Who Is She To You? - Chicago...

By chicagouniversefan

A new character is introduced into the Intelligence team. She has a lot of history with a couple people on th... More

Part One - Adam POV
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Author's Message

Part 60

206 1 0
By chicagouniversefan

Hailey POV:

The light in the room blinds when I open my eyes. My throat is sore. I'm still a little out of it. The nurse in my room notices I'm awake.

Nurse: Mrs. Upton, nice to see you awake. I'll go get your husband.

He's not my husband, but I know what she's talking about. I finally realize that there aren't any babies moving around in my stomach. I give birth. The events that happened before I was put under slowly come back as the nurse gets Jay. Suddenly, I hear a noise. It's Jay. 

Hailey: Jay

Jay: Hey, how are you feeling?

Hailey: Not that great, but I'll be okay. Where's the babies?

Jay: Our baby girl is the NICU. She's beautiful Hailey.

Hailey: What about the other baby? Where is he?

Jay: Hailey, the doctors did everything they could. He didn't have a chance. He was stillborn.

Hailey started bursting out in tears.

Jay: Hailey, I'm so sorry.

Jay and I have about an hour cry session. Jay and I have been through so much with this pregnancy. After a while when I calmed, the nurse came and brought our baby girl so I could see her. I couldn't hold her though. No one can. Adam and Will came in and saw our baby girl.

Adam: She's beautiful.

Hailey: She has a long road ahead of her, but she's a Halstead. She will survive.

Jay: So, we are going with my last name?

Hailey: Yeah, she's got an amazing dad and I don't want to hyphenated.

Will: So, what name did you guys pick out?

Jay: Harper

Hailey: Harper Anne Halstead

Adam: That's beautiful

Hailey: Thanks

Jay: For our boy, we were going to go with Harrison Will Halstead

Hailey: Where is he?

Jay: Hailey, we don't have to deal with this now.

Hailey: I want to know where my son is

Will: He's downstairs in our morgue. The doctor downstairs will come talk to you about what's next.

Hailey: What is next?

Will: Signing the death certificate and deciding what to do with his body.

Jay: Hailey, none of this needs to happen now. Let's just enjoy our baby girl right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 1K 30
It was looking like a normal day for the intelligence unit of the 21st district, but a school shooting happens that leads them to uncover the dark se...
11.9K 664 21
In which a paramedic from Saint-Louis moves to Chicago to start over. Turns out she had no clue what the windy city had in store for her. JAY HALSTEA...
59K 1.8K 41
After his father's death, Jay starts forgetting which way is up. Riley wants to be there for him, but is overwhelmed with her fears and the uncertai...
39.6K 460 20
Bethany 'Beth' Halstead, the younger sister of Jay and Will and has a very close relationship with both of their brothers. Beth is known to be the fe...