The Gate of E.N.D.

By AbbyLe_

When a tragic accident strikes Fairy Tail, Lucy finds herself with a new key. But this key is more powerful a... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: Fighting the Monster
Chapter 3: Taking Natsu Back Home
Chapter 4: Lucy and Gray
Chapter 5: The Details
Chapter 6: The Funeral
Chapter 7: E.N.D.
Chapter 8: An Explanation
Chapter 9: A Plan
Chapter 10: The Mistake
Chapter 11: Setting Off
Chapter 12: Flying to Hargeon
Chapter 13: The Boat
Chapter 14: Caracole Island
Chapter 15: Infiltrating the Enemy
Chapter 16: The Alvarez Empire
Chapter 17: Carla and Happy
Chapter 18: The Prison
Chapter 19: Carla's Journey
Chapter 20: Hiding Out
Chapter 21: Meeting Jellal
Chapter 22: E.N.D.'s Rampage
Chapter 23: Zeref's Plan
Chapter 24: The Unwanted Date
Chapter 25: Captured Again
Chapter 26: Back in the Empire
Chapter 27: Fairy Tail Prepares for War
Chapter 28: A Sense of Urgency
Chapter 29: Getting into the Palace
Chapter 30: Sorano's Help
Chapter 31: The Brandish Squad
Chapter 32: Arriving at Fairy Tail
Chapter 33: Gray v.s. Invel
Chapter 34: Lucy v.s. Dimaria
Chapter 35: Team Natsu v.s. Irene
Chapter 36: August
Epilogue

Chapter 37: The E.N.D.

753 10 2
By AbbyLe_

"Where is he?" Jellal mumbled as they ran across the town.

"There!" Wendy shouted as she pointed to a large stain of red on the ground.

"Is that...blood?" Lucy gulped.

"That has to be that Larcade guy." Erza mused as she saw the dead man facedown in the pool of blood.

"How could he kill his own teammate?!" Gray hissed in rage.

"Be on your guard." Jellal warned as they landed. "Zeref is probably nearby."

"I thought you might show up." Zeref smiled as he appeared in front of them. A dark aura surrounded him.

"His magic power..." Carla's hands shook in fear.

"It's incredible. My legs won't stop shaking." Happy said, terrified.

Erza trembled in Zeref's presence. "Turn Natsu back."

"Getting straight to the point are we?" He sighed. "I'm quite impressed you were able to take down all of the 12."

"You're gonna pay." Gray shook with rage. "You killed my friends!"

"And you killed much more of mine in exchange. I think it's time to even the odds." He stood in the Law stance. 

"NO! Wait! You'll kill us!" Lucy yelled. "I can kill you. If you'll turn Natsu back, I'll kill you. My Star Dress let's me have some of Natsu's magic, so I can use it to end your life."

He frowned. "If he's turned back to human, you won't be able to use your Star Dress. It doesn't work. Besides, you're too weak! Death Orb!"

She jumped out of the way, panting heavily. "Then we'll do it at the same time! Please, let's at least try."

"Foolish child, it's not gonna be that simple." Carla scolded. 

"Listen to the cat. She's right. Besides, I'd rather watch you all die than help Natsu. Law." Zeref cast. The bright light emerged from his hands.

"No!" Happy yelled as tears streamed down his face.

"He's gonna kill us!" Gray shouted. "We're too weak to survive that!"

"I don't wanna die!" Wendy whimpered to herself.

 "LEND ME YOUR POWER!" Lucy yelled. "Join hands! NOW!"

"What are you going to do?" Erza asked worriedly as she grabbed Wendy and Gray's hands.

"FAIRY SPHERE! ACTIVATE!" Lucy commanded. The others watched in awe as the glowing sphere surrounded them. It protected them from Zeref, but only for a bit. She collapsed on the ground, exhausted. "I'm sorry, you guys. I failed."

"No you didn't. You saved us. We would've died if you hadn't done that." Jellal said reassuringly.

Lucy's eyes filled with tears. "Oh no, I didn't protect the guild..."

"I'm sure they're ok. They're probably just heavily damaged." Erza laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Some might be dead." Carla muttered.

"How did you do that?!" Gray asked Lucy in amazement.

"Master Mavis wrote the spell down and then helped me learn it." Lucy explained. "I'm glad it came in handy."

"ZEREF!" Natsu roared as he emerged from the spirit world.

"No, Natsu!" Lucy shrieked. 

"YOU KILLED THEM! YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" He leaped at Zeref, blasting him with his magic.

"What?! The guild?" Wendy asked in horror. "Surely they can't all be dead..."

"Our guild..." Erza's fists tightened and tears ran down her face. "HOW DARE YOU HURT FAIRY TAIL!" She grabbed a sword and rushed at him.

Jellal held her back. "No!"

"I have to avenge them!" She screamed.

"I know, but you'll die if you try to fight him. We can't lose you, Erza."

She struggled for a while, punching and kicking Jellal. He endured all of her anger and grief at losing their guildmates. She berated him for a while before reluctantly relaxing. 

"Do it! Kill me Natsu!" Zeref cackled as the demon landed punch after punch on him.

"Turn Natsu back!" Happy demanded.

"If you can kill me, I will."

Lucy grabbed Natsu's key. "Star Dress: E.N.D. Form!"

"NO!" Gray screamed.

"LUCY!" Happy shouted.

Natsu turned as he saw Lucy. He growled at her and attacked her. He punched her in the face. She sliced his stomach. They matched each other in hand-to-hand combat. Zeref laughed maniacally as they both roared fire at each other. The collision caused a powerful wave of heat that burned them all.

Erza watched the demons clash. Massive explosions blasted them all back. "Can we do anything?"

"I don't think so." Jellal muttered.

"We need to get out of here before we all die!" Carla picked up Wendy.

"No! You're gonna miss the show!" Zeref smirked as he immobilized them. 

"Damn it!" Erza spat as she fell to the ground, unable to move.

"Now we're definitely gonna die." Happy whimpered.

"NATSU! LUCY!" Gray shouted. "KILL ZEREF! FOCUS ON ZEREF!" They both turned to him and then looked at Zeref.

"Are they listening?" Wendy asked.

"I'm not sure." Carla frowned.

The demons dove at Zeref and attacked with all their might. Zeref cackled with glee. "What a challenge! Repent!" Darkness and fire spread across the land, burning the others. "Too bad Acnologia won't be joining the fight, but you two will suffice."

Jellal sensed Zeref's immobilization spell break as he was hit hard by the two demons. "Let's go!" He picked up Erza and ran.

"Put me down!" She demanded.

"You're injured. Just let me do this."

"But I don't wanna leave them!" Happy cried.

Gray grabbed the Exceed. "We'll watch from the distance. It's too dangerous for us to stay."

"Natsu! Come back home!" He tearfully cried as Gray dragged him away.

Zeref cackled as he struck at the two demons. He sliced Lucy's abdomen and Natsu's face. Blood trickled down their wounds.

Lucy groaned as she flickered back to normal. It took everything she had to stay in the Star Dress. "No! Must kill him! Natsu must live!" She balled her fist. "I have to make this one count! NATSU!" She let out a battle cry as she focused all of her magic into her fist. Natsu did the same. They yelled as they hit Zeref with all of their might. His face froze in shock. A massive explosion rocked the kingdom, sending fire and debris everywhere.

"No, no, no, no!" Wendy shrieked as they were hit. 

Carla threw herself on top of Wendy. "Watch out!"

"Erza!" Jellal shouted as he shielded her.

"Did they get him?" Gray asked uncertainly as they watched as the area erupted in smoke. The air was so hot, the ground was melting. He used his ice magic to cool down everyone.

"Only one way to find out." Erza said as she ran towards the aftermath. "Natsu! Lucy!"

"Can you hear us?" Happy shouted.

"Ow..." Wendy held her broken arm. "This burns!"

"My leg..." Carla groaned.

"My back." Jellal looked at his bare burnt back in surprise. 

"You shouldn't have protected me." Erza's eyebrows furrowed. "But thank you, for doing it." He smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek, causing a blush to creep up her face.

"I smell them!" Wendy exclaimed as Carla carried her through the air.

"There they are!" Gray yelled as he approached the two beat up Mages.

"They got him..." Jellal said in shock as he stared at Zeref's disappearing body. "How is that possible?! Nothing can kill him!"

"I guess they can." Erza mumbled.

"After all of this time and effort, I'm finally dying. I never thought it work." Zeref smiled and closed his eyes as he left the world. "Goodbye, Natsu, Mavis."

"Natsu!" Happy flew into his chest.

"Hey, buddy." Natsu rubbed his head. "Hey guys."

"You did it!" Wendy cheered. "You're human!" She laughed with tears in her eyes.

"My head hurts so bad..." Lucy groaned as she sat up. She had turned back human after she ran out of magic power. "And my clothes are ruined!" She gasped as she clutched her stomach wound. Wendy hurried to try to heal her.

"You're alive." Erza smiled. "That's all that matters."

"Aye!" Happy grinned.

"Yeah, but I'm completely depleted. I used way too much magic power." Lucy closed her eyes.

"Wait, what's wrong with my arm?" Natsu held up his arm for the others to see. It was slowly becoming translucent.

"No..." Lucy covered her face in horror.

"What?" He looked at her worriedly.

She hugged him tightly. "You're starting to disappear too!"

"What?! But you defeated him..." Erza trailed off.

"Zeref died, so Natsu's gonna die..." Wendy's eyes filled with tears. "I don't wanna lose you again!"

"DAMN IT!" Gray punched the ground. "He didn't turn you back! BASTARD!"

"DAMN YOU ZEREF!" Erza screamed.

"No..." Natsu cried. "I'm sorry guys. You did all of this for nothing." He covered his face. "We lost so many...for nothing."

"Natsu..." Lucy wept. "I'm sorry we failed. We weren't able to turn you human."

He stroked her face. "It's not your fault. You tried your best."

"And it wasn't good enough." She hugged him tightly, sobs wracking her body. "I don't want you to leave me again!"

"I don't want to leave either." He choked out as tears ran down his face. "But we'll meet again, when it's your time. I'll be waiting for you, with everyone else."

"Why can't I just go with you now?" She asked tearfully.

"You still have a life to live, Luce. I'm not worth you dying early."

"But I love you!"

"I love you, too. That's why I'm not letting you come with me." He cried softly as his body started to fade quicker. He gripped onto Lucy even tighter, not wanting to let go of the most precious thing in his life. 

Erza choked on her tears. "No...Natsu..." Jellal held her hand in silence.

Lucy was horror-struck as she saw his body become completely translucent. "No, Natsu...don't leave me!" She shrieked. 

Gray grimaced as he watched his friend die. "Natsu..."

Natsu kissed her hard before letting her go. "Goodbye, my beautiful, brave Lucy. Remember that I'll always love you." He looked at his guildmates tearfully. "I am so sorry, all of you. Erza, Gray, Wendy, Carla, Jellal, Happy. Thank you for everything you've done. I'm so sorry this didn't turn out the way we had hoped. I hope you can forgive me. I will never forget you or our memories. Ever."

"We won't forget you either!" Happy sobbed as he clutched Natsu's scarf.

"Natsu!" Wendy cried.

"Don't go!" Erza and Gray wailed.

"Happy, keep that safe for me, okay?" He gestured to the scarf.

"Aye sir!" He gave Natsu a tearful salute.

"No!" Wendy collapsed on her knees. "Big brother!"

"YOU CAN'T DIE AGAIN!" Erza shouted.

"Natsu!" Gray looked at his best friend tearfully. "I'm sorry!"

"Guys..." Natsu sobbed hard as he grabbed his chest. His heart broke as he saw his friends in pain. He looked at Lucy, who was trembling on the ground, tears streaming down her face. "Lucy...I love you..."

"I love you too...and I'll never forget you." Lucy grabbed Natsu's hand as his body started to rise in the air. He gave her and the others a final toothy grin, streaked with tears, as he completely disappeared. 

Lucy was in shock for a few minutes, before grief hit her. 

The others sobbed as their teammate left the earth. "NATSU!"

Wendy screamed, absolutely heartbroken. Carla's eyes filled with tears hearing her agonizing screams. Gray pounded his fists into the ground. Erza sobbed openly, Jellal gripping her hand. Happy clutched Natsu's scarf and wailed. Lucy shook, her eyes filled with tears.

"Natsu..." She curled up on the ground and cried as her heart shattered. "I'm so, so sorry..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

972 24 10
"He was injured severely, but we're confident he'll recover," The doctor told her and she let out a sigh of relief. Her precious Gray would be alrigh...
182K 4.5K 19
The S-class wizards trials are about to begin yet again. This time...a far worse path lies ahead of Natsu and Lucy. Natsu has been blinded for years...
40.3K 1.5K 43
Fairy Tail has been hitting a lot of bumps in the road through out the year, and things seem to be finally calming down. Until Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Juv...
235 26 13
The final story for this arch. I really liked writing them. Natsu and Lucy are taken and must fight their way out of their situation. MA! rating for...