Elisabeth Snape & the Golden...

By Eggnawg

Good grammar, spaces between paragraphs, characters not being ruined, not word-for-word HP with slight change... More

Before We Begin
1 | 2 | The Potter-Malfoy Squabble
1 | 3 | Aren't WE In The Dungeons?
1 | 4 | Happy Holidays
1 | 5 | Reckless Gryffindorks
1 | 6 | These Brawls Make Me Sick
1 | 7 | End of the Year Shenanigans
1 | 8 | Dumbledore took our House Cup
Year 2 | 9 | Nimbus 2000 and Nimbus 2001
2 | 10 | Slytherdor Beef
2 | 11 | Mrs. Norris K.O.'d
2 | 12 | Jelly Limbs
2 | 13 | He's Dating Who?!
2 | 14 | That's a Lot to Take In
2 | 15 | Knight in Shining Armor
Year 3 | 16 | Prison Break
3 | 17 | First Hogsmeade Trip
3 | 18 | We Can't be Friends
3 | 19 | Rumors and Cat Fights
3 | 20 | I Forgot to Say How Good You Look
3 | 21 | Wolfsbane User
3 | 22 | More Like Thwomping Willow
3 | 23 | Full Moon and Everyone's Against My Dad (Even Me)
Year 4 | 24 | Dark Start
4 | 25 | I Literally Did Nothing to You, Kinda
4 | 26 | Triwizard or Quadwizard
4 | 27 | First Task + Phew
4 | 28 | Yuling Time
4 | 29 | I Need a DATE!!
4 | 30 | Weird Way to Ask Me to the Ball
4 | 31 | That Looks Expensive
4 | 32 | So Now You Keep Secrets
4 | 33 | Just Hold Your Breath for an Hour
4 | 34 | You Saved Me
4 | 35 | I've Been Summoning You this Whole Time?
4 | 36 | Beach Episode
4 | 37 | End of a Tournament
4 | 38 | Choose a Side
Year 5 | 39 | The Order
5 | 40 | You Clean Up Nice
5 | 41 | Teacher's Pet
5 | 42 | Lisa's Army
5 | 43 | Who's in Control?
5 | 44 | This is the Chapter You're Looking For

Year 1 | 1 | I Met The Chosen One

371 9 0
By Eggnawg

"...brilliant green eyes..."

"Dad, wait up!" Lisa called, struggling to bring down all of her luggage.

Severus's gaze swept over hers like a protective hawk and he muttered something incoherent under his breath, perhaps about how exasperating she was. "Elisabeth, you're staying for ten months; you aren't moving in."

Lisa shook her head at him. Surely he knew what it was like to be going to Hogwarts for the first time. "Over-packing is better than under-packing." When Severus grabbed the heaviest bag for her, she decided against protesting. Her mother always taught her not to speak back or question her parents, especially over something silly.

"Come, Elisabeth." When the little girl exited the manor, Severus took one last look before locking it up and leading her straight to King's Cross.

~ * ~ *

"It's not a real wall, is it?" Lisa wondered, gazing at the brick wall sitting in front of her and her father. Severus sighed and Lisa took it as a warning to not get on his nerves.

"Just run straight through," he instructed, but the girl tugged on his cloak sleeve.

"Can you run with me?"

He grabbed onto her cart with no hesitation. "Close your eyes, Elisabeth, it'll be much easier..."

Before Lisa could count to three, she was running into the wall that looked too real to run through, but there was no crash. When she opened her eyes, she was on a completely different station with the Hogwarts Express already waiting. "I will see you at Hogwarts." Severus, as a sign of affection, laid a spindly hand on his daughter's small back. She wrapped his torso in a hug and Severus pulled back before they could catch any lingering eyes. "Do try to behave yourself."

"I will," Lisa promised, starting for the train. "I love you!"

The inside of the train was chaotic, but welcoming. There were sparks flying against the walls and students running around to find good compartments, and almost immediately Lisa was bombarded by a set of twins setting some short guy's head on fire. She ducked, avoiding the flames spewing from the twins' wands, and hoped she would never become their victim.

She was about to get crushed by a set of Hufflepuff's when a blonde female with extravagant nails pulled her out of the way. "Come on, Lisa, we saved you a seat!"

"Daphne!" Lisa smiled at her best friend, who smirked back.

"I was beginning to think you couldn't make it past the brick wall," she teased and led Lisa to a set of cushioned seats. "Anyways, I believe everyone is here," she said, and Lisa waved to the group of mostly boys.

Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Blaise Zabini- "Blaise did you get those Spanish magazines?" Daphne asked- and Theodore Nott- oh, and of course Draco Malfoy.

"It's definitely been a while," Draco comments. Smirking, he adds, "You're still as short as I remember."

"The last I saw you was when you were crying to Missus Malfoy," Lisa said boldly, how she knew her father would approve. After all, he was so proud after she stood up to Malfoy, but pretended to be sorry and serene to Missus Malfoy... Well, he remained emotionless for the both of them, but Lisa could always read her father.

Draco stuck his tongue out, but Lisa knew he had forgiven her.

"Hey, guys, sorry I'm late." Lisa looked up to see a shorter girl with chocolate brown, choppy hair sit beside Draco. Daphne's expression turned sour, but Lisa had never met the girl.

"I forgot about you, Pansy." She glanced out the window, and Lisa had the strangest feeling that she didn't have very good feelings towards Pansy.

"Lighten up Daphne!" Draco mumbled and continued. "Lisa, with you being Snape's daughter and me being his godson, you think he'll give up the homework?"

Lisa smirked, knowing the answer is absolutely not and apparently Draco knew as well. The homework might still be the same, but there's no one Severus loves more than his own. Pansy cleared her throat, effectively ruining the moment. "Lisa?"

"I'm Lisa," she answered politely. "Well, Elisabeth, actually." She really only wanted close friends to call her Lisa.

"Pansy," the girl smiled and held her hand out for Lisa to shake, who did with a reluctant look. "I've heard about you from Draco."

"I have not really heard about you," Lisa admitted, unaware on how it made Pansy feel. Pansy's smile faltered a bit as she looked back at a shrugging Draco. She glances away instead of confronting him, focusing her attention on a chubby, confused boy.

He stumbled as he walked to the group's apartment, which alone made Draco smirk as his gaze bore into the kid's. He, looking absolutely miserable, stammered and opened his mouth to speak. "Have any of you seen my- my-"

"Well, spit it out," Pansy said, noticing the way Draco is acting and using it to scare the poor boy herself. Lisa shared a look with Daphne, who rolled her eyes. Lisa herself had no problem with the student, but to show up at a group of soon-to-be Slytherins when you're already a stuttering mess was quite ridiculous. What did he expect?

"My- I just lost- Trevor-"

"Go find someone else for sympathy," Draco growled, looking away and deciding not to acknowledge the boy after all.

Pansy sneered at the boy until he clambered away, tail tucked between his legs. Blaise found it hilarious. "Let me guess, Hufflepuff."

"Not that fool," Draco retorted. "Not even the 'Puffs will want him." Even Lisa had to laugh at this, and Daphne leaned forward with a content smile, then stood up and pulled out a forest green wallet from her purse.

"Anyone want something from the trolley? My treat."

"Not if I can help it," Draco cuts in. "I'm not letting you pay."

~

Lisa took her place beside Daphne, cut away from the rest of the group who were currently trying to either look viciously at other students like Greg and Vince, or were trying to get Draco's attention, like Pansy.

Before the children entered the Great Hall for the ceremony, Draco's voice could be heard over the sound of chattering first-years. "No need to ask for your name. Red hair, hand-me-down clothes, vacant expression.

"You must be a Weasley," he finished with a proud smirk. Lisa rolled her eyes with Daphne who whispered that he's always this dramatic, as if Lisa didn't already know that.

She finally got a chance to see who Draco was blessing his presence with and met the eyes of the "Golden Boy" himself, Harry Potter. He looked away immediately to address Draco but Lisa didn't stop staring. He was just as everyone said, normal. The only thing he had going for him was the lightning scar, the one that you couldn't even see from a distance- or close up due to the mess of the hair covering it.

He was completely normal, plain.

"I think I can find the wrong sort for myself, thank you," Harry responded coolly, which raised Lisa's suspicions further. Not many could stand up to Malfoy and get away with it. Why, the only two happened to be Lisa and this boy. Maybe Harry wasn't so normal after all.

After a quick yet silent scolding from the austere looking witch, she guided them into the Great Hall. Lisa found herself looking amazed and someone stumbled into her from behind. Lo and behold, the culprit, Harry Potter himself straightened up and met her eyes.

Unlike a person with his wealth and fame, his cheeks burned with embarrassment. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Lisa, come on, we're about to get Sorted," Daphne called from beside Draco, Vincent, Gregory, and Theodore.

"Abbott, Hannah."

Harry's eyes hardened at the sight of her company. "I'll let you go then," he said in an icy tone. Lisa could already tell that if she let him leave she'd never get a chance to befriend him.

"Wait, I didn't even introduce myself, silly," Lisa responded. "I'm Elisabeth Snape, but call me Lisa. I'm going to be in Slytherin- the best House- and it looks like we're already getting off to a bad start." He looked distressed at her introduction, so she continued. "It's also my job to make sure you don't walk away from here with a bad view towards us Slytherins."

"What?"

Lisa raised an eyebrow. "Unless you are Slytherin, because I would be so happy if you were. Anyway, if you aren't, don't start hating me because of what others say. Some of the other Houses don't like us that much."

"Granger, Hermione."

Lisa paused and a short, proud looking girl rushed past them. Lisa smirked. She looked like a great addition to her House what with that high chin and focuses eyes. She would be perfect with-

"Gryffindor!"

Lisa scowled and Harry noticed. "What is it?"

"I thought she'd be in Slytherin," Lisa admitted.

"Hermione?" He retorted as if he knew her personally. "Definitely not. She's a snobbish know-it-all, according to my friend."

So he thought Slytherins weren't snobbish know-it-alls? Lisa smiled and paid attention to the rest of the Sorting.

"Goyle, Gregory."

Slytherin, of course.

"Greengrass, Daphne."

Also Slytherin.

Daphne was the last friend of Lisa's waiting for her name. Patiently, she stood near Harry and found herself getting even more nervous as the seconds tick by.

His name came up first.

"Potter, Harry."

After a theatrical gasp from the crowd, Harry stepped up and the witch from before put the Sorting Hat on his head. Apparently, it took Harry into deep consideration because it took longer to make a decision. "Better be... Gryffindor!"

Lisa sighed, a little disappointed. He would've been amazing in Slytherin. When he glanced back at her for a split second, she made herself break into a smile and clap for him.

A few students later and Lisa sat on the stool, pretending it was a throne, waiting for the Sorting Hat's decision. No... Lisa would not wait for its decision. It would wait for her decision.

How about Gryffindor? I can sense the bravery in your heart-

Don't even think about it, Lisa snarled back. Dad will kill me, and you already know what House it is, so stop wasting my time.

It mumbled a few incoherent words about flair and feistiness before making its decision. "Slytherin!"

The table roared for her, but they still had no idea what extraordinary student they've just gotten themselves.

She met her father's eyes and beamed at him, earning a small nod. Neither of them could wait for the Sorting Ceremony and now that it was over with, her Hogwarts years had just begun.

Her gaze drifted a bit and she found herself peering into the brilliant green eyes of Harry himself. Lisa only hoped that he didn't hate her for being in a different House. It was a horrible thought, but not an uncommon one.

Fortunately, she saw an ounce of admiration in his eyes and a small smile. The two shared a nod, not unnoticed by Daphne.

"He seems nice, besides the fact that it's, uh, Harry Potter," Daphne reminded Lisa. "Also, he's a total and utterly lame dork."

"Daph," Lisa warned, giggling. "Only you can manage to insult him twice in one sentence."

She was right, though. How could Lisa be friends with any Gryffindor? Her kind had been taught to abide by strict rules- including how Gryffindors were the worst kind of friends to have.

~ * ~ * 1.9k words ~ * ~ *

Published 9-28-20

Hiii everyone!! I think im gonna start doing questions for y'all to answer after every chapter.

What's your House?

Mine is Slytherin!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 78 13
Chase has a crush on Skye, and asks Rocky to help him ask her out, but Rocky and Skye have secret crushes on eachother.
56.3K 235 2
Just read the dame book:) Warningโš ๏ธโš ๏ธ slow updates Edit 4/13/2021 Just go with the process pls plus it's just a fanfic and I think I'll edit the book...
81.1K 1.4K 44
During Hogwarts you dated the one and only James Potter but you both broke up, it didn't end well at all, it ended so badly you both pretended each o...
58.9K 1.9K 88
Cassentina-Rose Lovegood. Luna's sister with a dark secret. Born with the inability to breathe, she was changed into a vampire by her long-lost grand...