no one suited better for her than Hammad. The boy was a rare find and the only one perfect enough for their little girl.

Rayyan always held Azaan's opinion in reverence and they invited them over for a casual lunch. The family was floored by the Khans and even more so by Hammad. He was everything that Azaan had described him as and he had filled out perfectly well.

Hammad Khan was a sharp business man with an excellent character report and on top of that he was so handsome that he could give all the models a run for their money.

Hammad and Eshal were married four months later.

Post the wedding they were all sitting in the lounge and Eshal and Hammad's photo album was passed around. They had just received their copy from the studio.

Faiqa couldn't control her tears at seeing her baby looking so innocent and beautiful in her Shaadi Ka Jora!

It was just yesterday that her Appi had laid the little girl in her arms by the door and now she wasn't here to create a ruckus with her brothers!

Faiqa sniffed even louder now.

" Fai, it's okay babe. Hum milne jayege Esha se. Wo bhi aajaya karege yaha" Azaan consoled his cry baby wife.

He didn't have to worry about anyone seeing them because Aamaal and Duaa were in a similar condition and his brothers were consoling their wives. Eshal was everyone's heart and they missed her like they're missing their next breath.

The boys were none the better. Musa and Bakhtiyaar were both sporting a brave face but only they knew how they were keeping it together.

Shahveer and the twins were a different case. They were bawling their eyes out. Their Esha'ppi is their soul and they couldn't function without her.

But that's just what life is. Girls have to leave their families to create their own.

" Fai baby please stop crying. I am not strong enough to withstand your tears" Azaan wiped her wet face and pulled her in his chest.

" I'll take you out for pizza!" Azaan whispered in her ears lest their boys hear it and want to tag along.

As much as he loves his boys he wants to spend some time alone with his wife too. She is the sole owner of his heart.

" First the Mall and then Pizza?" Faiqa asked her husband with a childlike innocence in her eyes.

" Anything you want. I'll do anything for you" Azaan tucked a strand of hair behind her ears and she smiled fondly at him.

It's been nineteen years since he first laid eyes on this beauty of his and he's not in any danger of ever falling out of love with her. He never thought that he could love a person so much but his wife has proven him wrong.

Everyday he loves her a little bit more and a little bit fiercer than he did yesterday. And he would forever try to win her heart.

This feisty, violent, juttiya attacker, kind hearted, magnanimous woman in his arms, is his whole life.

She is his wife and just like she had once asked him, she has the most beautiful name ever!

She is Faiqa Azaan Hamdaani!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 16.6K 27
A short story by a rookie writer.Please give it a try though Love is a combination of respect, friendship, understanding, communication and companion...
260K 9.1K 17
Is it not love when the two made for one another find solace in each others' eyes? When they don't hurt but rather experience joy together? When they...
388K 21.5K 20
The fates of all the royalties. A Dehwaar and Gashkori Saga. #1 Nawaab- The story of Nawaab Jahaangir Ali Dehwaar and Zartaaj Jahaangir. How they are...
61.1K 2.6K 11
Huda×Hamza Huda's life was destroyed just because of her parent's fault. She went through a lot without complaining but now she felt like giving up H...