Who Is She To You? - Chicago...

By chicagouniversefan

A new character is introduced into the Intelligence team. She has a lot of history with a couple people on th... More

Part One - Adam POV
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Author's Message

Part 26

254 5 0
By chicagouniversefan

Adam's POV:

A few hours go by. The whole team has all met and held the new baby. Sara's kids are with a babysitter at home. Sara slowly wakes up. The team is in the room.

Adam: Hey beautiful.

Sara: Umm, what happened?

Adam: You had the baby.

Sara: What?

Adam: It's a boy.

Sara: What? I wasn't due for another couple of weeks. Where is he?

Kim turns around. She's holding the baby. Kim hands him off to her.

Sara: Aww.

Sara starts crying.

Adam: Hey, what's wrong?

She continues to cry.

The team gets the memo and clears the room.

Sara: I always thought I was going to be the first one to hold him. Instead, I wake up to your ex-fiancee holding him. It's just perfect.

Adam: I'm sorry. The whole team just wanted to meet him. They're family to me.

Sara: I get it. It's just really hard to see your husband's ex-fiancee holding my baby that hasn't been able to hold yet.

Adam: I'm sorry. I get it, but we have talked about this a thousand times, she's a good friend and will always be a part of my life.

Sara: I know and I've respected that, but at the end of the day, we are married and we have children together. I need you more than ever. I just don't want your friendship with her getting in the way of our family.

Adam: When has it ever?

Sara: When you're out drinking late at night with her.

Adam: That was only a few times. Every single night, other than those few nights, that I'm not working, I'm with the kids while you're working.

Sara: Because this is Chicago. There's dead bodies every single night that I have to investigate. The bodies don't stop dropping once you're off the clock.

Adam: You were pregnant. You could have worked light duty.

Sara: No. I don't just dig through bodies all day. I bring closure to grieving parents and family members. You know I couldn't stop doing that.

Adam: Yeah, you could've. For the sake of this family. We almost lost you. You almost widowed me. You could have left the kids without a mother.

The whole team can hear our argument. It's not the first time this team has heard me argue with people.

If this was Kim, we would actually be enjoying the fact that we just had a child and not arguing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 361 38
They once promised to always have each other's back but destiny does not always go as planned. Now almost four years later, each one living their lif...
29.7K 542 35
A few weeks after Jay and Hailey confessed their feelings for each other, and after Hailey recovered from a scary incident. They were back at being p...
5.9K 74 11
The intelligence team is hit with a high profile case when a top female judge is shot in her own home. Jay is trying to push through some struggles o...
39.6K 460 20
Bethany 'Beth' Halstead, the younger sister of Jay and Will and has a very close relationship with both of their brothers. Beth is known to be the fe...